Jason Mitchell was fired from the upcoming Netflix movie Desperados just before shooting began.
He was terminated by his agent, his manager and his lawyer, and he was dropped from The Chi.
• Tiffany Boone (Mitchell’s character’s girlfriend), and second-season showrunner Ayanna Floyd filed a complaint.
Despite HR training, the alleged conduct persisted and Boone asked to be released from the series.
Mitchell was to remain for a planned season three.
• Lena Waithe has credits as creator, producer and sometime writer.
She was made aware of Mitchell’s alleged harassment only after the first season wrapped.
Season one showrunner, Elwood Reid, declined to comment, but he was unaware of conduct issues.
Concern for on-set conduct, Waithe pushed for a WOC (Floyd) as showrunner for 2nd season.
Waithe did not know the alleged conduct had continued.
• Floyd informed by Lena of the issues between Jason Mitchell and Tiffany Boone from season one.
Everyone was well aware of Jason’s behavior and his multiple HR cases.
Lena is very involved at the studio and network level.
Floyd became a target of his rage and inappropriateness, and had to report him to HR.
• Showtime said issues on the show are the domain of production entity Fox 21.
Mitchell was allowed to remain, following an HR complaint, he was entitled to a second chance.
Showtime declined to comment, as did Fox 21.
• Anna Camp and Nasim Pedrad star in Netflix's Desperados
Mitchell began making actresses uncomfortable almost as soon as he arrived in Mexico.
He made highly inappropriate remarks to two actresses in the film while lingering close to their quarters.
Netflix did a investigation by phone and the producers were given the green light to terminate him.source