He was asked about the prospect of a female Bond & responded; “Yes! I think we've watched the guys do it for the last 40 years, get out of the way, guys, and put a woman up there. I think it would be exhilarating, it would be exciting,”
But he doesn't think it will happen while the current producers are in charge of the franchise.
“I don't think that's going to happen with the Broccolis. I don't think that is going to happen under their watch," he said.
The songstress who has recently taken to voicing quite a few opinions has rasied her latest topic of conversation: furries. During an instagram livestream, Lana got a comment regarding whether she was a furry, to which she replied with a disgusted face and statement 'I'm not a furry. You guys are gross'.
#JojoRabbit : Taika Waititi knocks it out of der park with the meaningful lunacy of his anti-hate satire. Title 10-year-old, a Nazi in training with Hitler as an imaginary friend, has something to learn: love conquers hate, and laughter makes it easier. #TIFF19pic.twitter.com/V1eI5QFLvG
The controversial movie 'Jojo Rabbit' from director Taika Waititi premiered at TIFF tonight, and well, it's getting a lot of glowing reviews (no mention of awards, just positive reactions). Most people sound surprised at how moved and impressed they were by the movie, given how ridiculous the story is (which it still is) and trailer looks, and the subject matter around it. More reviews and first impressions below.
-Writers Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey speak of what led up to their expose of Harvey Weinstein for the New York Times and their new book "She Said"
- Gwyneth Paltrow was one of the first sources to share her story of the time her agent sent her a fax to meet Weinstein at his hotel room for a meeting. The meeting ended with Weinstein putting his hands on her and saying "Let's finish this in the bedroom. Paltrow refused and told her than boyfriend Brad Pitt. After Pitt confronted Weinstein he was enraged and told Paltrow that she was going to screw up her entire career if she told anyone.
-Most of the woman wanted the stories to stay quiet. The famous ones said it was going to become a sleazy Hollywood sex story they didn't want to be involved in and the unknowns said that it would be the first Google search for them for the rest of their lives and be tainted by it forever.
- A company accountant helped them obtain information that helped break the story , such as an internal memo written by a literary scout in 2015 that detailed her own harassment and what she had heard from others.
- A 2016 memo shows how lawyer Lisa Bloom tried to discredit rose McGowan by planting stories about her. The memo: "Clearly she must be stoped in her ridiculous and defamatory attacks on you. She is dangerous. We can place an article where she is becoming increasingly unglued". Bloom says working for Weinstein was a colossal mistake and she would never again represent someone accused of discrimination or abuse.
-The writers say that their needs to be a push forward for systematic changes where both the accused and the accusers are adequately protected and believe there is more change to come.
- Margaret Atwood speaks on the " Handmaid's tale" influence ahead of the sequel "The Testaments"
- She wrote the " Handmaid's Tale" while living in Berlin and speaks of the law in Romania at the time , where woman had to have four children and had to take pregnancy test every month.
-On the Handmaid's attire. " Concealment of the body. Limitation of the body. They can't see you ,but you can't see them". Also the the picture on the "old Dutch" cleaner package that shows a Dutch woman in a large blue dress.
-When asked if she intended the book to be a warning. " What does it matter what I intended or not, it is a warning". Atwood has never believed such actions could never not happen closer to home.
- Every atrocity in the book and the show had to have happened in real life somewhere. Atwood" The human race made it up unfortunately.
-Atwood grew up in the woods as her father was an etomologist. She decided she was a writer at 16.
- When asked what she is most proud of " I'm Canadian . We don't do most proud of. We do less embarrassed by".
- Donny and Marie talk new chapters in their lives. They are leaving their last Vegas residency after 11 sold out years. Donnie says you should know when to quite and move on.
- Marie is getting ready for her place on "The Talk" where she says there is no prep and Donnie is recording an album of all new material.
- Donny on teen fame:" I didn't have time for friends. I was on every teen magazine at that time ,but I was very lonely.
- Donny says an old agent was going to set up a fake drug bust to shed his squeaky clean persona. Marie says she was offered $5 million dollars to pose for "Playboy" but says she wouldn't want to see her mother in there and she really wanted to be a mom.
- Marie speaks of her son who took his own life 9 years ago " You know, I don't think you're ever through it. I think God gives you respites and then all of a sudden it'll hit you like the day it did. The ripple effect is so huge, what you leave behind".
Still irrevocably scarred by the trauma he endured as a child at the Overlook, Dan Torrance has fought to find some semblance of peace. But that peace is shattered when he encounters Abra, a courageous teenager with her own powerful extrasensory gift, known as the “shine.” Instinctively recognizing that Dan shares her power, Abra has sought him out, desperate for his help against the merciless Rose the Hat and her followers, The True Knot, who feed off the shine of innocents in their quest for immortality. Forming an unlikely alliance, Dan and Abra engage in a brutal life-or-death battle with Rose. Abra’s innocence and fearless embrace of her shine compel Dan to call upon his own powers as never before—at once facing his fears and reawakening the ghosts of the past.
Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, Kyliegh Curran, Carl Lumbly, Zahn McClarnon, Emily Alyn Lind, Bruce Greenwood, Jocelin Donahue, Alex Essoe and Cliff Curtis star in the supernatural thriller, directed by Mike Flanagan, from his own screenplay based upon the novel by Stephen King. The film opens November 8, 2019.
The film premiered at TIFF and soon after the embargo on reviews lifted. Although some admitted the movie was beautifully shot, the general consensus seems to be that the adaptation fell short of expectations.
Weyes Blood, aka Natalie Laura Merling, stepped into the human serviette's lair and was gifted with records perfectly tailored for her obscure tastes. She received an Alexander "Skip" Spence LP, an artist she played so much that people around her begged her to stop.
Catch Weyes Blood on tour NOW with KACEY Musgraves, prob sold out in your town!!
Season 2 premieres on September 24th. Katey Sagal will return as Louise for ten of the nineteen episodes (starting in 2.03), and the showrunner promises that they're taking it slow on a relationship between her and Dan, because he's not sure if he wants to date/fall in love with anybody again.
- Britney's doctor, Timothy Benson, who has supervised the singer's medical treatment, passed away, TMZ reports.
- cause of death is unknown, but they claim it's due to an aneurysm.
- Earlier this year, the judge requested an overall mental health evaluation on Britney, as well as interviews with anyone connected to the conservatorship. Dr. Benson was a key player in that he could advise the judge whether the conservatorship was medically needed or not.
- One major question the judge needs answered is if Britney’s medical treatment has helped or harmed her. Earlier this year, Britney allegedly told the judge she was being forced to take medication and being held at a mental health facility against her will.
in a press release, twigs announced that magdalene will be released on october 25th,and features contributions from nicolas jaar, future, skrillex, jack antonoff, oneohtrix point never, cashmere cat, and benny blanco.
[from the press release] “i never thought heartbreak could be so all-encompassing. i never thought that my body could stop working to the point that i couldn’t express myself physically in the ways that i have always loved and found so much solace. i have always practiced my way into being the best i could be, but i couldn’t do that this time, i was left with no option but to tear every process down. but the process of making this album has allowed me for the first time, and in the most real way, to find compassion when i have been at my most ungraceful, confused and fractured. i stopped judging myself and at that moment found hope in magdalene. to her i am forever grateful.”
watch the video for “holy terrain” and view the album cover and tracklist for magdalene below:
Parker became choked up trying to answer a question regarding the negative reviews 'American Skin' received. He will continue to make films despite his decades-old rape charge leading to increased scrutiny in the U.S. Parker said he hopes American Skin can save lives.
“I'm not here to make a headline. I have five daughters and if I'm really blessed they will marry five great men, they'll have children, inevitably they'll have boys and they will look like me. If they are no more safe in their time than I am in this time I have failed as a human being, I have failed as a father and I've failed as an artist. I don't want to get involved in anything that takes away from the urgency of that."
Paramount! The studio putting out such modern day hits as...well, anyway, they're rebooting "Face/Off".
If you're like me and have never seen the original, there's a lot of literal face swapping and identity stealing and action. The article even says " That the good guy is stuck with the face he hates most, and that the villain is going home to bed his wife and take over his home life."
it's going to be written by Oren Uziel, who is behind such hits as "The Cloverfield Paradox" and "Sonic The Hedgehog"📉
She’s cute. Joins the view with her BIG OLE TROPHY! Talks about playing her idol in the finals. Discussed her strategy to keep her nerves calm. Yay to Canada. Crowd was overwhelmingly rooting for Serena. Bianca even apologized when she won, said it was such a Canadian thing to do haha. Says Serena is a legend and a real kind person. Joy says the sisterhood is strong. Bianca is Canadian, but parents immigrated from Romania. She started playing when she was 10 yrs old, won her first Slam only 9 yrs later. Shows clip of Coco her dog (aww), who is her good luck charm and was at the match. She autographs some tennis balls and hits them into the tv audience. Crowd cheers wildly. Good for her.
You may have seen twitter videos from Fatima Lakhani of a particularly charismatic Evil Queen face character from Disneyland - and she's stealing thte mirror-laden spotlight on the world wide web.
"Have you fixed these nails of yours?" She asks Lakhani, "No, they're still burnt orange 🙄."
We don't know who The Fairest actress is who is doing this. Unfortunately, this clip doesn't show a part where she insults someone, the audience laughs, and she goes "You're laughing, but I'm talking about you."
"Truly I never wanna spend time with white people again (if that’s what non-muslims are called). Not for one moment, for any reason. They are disgusting.”
O’Connor has apologized for previously calling fellow white people “disgusting” after converting to Islam. Sinéad, who goes by Shuhada Sadaqat, insists she was only lashing out at critics over her religious conversion.
“As regards to remarks I made while angry and unwell, about white people… they were not true at the time and they are not true now. I was triggered as a result of islamophobia dumped on me. I apologize for hurt caused. That was one of many crazy tweets lord knows.”
The Aussie Queen is back, performing a greatest hits medley on the British version of Dancing with the Stars. Kylie performed some of her beloved hits like Love At First Sight, Better the Devil You Know, All The Lovers and Dancing.
Alyson Stoner sat down with Ellen... 17 years after her first performance in Season 1, around the time she shot to fame as the featured kid dancer in Missy Elliott's "Work It" music video. After rejoining Missy onstage at the recent 2019 MTV VMAs, Alyson stopped by to talk with Ellen about what it was like dancing at the awards show and how she's greatly downsized her life.
Depp and Dior are working with those who were offended. "There was never—and how could there be or how would there be—any dishonorable [intent]. The film was made with a great respect for the indigenous people not just of North America but all over the world. It's a pity that people jumped the gun and made these objections. However, their objections are their objections."
"A teaser obviously is a very concentrated version of images and there were objections to the teaser of the small film. The film has never been seen. I can assure you that no one has any reason to go out to try to exploit. It was a film made out of great respect and with great respect and love for the Native American peoples to bring light to them. They haven't had the greatest amount of help out of the United States government."
It's not clear if the full Dior commercial will see the light of day
Emily Ratajkowski, a bohemian whose husband is worth around $18 million but is too broke to pay his rent, walked the red carpet in a dress from Zara that costs $49.99.
Ratajkowski and her film-producer husband do not pay rent on their $5,000 per month Manhattan loft because of a loophole that allows artists to stay in commercial buildings. Maybe she's trying to save money for a nicer place?
Starring ONTD's favorite people, James Corden ("Peter Rabbit"), Jason Derulo ("JAY-SON DE-RULOOO"), Taylor Swift ("Valentine's Day"), a beardless Idris Elba ("Rocknrolla"), Judi Dench ("Artemis Fowl"), Jennifer Hudson ("Dreamgirls").
Featuring Lloyd Webber’s iconic music and a world-class cast of dancers under the guidance of Tony-winning choreographer Andy Blankenbuehler (Hamilton, In the Heights), the film reimagines the musical for a new generation with spectacular production design, state-of-the-art technology, and dance styles ranging from classical ballet to contemporary, hip-hop to jazz, street dance to tap.
Jenny Slate is engaged to her artist boyfriend Ben Shattuck! The two made their debut as a couple in late January at the Sundance Film Festival. According to Ben's instagram post, he proposed to her in an abandoned castle in Southern France. Slate was previously married to filmmaker Dean Fleischer-Camp from 2012 to 2016 and was in an on-off relationship with Chris Evans from 2016 to 2018.
Pure comedies have all but vanished from the big screen, and the ones that are made tend to flounder at the box office. Is the genre deader than a bad yo mama joke, or totally alive and well? Let’s find out in this Wisecrack Edition: Is Comedy Dead?
Late last night, Stable Genius was super salty because "Guys like boring [dot dot dot dot dot pause dot dot dot dot] musician @johnlegend, and his filthy mouthed wife, are talking now about how great [the First Step Act] is" without sycophantically praising and crediting him.
lol what a pussy ass bitch. tagged everyone but me. an honor, mister president.
Ummmmmm, did you miss OP? The answer is: ya better had. Truly the Julius Caesar of television educational programs, the third season of Love After Lockup is upon us with fresh meat! Let us meet the couples with inevitable "Only God Can Judge Me" tattoos and judge them! OP is still catching up with the new season, but let us begin a general discussion of all of these people who lack sense and sensibility.
( Collapse ) This episode is brought to you by is anyone disturbed by the amount of young children with their wildin' out ass parents this season? And also disturbed by the amount of French manicures?
Steinfeld has been offered a lead role in the upcoming “Hawkeye” series at Disney Plus. Steinfeld would play Kate Bishop. Bishop is a Marvel Comics character who took up the Hawkeye mantle after Clint Barton (Renner). She is also a member of the group known as the Young Avengers.