Five time Grammy Award winning singer, songwriter, actress and former television personality Christina María Aguilera told a sold out crowd in New Orleans at her Liberation Tour that when she attempted to sing at a bar the night before, she was promptly denied and not given the microphone.
“I go to this bar and there’s like this live band playing, and I was just like with a couple of my dancers. You know, after a minute I was like let me get up on stage and jam with this guy and maybe I’ll sing a song or whatever and have fun. And he would not give me the mic. He’s like a little older, he was not feeling it, he was not going to give up his mic. I was like, Oh, I just wanna come up and then he goes, what are you going to dance for me? And I’m like no! I just want to sing a song with you! And he, I don’t know. So [being here] is very nice, I was just like, I’ll save it for tomorrow. It’s alright, it’s all good.”
Liberation is currently available on iTunes and all streaming services.
( Collapse )
ONTD, have you ever been denied anything at a bar?
Sources: 1 | 2
In the second episode of Michelle Williams’ new show Chad Loves Michelle on OWN, the couple have an argument that gets heated when Williams brings up race. During a couple’s therapy session, Williams bring up the argument she had with her fiancé Chad Johnson.
“I said something to him along the lines of ‘Well, Chad, because you are not Black you would not understand why I communicate the way I do. Maybe because you didn’t grow up around a lot of Black people.’ So that was very, very offensive to Chad,” Michelle recalled.
Chad was so “offended” and upset that he brought up Michelle’s mental health struggles with depression as a way to retaliate.
Michelle brings this up during the session saying, “And this is not to justify it, but yesterday when we had the disagreement, he said ‘Did you take your meds today?’”
Chad responds by explaining to their counselor Dr. Thema, “I would never go there and I apologize. It was after she said it again [race] and I got mad.
And I was like, did you take your meds today? She knows how to cut.”
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Lady Gaga is among the many celebrities forced to flee their homes due to the rampant fires in California. The singer documented the emotional evacuation as she left behind her Malibu home, not knowing if it would still be standing when she returned. https://t.co/2M2tC4PjJQ pic.twitter.com/auJOlVbej4— CNN (@CNN) November 12, 2018
Lady Gaga was among the many who had to evacuate their homes this past weekend due to the wild fires. In the last four days, over 200,000 acres (or more than 310 square miles) have burned in California. The brave firefighters, police and first responders have done their best dealing with this catastrophe and at least 20 percent of the fire is contained. Lady gaga went to an emergency center to cheer up the victims of the fires.
@ladygaga stefani, (#ladygaga) is a being of light, wonderful person, with an extreme sensibility, in spite of his pain, goes to mitigate the pain of others, it is very admirable, I love her ♥ pic.twitter.com/1NG5rOs3x1— laudesmond 🇦🇷🐶🐾 (@lauridesmond) November 12, 2018
source= https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1062034838558031872 & https://twitter.com/lauridesmond/status/1062015274671575040
if you would like to help and donate you can click here: http://supportlafd.org/
Victoria Adams received the inaugural Fashion Icon Award
This past weekend ticketmaster crashed as the Spice Girls stadium tour tickets went on sale. The girls went onto to sell 70,000 tickets within an hour prompting the ladies to add on more dates. Hopefully this means they will expand the tour world wide. It is said that Victoria will be watching one of the shows supporting the girls. The Spice girls had said that Victoria will always be a Spice Girl!
source= https://twitter.com/BANGShowbiz/status/1062014938514931712 & https://twitter.com/SPINSouthWest/status/1061992011077705729
- "Thank U, Next" debuts #1 this week, making it her first #1 single
- First female to debut number one since Adele's "Hello" in 2015
- Knocks Maroon 5's spot with "Girls Like You" after a 7 week run
- The highest charting song she had before was "Problem" in 2014, at #2
( Collapse )
Seen any good memes of the song?
sources: 1 2
More surprises follow after the reveal!
The thumbnail alone made me tear up lmao. I'm a sucker for surprise reunions.
- The Gaineses went on Jimmy Fallon on Friday and announced that they're coming back to teevee after leaving their show to spend more time with their family last year. They're getting their own network, replacing either DIY or Great American Country.
- Discovery released a statement saying how excited they were to bring "quality, family-friendly programming accessible on a 24/7 network and across all screens," and Magnolia released a statement saying how excited they are "to build a different kind of platform for unique, inspiring and family-friendly content.” It will mostly be filmed around Waco.
- No one seems to have asked anyone whether gay couples will appear on this new network.
SOURCES: 1 & 2
For the Weekend of November 10-11 2018:
- Grimes Says She Loves Hentai, Posted and Deleted Questionable Art
- Alicia Silverstone: My son’s never taken medicine because he’s vegan
- Ice-T says he's never had a bagel or coffee
- Clebrities react to Donald Trump’s heartless comments about California wildfires
- Free For All Saturday
- Blogger refused entry to Louvre because she was wearing a low-cut dress
- Weekend Box Office: The Girl in the Spider's Web flops
- The Walking Dead Promo For 9B + Viewing Post
- Taylor Swift Blew Her Nose, Then Threw The Used Tissue To Her Security Guards
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Hire Private Firefighters, Save Neighbors from Wildfires https://t.co/3geRRr7Hx4— TMZ (@TMZ) November 12, 2018
- TMZ reported on Friday that the raging Caifornia Wildfire had begun encroaching on Kim Kardashian and Kanye Wests property and their home was in danger of being burned down.
- It has now come out that Kim and Kanye hired a private contractor of firefighters to battle the blaze and save their home.
- Their home sat at the end of a cul-de-sac and if their house burnt, it would start a domino effect and take out the neighboring homes.
- TMZ spoke to neighbors who are thankful Kim and Kanye took charge and hired a team to fight off the fire and save the neighborhood.
Friday, Jan. 11
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend @ 9pm
Tuesday, Jan. 15
The Flash @ 8pm
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO @ 9pm (Series Premiere)
Wednesday, Jan. 16
Riverdale @ 8pm
All American @ 9pm
Thursday, Jan. 17
Supernatural @ 8pm
Friday, Jan. 18
Dynasty @ 8pm
Sunday, Jan. 20
Supergirl @ 8pm
Charmed @ 9pm
Monday, Jan. 21
Arrow @ 8pm
Black Lightning @ 9pm (New Day)
Thursday, Jan. 24
Legacies @ 9pm
No date for Jane the Virgin's last season yet but it will air its final season on Wednesdays when All American wraps season 1. Legends of Tomorrow will return in April when Black Lightning ends. New series In The Dark will air on Thursdays after Legacies completes season 1. No dates set yet for the final season of iZombie or season 6 of The 100.
-Michelle Obama admits that she stopped smiling at Donald Trump's inauguration to prove a point
-She was not feeling it
She may have lost her most followed on Instagram title, but Selena Gomez can now add that she's the Queen of Spotify.
The whisper queen has a whopping 46m monthly listeners, beating Drake's 45m monthly listeners.
Selena hasn't released an album since her 2016 album Revival.
Rihanna and Selena are both the only female artist to top the Spotify artist chart.
Her career is SO bizarre!
At the Camp Flog Gnaw Carnival and Music Festival, famous child Jaden Smith took to the stage to announce that Tyler, the Creator was his boyfriend.
"I just wanna say Tyler, The Creator is the best friend in the world and I love him so fucking much," Smith announced to the crowd. "And I wanna tell you guys something, I want to tell you, Tyler doesn't wanna say, but Tyler's my motherfucking boyfriend! And he's been my motherfucking boyfriend my whole fucking life!"
He later took to twitter seeming to confirm it.
Tyler responded in a really ambiguous way that doesn't clarify anything.
hahaha you a crazy nigga man— Tyler, The Creator (@tylerthecreator) November 12, 2018
Source: 1, 2
ontd, do you think this is the new power couple we need or is jaden just looking for attention?
Mickey was out in Beverly Hills accompanied by his puppy. They ate a delicious meal and after that his puppy fends off the paps with puppy pee!
2018/11/12 Mickey Rourke is legendary‘s Facebook.— ダウニさん家のコタツネコ(≡^.^≡)♪ (@reiko196510301) November 11, 2018
"Carbonara Day ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤ ️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️" pic.twitter.com/Y4pwCKg5bc
After they ate, Mickey Rourke's puppy pees on a Paparazzi!!!
* Vanessa Marcil is the mother of Brian Austin Green's oldest son, Kassius (age 16). He shares 3 sons with wife Megan Fox (ages 6, 4 and 2).
* According to Marcil, BAG began fighting for full custody 12 years ago, as well as requesting child support and claiming that she owed him 200k in unpaid loans he had given her through the years.
* She claims she has never requested any child support from Green.
* She says after 8 years of court battles, she won all the cases, with the judge calling Green's lawsuits frivolous. News stories at the time confirmed he lost he civil suit, with the judge questioning why he would wait so long to collect on a loan to Marcil. His rep said the "frivolous" term was Marcil's, not the judge's. Either way - he lost.
* BAG still had 50/50 custody, and Marcil says she has never prevented him from seeing their son.
* She says 5 years ago, BAG and Fox "decided to completely cut Kass out of their lives and his younger brothers’ lives. Kass has never met his youngest brother and is not allowed to know where his bio father, stepmother and three younger brothers live.” She continues "Kass has been truly heartbroken since being cut out of his other families lives with NO explanation."
* BAG posted instagram pics of Kass last year, without referencing this alleged estrangement.
( Collapse )
1 2 3
BAG has yet to publicly respond. Honestly, this would be a pretty bold lie to make up, and easily refuted with family pics if false, so I lean toward believing it. Whatever BAG's issues with Marcil, his son should come first. This is pretty awful.
After being lowkey writing for other artists, Teddy Sinclair fka Natalia Kills posted a series of three selfies with the captions "NEW MUSIC SOON" on Instagram.
Whenever that will be, it would be her first music since dropping the highly underrated ep +30mg in 2016. It's unsure if she's continuing under the Cruel Youth band name.
( Collapse )
Get your oxy ready little cruel youthsters!
source: Teddy's Instagram, Youtube, Twitter
The girls chatted with celeb news channel Lorriane discussing politics including Theresa May, 'people power', Brexit, Victoria's absence, and more.
Seeing what the headlines ran with from the interview for clickbait vs. what and how things were said in this is funny. What do you think? 🤔🤔🤔
Ashley Tisdale takes us inside her 1930s-era, renovated house. She show us her cozy living room, her husband's Shepard Fairey piece, her “wall of accomplishments” and more.
Tisdale’s new single “Voices In My Head” is out now and it’s no “He Said, She Said” tbh.
ONTD, what’s your dream home?
Lorde recently took to Instagram (despite having been pretty much absent from it for a long time) to address Kanye's glass box stage, which is suspiciously similar to one that Lorde and her dancers have been using since March. She intercalated pictures of her own stage with pictures of Kanye performing with Kid Cudi in his version of it, at Camp Flog Gnaw, on Sunday night. She wrote, "I'm proud of the work I do and it's flattering when other artists feel inspired by it, to the extent that they choose to try it on themselves. But don't steal – not from women or anyone else – not in 2018 or ever."
( Collapse )
The New Zealander songstress recently performed in Argentina's Personal Fest and absolutely killed it, with OP as witness.
Source: Lorde's instagram
So touched by all of the celebrities posting pictures of themselves with Stan Lee... no better way to commemorate an absolute legend than putting up a picture of yourself.— Armie Hammer (@armiehammer) November 12, 2018
Stan Lee died today at the age of 95.
Fans, friends and co workers alike shared selfies they had taken with him, as they celebrated his life and legacy.
Armie Hammer for whatever reason got mad about it...
Ontd, do you get mad at how ppl choose to celebrate/mourn the life of someone who recently died?
-airs december 9th
Tiffany Young, formerly of the K-Pop girl group Girls’ Generation, teaches you Korean Slang. Whether you want to know how to say “it’s lit” or “don’t lie” in Korean, Tiffany Young has got you covered in this episode of “Slang School.”
Fifteen years ago today on November 12th 2003, Princess of Pop Britney Spears released her fourth studio album, “In The Zone.”
The album spawned four singles, “Me Against the Music” featuring the Queen of Pop Madonna, Grammy Award winning single “Toxic,” her signature ballad “Everytime,” and “Outrageous” where Spears injured her knee on the set of the music video (directed by Dave Meyers).
Nothing would ever be quite the same after that injury, but this post isn’t about that downwards spiral. It’s to celebrate Britney Spears at her peak and what fans argue as her best body of work. Let’s take a look back at this iconic and memorable era. These pop girls today could never.
[Fun Facts about In The Zone]
• The album was originally titled “Get in the Zone” but was changed to “In The Zone” due to it being AutoZone’s slogan.
• “Outrageous” was supposed to be the first single, but Spears pushed for “Me Against the Music.” Once she got Madonna on the song, her label gave in.
• “(I Got That) Boom Boom” featuring the Ying Yang Twins was supposed to be the second single, but once again Spears fought her label for “Toxic” instead.
• This album marked the first time Britney did not work with long time collaborator and producer Max Martin. She wouldn’t collaborate with him again until 2008 with “Circus.”
• Penelope Magnet and RedZone offered Spears a song called “Pop Culture Whore,” but according to Magnet, she did not like that song and told them it “sucked.”
This is the original album cover for “In The Zone.” It was changed at the last minute to the one above that we all recognize today with Spears face zoomed in closer. Pretty much everything else remained the same.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
ONTD, favorite song(s) off In The Zone?
Me & 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19
Wearing a very confusing sweater, Live Action Disney Icon Emily Blunt talks about how Rob Marshall left her a message about a sequel to Mary Poppins with her as the star.
Lin Manuel Miranda talks about the incredible, original, enchanting music.
You see more of the pretty 2D animation!
Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy. Directed by Josh Cooley (“Riley’s First Date?”), Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” ventures to U.S. theaters on June 21, 2019.
I'm a bit taken aback by the Joni Mitchell song wtf
-While they changed things from the book, they still wanted to make sure to give fans of the book little rewards throughout the season.
-Were tempted to make [Spoiler (click to open)]Becks death less brutal but this is a brutal show so there wasnt a way around it.
-Decided to make a major deviation from the books and bring [Spoiler (click to open)]Candace back from the dead. They will make a major role in S2.
-S2 will take place in Los Angeles and it wont be as straight of an adaption as S1 was.
-Can't reveal who the 'You' of S2 will be though Joe is talking to them in the voice overs.
LAUREL STEPS IN TO HELP OLIVER — Slabside becomes even more dangerous after a guard is murdered and everyone is a suspect. Felicity enlists help from a surprising source in her pursuit of Diaz, and Laurel flexes her muscles as the District Attorney. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Sarah Tarkhoff & Tonya Kong (#706). Original airdate 11/19/2018.
( Collapse )
source / source
-Reached out to Los Angeles’ Transcendental Meditation centre March 11th. Said it was urgent.
- he wished for tools to manage his enduring difficulties with anxiety. He revealed that these crippling anxieties had driven him to drink excessively and that this, in turn, had led to acute pancreatitis.
- He asked questions about enlightenment and finding a “deep happiness”.
- On the last day, 28 March, he broke down in tears and said “ I am in so much pain.”
- “I feel as if I could have helped him, but I feel deep in my heart that he had been thinking about this [suicide] for some time,” Skipper says. “Looking back, I think it had probably been weighing on him for a while.”
Arash Pournouri (his old manager) says:
- Says he was aware of Avicii's anxieties but refuses to label them a problem of mental health. He says that Avicii had a “gift of sensitivity” that enabled him to “connect dots outside of the obvious to the rest of us”. The dark side of this gift, he says, was how Avicii would fixate on things and become “stressed about insignificant things”.
( Collapse )
Rabbi Abraham Cooper, Associate Dean and Director of Global Social Action of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre, had this to say: “Wearing a T-shirt in Japan mocking the victims of the Nagasaki A-bomb, is just the latest incident of this band mocking the past.”
More under the cut, including coverage by the Guardian (which also discusses Korea-Japan relations).
( Collapse )
SOURCES 1 2 3
Mods, all three quotes are from the Simon Wiesenthal Centre article.
- Jamie and Claire search for a place to call home; meanwhile, in the 29th century, Brianna and Roger's romance heats up and then fizzles during a road trip that winds up highlighting their differences.
This was a hard one