YT Description: As Asian pop acts dominate charts around the world, a new band called FFC-Acrush hopes to be China’s answer to K-Pop. The group’s spiky hair and suggestive dance routines make them the platonic ideal of a boy band, with one exception: They’re girls.
The five members of Acrush say they prefer to be referred to as mĕi shàonián, or “handsome youths.” And with their short hair, drop-crotch pants, and sneakers, they look more like Justin Bieber clones than Fifth Harmony.
Acrush is the brainchild of 34-year-old Wang Tianhai, whose 7-month-old company, Zhejiang Huati Culture Communication, is funded in part by the billion-dollar Chinese tech giant Tencent. Wang now hopes to create China’s popstar industrial complex. (yikes)
VICE News went to China to visit the popstar factory.
9. Zoe Meets Frank in Secret - House of Cards
7. Fiona Forgets to Put Away the Cocaine - Shameless
5. Among Other Things, an Unarmed Kim Bauer Chases Down a Killer - 24
3. Dexter Saves the Trinity Killer - Dexter
1. Rick Decides to Kill Negan and the Saviors (but doesn't kill them when in clear view) - The Walking Dead
• SNL spoofed John Krasinski's box office hit and American horror film “A Quiet Place.”
• In the sketch, SNL host Donald Glover's character tries to survive alongside Aidy Bryant, Kenan Thompson, Beck Bennett, and Cecily Strong in “A Kanye Place.” Like most people, Glover struggles to control his reactions to Kanye’s string of tweets from last week as well as his questionable new Poopy di-scoop inspired track “Lift Yourself.”
• So what does the free-thinking Kanye West think of the sketch?
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 | 2
Season 5 comes to Netflix May 29th
Taylor Swift recently sold her Westside Beverly Hills home off-market for $4 million. The buyer is Nicolas Bijan Pakzad, son of House of Bijan founder Bijan Pakzad. House of Bijan, which Nicolas now runs, has served clients like King Juan Carlos of Spain and Presidents Obama, Clinton, George W. Bush, and George H.W. Bush.
Swift bought the property for just over $3.55 million in 2011.
Built in 1941, the mini-estate includes 1.4 acres of grounds, a 2,800 sq ft main house (master suite, two bathrooms, an office/den, and formal living room with fireplace), a guest house (living room with fireplace, kitchen, and en-suite bedroom), an outdoor fireplace, mature landscaping, and a tennis/sports court. See photos at the source.
Swift has another home in the same neighborhood up for sale. The 3000 sq ft Mid-century house, listed for $2.95 million, includes 4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, a climate-controlled 1000-bottle wine cellar, a large patio, deck, and swimming pool.
What does your dream home look like, ONTD?
Ken Jeong Jumps Off Stage to Aid Audience Member Suffering Seizure During His Stand-Up Show https://t.co/Lly3y6fhWh— People (@people) May 7, 2018
Actor-comedian and former doctor Ken Jeong was doing a stand up comedy show in Phoenix, Arizona when a woman in the audience began to suffer a seizure. Jeong initially thought the commotion was heckling and playfully engaged with the audience until he realized there was a real problem.
Jeong, who is still a licensed physician, jumped off the stage and aided the woman until an ambulance arrived. He then jumped back on stage and finished his set.
In Ireland today, a pregnant woman can get an abortion only in cases of proven risk to her life; even in cases where the fetus has a fatal abnormality and no chance of postnatal survival, the woman must carry to term.
Only 16 abortions were performed in Ireland in 2017, but over 1000 Irish women traveled to the UK for the procedure. Many who cannot afford to travel have an illegal termination using pills bought online, which can result in up to 14 years in prison.
The UN called Ireland's abortion laws "cruel and inhuman."
In April, a citizens' assembly voted 52 to 29 to recommend that abortion be available without restrictions up to 12 weeks after conception. The nationwide referendum takes place Friday, May 25. Saoirse Ronan, Cillian Murphy, Aisling Bea, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, and more lent their voices to Together for Yes in support of a Yes vote. Liam Neeson published a statement of support, as well.
Learn more about abortion rights in Ireland on the Together for Yes website.
For the Weekend of May 5-6, 2018:
- Riverdale writer creates wish fulfilment YA book based on a SPN / Jensen con incident...allegedly
- Romance author Faleena Hopkins gets too cocky
- Ranveer Singh claims he was ‘poor’ as child and had to save for a 'summer holiday abroad'
- Free For All Saturday
- Weekend Box office: To no one's surprise Avengers is #1 for second weekend
- Bill Murray "crashes" couple's gender reveal event
- Willow Smith reveals she once walked in on her parents having sex
- Star Wars Episode IX Leaks From User Who Previously Predicted Plot Points In The Last Jedi
- #TeamNatural🍑 member Khloe Kardashian spotted in Cleveland
The View starts off the week without Meghan McCain and have guest co-host Amanda Carpenter from CNN and author of "Gaslighting America: Why We Love It When Trump Lies To Us". On the political side of the View, they talk about the astounding Rudy Giuliani media tour that he is doing. They touch on Trump thanking Kanye West for his rising poll numbers, Stormy Daniels' appearance on SNL, and the new bill signed in Iowa for stricter anti-abortion laws.
Michael B. Jordan does promo for Fahrenheit 451, talks about the success of Black Panther and attending the MET Gala.
[MICHAEL B JORDAN ON THE VIEW]
SOURCE: 1 2 3 4 5
It’s #TeacherAppreciationWeek and I am forever grateful to Frances Whitfield for her love and guidance during the Brady Bunch years. So many subjects were hard for me, yet she pushed me to find my passions and to believe in myself. Thank you Frances!!! #ThankATeacher 💓😇 pic.twitter.com/5ZUf5TA2tl— Maureen McCormick (@MoMcCormick7) May 7, 2018
1grade mrs. Walker— will.i.am (@iamwill) May 7, 2018
2grade mrs. Holland
3grade mrs Taylor
4grade mrs. Rich
5grade mrs. Fox
6grade mr. Right
7grade mrs. Otto mr. Hamanishi
8grade mr. Kahn mrs. Bradley
9grade mrs. Smith
10grade mrs. Montes
11grade mr. Allen
12grade mr. Marshall#love#TeacherAppreciationWeek
( Collapse )
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Are you done with school, ONTD? Tell us about your best (or worst) teachers.
* A Utah woman who told police Tom Sizemore groped her at a photo shoot when she was 11 is suing the actor.
* Salt Lake City police investigated in 2003, but prosecutors didn't file charges, citing witness and evidence problems.
* Sizemore denied the "highly disturbing" allegation when it surfaced publicly last year, saying he would never inappropriately touch a child.
Post about allegations
Lady Gaga spotted in LA today. pic.twitter.com/SvsUCIvwAS— Gaga Daily (@gagadaily) May 6, 2018
MORE PHOTOS: Lady Gaga spotted arriving at Starbucks in Malibu today. pic.twitter.com/wfMalhYRQu— Lady Gaga Charts • News (@charts_lady) May 6, 2018
The body is RIGHT, the fillers have settled. Lady Gaga stepped out to do some shopping at a vintage market and pick up starbucks in Malibu.
The living legend was looking the best she's looked in months. She stunned the streets with a cropped suit jacked and a matching skirt that showed off her flat stomach.
Could the new lewk be a hint at the new pop album she's been recording?
Source: 1 | 2
Winners/recipients of the 29th Annual GLAAD Media Awards were announced this weekend, and can be found below:
-- Excellence in Media Award: Ava DuVernay
-- Vito Russo Award: Samira Wiley
-- Special Recognition Award: “Smile” by Jay-Z featuring Gloria Carter, 4:44 [accepted by Ms. Gloria Carter]
-- Outstanding Film – Wide Release: “Call Me By Your Name” (Sony Pictures Classics) [accepted by screenwriter James Ivory and producer Peter Spears]
( Collapse )
Dr. Rhonda Rand has been treating Jolie's skin since the actress was a little girl. Jolie's mother Marcheline Bertrand first brought her to Dr. Rand when she was a child. For the first time, the dermatologist spoke publicly about the actress's skincare secrets.
Her skincare routine for Jolie:
"When she travels, she takes a good skin care regimen with her [including] alpha hydroxys or antioxidants."
"I basically try not to do too much. There’s a light laser resurfacing we like to use sometimes, but just once in a while."
"It was really just sunscreen, proper cleansing with a mild, gentle cleanser, antioxidants, sometimes glycolic [acids], and natural products. Some alpha hydroxy [acids] are good too, and they’re very natural.
( Collapse )
How is your skin, ONTD?
.@Camila_Cabello collects her third #Hot100 top 10 as a soloist, as "Never Be the Same" surges from No. 13 to No. 6 and reigns as the week's top-selling song, helped by its new remix with @KaneBrown https://t.co/JOeKfDoY2e pic.twitter.com/PcJasRhMtN— billboard (@billboard) May 7, 2018
-Never Be the Same, her second single from her debut album, hit #1 on pop radio this week
-it also reached a new peak of #6 on the Hot 100
-it received a boost from the new Kane Brown remix, but Brown is not credited as the majority of its points came from the original version
-it's both her 3rd #1 on pop radio and top 10 on the hot 100 as a solo artist (4th on both if you include 5H)
( Collapse )
– Comprised of ten tracks synthesizing Leon's R&B sound from his debut album Coming Home with a modern edge and energy, Good Things released last week to positive reviews.
Leon Bridges' (@leonbridges) sophomore album, 'Good Thing,' mixes his signature soul sound with later-era R&B, but he's not leaving the past completely behind. https://t.co/12EIiob21X pic.twitter.com/z3loSaWH4h— nprmusic (@nprmusic) May 4, 2018
– Newsweek: "Although Good Thing is a move away from the sounds that brought him fame and leans into the mainstream, Bridges’ dedication to the universality of soul music and its evolution is anything but bad, bad news."
– Rolling Stone: "Not everything works. "If It Feels Good, It Must Be" and "You Don’t Know" feel like fake Pharrell, which is some pretty thin plastic. But the closers – the skin-to-skin makeup sex ballad "Mrs." and the free-ranging autobiographical narrative "Georgia to Texas" (Bridges' second tribute to his mom in as many albums) — show how expansive and individual Bridges can be, even as he guns for the charts."
– DJBooth: "In 2015, Leon Bridges innovated upon soul in a giddy whisper, but on Good Thing, he’s moving the genre forward with a bellied shout. Delivering a record as textured and intuitive as Good Thing in only three years' time implies Leon Bridges is one of the most perceptive artists of our generation."
– The Current: "The new album, Good Thing, is ambitious, bouncing all over the place musically, but in a very good way. Leon shows he is more than just a great singer. He sounds like a man on a mission to make a great album, and I think he reached his goal [...] Good Thing is certainly no sophomore slump, Bridges shows ambition beyond being a retro soul singer. This might be a full on masterpiece."
– Bridges released two music videos for the album already. You can find them and the rest of the tracks below. He also recently performed "Bad Bad News" on Ellen and will appear on Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series on August 17th.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
ONTD, what do you think of the album?
And, with all due respect to you, saying that men can’t lead meaningful conversations about sexism, and that white people can’t lead meaningful conversations about racism, is both sexist and racist. Truth doesn’t care about privilege, nor do those who seek it. 🙏 https://t.co/JxQP0P4h3u— Zachary Levi (@ZacharyLevi) May 1, 2018
Zachary Levi made a post saying he was the victim of racism because folks told him that he couldnt LEAD conversations on sexism and racism. Instead of listening, he played the victim & cried about an onslaught of hate that never happened! Look who co-signed that ignorance. pic.twitter.com/XeVZHBR1uH— Shuri Loves STEM 💜⚡️ (@Curly_Fleur) May 1, 2018
are you seriously saying that someone is being sexist and racist to you, a white man, for saying that people in marginalized groups should lead in the discussions about issues that are pertinent to/affect them? that marginalized groups get to have the final say?— 🍍almay (@almayoftherock) May 1, 2018
what the fuck?
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Sources : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Elon was researching a joke idea to tweet and found out that Grimes had already made the joke three years prior so he reached out her.
Grimes told him that it was the first time someone had understood her joke and they started seeing each other.
They'll be walking the red carpet at the Met Gala together.
Omfg Elon Musk and Grimes have arrived pic.twitter.com/xs1qU9Vv6y— Maeve McDermott (@maeve_mcdermott) May 8, 2018
- It's a 3-part miniseries about the scandalous true story of 70s politician Jeremy Thorpe who had an affair Norman Scott
- Thorpe went on trial for planning to kill his younger lover
- Ben Whishaw is Scott and Hugh Grant will play Thorpe
- Written by Russell T Davies
- Will air on BBC One
God is real. Katy Perry is back to her long raven locks. On last night's American Idol, she had long, Old Hollywood black curls again.
Katy chopped off her hair and bleached it blonde when Witness came out last year. Fans hated it, even though she has changed her hair repeatedly during her career.
Fav Katy hairdo?
Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and possibly Chris Evans decided to get matching tattos. The tattoo shows the famous Avengers "A" with the number 6 in the middle. Fans are speculating that the 6 is either stands for the number of members or for the years since the first film came out.
the matching tattoos is the avengers logo and the number six to represent the start of them i am so emotional pic.twitter.com/Jg7sEL112u— caitlin ☁️ | saw iw; spoilers (@marveljedi) May 7, 2018
( Collapse )
1, 2, 3 & 4
-In news that will surprise absolutely no one...Bryan Fuller has left Anne Rices 'The Vampire Chronicles'.
-But in other news, the pilot has officially been written! And for the time being the show seems to have been renamed to "The Vampire Lestat" with the pilot episode being named 'Wolf Killer'
-No air date yet. No cast. Nothing.
( Collapse )
Source1 Source2 Source3 Source4
ONTD, pls share your own favorite Kylie™ Minogue memories. Favorite album(s), song(s), music video(s), live performance(s)?
Chris Appleton, Kim Kardashian West's hairstylist, breaks down some of her most iconic looks. Find out how to recreate Kim's looks, like her long hair Paris Fashion Week, her wet hair look for her KKW Beauty launch, and her icy white platinum long hair.
In tomorrow's episode, Roseanne is forced to confront her fears about her Muslim neighbors when she needs to ask them for their wi-fi password. Executive producer David Caplan says the storyline was Barr's idea. "She wanted to get a comeuppance for her own bias."
Greg Berlanti Options ‘Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue’ (EXCLUSIVE) https://t.co/BmB0RKAXhF— Debra Birnbaum (@debrabirnbaum) May 4, 2018
- Greg Berlanti directed Love, Simon and works on a million TV shows
- Has now optioned the rights to The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue, the 2017 YA novel by Mackenzi Lee about an 18th-century bisexual disaster who goes on the ~Grand Tour of Europe with his sister and best friend (😏); improbable-but-amusing shenanigans follow
- It's for Warner Bros. TV, so presumably it'll be a series or miniseries
- No showrunner or anyone else attached yet
- A sequel to the book focusing on the sister, The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy, is coming out later this year
Have you read this book, ONTD? Are you a fancy rich d-bag who's in love with your BFF?
tweet | source
Fox has renewed #TheResident for a second season. The medical drama joins previously announced pickups including #Empire, #911, #TheOrville and more. Keep up with all the Fox action with @THR’s handy scorecard https://t.co/mx7kC3EXeE pic.twitter.com/SM1dHCuSv5— Lesley Goldberg (@Snoodit) May 7, 2018
FOX has renewed medical drama "The Resident" for a second season.
I can't imagine a better day.— Lauren S. Hissrich (@LHissrich) May 8, 2018
The #Witcher writers' room opened today, and it was full of ideas and banter and cupcakes and creativity and darkness and champagne and this hilarious picture that's better than any of the posed group selfies I attempted.
It's happening. ♥️ pic.twitter.com/jUn9MPwf9L
A writers room for a fantasy series that is not dominated by white dudes? CAN IT BE?????
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago at a Netflix event in Rome, some info about the show was released. If you want, you can sort through the thread Lauren Hissrich posted about it or you can just read my bullet points summarizing the thread. Or you can do none of the above and comment on the post anyway because ONTD doesn't read.
The thread begins here:
Happy Friday! So much information coming out of the @netflix event in Rome. I'm told by my friends and colleagues that the level of excitement and anticipation for #Witcher was crazy! Let's sort through it...— Lauren S. Hissrich (@LHissrich) April 20, 2018
- Season 1 will be eight episodes long.
- It will be coming to Netflix circa 2020. Maybe sooner, depending on how fast production and stuff happens.
- The series will be filmed in Central Europe to keep with the source material's inspiration and feel.
- In the replies, Lauren is cagey about whether season 1 will be drawn from The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny.
So talk about the developments below! Speculate about what the first season will cover! Maybe indulge in some fancasting for Geralt, Yennefer, Ciri etc etc.
(Also not sure what to tag this as since obviously we don't have a tag for the show yet so um... I did my best?)