They decided to he nice to the nominees this year.
They made fun of Lady Gaga with THERE CAN BE 100 PEOPLE IN A ROOM JOKE.
They called out Aloha and Ghost in the Shell, and Emma Stone apologised.
Did you like the monologue? Favorite moment of the night?
- Actor Christian Keyes, recently known for playing Constantine's new lover in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, has posted a video telling gay people to chill it with the sexy and 🍆 comments.
- He is another case of a straight actor playing a gay role.
- He recently joined the show as Desmond, Constantine's lost lover turned demon.
ONTD, are you a straight person afraid of gay people?
- Netflix, Movistar+ & TV3 have greenlighted 'Merlí: Sapere Aude' (which translates to Merlí: Dare to be Wise) a spinoff of the spanish/catalan TV show, following Pol, one of his students and Bruno, his son.
- Merlí run for 3 seasons and ended in 2017, with the death of the main character.
- The show will have 8 episodes of 50min.
- Lead actor Carlos Cuevas confirmed it on his insta.
ONTD, are you excited for more Bruno and Pol? They better keep this putas together.
Welp, here we are ladies and gentlemen, we've made it halfway through the season finale of 90 Day Fiancé and I'm spent. Where to begin? Colteee and Larissa were hella late and they still looked bad. Leida wears very, very questionable contacts and possibly (by that, I mean definitely) fake Louboutins. Jonathan and his child bride wear real Louboutins while she mocks Larissa's pronunciation. Jay seems to think Tinder is just for finding friends and Ashley is irritated the whole two hours. Olga and Richie visit via internet connection and are adorable, but Steven remains a little a-hole who still doesn't know what a social security number is. Eric still looks like a deadbeat dad. Kalani and Asuelu look like they just want to escape this whole charade. Oliver remains a little cutie pie.
This episode has been brought to you by Leida's favorite high-end shop: the Coach outlet.
- Brian Tyree Henry appeared on Jimmy Kimmel last night to talk about his roles in If Beale Street Could Talk and Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.
- BTH's shirt features Bob Ross & some happy little trees.
- He's disappointed he didn't have any scenes with Regina King in Beale Street. Jimmy mentions an article that ran in the NYT where both of their critics say that he should get an Oscar nomination for his role in Beale Street, which is small but memorable.
- He's an uncle, and went to see Spider-Man with a big group of his family members, many of whom missed one of his big scenes going to get concessions.
- Wanted to be a part of his high school's excellent marching band, who were known as the "Magnificent Marching Machine", and since he wasn't good at playing an instrument, he was an H.H. (horn-holder) in the baritone section.
- Was also the mascot at school football games.
He's incredibly talented, and in two of the best movies of the year - go see them!!
Kimmel said it was “unfortunate that these people, these workers who have nothing to do with this ridiculous wall, aren’t getting paychecks, especially right after the holidays.”
So, Kimmel vowed to put a federal employee to work on every episode of his show until the shutdown ends. Jimmmy welcomed John Kostelnik, a prison guard at the Federal Correctional Complex in Victorville, California, as the newest member of his house band.
Check out the Honest Trailer for the second of the only three good movies M Night Shymalan ever made - UNBREAKABLE.
Lin-Manuel Miranda is already a composer, a lyricist, an actor and an author. Now he's going to be a bookseller. https://t.co/LmBOvDbmRg— New York Times Books (@nytimesbooks) January 8, 2019
- The Drama Book Shop is a century-old shop that sells scripts, sheet music and other "stage-related reading material". It's being priced out of its home in the theater district of Manhattan due to rising rent costs.
- NYC mayor’s media and entertainment commissioner, Julie Menin, says: “The store is a gem and a cultural institution in New York, and we want to make sure it’s saved." The city is working with the shop's new owners, which includes Lin-Manuel Miranda, to find affordable location in Manhattan.
- In addition to Miranda, the new owners are: Thomas Kail (Hamilton director); Jeffrey Seller (the lead producer of Hamilton); and James L. Nederlander (he is the president of Nederlander Organization, which operates the theater where Hamilton is running).
- They purchased the store from Rozanne Seelen: "Ms. Seelen said she sold it for the cost of the remaining inventory, some rent support in the store’s final weeks, and a pledge to retain her as a consultant." She also called Lin-Manuel and Tommy her "white knights" for stepping in to save the shop.
- On the bookshop's importance to him: “When I was in high school I would go to the old location and sit on the floor and read plays — I didn’t have the money to buy them. After college Tommy Kail and I met in the Drama Book Shop basement, and I wrote a good deal of ‘In the Heights’ there.”
- It's not the first time he's stepped in - in 2016, after a pipe burst, he encouraged his fans to patronize the shop:
- The Drama Book Shop's lease is up this month; the current location will be closing Jan 20th. It will open in its new (but as of right now, unknown) location sometime this fall.
SOURCES 1 2
Would you own a bookshop, ONTD? If so, what kind?
YouTuber Anna Brisbin shared over her Twitter a clip of her adorable doggo Remus performing tricks to Harry Potter spells. She captioned it, “oh, you trained your dog in German? coolcoolcool. i trained my dog in Harry Potter spells.” She then uploaded the full video to her YouTube channel with a cameo from her evil cat who hisses and claws her dog at the end. Bad kitty, no catnip for you!
( Collapse )
This post is dedicated to my parents dog Pepper 🐶 and my rabbit Riley (RIP) 🐰 who were BFFs.
ONTD, does your pet and companion know any tricks?
Sources: 1 | 2
Psychic Nikki is a ~psychic to the stars~ and makes many predictions every year. Some of true, most do not, but here are some of them that she says will be in store for 2019!
1. George and Amal Clooney will split
2. Sexual allegations against a gameshow host
3. A comedian will win an Oscar for a dramatic role
4. Sex scandal around Heidi Klum
5. One of the Kardashians will charge someone with aggravated assault
6. Lady Gaga will play a queen in a movie
7. James Woods robbing a bank
8. Johnny Depp overdose and rehab
9. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas will have a baby
10. James Corden will open up karaoke bars across the US
11. A Bieber baby for Justin and Hailey Bieber
12. A Hollywood hunk will have a breakdown and serve jail time
13. Kim Kardashian and Kayne West will split
14. OJ Simpson in more trouble, back in jail and has to watch health
15. A Hollywood couple will overdose
16. Ben Affleck has to watch his drinking habit and well-being
17. Harrison Ford has to watch his health and well-being; another airplane accident
18. Jay-Z and Beyonce will split
19. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will have another baby - pregnancy soon after first
20. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will have a residence in another country
( Collapse )
View them all at the Source
ONTD, how's your first week of the year going?
The most infamous being from this author Anakana Schofield who sparked the debate and then went on to write a Guardian article that missed the point.
Thank you all for your incredible response to my uprising against Konmari The notion that books should spark joy is a LUDICROUS one. I have said it a hundred times: Literature does not exist only to comfort and placate us. It should disturb + perturb us. Life is disturbing.— Anakana Schofield (@AnakanaSchofiel) January 4, 2019
( Collapse )
And then there were the takes making fun of some of the outrage.
Author Sam Sykes
I cant believe Marie Kondo said to destroy all books and then broke into peoples’ houses individually and made them eat all their books and then when they tried to protest she said “don’t talk with your mouth full of books, bookmouth” and all the cool kids laughed at them.— Sam Sykes (@SamSykesSwears) January 5, 2019
( Collapse )
And then there were the humble braggers showing off their space
Showrunner of Showtime's Billions humble bragging about his giant bookshelf after having culled some of his collection.
I am trying to Marie Kondo my clothes and so forth. But about the books: pic.twitter.com/qu169fYmHV— Brian Koppelman (@briankoppelman) January 5, 2019
Where are you on the book issue?
How's your decluttering going?
For Monday, January 7, 2018:
- Chrissy Metz calls Allison Brie a B*tch...unknowingly into a mic.
- “You” and romance/emotional abuse
- Lady Gaga under fire for her silence on R. Kelly, gets called out by producer
- French author, 50, says women over 50 are too old to love
- Kevin Hart Apologizes to LGBTQ Community
- The Bachelor: Why are U punishing me edition
- Yesterday's Roundup
2019 ONTD Film Critic Society Awards - Voting Post
Officials in Georgia are investigating the claims made against R. Kelly.
may justice be served!
- Spotify pop queen Billie Eilish will release "When I Was Older" on Wednesday, January 9. The song is inspired by Alfonso Cuarón's "ROMA", released and distributed by Netflix.
what is this timeline?
Dear All Technology,— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) January 7, 2019
Remember the 90’s when you just WORKED??? I don’t need a ‘smart’ feature on my TV, thermostat, lights, music, refrigerator, security cameras, and f-ing car. You’re a major pain in all of our asses. You’re not worth it.
( Collapse )
how do you feel about smart tech on your fridge? planned obsolescence? contacting tech support?
How to Date Men When You Hate Men
From New Yorker and Onion writer and comedian Blythe Roberson, How to Date Men When You Hate Men is a comedy philosophy book aimed at interrogating what it means to date men within the trappings of modern society. Blythe Roberson’s sharp observational humor is met by her open-hearted willingness to revel in the ugliest warts and shimmering highs of choosing to live our lives amongst other humans. She collects her crushes like ill cared-for pets, skewers her own suspect decisions, and assures readers that any date you can mess up, she can top tenfold. And really, was that date even a date in the first place?
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
People love reading predictions for the new year, but does anyone go back and fact check those predictions? Let's see what famous psychics predicted for 2018 and see how their predictions stacked up with reality.
From psychic Paula Roberts:
( Collapse )
Prediction: Harry and Meghan announce pregnancy - a boy - in August.
Reality: True-ish. Harry and Meghan announced Meghan's pregnancy in October. No word on the gender.
What are your predictions for 2019?
OLIVIA COLMAN IS NAUGHTY BACKSTAGE: Find out what #OliviaColman calls a remote control and why, as a married woman, she felt less guilty kissing her female co-stars on #TheFavorite pic.twitter.com/0ViUC1Rhnj— AP Entertainment (@APEntertainment) January 7, 2019
After winning Best Actres in a Comedy or Musical at the Golden Globes, Olivia Colman continued to answer questions backstage. One journalist recalled how Colman had previously said that she hated doing love scenes so the journalist wanted to know why The Favourite was different for her.
"Love scenes with women are much easier. Cause, well, in my head I wasn't being unfaithful to my husband. So it felt [chuckles]. Kissing a man just feels awful because then you feel like you're being very naughty. Kissing women is much more fun [giggles]...That sounds just as naughty!"
IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE: Beyoncé went shopping at a Target in Los Angeles.
The zillionaire was wearing a sparkly peach jumpsuit and sunglasses inside the store. She apparently had bodyguards with her and someone was pushing her cart for her. No word on whether she went in for only one thing and ended up buying several things that she didn't need.
Where do you shop? Do you shop at Target? Where would you shop & what would you buy if you were as rich as Beyonce?
Directors Guild Nominees Include Bradley Cooper, Alfonso Cuaron https://t.co/HLmlSbRUGo— Variety (@Variety) January 8, 2019
The Directors Guild of America just announced their top five nominees for film (to awarded on February 2), and almost always do they reflect those nominated for best director at the Oscars. They are:
-- BRADLEY COOPER - A Star is Born
-- ALFONSO CUARÓN - Roma
-- PETER FARRELLY - Green Book
-- SPIKE LEE - BlacKkKlansman
-- ADAM MCKAY - Vice
( Collapse )
.@SenKamalaHarris says Americans are "absolutely" ready for a woman of color president and are looking for understanding and "commonality" in their leaders, "more than first looking to determine if a leader is the gender or race that we prefer." https://t.co/AXLgEkeThz pic.twitter.com/dYmJL3C2f0— The View (@TheView) January 8, 2019
"I think that she is challenging the status quo, I think that's fantastic."@SenKamalaHarris shares her thoughts on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: “When we are able to defend the status quo, then do it. And if there's not merit to that, then let's explore new ideas.” pic.twitter.com/gstnlLZAuO— The View (@TheView) January 8, 2019
- Kamala Harris appeared on The View to promote her second book titled 'The Truths We Hold: An American Journey.' She says she is still thinking about running for president in 2020 but she has to consider the impact it would have on her family (she's running lbr).
- The panel asked if a woman of color could win in 2020 and Harris said that we need to give the American people more credit. She talked about being the first woman District Attorney in San Francisco and the first woman (and first minority) Attorney General in California
- On Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "She is challenging the status quo, I think that's fantastic."
- On Rashida Tlaib: "My candid response is that she is not the first nor will she be the last elected person to curse in public."
( Collapse )
Source: 1 2 3 4
Bill Murray thought it was a good idea to toast the Greenbook cast for their Golden Globes wins by tapping their foreheads with vodka. Mahershala Ali, an observant Muslim, ended up with vodka going into his eyes and his mouth.
Here is what Mahershala had to say about the incident:
“Bill toasted his glass on Viggo’s head, Linda’s head, and then toasts on my head and vodka spills all over my face and is running down into my eyes and in my mouth. And I’m doing the whole interview with an eye closed. “Vodka in the eye…it felt like hot acid rolling down my face.”
Ali had no hard feelings about the incident though because "Hey it's Bill Murray."
ONTD Do you excuse questionable behavior by certain people because of who they are?
Lindsay Lohan continues her promotional tour and sits down with Variety to promote her new MTV reality show, Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club. In the interview she shares her best memory from filming Mean Girls and her desire to get all of the original cast for a sequel, gives advice to young women in the industry, and how to party in Mykonos.
ONTD, would you watch a Mean Girls sequel?
Fans of youtuber Taylor Richard, an ex-model turned vlogger from Canada, discovered that her husband (Tom Lip, commonly referred to as 'Elbow-San' by her fans) owns a company called 'MensClub.' On the surface, this page appears to be a generic Maxim style website for men in Hong Kong. However, it was soon noticed that there was section for girls 'under-18', a feature called 'Schoolgirls that we fxxed', and a mysterious 'private zone.'[Spoiler (click to open)]
Translation of this page, according to one fan:
In the past, Taylor has worked with Mensclub (The archived copy of an interview she did with them, a post from MensClub fb page of an event she did with MC, and a screenshot of a vaguely suggestive photo of her from the same page) so she is fully aware of the business.
MensClub also recently featured an article discussing a 13 year old swimsuit model on their page. The photos are taken from her instagram, but I will let the translation of the text provided by one user speak for itself. [Spoiler (click to open)]
Some fans took to instagram to question her husband, and he became defensive before deleting many of his replies. [Spoiler (click to open)]
Taylor has yet to comment on the subject.
Sources: A B C
Plot details are being kept muzzled, but 'Gunpowder Milkshake' is described as being in the assassin genre with a story that spans multiple generations. The entire cast is envisioned as being all-female, with @karengillan the cornerstone https://t.co/3WhqSv0sqj— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) January 8, 2019
- Karen Gillan (Jumanji, Selfie) is set to star in Gunpowder Milkshake, an action thriller.
- No plot details, but the pic is described as being in the assassin genre, spanning multiple decades with an all-female cast.
- Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado (Big Bad Wolves) are directing, and writing with Ehud Lavski, with Studiocanal and The Picture Company producing.
- The shoot is planned for the spring, after filming for the Jumanji sequel.
Guessing this one won't have dance fighting...
Winners were chosen for this year's Dorian Awards by the GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics, and included 'The Favourite' as best picture, and more. List below.
Film of the Year - THE FAVOURITE
Director of the Year - ALFONSO CUARÓN, ROMA
Film Performance of the Year — Actress - OLIVIA COLMAN, THE FAVOURITE
Film Performance of the Year — Actor - ETHAN HAWKE, FIRST REFORMED
Film Performance of the Year — Supporting Actress - REGINA KING, IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK
Film Performance of the Year — Supporting Actor - RICHARD E. GRANT, CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME?
LGBTQ Film of the Year - CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME?
Foreign Language Film of the Year - ROMA
( Collapse )
When visitors to Joshua Tree National Park weren't shitting on the sides of roads or creating new roads throughout the park, they were busy destroying the famous Joshua trees after which the park is named. As of today, Joshua Tree National Park will be "temporarily" closed in order to protect the park from further harm.
JUST IN: NPS says Joshua Tree National Park will temporarily close Thursday morning "to address sanitation, safety, and resource protection issues" during the gov’t shutdown, including "incidents of new roads being created by motorists and the destruction of Joshua trees." pic.twitter.com/PehewnDoDq— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 8, 2019
In other news, the shutdown continues to be an absolute mess.
More reactions to the current disaster that is American politics under the cut:
#Shutdown negotiations are stalled, so Individual #1 is heading to the border to make his case live on TV, the same week the Mueller investigation got an extension. PEOPLE, I think he’s gonna make a run for it!— Bette Midler (@BetteMidler) January 8, 2019
( Collapse )
SOURCES 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
It's the decade anniversary of Walking On A Dream. To celebrate with our fans, we're releasing a special anniversary vinyl + new music on Feb. 1!!! Details + preorder here: https://t.co/CESAbUC81u #WalkingOnADream pic.twitter.com/1mCwuJTR9C— Empire of the Sun (@EmpireOfTheSun) January 8, 2019
( Collapse )
ONTD what's your favorite song from the album? Also, music post?
( Collapse )
Snippet of the music video
sources 1 2 3 4 5
Chicago rapper CupcakKe posted an alarming tweet on Monday night that she was about to commit suicide. She has now been located, is safe, and in a hospital.
I’ve been fighting with depression for the longest ..sorry that I did it public last night but I’m ok .I went to the hospital & im finally getting the help that I need to get through , be happy , & deliver great music . thanks for all the prayers but please don’t worry bout me— Marilyn MonHOE (@CupcakKe_rapper) January 8, 2019
If you or anyone you know are experiencing thoughts of depression or suicide, do not hesitate to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
Source 1, 2
In a new interview for Variety, Lindsay Lohan reveals that she only ever auditioned for The Parent Trap
Asked by Variety if she still auditions for things, Linds responded:
"I only auditioned for “The Parent Trap.” I would be terrified to audition. I don’t even know what it would be like. I think I would freeze. My agent asked me to read for something, and I was like, “I can’t.” I would panic. It’s such a different experience. I don’t think I could do it. Someone asked me to audition once — it was Oliver Stone for “Savages,” and I met with him and they wanted me to read, and I said, “I’m really, really bad at this, and I’m going to forget everything the second I start, so I might just ad-lib it.” And he was like, “You were great.” And I was like, “OK.” It was such a weird experience."
Asked about her career goals, Lindsay said she wants to work with Martin Scorsese. Work with Spielberg
The rest of the interview at the source
Margot Robbie is allegedly attached to a live-action movie about Mattel's famous Barbie doll. She will apparently play Barbie, though there is no word on the plot.
The movie was supposed to star Amy Schumer and film in June of last year, but Schumer had to drop out, as did Anne Hathaway later. In Schumer's version, Barbie gets kicked out of her perfect world for not being perfect enough.
Mattel is hoping that the movie will spark toy sales again. Barbies have dropped in popularity, and Mattel's stock prices have hit a 10-year low. Last year they expected to make profits of $913 million, and instead had a loss of $418 million.
Would you watch this movie? Would you give your kids Barbies?
The trailer for Amazon's Docu-Series Lorena, about the infamous Lorena Bobbitt has dropped.
The series will re-examine the 1993 trial in which Bobbitt was accused of chopping off her husband's penis.
The Docu-Series hopes to shed "new light" on the case that sparked discussion about domestic abuse, feminism, race, and the 24 hour news cycle.
It is being executive produced by Jordan Peele.
The Docu-Series will premiere February 15th on Amazon Prime.
Matt Damon recently purchased a $17 million penthouse condo in Brooklyn-- the most expensive unit in the entire borough.
It was made by combining three other units into one massive penthouse over 6,000 square feet. It features carrara marble throughout and hardwood floors made of rare Australian white oak.
Just keep this in mind the next time he tries to pull his regular-guy shtick.
( Collapse )
How expensive is your penthouse, ONTD?
Despite Netflix already issuing a statement just last week warning people not to partake in The BirdBox Challenge, dumbasses will continue to be dumb. YouTube Trash Jake Paul really amps up the stupid on his channel and does a 24hr BirdBox Challenge. In the video, Jake and his friend, George Yanko, drive a vehicle blindfolded and then jaywalk across a busy street, also blindfolded. Unsuspecting vehicles and drivers honk their horns in frustration at both of them fearing for their safety as well as their own. As these idiots play in traffic, friends are in the background filming, watching, laughing, and saying, “Bro, chill. Stop, bro.”
In the video, small text below warns others not to attempt these things and claims that all of this happened in a “controlled environment.”
“Please be warned (and we cannot possibly stress this enough); under no circumstances should any challenges, stunts, or pranks be attempted by any of our viewers. All challenges, stunts, and pranks are performed by trained professionals in a controlled environment with proper safety measures taken, and are for entertainment purposes only! Again, do not try this at home!” Sure Jan.
Unfortunately, Jake Paul survived these stunts and as of this posting the 11-minute video has since been deleted / is unavailable on his channel.
( Collapse )
ONTD, have you ever jaywalked...blindfolded?
Sources: 1 | 2
Never too old to not give a f*ck. Grace and Frankie returns January 18.
So much for Kim Kardashian's "woke" phase. She recently made an InstaStory where she revealed a huge stack of Dolce & Gabbana boxes sent to her by the designers for promotion. After fan backlash, she deleted the story.
The founders of Dolce & Gabbana, Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce, have revealed themselves as racists and homophobes.
-The brand cancelled their Shanghai show after they made a racist advertisement depicting a Chinese model. Stefano Gabbana also called China “the country of [shit]” and referenced the “China Ignorant Dirty Smelling Mafia.”
-They have also created racist jewelry, and designed sandals that they named "slave sandals." They said that they would not want a Japanese designer to design for them.
-They also endorse Melania Trump.
-Many of the brand's ads depict sexualized violence against women.
-Stefano opposes gay adoptions and IVF and only support traditional families, saying, "The only family is the traditional one. No chemical offsprings and rented uterus."
- Stefano once called the Kardashians "the most cheap people in the world."
-He also called Selena Gomez ugly on Instagram and agreed with a comment that she looked "like a Pomeranian dog."
Kim has not yet publicly apologized. (Shocking.)
- Beatrice and her boyfriend Edoardo have been pictured together for the first time,
- they went to Lamun together,
- Edoardo's family was also there as they own as estate there,
- Edoardo proposed to his ex-fiance there (they planned to marry there too),
- reportedly Edoardo was living with his ex-fiance and their child when his relationship with Beatrice began.
- got arrested last month in Virginia on a public intoxication charge,
- triggered a door alarm,
- did not breach airport security,
- mixed prescribed sleeping medication with booze,
- paid a $25 fine.
ontd, have you ever got arrested?
Satan probably inspired him to do this, too. Christian Bale arrested for 'assault on mother and sister'| The Independent. https://t.co/kesnNno9Zv— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) 7. Januar 2019
Christian Bale just won a Golden Globe for portraying Dick Cheney in Vice.
In his acceptance speech he thanked Satan for inspired him.
Cheney's daughter responded
( Collapse )
source 2 3
"hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it" is the third single off Norman F-cking Rockwell
Cook County (the largest county in Illinois) State's Attorney Kim Foxx wants survivors and witnesses to come forward if they have any information about the Illiterate Predator to investigate claims of sexual assault and domestic violence. Kelly's studio is on the West Side of Chicago and he also owns a separate home. Two families have already contacted her office because their relatives has been missing and they have been unable to reach them. There are no charges pending against R. Kelly in Cook County or the State of Illinois, but it looks as though if people come forward, a case could be built against the wretched Pied Piper of R&B. Apparently Kelly has been on their radar to investigate but due to lack of cooperation (and possibly some police corruption) charges have never come to fruition.
Hey Kells, I know you can't read this, but you've gotta storm a coming and I can't wait until it takes you down.
This Is Us casts Phylicia Rashad as Beth's mother — exclusive https://t.co/doCGJvce3n— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) January 8, 2019
Phylicia Rashad will guest-star in an episode of This Is Us.
she will make her debut in the second half of the third season, in an episode that focuses on Beth’s backstory.
As with all things #GameOfThrones, details about their characters are being kept under wraps — The only character detail that has been revealed is that Naomi Watts is taking on a role of a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret https://t.co/3a5RqKyQXO— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) January 8, 2019
HBO has cast eight rising stars to join Naomi Watts and Josh Whitehouse in the pilot.
SJ Clarkson has been tapped to direct the pilot.
Cast as series regulars are Naomi Ackie (next appearing in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars), Denise Gough (Guerrilla, Tony-nominated for Angels in America), Jamie Campbell Bower (Sweeney Todd, Twilight, Mortal Instruments), Sheila Atim (Harlots), Ivanno Jeremiah (Black Mirror, Humans), Georgie Henley (The Chronicles of Narnia), Alex Sharp (To the Bone) and Toby Regbo (Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald).
Details about their characters are being kept under wraps.
The drama is set thousands of years before the events of the HBO flagship.
Bryan Cranston has defended playing a disabled character in his new film, saying it is an actor's job to play different people https://t.co/dqUPpY9Shv— Sky News (@SkyNews) January 8, 2019
Bryan Cranston has defended playing a disabled character in his new film, saying it is an actor's job to play different people.
He plays a quadriplegic billionaire in comedy-drama The Upside.
Cranston said that while he was aware of "the need to expand opportunities", his latest casting was a "business decision".
"We live in the world of criticism, if we're willing to get up and try something, we have to also be willing to take criticism. As actors, we're asked to be other people, to play other people. If I, as a straight, older person, and I'm wealthy, I'm very fortunate, does that mean I can't play a person who is not wealthy, does that mean I can't play a homosexual? I don't know, where does the restriction apply, where is the line for that? I think it is worthy for debate to discuss those issues."
People may be thirsting for Steve Carell these days, but lately, his looks seem to be all he has going for him. Since leaving The Office, Steve has moved towards more dramatic roles and the results have been.... eh. Sure he got an Oscar nomination for Foxcatcher (a good movie dont @ me), but its been mostly flops. Especially this past year. Lets take a look at all the pretty poor career choices of our old pal Steve:
( Collapse )
So what do you think of this flop year ontd? Should he go back and do an Office revival now?
I’m sorry. Whoever believes in the Illuminati is dumb. Stop asking me if I’m in it. If it was really real would I tell you anyway?I believe in god. But your still gonna speculate.— Bebe Rexha (@BebeRexha) January 8, 2019
Singer of obnoxious songs wants you to know she isn't a part of the Illuminati.
( Collapse )
ONTD, do you believe in yourself and god?
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, and 4
-The new Star Trek spin off that brings back Picard will be majorily impacted by the events that went down in the 2009 reboot film.
-Picard will be dealing with the fallout of Romulus being destroyed (OG Spock attempted to save the planet in the 2009 film before they time traveled back).
-Patrick Stewart agreed to return to the world of Star Trek only if he received a three-page document outlining their ideas for the series and if it would be different in the sense of something that fans would not expect but also not to far away from the Trek that they love.
( Collapse )
Source: 1 2
In the early 2000s, stars – like @VancityReynolds and @RyanGosling – could still go to bars and let their hair down without going viral, as one of the era's top club promoters, reveals in her personal pictures of A-listers at now-defunct hotspots https://t.co/N3ThvRaxfO pic.twitter.com/dDI1hasOO9— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) 8. Januar 2019
club promoter Pantera Sarah shared some amzing pics of young Hollywood out partying in the late 90s
A paparazzi took photos of Diane Kruger and her infant daughter, whose father is Norman Reedus, through a window and posted them on a website today.
Kruger took to her Instagram to appeal to fans and the media not to repost the photos. She and Reedus have chosen not to release their daughter's name or photos in order to "allow her to grow up in privacy and safety."
Reedus shared Kruger's message on his own social media.