[0:55] Joe Jonas disses Taylor Swift and all the tears on her guitar. Original lyric: Got a rep for breakin' hearts / now I'm done with superstars Changed to: Got a rep for breakin' hearts / now I'm done with country stars SOURCE
[0:20] Cardi B disses Offset during Motorsport. Original lyric: I got upset off / I turn Offset on / I told him the other day, "man, we should sell that porn" Changed to: I got upset off / I turn Offset on / I told him the other day, "yeah, we're gonna get a divorce" SOURCE
There is a vast and insidious conspiracy at play. #WatchmenHBO debuts this October.
From Damon Lindelof and set in an alternate history where masked vigilantes are treated as outlaws, this drama series embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name while attempting to break new ground of its own. The cast includes Regina King, Jeremy Irons, Don Johnson, Jean Smart, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Hong Chau, Andrew Howard, Tom Mison, Frances Fisher, Jacob Ming-Trent, Sara Vickers, Dylan Schombing, and James Wolk.
It was announced today at comic-con that “Star Trek” icons Brent Spiner, Jeri Ryan and Jonathan Del Arco will be appearing in STAR TREK: PICARD. In addition to the surprise guests, it was revealed that “Star Trek’s” Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis will make appearances in the new series as well.
STAR TREK: PICARD features Sir Patrick Stewart reprising his iconic role as “Jean-Luc Picard,” which he played for seven seasons on “Star Trek: The Next Generation.” The new series will follow this iconic character into the next chapter of his life. Alongside Stewart, STAR TREK: PICARD will also star Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd, Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway and Evan Evagora.
STAR TREK: PICARD will premiere in early 2020 exclusively on CBS All Access in the U.S.
The cast of Kim's Convenience expressed their joy over the announcement of Simu Liu's (Jung) casting as the titular Shang Chi in Marvel's upcoming film. Particularly as this has been a vocal dream of Liu's.
- Kevin Feige was asked about what Tessa Thompson said onstage about "Valkyrie looking for her queen" could be interpreted as her being LGBTQ+, and he said yes, that it was never "implied". (Get that female-Thor pussah, gurl!) - KF also confirmed The Eternals will also have a gay lead, that we have heard so much about. No word yet on who it is, but if the recent 'ONTD's best roomies walking posts' are to be believed, it's Richard Madden's Ikaris.
Marvel Studios revealed that they are making a Blade project, and it will be starring Mahershala Ali. Feige explained that Ali came to meet with Marvel Studios after he won the Oscar for Green Room and said he wanted to do Blade.
Former Supermodel Tyra Banks talks to WSJ's Lee Hawkins about "Modelland" -- a multi-level entertainment, retail and dining complex she's opening in Santa Monica this year -- her recent Sports Illustrated cover, and how she broke into the TV business.
Angelina Jolie is playing Thena, based on the Greek goddess Athena.
She’s joined by Salma Hayek as Ajax, leader of the Eternals, Richard Madden as Ikaris (based on Icarus), Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo Sunen, Bryan Tyree Henry as Phastos (based on Hephaestus), Lia McHugh as Sprite, Don Lee as Gilgamesh (also known as the Forgotten One in comics), and Lauren Ridloff as Makkari.
It starts shooting next month and will premiere November 5, 2020.
- A criminal justice lawyer goes over some of the facts and evidence from the Season 1 death to determine if Bonnie or the rest of the Monterey 5 would be guilty after their lies. Also, if the circumstances would be different for Celeste.
Let’s see what Celeste has up her sleeve to take down Mary Louise!
This month, Mandatory attempted their own ranking of best and worst fast food french fries. Earlier this year, Thrillist tried ranking 20 different french fries but was completely overshadowed by The Los Angeles Times and their own list which was published a few days earlier.
So I’ve included their list as a bonus to this post (if mods allow it) since it covers more fries. Let’s proceed.
- This show dealt with the Bradys as adults. Mrs. Brady was a real estate agent, Mr Brady ran for City Council, Marcia (played by Leah Ayres) was a fashion designer, Peter was in the Air force, Cindy was a radio dj,Alice is married to Sam, Jan , an architect,delt with infertility and later adopted. Bobby, a racecar driver became parlyzed from an accident.
-Followed the now adult Beaver who is divorced and living with widowed mom(Mr. Cleaver ,Hugh Beaumont died of a heart attack in 1982 at 73)with his two kids. Wally lives next door with his wife and daughter. Eddie Haskill is still trash.
Trivia: The original show aired on both Cbs and Abc. The new show was on the disney channel and moved to superstation WTBS which is now TBS.
-Mrs.Cleaver wore pearls to hide a surgical scar on her neck and heels to try to stay taller than the growing boys as long as she could.
-Ken Osmond's(Eddie Haskell) real life sons played his sons on the revival.
Valerie's Family, The Hogan family, The Hogans-1988-1991
-Valerie Harper wanted the show to be real and not slapstick. After a year the show rose in ratings and Harper and her producer/husband asked for more money and walked off set whiched worked when she was on "Rhoda".
- In the summer of 1988 Harper came back and filmed an episode for the 3rd season. Rumor has it she walked of again, she said she did not.
-Valerie Harper was fired from her self titled show. She sued for breach of contract and went on talk shows saying the producers were sexist liars. They sued for libel. The charecter was killed in a car accident off screen. The Father came back and Aunt Sandy, actress Sandy Duncan who was best known as playing" Peter Pan" and who had a contract with NBC for a show came on as the boys aunt.
-Many accusations were flung. Producers said Harper had meltdowns about her show being taken away from her as than heartthroab Jason Bateman was given a lot of screentime for his teen base.
-At trail it was revealed that during a meeting one of the producers wrote" change of life" on a notecard.
-Harper" The raging hormone nonsense they've used against us since the beginnig of time. I don't see menopause as incapacitating or leading to insanity. I'm looking foreward to it".
- Harper won 1.82 millon that she donated to charity. She has a go fund me page for her current cancer treatments.
Trivia: Lisa Rinna had her first role as Jason Bateman's date.
- At the end of the first season producers relized the show did not depict the realities of an HBCU so they enlisted Debbie Allen who went to Howard University(HU!You Know!) to be the chief creative force at the show.
-Lisa Bonet announced she was pregnant and Allen was open to a pregnant college student but 1988 said no.
-The show put Jasmine Guy and Kadeem Hardison at the forefront.
-Heather Locklear was cast on episode 21 in 1993 and the show fully went into becoming an over the top soap oprea that was adored.
-episode 11 when Dr Kimberly Shaw(Marcia Cross) came on board and sweet understanding Michael became evil through the affair (or was he evil all along and he used the affair as an excuse) was when things really changed. IMO. Source:https://youtu.be/zPa8_Vo6Pd0
-At the end of the run of the show, snowglobes with the pool water was sent out to jounalist who sold them on ebay for $300.
-The show was edited in 1995 due to the Oklahoma City Bombing which happened a month before Kimberly places a bomb in the complex. A To be continued message played and the viewers saw the aftermathe in the fall.
-Hunter Tylo sued in 1996 when she was fired for being pregnant. She won $4.8 million and the role was recast with Lisa Rinna who was accommmodated when she got pregnant.
- Vannessa A. Williams(Showtimes Soul Food) on being fired after rhe first season."The whole face of the show changed, no pun intended, to Aaron Spelling's soap opera formula. They raised the stakes in terms of sexual content, so who was gonna jump in bed with the black girl and not raise a hair in middle america somewhere?" I know it had nothing to do with my work, so I just had to release".
-Model's Inc.was a spin off that lasted a year in 1994.
Helen Mirren has already been Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Elizabeth II, and Queen consort Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz for good measure. Now Helen Mirren is Catherine II, Empress and Autocrat of All Russia.
Sky Ferreira performed at opening day of the Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago, IL this weekend, but what should have been a triumphant return to the stage for the 27 year old was "marred by technical difficulties and an abrupt ending."