“I just fact-checked a fucking article!” he said. “Nothing I do today will be harder than that.” True words from Daniel Radcliffe, and a great meta-testament to brilliant and heroic @NewYorker fact-checking dep’t: https://t.co/SpG2Odo5ZO— Joshua Yaffa (@yaffaesque) October 8, 2018
- The gig was research for his Broadway play The Lifespan of a Fact where he plays a fact checker
- Was more nervous about doing the fact-checking than he was about performing in the play
- Radcliffe fact-checked a restaurant review for a place that serves, among other things, toasted grasshoppers
- Among the things he had to fact-check: the accuracy of the menu mentioned, the correct spelling of the surname of the chef, and the general vibe of the restaurant
- A few days later a fact checker called Radcliffe to verify the facts of the article that was written about Radcliffe being a fact-checker (very meta!)
ONTD what job would you like to temporarily try out?