Like the title says youtuber Casey Aonso made a video about the #MAGAChallenge, if you are like me and have no fucking idea what that is don't worry Casey wrote about it in her "info box", thanks Casey!
"For those who aren't on twitter and want a bit of context (i dont blame you lol) basically a trump supporter started a hashtag called #MAGAChallenge and made a beat for other people to use and make their own raps to compete- then trump tweeted out that a winner would be chosen and invited to the white house, meaning a lot of people suddenly decided to jump on it. as a result, there are a lot of extremely cringey videos that i came across myself as well as some that you guys sent me last week (ty for that!!) so i compiled a few for us to watch together!"
Amber Liu, member of Korean girl group f(x), discussed a video of a man getting arrested by multiple police officers after eating a sandwich on a train platform in San Fransisco on JustKiddingNews. Liu stated, “I think he just fucking deserved it, because dude he’s being super disrespectful, it’s like you don’t have to act like that towards a police officer. A police officer is a police officer, you should still show some type of respect. Know your rights but show some type of respect.” The video was quickly privated after Liu received backlash for her comments on the incident, which has been viewed as another situation where black people are arrested for mundane activities.
I just spent last weekend talking to people about the importance of participating in the census and dissuading fears of the citizenship question at a two-day conference this past weekend so this feels super timely for me.
Billionaire Kylie Jenner is selling a majority stake of her popular cosmetics line for $600 million. Is Kylie staying ahead of the curve by selling her stake while her make up is still hot in an over saturated market? The rise and shine chanteuse is staying on as its creative leader. source= https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1196450516018053121?s=20
His testimonial lasted about 20 minutes at Houston's Lakewood Church. -He knows God has been calling him for a long time while the devil distracted him -At his lowest point God was with him sending him visions and inspiring him -"I was a superstar but the only superstar is Jesus" -Asked everyone to be completely silent so "I can let God flow through me as I speak" -Rants about constant advertisement about alcohol=spirit, strip clubs and being told to quiet down when it comes to Jesus -Every time he stands up he feel he's standing up and drawling a line in the sand -"No weapon against me shall prosper" -The devil stole all the good producers, musicians, artists, designers, business people - "The shift is going to change"
Chic Fil A announced that it ill no longer donate to the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA). Both organizations have taken controversial stands on homosexuality and same-sex marriage.
The stakes have never been higher. Marvel's Runaways returns for its final season December 13th on Hulu.
In Marvel's Runaways Season 3, the Runaways frantically search for their captured friends Chase, Gert and Karolina. The kids go head to head with an unstoppable enemy who has targeted Leslie - or more accurately, the child she's carrying. Nico draws them all into a dark realm where its ruler Morgan le Fay, played by Elizabeth Hurley, is much more nefarious than anyone the kids have yet to face.
Kingsley Ben-Adir will be playing Barack Obama in the upcoming James Comey miniseries. Jeff Daniels and Brendan Gleeson were previously announced as playing Comey and Donald Trump.
Ben-Adir’s previous roles include series like “Peaky Blinders” and “The OA,” as well as in the Disney+ film “Noelle” with Anna Kendrick. He will next be seen in alongside Zoe Kravitz in “High Fidelity.”
While 5A doesn't have an official premiere date yet (it's rumored to be December 6th), the cast officially wrapped on Friday and shared photos from the final days of filming. There are eighteen episodes left to air.
Baby Yoda may have just appeared on The Mandalorian, but has already become a television icon. The new character even made co-star Werner Herzog cry on set when he saw it: “I have seen it on the set. I’ve seen it on the set. And it’s heartbreaking! It’s heartbreakingly beautiful. It made you cry when you saw it.”
This reaction is all the more pure, because Herzog has seen not seen a Star Wars, and is probably unaware of the bigger reaction audiences would have to the character. He also called the techs operating the character a "phenomenal technological achievement."
Herzog's character on the show tasks The Mandalorian with bringing back a 50-year old target, who turns out to be an infant member of the same -- and still unknown -- species as Yoda.
Episode 3 of The Mandalorian will be released on Disney+ this Friday.
It's been 15 years since Gwen Stefani released Love Angel Music Baby. The debut solo album featured the smash hits Rich Girl, take a chance you stupid ho, what are you waiting for and got us to spell bananas with the Courtney Love diss track Hollaback Girl. Cancel culture may come back a bite Gwen Stefani as the goat vocal chanteuse raised controversy with her culture appropriation during the LAMB era and of course the misuse of the Harajuku Girls. Stefani will also perform a medley on the voice but it is unknown if she will bring the Harajuku girls out or use the theme of chola descent when she performs Luxurious.
No Doubt's reunion was short lived when Stefani showed her white woman ass wearing a Native American Headress on their flop single 'Looking hot'.
Mandy Moore joined the Pete Buttigieg campaign this weekend to help spread the campaign's message of "inclusivity" with Pete's quirky husband, Chasten. New Orleans, a city that is 60% black, really drove home that message of Pete's "inclusivity" at a stop Mandy & Chasten made at Tulane (30% black/nbpoc) with this diverse crowd.
Haus Labs Holiday Collection, "Cosmic Love," will feature a new eyeshadow formula, the Glam Attack Metallic Creme. The foil finish shadows are flake free and give full, opaque coverage. The shadows come in bronze, champagne, red, and gunmetal shades.
The brand is also launching a bullet lipstick. The new "Sparkle Lipstick" in 'Burlesque' is a sparkling crimson shade that's universally flattering and features a glittering finish.
The first part of the Haus Labs Cosmic Love Holiday Collection is out now.
-- Kelly Clarkson's talk show is the #1 new daytime show of the season and has been renewed for a second season. It has apparently had the strongest start to any new first run talk show in the past seven years.
Whee, The CATS and FROZEN II songs are out! I'll probably have a third ieteration should we make it to 2020. But for now, let's get restarted.
Just came out today -
Mark Ronson & Anderson .Paak - Then There Were Two - "Spies in Disguise"
Right now, we've got to start somewhere.
The last animated movie of 2019, Blue Sky Studios SPIES IN DISGUISE features Will Smith (As a bird) and Tom Holland (Not as a bird). I'm not familiar with Anderson .Paak, but there is a nice, retro smoothness to this song that I like.
It's a pity it's not winning anyting, but it does sound nice.
OTHER POSSIBLE AWARDS: Best Animated Feature, but this category is 2strong this year.
Helena Bonham Carter is promoting the new season of The Crown on Netflix
Summary of conversation [Spoiler (click to open)] [I think there is one more clip missing, I’ll add it later if it gets uploaded]
HBC will play Princess Margaret (PM), formerly played by Vanessa Kirby. PM knew how to read President Johnson. Joy learned that HBC met PM. She met her irl (a long time ago) and she was a bit ambivalent about people’s perception of her. Clever at backhanded compliments lol. HBC felt she had both times of happiness and sadness. Hard to be that famous, also vulnerable. HBC talked to her friends. She minded being short 5FT, she was tiny. So she had a bit of a complex, raising seat in her car. Her job was to be seen, she was self-conscious about her height.
Sunny brings up Harry and Meghan not spending Christmas with the Queen, wonders if there’s a rift. HBC says it doesn’t matter, let them be. Says it’s her (Doria) time. Thinks PM was the first to break the mold. They’ve all had their moments. Whoopi says PM liked to perform and sing. HBC says one was an introvert and PM was an extrovert. Generally musical. Liked to drink. Meghan loves her. HBC said when she was alive, people loved to dislike her, but now she’s beloved. Sunny and Meghan liked that she was irreverent and a rebel. Joy says HBC is wonderful, funny, real playing the role.
As a child, "Supernatural" star @mishacollins called many places home. While his family's nomadic lifestyle could be taxing, he writes, his mother's homemade meals were a comforting constant — and they inspired how he parents today. https://t.co/R1cUfT85zt
Misha and Vicki have been promoting The Adventurous Eaters Club for a few weeks now - 100% of the profits are being donated to charity. Prior to the book's release, he wrote an article for NYT Parenting about growing up poor and his relationship with food, along with how it affects his parenting today.
In Spy Racers, Tyler Posey is set to voice Dom's cousin, Tony, who's recruited to go undercover in a crime organization posing a racing league. Renee Elise Goldberry, Jimmy Tatro, and Vin's daughter Similice are also set to star.
“Charlie’s Angels” reboot is the latest studio box office bomb. The film “will be a significant loss” for Sony this season.
Banks called out box office bomb as being sexist. This movie doesn’t make money because men don’t go see women do action movies. “Captain Marvel” and “Wonder Women" were success because there are male genre. The woman is at the center but with a setting of a larger comic book world. Women’s voices need to be supported with money, because money is power.
Banks defended her decision to make another “Charlie’s Angels” No one was complaining when there were 37 Spider-Man movies. She was interested in launching a big franchise driven by women. She was not concerned about the reaction of trolls, she challenged them to get up and make an action movie.
Avocado has become one of the world’s trendiest foods, but they require an extraordinary amount of costly resources and labour in order to grow. As the poster child of millennial healthy eating, this superfood is now a mainstay for foodies everywhere. But have you noticed your avocado toast is costing more and more?
Among the new items, a doormat that says "I Hope You Like Taylor Swift" which came from an idea that a fan posted about on Tumblr. It is unclear if the fan was compensated for her idea, which Taylor 'liked' on tumblr earlier this year. Judging from the fan reaction, she just found out that Taylor "borrowed" her idea.
Billboard Hot 100 Top 10: 1. Someone You Loved ↔️ from #1 2. Circles ↔️ from #2 3. Señorita ↔️ from #3 4. Good As Hell ⬆️ from #6. 5. Memories ⬆️ from #9 6. Truth Hurts ⬇️ from #4 7. No Guidance ↔️ from #7 8. Lose You to Love Me ⬇️ from #5 9. Panini ⬇️ from #8 10. 10,000 Hours ↔️ from #10
🎄Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You has re-entered the charts at #39🎄
*While doing press for his new film Knives Out, Chris Evans addressed speculation that he would reprise old man Steve Rogers for a guest appearance in the upcoming Disney+ series “Falcon and The Winter Soldier.”
*Evans denied he would appear in the series, saying “Probably not”, adding it would be best to “just be content with how well it ended.“
*The full interview alongside Knives Out co-star Ana de Armas can be viewed at the source, but be warned it does contain minor spoilers for Knives Out.
Maybe VHS has a new Strange Love on its hands? Deelishis (aka Chandra Davis), the winner of Flavor of Love season 2, is dating Raymond Santana, who was wrongfully convicted of rape in 1989 and is known as one of the Central Park Five.
How did Davis, a D-list reality star and Santana, now a fashion designer and advocate for criminal justice reform, meet?
- A return to the original novel's core concepts: "Were the choices that made us who we are ever really ours to make? Did we get to our place in life through sheer luck, and if so, how easily could things have gone the other way? Would you be the same person under any circumstances? If you found out you were the worst possible version of yourself, would it be too late to change?"
- Introduces a new set of characters, the Black Communist Rebels, of whom one of the leaders was inspired by Angela Davis. The series grapples with the fact that even in the Alt!Verse where the Allies won, black people in the USA still continue to suffer oppression
- A lot of the heavy lifting acting-wise is given to Francis Turner (the female leader of the BCR) and Rufus Sewell, both of whom are brilliant in their respective roles, as well as Joel de la Fuente as Chief Inspector Kido.
- No appearances by Rupert Evans (Frank Frink), DJ Qualls (Ed McCarthy) and most significantly, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, (Nobusuke Tagomi). No word on whether these decisions were contractual or creative.
[Spoiler (click to open)] - Jada Pinkett Smith interviews Whitney Houston's long time friend Robyn Crawford, who has written the book " A song for you: My life with Whitney Houston".
-Crawford says she had a great comfort in her silence,but after Houston's death she read a lot of false information. When Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina died in 2015 she felt she needed to set the record straight.
- Crawford and Houston met while working together at a camp when they were 17 and 19. Crawford says they were intimate on all levels and felt neither shame or a need for a label for their relationship.
- Houston's mother did not like how close they were. Crawford says she felt a bitterness from her and felt that may have been in part that Whitney told Crawford everything,but Crawford says she was told everything because she was the only one that really listened.
- Whitney ended the physical part of their relationship two years later when she signed her first record deal. Houston gave Crawford a Bible and said that their romance had to end because it was wrong and people would use it against them. Houston said her mother told her they would go to hell if they continued.
- They stayed friends and business partners ,as Whitney wanted someone who knew her before the fame To be around. Even though they were no longer in a romance, Whitney accused Crawford of sleeping with a backup dancer on a tour. Whitney tore pages out of Robyns Bible and tore those pages in little bits. Jada says this reminds her of Tupac accusing her of a romance, even though they were not romantic.. They both agree people would see this as jealousy, but they see it as these big stars protecting the only real normalcy in their lives.
- Robyn was Whitney's maid of honor to her wedding to Bobby Brown. Brown was 23 and Houston was 28 at the time of the wedding. Whitney asked Robyn if she thought Brown loved her. Crawford said she didn't know him well enough to give an answer.
-When Whitney came back from her honeymoon she had a 4 Inch gash on her face. She said it was from flying glass. Robyn did not ask about it again.
- After Robyn left after 20 years, she assumed Whitney would get tired of the drama and abuse from Brown and leave earlier than she did.
- Robyn felt anger at Whitney's death. She says she should have never been alone. Crawford " When Whitney passed,I was flooded with anger, I never thought she would fall. Swimming is what she loved to do. I mean the girl could swim.she loved the water, and that's why her passing in the water is just so crazy,like hard for me to wrap my heart and head around.
- Crawford says time waits for no one and to reconcile if you can. Jada says you never get over a death, you just learn how to deal with it.