ciara | beauty marks
jamila woods | legacy! legacy!
hœlos | any random kindness
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
ona, tamino, wild side, dionne warwick, jesse saint john, and marc anthony also have new releases this week, but did not have their music available on public platforms with embeds compatible with livejournal at the time of this post.
sources 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50
this week i'm still on tobi, ari lennox, mormor, val young, and pacific breeze: japanese city pop, aor, & boogie: 1976-1986. i'm interested in listening to ciara, jamila woods, hœlos, maps, jóhann jóhannsson, aly & aj, woodkid, leven kali, sg lewis, raheem devaughn, & fantasia.
ontd, what are you listening to this week? feel free to share in the comments.
On this day in 1994, Weezer released their first album. Self-titled Weezer, it eventually became to be known as the Blue Album due to its iconic cover. It was produced by Ric Ocasek and has since sold more than 3 million copies.
The band released three singles off the album: "Undone (The Sweater Song)," "Buddy Holly," and "Say It Ain't So." Spike Jonze directed the videos for the first two singles, and the video for "Buddy Holly" was praised for its blending of nostalgia and technology by inserting the band into an episode of the TV show "Happy Days."
( Collapse )
Source 1 | 2 | 3
Whose sweater do you want to destroy ONTD?
No1 Rosemary Water infuses organic rosemary extract in your regular spring water (£2.45/£3.45 a bottle). Apparently Cavill and Kal discovered this "fantastic" Rosemary Water while filming Netflix's The Witcher.
Source 1 + 2
ONTD, how do you prefer your water, seasoned with superherbs or unseasoned?
- Michelle Yeoh has joined the cast of the upcoming female assassin thriller Gunpowder Milkshake.
- Karen Gillan was announced a couple of months ago, and in recent weeks, they've announced more cast members: Lena Headey, Angela Bassett and Paul Giamatti.
- The film will center on a mother-daughter assassin duo played by Gillan and Headey.
- It begins production in Berlin on June 3rd.
WB's latest 'Detective Pikachu', with Ryan Reynolds voicing the title character, started off this weekend's box office with $5.7M on Thursday, and is expected to make around $50M-$55M (on a $150 million budget). 'Avengers Endgame' is still expected to top the box office, for a third week, with an estimated $80M-$85M. It's a matter of days to see if it will overcome 'Avatar' is the top grossing movie of all time.
Also out is the critically-trashed comedy 'The Hustle' starring Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson, which made $774,000 on Thursday, and expected to make around $12M (on a $18 Million budget).
The final major release is another critically-trashed film, this time led by Diane Keaton, 'Poms'. That made $225,000 on Thursday and is expected to bring in around $7M-$10M.
I talked about being molested because, as a Black man, many men have hidden that. Many people have hidden that. And you carry that weight with you. But at some point, you’ve got to let it go. https://t.co/DRvuPBcJIp— COMMON (@common) May 8, 2019
I hope being open about my childhood trauma can give others the strength to do the same and help them on their healing journeys. We all have experienced pain and suffering. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.— COMMON (@common) May 8, 2019
Rapper Common recently opened up about his childhood trauma in his memoir 'Let Love Have the Last Word'.
For Thursday, May 9, 2019:
- IT Chapter Two - Official Teaser Trailer
- in fragile masculinity news: there is now a makeup brand specifically for men called "War Paint"
- James Cameron Congratulates Marvel On Surpassing Titanic's Box Office Record
- YouTube Drama! Gaming YouTuber ProJared Cheats On Wife, Also Solicits Nudes From Fans
- Marvel extends their gay popullation to three: Existing Avenger will come out!
- How Satisfying Is The Ending Of Game Of Thrones Going To Be?
- Yesterday's Roundup
Spoilers need to be under a cut, gdi. Or go to the GOT post where you can roam free.
POLO Ralph Lauren partners with non-profit Work to Ride in West Philadelphia. This program has been running for 25yr and designed to bring equestrian and polo to underprivileged communities.
Some of the Work to Ride participants are used in the video.
You can't have baby dragons, but you can have a baby named after the Mother of Dragons.https://t.co/7fcx7J3PXJ— CNET News (@CNETNews) May 10, 2019
- The list of top baby names for 2018, as logged by the US Social Security Administration, is out now, and shows a rise in Game of Thrones and Star Wars inspired names.
- From Game of Thrones, Khaleesi rose from #631 in 2017 to #549, and Yara jumped from #986 to #672. Arya (spelled the GoT way) was #119, with variations of that spelling being popular as well, and Jon (spelled without the "h") was at #754. Other characters like Brienne, Tyrion and Cersei didn't crack the top 1000 names.
- From Star Wars, Kylo jumped from #1152 in 2017 to #856 in 2018.
- The top two names overall? #1 for girls is Emma, while #1 for boys is Liam. Check out the popularity of your name at the official website.
A more detailed breakdown of Game of Thrones related name distribution, from a data editor at NBC News.
The # of U.S. children born in 2018 who have Game of Thrones character names, per new @SocialSecurity data:— Joe Murphy (@joemurph) May 10, 2019
Source 1 2
Do you like baby names inspired by pop culture? Any GoT-related spoilers should go under cuts.
—Rihanna will become the first woman to create an original brand at LVMH— The New York Times (@nytimes) May 10, 2019
—Rihanna will be the first woman of color at the top of an LVMH maison
—Rihanna’s line will be the first new house created by LVMH since Christian Lacroix in 1987https://t.co/AhH2s49sl0
retired pop icon and gamer of feelings,rihanna's deal with lvmh (multinational luxury goods conglomerate, lvmh moët hennessy louis vuitton se, the parent company for pretty much every luxe brand not owned by kering) has been confirmed.
- rihanna will become the first woman to create an original brand at lvmh, the first woman of color at the top of an lvmh maison, and her line will be the first new house created by the group since christian lacroix in 1987. fenty joins such storied heritage brands as dior, givenchy, celine and fendi and positions rihanna as a breakthrough designer on a number of levels.
- "the move is a formal acknowledgment from the establishment that a multi-hyphenate pop star/actress/image-maker now has as much global currency, name-recognition and (yes) influence as designers like hedi slimane and nicolas ghesquière. that there is no need to limit them to the street or sportswear world. and that growth in the luxury industry may no longer come just from reinventing old heritage names, but by embracing a new diverse, digital, direct communication-enabled reality."
sources 1 | 2 | 3
i like the logo and logomark, but what i'd love is a new album and for robyn to stop playing games with my feelings.
- After posting about her betrayal weeks ago, Tati Westbrook has taken to her YouTube channel to address the James Charles situation.
- While she addresses the incident that set this off, the real juicy stuff is Tati confirms James Charles is a predator and she has witnessed his predatory behavior first hand.
- Tati speaks about a time in Seattle at her birthday party when James bragged about trying to trick a straight man into thinking he was gay and when he shoved James off, James started acting like a victim.
- Tati says she was shocked and immediately told James he needs to seek help because someones sexuality is their own and for he to try and manipulate it or exploit any crack, can follow and damage a person for the rest of their life.
- She also tells a story about a time when she met James' parents and how James got into a verbal fight with his dad because James says every man is "a little bit gay" and how he knows this. Tati says she was moritfied.
- Tati helped James renegotiate a better deal with Morphe, they wanted to give him a shitty deal and she used her good relationship with the brand to help him out and it instantly made him a millionaire.
- James lost his manager after his ebola scandal and no one wanted to work with him. Tati and her husband, who worked in Hollywood, used their contacts to find him a new manager.
Woof! She really exposed the fuck out of him.
It has been reported that Rooker is in talks for the role of King Shark in James Gunn's Suicide Squad film. The two have a long-standing professional relationship, with Rooker having appeared in every feature film Gunn has directed so far, including Yondu in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy series.
In the comics, King Shark is a humanoid shark who started out as a Superboy villain before joining the Suicide Squad and the Secret Six. The character previously made his live-action debut in the Flash series on the CW and was originally going to be in the first Suicide Squad movie before being replaced with Killer Croc because he would have required too much CGI.
On Wednesday night, Cardi B celebrated the recent release of her new Fashion Nova clothing line by performing at Fashion Nova’s Party With Cardi event at The Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles. The Bronx native surprised everyone by bringing out Lil Nas X to perform his no. 1 hit “Old Town Road.”
“It’s muthafuckin’ hard to get a No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100,” said Cardi right before bringing out Lil Nas X. “That shit is hard as fuck! So every single time I see somebody getting that spot I be like ‘Damn I'm proud of you bitch. I’m proud of you.’ When I got my first No. 1, I cried like a muthafucka. So I wanna say that I’m so proud of this young guy who's about to come up and fuck up the stage because his No. 1 is still No. 1 after they tried to deny his muthafuckin’ entry.”
Needless to say, the Barbz aren’t exactly thrilled. But I digress...
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 | 2
- Ciara recently released her latest album, "Beauty Marks," and also shared the music video for her song with the same title.
- Shares intimate moments such as her wedding day with her husband, Russell Wilson, and when she and her husband had their daughter, Sienna.
- This isn't the first time she's been personal. She also shared footage of when she was expecting her son, Future Jr. (watch here).
- Try not to cry at how adorable this is! Just in time for Mother's Day.
Source 1, 2
Wishing you all and your loved ones a Happy Mother's Day!
ABC has renewed The Rookie, Single Parents, and Bless This Mess for season two, Fresh Off the Boat for season six, and American Housewife for season four.
The Scarlet email hack brings up memories of the trio’s first meeting four years ago, reminding them that together they can overcome anything.
View this post on Instagram
KYLIE F*CKING SKIN! wow. skincare and makeup go hand in hand and Kylie Skin was something i dreamt up soon after Kylie Cosmetics. I’ve been working on this for what feels like a lifetime so i can’t believe I’m finally announcing! building my makeup line from the ground up has taught me a lot and I’m so blessed with that knowledge to apply to my brand new company! Birthing a whole new team, manufacturing, fulfillment etc separate from my cosmetics line was challenging but here we are! I got the best of the best for you guys! Everything is cruelty free, vegan, gluten free, paraben and sulfate free and suitable for all skintypes. Make sure you follow @kylieskin to stay updated. I’ll be revealing these amazing products very soon! the official launch date is 5/22! Yay!! so much love went into this. it all starts with skin. Stay tuned 💕 can’t wait to share. #KylieSkin KylieSkin.com
Self-made billionaire Kylie Jenner is launching a new skincare line, Kylie Skin, following the success of her Kylie Cosmetics makeup line. The first products will launch 5/22, and everything will be "cruelty free, vegan, gluten free, paraben and sulfate free, and suitable for all skin types."
ok not gonna be buying her overpriced crap but i've recently started to get really into skincare so skincare post!!!
Let's start off with Kit Harington, who desribes season 8
( Collapse )
Joe cannot be contained rn
ABC renews Fresh Off the Boat for season 6 https://t.co/ESJ44U0od8— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) May 10, 2019
TV Upfronts are next week and that means this week networks are renewing and cancelling shows left and right. Among those, ABC has renewed hit sitcom Fresh Off the Boat for a sixth season. One would think the stars of the show would be thrilled to be renewed but Constance Wu, inarguably the star of the show, took to Twitter to express anger over the announcement?
So upset right now that I’m literally crying. Ugh. Fuck— Constance Wu (@ConstanceWu) May 10, 2019
Fucking hell.— Constance Wu (@ConstanceWu) May 10, 2019
No it’s not— Constance Wu (@ConstanceWu) May 10, 2019
( Collapse )
I wonder what the story is here....
Source 2 3 4
A follow up to this and this post from earlier today.
James Charles has uploaded a new video responding to Tati Westbrook.
Charles apologizes to Tati and her husband James and thanks them both for everything that they have done for him.
Says Tati took on a “parental role” for him knowing that his parents were across the country.
Still maintains that he is not lying about the security provided for him at Coachella by SugarBear Vitamins and that he won’t address it for a third time.
Says that he betrayed two people that have been very loyal to him and that he wishes he “could take it back.”
About manipulating straight guys and his predatory ways: He says he wishes that he had never shared any details in regards to that on social media. He refers to it as “strange and unique situations that have left people confused and upset.”
Says he’s learned the hard way with “ways of interacting with boys” that he’s trusted and ones that he shouldn’t be talking to.
Acknowledged that Tati did sit him down to talk some sense into him about it and explained how “it looked from the outside” and told him that “talking to these boys might get you into trouble someday.”
Asks his own mother not to defend him in the comments or on social media. Adds that this is a problem he got himself into and it’s his job to deal with.
Ends by saying that in the past he has pulled out receipts and screenshots to “play the victim” but says “not today” and “I’m not.”
His tears throughout the video are dry as hell.
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The full campaign featuring Ariana will be revealed in July.
Ariana adds a touch of herself by sporting her famous ponytail paired with the little black dress Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's in the teaser.
Nothing screams fashion like the girl who wears oversized hoodies and thigh boots
Michelle Williams attended the Kentucky Derby with ex-fiancé Chad Johnson. It has been five months since they called off their engagement.
Although it’s unclear whether Williams and Johnson are engaged again, a source told Page Six that they are back together again.
“They are trying to work on things," the source adds.
( Collapse )
Barris and Jones will both star in and exec produce the series.
The comedy looks to pull back the curtain and reboot the family sitcom
An episode count and premiere date have not yet been determined.
Winter 1968 and showbiz legend Judy Garland arrives in London to perform a five-week sold-out run at The Talk of the Town. As she prepares for the show, battles with management, charms musicians and reminisces with friends and adoring fans, her wit and warmth shine through. Featuring some of her best-known songs, the film celebrates the voice, the capacity for love, and the sheer pizzazz of the world’s greatest entertainer.
Starring Renée Zellweger, Rufus Sewell, Bella Ramsey, and Michael Gambon, the film opens on September 27, 2019.
Are you a friend of Dorothy, ONTD?
Based on the runaway bestseller, Where’d You Go, Bernadette is an inspiring comedy about Bernadette Fox, a loving mom who becomes compelled to reconnect with her creative passions after years of sacrificing herself for her family. Bernadette’s leap of faith takes her on an epic adventure that jump-starts her life and leads to her triumphant rediscovery.
Starring Cate Blanchett, Billy Crudup, Kristen Wiig, Emma Nelson, James Urbaniak, Judy Greer, Troian Bellisario, Zoe Chao and Laurence Fishburne, the film opens on August 16, 2019.
James Gunn is currently casting another ‘The Suicide Squad’ role, in the form of Elba’s character’s daughter.
The codename for the character is “Drew,”
She will be a teenage thief who has minimal contact with her father, who is in prison.
She will also be a killer in the film.
The possibilities of who Elba could be playing :
He had a daughter, Artemis, who later broke him out of prison.
If Elba is indeed Sportsmaster, the character is likely an amalgamation of Crock and Gover.
He has a daughter named Rose Wilson in the comics.
Rose has a shaky relationship with her father,
BOOM! #GreysAnatomy gets a big two-season renewal as showrunner @KristaVernoff adds oversight of #Station19, which is returning for S3; #HTGAWM also renewed for S6: https://t.co/4eArbtoBfj Plus details on Vernoff’s big new role at Shondaland: https://t.co/fSPMISVXR8 pic.twitter.com/7RggQqtwut— Lesley Goldberg (@Snoodit) May 10, 2019
Grey's Anatomy renewed for 2 seasons: 16th and 17th.
HTGAWM announced for season 6, not announced as final season (yet).
Grey's spinoff Station 19 renewed for 3rd season.
[more greys news]
A famous French actress, after learning she has only months to live, gathers her family for one last holiday in Sintra, Portugal.
Starring Isabelle Huppert, Brendan Gleeson, Marisa Tomei, Jérémie Renier, Pascal Greggory, Ariyon Bakare, Vinette Robinson and Greg Kinnear, the film will premiere in competition at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival.
( Collapse )
Source : me and her account
Mods I hope this is better .
Secrets always surface. Big Little Lies returns June 9 on HBO.
Next week, it's the SVU finale! Which means I won't have to waste time trying to watch an episode every (other) week! Titus Welliver returns, and his beard is magnificent, and this is also the last episode of Stone as the ADA (good riddance!), and yet neither of those things is enough to get me to watch. Let's just wait for September.
ONTD, first of all, I apologize for not replying to your comments to last week's post, but I am just about 99.999999% done with this season of SVU so I just... couldn't :/ Also, I didn't watch last night's episode either, but apparently it was ripped from the headlines, and it had Ilhan Omar (or an actively antisemitic version of her) "faking" elements of a sexual assault a la Jussie Smollett, but with a homophobic twist? Like... Keep it. At this point, I'm just counting the days until Warren Leight returns. Lastly, I still love you, I just don't love SVU, so sometimes it's hard to even muster up the energy to actively participate in these posts, even though I read all your comments! Thank you for being here ❤️
- Pua Magasiva, who portrayed the Red Wind Ranger, Shane Clarke in 'Power Rangers Ninja Storm', has been found dead in Wellington.
- No word yet on the cause of death. He was 38.
- He was the first and only Samoan actor to play a Power Ranger in 2003 and returned for a cameo in 2004.
- Sadly, he's the third Power Rangers actor we've lost after Thuy Trang (Trini in 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers') and Petta Rutter (Udoma in 'Power Rangers Mystic Force').