Brie Larson pulled a Mark Ruffalo this morning and tweeted the new cover for Empire.
The cover features Jude Law as Kree Starforce soldier [Spoiler (click to open)] Mar-Vell? Yon Rogg? and Ben Mendolsohn as Skrull Talos. The article inside from the on-set visit hasn't been released online yet.
Two more exclusive pics and a preview of the article here!
SOURCE 1 2
- After so many directors have left the project, Potato Tatum has decided to direct 'X-men Origins: Gambit'.
- The film has been stuck in development hell since 2013, the year Tatum signed on.
- Nobody has told him the project is dead since Disney owns the X-men now.
ONTD, who do you wanna see as Gambit? Nick Bateman? y/y?
- Pikachu farts!
- New scenes featuring Snubbull and Mr. Mime trying to run...?
- Trailer's 'In a world...' voice at the end!!!
U GUYS, I'M PUMPED!!1 I NEED THIS.
- New merch has been released and as always, it confirms some leaks.
( Collapse )
This episode was truly one for the books! Home wrecker Michael decides to agitate his wife and her fluctuating blaccent in order to get away from her to sneak off and see his girlfriend, Megan. He does this right after ring shopping with his wife. He then drives off to Niagara Falls where Megan foolishly waits for him. Tracie showed up five hours late to her own wedding where the venue looked like it was King of Diamonds for the AARP set and Clint had some great vows until he uttered "my goddess". Then after Tracie and Clint check in to their honeymoon suite, Tracie runs off with her new husband's phone and car in need of ummm... crack apparently. Matt and Caitlin are freeloading off Matt's mother and Matt doesn't want to look for a job. Caitlin wants to do a date night like a real couple and must give some etiquette lessons to her new beau so food doesn't fly out of his tooth hole. Matt pretends to pull a dine n' dash with Caitlin which she vehemently opposes. Matt also claims that he truly feels superior and that he loves everything that comes before jail. Oh yeah, Misogylino and Brittany talk about his hesitation of meeting her son.
This episode has been brought to you by my lack of dignity and procrastination.
-Despite the fact that South Korea became a liberal democracy in the late 80's, its dictatorship like worth ethic remains.
-Kpop is born on visual media, as opposed to western pop which was born on radio stations.
-Kpop is largely monopolized, with SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment taking most of the cake.
-"slave contracts" allow for those same companies to keep 90% of the profits, with the remaining 10% divided amongst the group.
-Before you make money you have to pay for your living expenses as a trainee. Only one out of a thousand trainees will actually make it.
s o u r c e
Mods, 'tis an old video but it remains extremely relevant to our present interests. Please accept! and ONTD, please watch the whole thing!
For Sunday, January 20, 2019
Cardi B to Tomato Laurel: I will dog walk you
Weekend Box office: Glass is #1
Jerry Media faces backlash for their complicity in Fyre and asking their followers to donate money
Leslie Jones is not happy that Ghostbusters reboot cast left out of OG revival
Azealia Banks and Grimes body shame each other via text
Teams Set for the 2019 Super Bowl
10 Horror Movies to Watch and where to stream them
Some Financial Scheming Docs You Can Stream Now
- Instead of buying a Super Bowl ad, Skittles is putting on a 30-minute musical on Super Bowl Sunday that takes a "self-reflective look at consumerism and the ever-increasing pervasiveness of brand advertising" at The Town Hall. The musical will benefit Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
- Michael C. Hall appeared in a commercial to announce the show:
- "Michael, nobody here is judging you. We just think you make terrible career decisions."
SOURCES: 1 & 2
this is way better than giving the nfl money tbh
- Oscar nominations are less than a day away, so all the pundits are giving their latest and greatest guesses as to who will hear their name called (way too early) tomorrow morning.
- Variety has chimed in with their guesses for all 24 categories, which you can see at the source. They expect ten nominations for A Star is Born and Roma, eight for The Favourite, and seven a piece for Vice and First Man.
- They foresee eight Best Picture nominees: BlacKkKlansman, Black Panther, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Favourite, Green Book, Roma, A Star is Born and Vice.
- Their choices are largely devoid of surprises, but they do predict that Yalitza Aparicio will be nominated in the Best Actress category for Roma, and that Peter Farrelly will not get a Best Director nomination for Green Book.
What say you, ONTD? Do you agree that these will be the nominees, or do you see any surprises coming?
We have two songs revealed and they come from Albania
Other than that, we already know a few candidates, but not their entries. Here they are:
( Collapse )
Also, a few national finals have started (or at least its songs are known). You can hear them here:
( Collapse )
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3, 4,5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Move over hipsters with your vinyl albums, cassette tapes are making a comeback! Erm, well, kind of...not exactly. Anyways, Nielsen Music reported that cassette album sales were up 23% with 219,000 copies sold in 2018 compared to 178,000 in 2017 in the US. Compare those numbers to the 50,000 sold in 2014. And if you really want to take it back even further, just to see how much has changed, 246 million cassette albums were sold in 1994.
Billboard acknowledges this isn’t anything major, especially compared to other forms of physical album sales and streaming, but that it is impressive for a “once-dead” format. Why the sudden rise in sales? Billboard attributes this to Living Legend™ Britney Spears, who re-released her debut album ...Baby One More Time on cassette tape late last year exclusively at Target.
In other news, Funko is also releasing a Funko Pop of Britney’s iconic VMA performance for “I’m a Slave 4 U.” Snake included. See it behind the cut.
( Collapse )
ONTD, what was your first cassette tape?
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3
- Pop-Tarts cereal made ha debut in 1994 and lasted only a year, but no one is for sure why it was discontinued [maybe sugar levels?]
- Well 25 years later starting last week, they're back and sold @ renowned ethical company Walmart. It comes in its two original flavors: frosted strawberry and brown-sugar cinnamon
- Kelloggs and other cereal companies have been taking advantage of the millennial nostalgia wave, bringing back the classic fruit-shaped Trix and Oreo O's in recent years
I lowkey wanna try this tbh
Pop-Tarts or Toaster Strudel?
I was eating Raisin Bran growing up
|sources: 1 2|
‘Trial and Error’ canceled after two seasons at NBC https://t.co/yDuNDxSV5A— MSN Entertainment (@MSN_Entertain) January 19, 2019
- After NBC did not exercise its option to renew the show for a third season, the studio, Warner Bros. TV, had been trying to find it a new network home, but that search has come up short.
- No word on whether or not WBTV tried to take the show to a streaming service (where it would have been better served, imo).
Not surprised, but still definitely sad.
I’m running for President of the United States. Here’s why:https://t.co/nH1nPFZlf0— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) January 21, 2019
Yeah yeah yeah democracy being restored is amazing but the biggest benefit to having Kamala Harris as president would be finally figuring out how to fix the phrase “women and people of color” to include the acknowledgement that black women are both of these things— Robin Thede (@robinthede) January 21, 2019
Please research Kamala Harris first. I understand we have to support our own but this woman has spent her life destroying her own. She has NOT been for us. We don’t need to split the vote right now.— K. Michelle (@kmichelle) January 21, 2019
( Collapse )
Source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hours before the Oscar nominations will be announced on Tuesday morning at 5:20am PST/8:20am EST/etc, the Razzie nominations are out - which of course dishonor the worst movies and performances of the year. I think they're generally given out the same weekend as the Oscars? Let's take a look.
The Happytime Murders
Holmes & Watson
( Collapse )
“My life was changed forever, and my credit was ruined by Fyre Fest,” wrote Maryann Rolle on her GoFundMe page, a Bahamian cook who lost her entire life savings and was owed thousands from the organizers of the Fyre Festival. I’m happy to report that the GoFundMe page going around is in fact her’s and as of this posting has surpassed its goal with $141,621 of the $123,000 goal. So if you donated like myself, rest easy.
It’s unfortunate it took nearly 2 years, and that it was only after the documentary was released for Maryann to get justice. After serious backlash, Elliot Tebele, the disgraced owner of FuckJerry and Jerry Media who helped produce the Netflix documentary, donated another $20,000 on top of the $10,000 he first donated.
“I gave every dollar my agency earned from the Fyre Festival back to the go fund me. Others should do the same,” writes a woke Tebele after getting dragged on his Instagram account. “They paid us $30k total (so I paid $10k in the beginning of the gofundme and just added another $20k a few minutes ago). They owed us $185k for all the work we did, but only paid for month one.” Nice save bro, congratulations on doing the bare minimum.
Chris Smith, the director of Netflix’s Fyre documentary, told BuzzFeed News that there are plans for a new GoFundMe for Bahamian workers who still haven’t been paid. How about you guys donate that Netflix money paid for the documentary instead instead of once again asking the public to do it for you, Chris? Elliot?
Ja Rule has also taken to Instagram to apologize to Maryann. “My heart goes out to this lovely lady... MaryAnne Rolle we’ve never met but I’m devastated that something that was meant to be amazing, turn out to be such a disaster and hurt so many ppl... SORRY to anyone who has been negatively effected by the festival... Rule.”
( Collapse )
It’s the bare minimum by literally everyone involved...but better than nothing?
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Brandon Truaxe, the outspoken and troubled founder of Deciem and creator of skincare brand The Ordinary, has died, an executive at the company confirmed. https://t.co/e5bYGGwTKB— Vox (@voxdotcom) January 21, 2019
people seem to have mixed emotions, the man was unwell, but he was a racist/anti semite. why do people suddenly let that pass?
- Stephan James appeared on Jimmy Kimmel last week to talk If Beale Street Could Talk and Homecoming.
- James has been living out of a suitcase between Toronto and LA, but has no interest in becoming a US citizen. He invites us all to come to Toronto, where he's from.
- He took his mom to the Golden Globes, where she met Hugh Grant and became Snapchat friends with him.
- Like every good Canadian celebrity, he appeared on Degrassi (in the post-Drake era).
Source 1 2 3 4
Go see If Beale Street Could Talk!
-Our frugal boho queen of the 2000s recently wore her Burberry mini from the 2006 Anglomania Met Gala
-She was attending a Christmas get-together with Noel Gallagher (Why is this only being reported now?)
-Both looks can be seen at the source
ONTD, do you still wear clothes from the 2000s?
Another banger, tbh!
friday 🌪🌫 https://t.co/ds58eC1zYU— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) January 21, 2019
Ariana Grande took to Twitter to chat with fans and confirmed that starting on Friday, January 25th you can start pre-ordering her upcoming fifth studio album, thank you, next. She also plans to unveil the official album cover and tracklist. Fans are speculating a Friday, February 8th release date or a release around Valentine’s Day. There will be no collaborations and rumors are floating around that Grande sampled *NSYNC’s No Strings Attached album track, “It Makes Me Ill.” The song was produced by Max Martin and is titled “Break Up With Your Girlfriend.” Pharrell is also rumored to have produced a few songs on the new album.
( Collapse )
ONTD, will you be streaming her upcoming album or nah?
Sources: 1 | 2
Brad Bird talks "The Incredibles 2" and John Lasseter's redemption https://t.co/pvmQAF4yjR— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) January 20, 2019
I'm sure you all remember the disgraced former Disney and Pixar head John Lasseter who recently in the WTF move was hired by Skydance Animation, a move that was met with criticism and outrage. Well, his best buddy Bird Box (director of such films as The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) spoke to The Daily Beast about his career, upcoming projects, pos Lasseter and how he really feels about the #MeToo movement.
What the FUCK, Brad Bird. pic.twitter.com/yXeP3SnqTt— Amanda Wong (@amandawtwong) January 21, 2019
The entire thing basically boils down to him defending Lasseter, because of their work history and how he wouldn't have made some of the movies he's made if it hadn't been for John. He wants people to forget about their own abuse and move on, because that's not what's important. HE JUST WANTS TO MAKE MOVIES AND FOR PEOPLE TO FOCUS ON THAT!!!
I would say who is upset with who in the vid, but I can't tell any of these blondes apart.
Dates include exercise, pirates, and amusement park...thrilling.
• Spotify is currently testing out the feature in its latest iOS update.
• The feature lets you block an artist entirely so that none of their songs play from a library, a playlist, chart list, or even Spotify’s radio station.
• Last year Spotify was pressured to remove songs from “controversial” artists (read: total scumbags) like R. Kelly and xxxtentacion on their service. They never did, so this new feature seems designed for users to make their own choices on which artist they don’t want to support.
place your bets on who will be the most blocked artist on Spotify by the end of the year ontd!
Doritos is promoting their new 'Flamin Hot Nacho' flavor with 90's band the Backstreet Boys and Chance the Rapper - a unconventional combo. A denim filled teaser was released a few days ago, and the official ad will appear during one of the most viewed televised programs: the Super Bowl (Feb. 3rd 2019).
The two acts have been scathing by from certain remarks, including a fellow band member being accused of sexual assault, another one willing to perform for Tr*mp, and Chance the Rapper being... honest.
Do you think they will beef up a possible halftime show slot one year and nostalgia will work its magic?
DAVID RAMSEY DIRECTS HIS FIRST EPISODE OF ARROW — The past comes back to haunt both Oliver and Laurel. Curtis is upset when he discovers that Diggle and Lyla have restarted The Ghost Initiative with Diaz, China White (guest star Kelly Hu), Kane Wolfman (guest star Liam Hall) and Carrie Cutter (guest star Amy Gumenick). David Ramsey directed the episode written by Onalee Hunter Hughes & Tonya Kong (#711). Original airdate 1/28/2019.
thoughts on the MV ontd??
Many have debated the merits of Nic Cage. But many miss the point. In this Wisecrack Edition, we dive in the foundations of modern acting to ask the eternal question: Is Nic Cage Deep or Dumb?
favorite Nicolas Cage film?? // What do you think of Nicolas acting??
- The Steven Universe 5th season ended with an hour-long special, and allegedly a movie is coming in the fall, as well as a 6th season.
- There were moments, but for a VERY brief recap (and I recommend to watch it and not be spoiled if you've kept up with the show):
[Spoiler (click to open)]- As for the MAIN premise of the episode: Steven is eventually able to speak to White Diamond and convince her to fix the corrupted gems... that's it lol. Maybe they talked about not conquering worlds anymore?
- Steven had an out of body experience when his gem was momentarily removed by White. They realized that Pink was not present and that Steven was his own person.
- Steven got to fuse with Pearl and Garnet, and the whole gang formed Obsidian (the coolest part of the show and something I've always wanted to see omg).
- Everyone is back on earth. Peace, love, all that good stuff.
Jake talks about how Stephen hurt his feelings by saying his sister was his favorite Gyllenhaal. He talks about the difference between Indie Films and Marvel Movies. He talks about Stephen's dick.
Do you prefer indie films or marvel movies?