( Collapse )
Next week, desserts!
Thanks for reading, please enjoy this video of Rahul spotting pheasants.
Who is watching the new season? Who are our favourite bakers?
Tweets one, two, three, four
I don't know about you, fellow Bat-fans, but I've always wanted to see Dick Grayson meet Jason Todd in live-action, which is why I'm so pumped to debut today's exclusive #IGNFirst for @TheDCUniverse's Titans. It's Robin vs. Robin, and it looks EPIC: https://t.co/z2v4z0UBW5 pic.twitter.com/PsW3SfkQJ7— Laura Prudom (@LauInLA) September 13, 2018
- DC Universe's first original series 'Titans' teases a Robin v. Robin meet-up. Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) meets his replacement Jason Tood (Curran Walters). This is notable for being the first live-action adaptation of Jason Todd (Robin II/Red Hood), the infamous (formerly) dead Robin.
more details + photos @ source
I'm sold. I do wish we eventually see Tim Drake (aka best Robin ever) be adapted on live action!
Riverdale season 3's mystery is True Detective mixed with Dungeons & Dragons https://t.co/0kxcf0jVMP— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) September 13, 2018
-Showrunner RAS says things: “It’s Labor Day weekend and it’s closing arguments for Archie’s trial. His fate hangs in the balance, and in the premiere episode, the outcome of the trial will be revealed...One of my favorite things recently was the first season of True Detective, and we’re sort of telling a similar ritualistic crime that happens in Riverdale. We jokingly call it teen detectives meets True Detective, because we find Betty and Jughead investigating this really disturbing crime that seems to speak to the very twisted history of Riverdale...The murder victims in the present were playing a game called Griffins & Gargoyles, which is, of course, the Riverdale version of Dungeons & Dragons. Our kids discover that when their parents were in high school they also were playing this game, and there was a similar murder that happened in the past.”
-Lili on Bughead: "What made people fall in love with them from the start was seeing them together as this team, a crimefighting duo. You definitely see that within the first few episodes. They take this new killing spree under their belts, which is a lot for two teenagers to do.”
-Lili on playing young Alice in the flashback episode which airs Nov 7: "Young Alice is so different from the Alice that you see today. She’s not just this uptight, precocious, looks-down-upon-everyone teen; like, she was a Serpent.”
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
brought to you by the diabolically deranged Dilton Doiley the dangerous dealer of death
-A shy high school student's seemingly perfect relationship with a popular jock quickly turns abusive and dangerous.
-The movie is an remake of the 1996 TV movie which starred Candace Cameron Bure and Fred Savage.
-NO ONE WOULD TELL airs September 16th at 8pm EST/PST on Lifetime
Congratulations, you survived the second week of school! Now is a great time to go over some important school lessons… as taught by the classy ladies of VH1’s Charm School.
Maybe you are in school, filling up your empty-ass head with important book learnin’ from dead white guys. Or maybe you are in the school of life, navigating a world of cutthroat thots and toxic patriarchal males. Either way, you could use some knowledge about charm, class and getting $$$.
There are two prerequisites for this course:
Charm School 101: ONTD Original: The most important lessons from VH1’s "Rock of Love: Charm School"
Charm School 102: ONTD Original: Re-learn the lessons from VH1’s Charm School
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Which current celebrities need Charm School, ONTD?
“It’s sad that we have to walk off the job in order to be treated with respect at McDonald’s, but we’re not going to stay quiet while the company ignores the harassment we’re facing." https://t.co/27i3wt2G0I— Teen Vogue (@TeenVogue) September 14, 2018
- McDonald’s workers plan to walk out of work on Tuesday, September 18 to confront what they called the company’s failure to adequately respond to complaints of widespread sexual harassment
- The workers will go on strike across the country during the lunchtime rush in the following 10 cities: Chicago, Durham, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Orlando, San Francisco and St. Louis.
- The group alleges that the company "has failed to address groping, lewd comments, propositions for sex and other illegal behavior in its stores," according to a press release on the strike.
- In addition to workers participating in the strike, leaders of national women’s groups will join them in calling for McDonald’s to take stronger measures to prevent sexual harassment and protect its employees.
- In a statement sent to Teen Vogue via email, Mcdonald's said the following: “There is no place for harassment or discrimination of any kind at McDonald’s. Since our founding, we’ve been committed to a culture that fosters the respectful treatment of everyone. We have policies, procedures and training in place that are specifically designed to prevent sexual harassment at our company and company-owned restaurants, and we firmly believe that our franchisees share this commitment.
6Teen, nostalgia's sweet
If you don't remember 6Teen was a Canadian show that also played on Cartoon Network during the mid to late 2000's and ended in 2010.
Now in this clip, they're 8teen aka 'baby adults'. The creators Tom McGillis and Jennifer Pertsch decided to bring all the original voice actors and animators for this PSA to vote for the mid term elections, with updated jokes and education about voting.
Election Day is on Tuesday, November 6th, 2018
the FEELS. Did you watch 6teen?
Billy Eichner hits the streets to ask New Yorkers if the Oscar, SAG, Golden Globe, BAFTA, MTV Movie, People's Choice, Teen Choice, Kids' Choice award-winning; NAACP Image award-nominated; Chinese-Hawaiian-Swedish triple threat Emma Stone should join Instagram and star in horror movies. That's her "I'm Scared!" face.
ONTD, do you like bubble tea?
- The show is going to have a multiple episode arc about the death of a character, because it's something that families deal with. Co-creator Christopher Lloyd called the arc "moving," so it's probably not one of the kids, right? Ed O'Neill seems like a solid guess.
- Sarah Hyland reacted to the news on twitter:
so maybe an older guest actor who dgaf will spoil it!
- Modern Family is entering its 10th and perhaps final season, and not getting Emmy noms anymore, but Lloyd is hopeful there will be a renewal.
SOURCES: 1 & 2
Issa Rae, showrunner and star of Insecure, announced on social media that the show's been renewed for another season.
She also posted this in regards to Lawrence's return
Shout out to ex-bae for setting the record straight.— Issa Rae (@IssaRae) September 10, 2018
🗣I did NOT lie! #InsecureHBO
P.S. - This actually the first time a misquote/media clickbait has actually worked in my favor. ☕
ARTICLE: https://t.co/ZfRkBgYwZj pic.twitter.com/IMPiVIsbZ8
For Thursday, September 13, 2018:
- Your new $1,000+ iPhone won’t come with a headphone dongle in the box
- Students dress up as their favorite pop culture reference for student ID photos
- THR Asks: "What was the Last Movie That Made You Cry?"
- Cardi B endorses Cynthia Nixon for NY Governor
- Julie Chen is standing by her man
- Yesterday's Roundup
The new thriller/horror/whatever 'The Predator' topped Thursday night box office previews in the U.S., bringing in $2.5M, and is expected to make around $25M-$32M this weekend (it has a $88M budget, so it'll be a small hit).
The other movies releasing this weekend include “A Simple Favor,” starring Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively, which brought in $900,000, and is expected to make $12M-$15M this weekend, while Matthew McConaughey's crime drama “White Boy Rick” made $575,000 on Thursday, and is expected to bring in $6M-$10M this weekend.
Other smaller movies out this weekend include 'Lizzie' starring Chloe Sevigny and Kristen Stewart (in limited release) and 'Unbroken: Path to Redemption', which is kind of a sequel to Angelina Jolie's movie 'Unbroken' but apparently more faith-based and catering to the bible belt? Meh.
Eminem just dropped his response to Machine Gun Kelly's 'Rap Devil'. Some key lyrics:
- I’m 45 and I’m still outselling you / by 29 I had three albums that had blew
- This is as big as you're gonna get, so enjoy it / Had to give you a career to destroy it
- You ain’t never made a list next to no Biggie, no Jay / Next to Taylor Swift, and that Iggy ho
- I'd rather be 80 year old me than 20 year old you
- You're salty 'cause young Gerald's balls-deep inside of Halsey
- He knows long as I'm Shady, he's gon' have to live in my shadow
- The day you put out a hit's the day Diddy admits that he put the hit out that got Pac killed
Full lyrics here
“With the Tyler, The Creator thing, I realized [it was wrong] when I said it, but I was angry when I said the shit about Tyler. In my quest to hurt him, I realized that I was hurting a lot of other people by saying it.”
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 | 2
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is a six-part Western anthology film, a series of tales about the American frontier told through the unique and incomparable voice of Joel and Ethan Coen. Each chapter tells a distinct story about the American West.
On Netflix and in select theatres November 16
- Canadian pop legend Avril Lavigne shared a new snippet and photos for her new single "Head Above Water" on Twitter. It is her first single since 2015, and it will be released next Wednesday, September 19.
What's your favorite Avril song, ONTD?
Whirlwind Wedding! Justin Bieber Marries Hailey Baldwin Two Months After Proposal: Sources https://t.co/X9oDTmOrUK— People (@people) September 14, 2018
With the fall film festivals wrapping up, it's time to talk awards season. (Really!) Find out the movies our new Carpetbagger thinks will be contenders. https://t.co/8J0fTH0feI— New York Times Arts (@nytimesarts) September 14, 2018
So now that Telluride, Venice, and Toronto are (nearly) behind us, almost all of the big awards-baity movies have been seen by critics, Hollywood likes, Academy members, and a few fans who were lucky enough to get tickets to those film festival.
The Times' awards team broke down who they think'll be the big contenders in the six big categories come Oscars time, including those that premiered at the film festivals, and movie releases prior to that (oh and the Dick Cheney movie people still know nothing about?). Here's a breakdown of potential nominees.
Best Picture and Best Director
-- Black Panther, directed by Ryan Coogler
-- A Star Is Born, directed by Bradley Cooper
-- Roma, directed by Alfonso Cuaron
-- If Beale Street Could Talk, directed by Barry Jenkins
-- Widows, directed by Steve McQueen
-- First Man, directed by Damian Chazelle
-- Green Book, directed by Peter Farrelly
-- BlacKkKlansman, directed by Spike Lee
-- Can You Ever Forgive Me?, directed by Marielle Heller
-- The Favourite, directed by Yorgos Lanthimos
( Collapse )
The only ones they have questionable are the 'Green Book' stars Viggo Mortensen & Mahershala Ali, and which categories they'll be divvied into. Same with 'The Favourite and its three stars Olivia Colman, Emma Stone, and Rachel Weisz, which is why they're missing from the list above (as in, who will be put for lead, and who'll be supporting). Also some of the ones listed above are kind of far-fetched but who knows with the Academy to be honest.
The NYT also noted films that haven't been released but might have buzz, including Bohemian Rhapsody, Mary Queen of Scots, and On the Basis of Sex (and the Cheney movie).
-Eddie and Sam had sex 4 times and kept eye-sexing throughout the episode
-Eddie found out who killed the woman he loved few years ago and went crazy for revenge
Did you watch?
OFFICIAL: @Disney has confirmed that actress @brielarson will be appearing on @GMA this Tuesday for CAPTAIN MARVEL, during which she will reveal the first trailer for the film! pic.twitter.com/7TipUExCtv— MCU News & Tweets (@MCU_Tweets) September 14, 2018
Disney's official press release and GMA's official list of guests for the week have Brie Larson on Tuesday morning!! aaahhhhh!!! There will apparently be a poster reveal for the movie as well.
Tuesdays date was heavily speculated after the EW magazine cover that came out last Friday as Tuesday 9/18 is the United States Air Force 71st birthday (and Brie has been in NY for NYFW according to her IG).
Captain Marvel will be released on International Woman's Day March 8, 2019.
• Kal Penn played Kumar in 2004’s “Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle,” and went on a stoner adventure to get those delicious sliders with Harold played by co-star John Cho.
• What some may not know is that Penn is vegan and was unable to partake in eating the real sliders by White Castle.
• “The person in charge of props went out of her way to make little mini veggie burgers for me,” says Penn.
• 14 years later, Penn tried an Impossible Burger in New York and mistakenly thought it was beef. He was so impressed when he found out the company was making legitimate meat from plants using heme.
• He then made a small investment in the company saying: “I thought I should probably put my money where my mouth is.”
• White Castle decided to test them out for six months at select locations. It was a hit and the company will be adding it to nearly all 400 locations nationwide and at $1.99 for each slider 🍔.
• Penn adds: “This is something that's like, 'Hey you can have the same meat burger — with all the flavor, texture, everything — it's just not made from a cow, and by the way it's way better for you and for the planet.”
• Impossible Burger is also backed by Bill Gates and Richard Branson.
We are on the verge of losing Roe v Wade, millions of vulnerable people are about to lose their healthcare, and the SCOTUS will swing farther to the right for a generation. You said there was no difference between HRC and DJT. Are you incapable of admitting you were wrong? WTF?? https://t.co/cmVk49Z9z8— Bradley Whitford (@WhitfordBradley) September 12, 2018
STFU SUSAN. Oh yes, PLEASE let’s give Trump CREDIT. I mean how else are you able to walk out on the street. Convince yourself that that this CATASTROPHE of a President who you said was better that HRC IS NOT ripping children away from parents seeking asylum, holding children https://t.co/UuXLLdahaB— Debra Messing (@DebraMessing) September 12, 2018
( Collapse )
SOURCES 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
* Follow up to this POST.
* "apologized" on Howard Stern for Me Too comments saying “You’d have to have Down syndrome to not feel sorry for [the victims].”
* apologized on The View for apology saying he almost said another word but stopped himself. [So this was him thinking before he spoke. Huh.]
* gets emotional when he says “The remark I made about people with Down syndrome was a terrible, terrible thing for me to say.”
( Collapse )
SOURCES 1 | 2
Here's the synthy r&b bop from Tayla Parx.
I’m so excited to finally announce this!!! https://t.co/mykwTMN5qB— Monica Raymund (@monicaraymund) September 14, 2018
-her character is a National Marine Fisheries Services officer who is "happy to use her gun and badge to pick up tourist chicks in the gay mecca of Provincetown, MA"
-she finds a body washed up on the beach — collateral damage of the opioid epidemic - and becomes obsessed with the murder; her obsession fuels her own addictive behaviors
- Drake, 31, is reportedly dating 18-year-old model Bella Harris
- He took Harris to RPM Italian, where he waited for everyone to “clear out” before the two dined alone
- After eating, they left together
- The pair have known each other for 2 years (Harris shared photos online of her and Drake at the 2016 American Music Awards and during his Summer Sixteen Tour)
Now that their rave-reviewed Shiny and Oh So Bright tour has ended, the Smashing Pumpkins have released a single called "Silvery Sometimes (Ghosts)," and announced that a new album will be dropping on November 16th.
The album will be called Shiny and Oh So Bright, Vol. 1 / LP: No Past. No Future. No Sun
The tracklist is as follows:
1. “Knights of Malta”
2. “Silvery Sometimes (Ghosts)”
6. “Marchin’ On”
7. “With Sympathy”
8. “Seek And You Shall Destroy”
Listen to their new banger now!
Source / Source 2
ONTD, do you wish your past faves would release new music?
also the news of exo's comeback got me like:
A man whose reputation precedes him.
Meet K-pop sensation, Seungri and his brand new sitcom,
YG Future Strategy Office, coming to Netflix on Oct 5.
The debut single off the EP entitled "First Time" ft French Montana didn't chart in the UK or the USA.
There isn't very much information on the exactly total of sales in the United Sates, 2Paynez' EP clocks in at around 13m+ streams on Spotify. In comparison, ex-1d member Zayn Malik's "Like I Would Remixes" compilation has 23m+ streams.
Sold around 3k in the UK, debuting at #28 on the charts, getting outsold by an ABBA Greatest Hit's album but outselling Taylor Swift's nearly year old album Reputation by 164 copies.
Adam Venit in his letter to @terrycrews: "I have dedicated myself to spiritual self-discovery in an effort to be the best person I can be for the rest of my life, and hopefully make difference to me, my family and everyone I know" https://t.co/6pqD3yAgNm— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) September 14, 2018
Terry Crews opaccepted an apology from Adam Venit now that the agent has resigned his post at WME.
Venit takes responsibility for his actions and asks Crews for forgiveness.
The acoustic version has a new verse and arrangement added to it than the single he released.
He did an interview with Forbes and revealed his next album is coming January 2019.
He also covered "First Dayof My Life' by Bright Eyes, which he performed at his dad's funeral.
( Collapse )
Have you streamed or heard Song About You, yet?
The CW has cast Elizabeth (Bitsie) Tulloch as the famed reporter Lois Lane.
She will appear in the annual Arrowverse crossover in December alongside the man of steel himself.
- Gwen and Gavin were married for 13 years and have been divorced for 2 years. Gwen and Blake started dating 3 years ago.
- Gavin isn't happy with how his sons Kingston (12), Zuma (10), and Apollo (4) are being raised. Gavin feels replaced by Blake in their lives.
- Gavin doesn't like that the boys are being raised as "little cowboys" from spending time in Oklahoma where Blake is from. Blake has taken on a father figure role to the boys by taking them hiking and going on helicopter rides with them.
- Gavin has a lot of anger towards Gwen despite his infidelty being the reason their marriage ended.
- As part of their divorce agreement their home was to be sold and then split between the former couple. Gwen wanted to lower the price to help sell the house but Gavin won't let her
- Allegedly Gavin is jealous of her perfect life and wants to make her life difficult out of spite
- Gwen and Gavin are also having conflict over religion. Gwen is a devout Catholic, but Gavin is not religious and disapproves of the boys going to church with her.