- As Fitz and Simmons race to find a way to seal the Rift, they are faced with one of their greatest fears manifested.
from a scale from 1-10 how much did you hate the ''cool kids'' song??
Within hours of Mississippi passing a 15-week abortion ban, Ohio lawmakers introduced a bill that would ban *all* abortions, including in cases of rape and incest and to save a woman’s life. It’s written such that women could face charges. https://t.co/rWn6xPpglT pic.twitter.com/293TnydQug— Lauren Kelley (@lauren_kelley) March 20, 2018
– One anti-abortion bill has passed in Missisippi (but was temporarily blocked by a federal judge) while an even worse one is gathering support in Ohio.
– Two Republican Ohio Lawmakers have introduced Housebill 565 that would outright ban all abortion in the state, including cases of rape, incest, or when the pregnant life is in danger. The bill makes an "unborn human" a person under Ohio's criminal code regarding murder, manslaughter and homocide, and allows for wrongful death lawsuits.
– Rep. Ron Hood (R), one of the bill's sponsors, said it would be up to the prosecutur to decide what punishment to seek and who to charge. This means pregnant women seeking abortions could be charged with a crime. Lawmakers also hope this bill will be rejected on consitutional grounds so they can appeal and make the Ohio Supreme Court review their past decisions on abortion, or the Supreme Court itself potentially overturning Roe vs. Wade. Eighteen co-sponsors, marking twenty, currently support the bill. Ohio lawmakers have passed twenty anti-abortion restrictions since 2010.
– Hood said: "I believe life begins at conception so the goal of this bill is to first of all continue to get the word out that life does begin at conception and move the debate in that direction, and to protect unborn Ohioans from being aborted." Rep. Nino Vitale (R), said the absence of exceptions for the mother's life is to "save them both" and claimed the bill still provides immunity for physicians who directly/indirectly cause the death of a fetus. He (Vitale) also said, "Life isn't always giving us things by our choice and I don't want to put a woman through a second trauma after she's been through such an awful first one."
– NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio said the bill would allow doctors to be charged with murder, punishable by life in person or the death penalty. Executive Director Kellie Copeland said in a statement, "Anti-choice extremists from the Ohio Statehouse to the White House are lining up their dominoes to topple Roe v. Wade and punish those who seek or provide abortion care."The bill is still gathering support. But in another state, earlier...
– Less then a day before the bill in Ohio was introduced, Mississippi passed Housebill 1510, banning nearly all abortions after 15 weeks. This bill also includes no exceptions for incest or rape. The only exceptions are if there are health problems with the fetus, making it incompatiable with life at full term, or if the mother's life or "major bodily function" is threatened by the pregnancy.
– Mississippi has the highest infant mortality and premature death rates in the country, with the worst child clinical care and highest teen pregnancy. The bill was passsed by Republican Governor Phil Bryant, who promised in 2014 that, “[his] goal is to end abortion in Mississippi.” The state has only abortion clinic, the Jackson Women's Health Organization.
– The Center for Reproductive Rights sued to block the bill, saying it violates constitutional precedent – and on March 20th U.S. District Judge Carlton Reeves blocked the bill for ten days. This will allow time for the court to consider further action.
– Ohio and Missisippi aren't alone – states like South Dakota don't have any clinics that allow for second-term abortions at all. In 2013, Arkansas attempted an abortion ban at 12 weeks. Mississippi now has the most strict abortion limit in the country while Ohio's bill looms, but another limit is on the horizon...
– Kentucky legislature is currently looking at Housebill 454, an 11 week ban for abortions that involve "bodily dismemberment, crushing, or human vivisection of the unborn child" (While this is referencing D&E - dilation and evacuation abortions, versus more common vacuum aspiration ones – the language is vague, which could make a dangerous precedent even worse).
– Pro-life Democrat incumbent Dan Lipinksi won the Illinois primary against progressive newcomer Marie Newman Tuesday night. Lipinksi is the pro-chair of the Congressional Pro-Life Caucus and was endorsed by his party. He was supported by the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
ONTD, how would you persecute anti-abortion law makers? (If you live in any of these states, please call and email your representatives)
Sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Ellie Goulding 'IS on guestlist for former flame Prince Harry's wedding to Meghan' after remaining 'good pals' https://t.co/m53a5RTORz— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) March 22, 2018
- He dated Chelsy for 7 years, Cressida lasted for 2....he allegedly cheated on both (multiple times). Ellie is believed to have shared a kiss with him at a polo party in 2016, after texting back and forth for two years.
- No word on if any accepted, but they're allegedly wanted there.
- Sadly still no word on whether the various club bunnies, vegas ladies, lingerie models, the lady who blew him once in Alberta, the Army Thots, or any of the other side pieces he used to cheat on them with will attend.
- Meghan's exes will NOT be invited...nor does she get a say in the matter, but "sources" think she won't mind.
- William had four(!) exes at his wedding. His father invited his mistress to his wedding, which greatly bothered his mother.
Would you marry/date this douche knowing he's (probably) a serial cheater who's (probably) rife with STDs, that will (probably) revert to his old womanising ways eventually, and will (probably) die being remembered as an overall mess?
src is still the dailyfail so ???
-FDNY firefighter Michael Davidson, 37, died and another was seriously injured while battling a five-alarm fire in Harlem
-Fire began around 11 PM Thursday night in the basement of a five-story building, where crews were shooting "Motherless Brooklyn," an upcoming film starring Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Willem Dafoe, and Alec Baldwin
-Davidson leaves behind a wife and four daughters
awful :( RIP
Angels in America cast on the play’s timely return to Broadway https://t.co/sCWOaUzt58— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) March 23, 2018
- Angels in America, the epic, two-part play written by Tony Kushner in response to the Reagan administration's handling of the AIDS crisis, has returned to Broadway.
- This production transferred from a sold-out run on the West End, and stars Andrew Garfield, Lee Pace, James McArdle, Denise Gough, and Nathan Lane.
- The cast discusses how they are enjoying performing the play in New York, because the audience is more attuned to the humor and knows the play better overall.
- Andrew Garfield finds a sense of purpose in his role, which he thinks is rare as a performer: "It feels like we’re on a march every night for seven-and-a-half hours. So even though it’s very costly for us and for an audience, I think it’s one of those things that’s very worthwhile to do because I think if we weren’t doing this we would be struggling to find something that was as meaningful to do as performers."
- James McArdle on transferring from the West End: "We had to bring it here because we’d been asked to, and who were we as a British company to say, “No, you’re not having your play back.” We wanted to bring it here because it belongs here, now, at this time."
- Lee Pace, on joining the cast for the New York run: "...one of the great things about theater is we’ll be doing this for a bunch more months and I hope to keep discovering things about the play and this world on the last night that we’re performing it. I think that’s one of the opportunities of theater."
Source 1 2 3 4 5
Very excited to see this play for the first time next month. What's the most meaningful live performance you've experienced?
- Amy Adams is in talks to star in The True American, which will be directed by Pablo Larrain (Jackie).
- Mark Ruffalo and Kumail Nanjiani are in talks to costar in the project, which has been in development for ages. Tom Hardy and Kathryn Bigelow were both attached at various points.
- This hasn't been finalized; she has to work out her schedule for promoting Sharp Objects.
- The True American is based on a book of the same name.
- Plot summary: Set in the days after 9/11, the story centers on Rais Bhuiyan, a Muslim immigrant who is attacked by American terrorist Mark Stroman.
Amy is coming for that Oscar, one way or another.
Chloe X Halle perform their new single "Happy Without Me" on Jimmy Kimmel Live from their debut album "The Kids Are Alright"
Source: X X
What are you listening to ONTD?
For Thursday, Smarch 22, 2018:
- The View reacts to Trump's lead attorney resigning
- Robin Williams alleged to have groped Mork & Mindy costar Pam Dawber on set
- Who went home on episode 10x01 of RuPaul's Drag Race?
- Former Playboy playmate Karen McDougal says Donald Trump compared her to Ivanka during their affair
- Why Are Music’s Alleged Abusers Still Thriving After #MeToo?
- Rosie O'Donnell celebrates turning 56 and having grey hair
- Christine Quinn calls Cynthia Nixon an "unqualified lesbian" lol
- Yesterday's Roundup
- Michael Showalter (The Big Sick, Wet Hot American Summer) will direct the upcoming untitled Universal holiday comedy starring Octavia Spencer and Jessica Chastain.
- Crazy Rich Asians writer Peter Chiarelli is writing the script, based on a treatment that Chastain co-wrote with Kelly Carmichael.
- Chastain's Freckle Films is co-producing.
- Dhruv Singh has been cast to star in the CBS comedy pilot Pandas in New York, from writer Ajay Sahgal.
- Plot summary: A family of Indian doctors in NYC attempt to arrange the life of their youngest son, Rishi (Singh), who has life plans of his own that involve working at a free clinic.
- Other cast members include Nisha Munshi, Hina Abdullah, Dan O’Brien, Bernard White and Gita Reddy.
- Panda is the last name of the family and name of the family practice - sadly, no actual pandas are involved in the making of this CBS pilot.
I only know Dhruv as DJ Blue Dream from a monthly UCB show about smoking pot, but I guess he's moving on up in the world! Hope it gets picked up.
From #SXSW 👉 Here's director @rianjohnson on whether fan reaction to #TheLastJedi is influencing the way he's approaching those new #StarWars movies he's working on, via @Fandango— ErikDavis (@ErikDavis) March 22, 2018
Full interview 👉 https://t.co/Qyrl85LAMn pic.twitter.com/LaUqWLvPEg
“I feel like every Star Wars thing that ever gets made has a big, loud response, because Star Wars fans are passionate, and that’s what makes them awesome... I don’t think it’s possible when you’re really telling a story you care about, and having it come from your heart — it’s just not possible to be intellectually processing, like, what everyone else wants, nor would it be a good thing, a healthy thing. I don’t think that’s a good way to tell a story.”
- Ali Wong and Randall Park are set to star in a Netflix rom-com, directed by Fresh Off the Boat showrunner Nahnatchka Khan.
- Plot summary: Childhood sweethearts who had a falling out reconnect fifteen years later. Sasha (Wong) is now a celebrity chef, and Marcus (Park) is a struggling musician living with his dad. Is there still a spark between them?[Spoiler (click to open)]Yes.
- Wong and Park teamed up with writer Michael Golamco on the script.
- Starts shooting in May, in Vancouver and San Francisco.
Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle are visiting Belfast today for their first official joint visit to Northern Ireland. pic.twitter.com/vzizD09LYF— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) March 23, 2018
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle showed up in Northern Ireland for an unexpected engagement today - the trip was not previously announced due to security reasons.
( Collapse )
Sources 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
The official music video for "Better With You" Directed by Jo Roy and starring Jesse McCartney and Danielle Campbell (The Originals).
Former Vampire Diaries writer details alleged on-set harassment https://t.co/pgdSQCI8Ew— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) March 22, 2018
Elisabeth R. Finch says she experienced abuse on the set of that series by a director :
▪ he called her a “cunt” and stroked and pinched her cheek.
▪ she endured inappropriate and unwanted touching from him.
▪ she had to listen to him make “lewd jokes about actresses’ bodies.”
▪ on the final day of the shoot, she admitted to Julie Plec (showrunner) that the director was “not nice.”
▪ the director did not work on The Vampire Diaries again after that.
After months of silence, Tumblr has publicly acknowledged that Russian trolls also used their platform to spread divisive memes and gifs, reportedly to the tune of hundreds of thousands of interactions https://t.co/V2zWGsd5Cz— WIRED (@WIRED) March 23, 2018
- Tumblr has finally released a list of accounts that were "connected to state-sponsored disinformation and propaganda campaigns."
- in a recent blog post, staff has stated that since last fall, they had uncovered 84 accounts associated with Russian propaganda site Internet Research Agency (IRA).
- "Democracy requires transparency and an informed electorate, and we take our responsibilities very seriously," Tumblr wrote in a brief introduction to the list. "We aggressively monitor Tumblr for signs of state-sponsored disinformation campaigns, and take the appropriate action when we uncover anything."
- many of the accounts linked were noted to focus on black issues and injustice, as well as police brutality. They also pushed anti-Clinton messages in support of Bernie Saunders.
- It's still unknown how many other accounts are still operated by Russian trolls.
- Tumblr has already sent out emails to people who have been in contact with said trolls, as well as deleting the accounts. They have also announced they would begin keeping a public record of accounts they believe to be associated with IRA and other propaganda groups, as well as alerting (via email) other users if they happen to reblog, like, respond to or follow a propaganda bot. Said accounts will also be deleted and their posts purged from the site.
did you follow the troll accounts, ontd? and how long before some 30 year old reylo stan accuses someone of being a troll bot because they don't like their ship?
- She shared this on Untucked
- Found it heart-breaking to discover that he "didn't play on her team".
- discussed other songs that are about exes as well
ONTD, did one of your exes ever turn out to be straight?
- Despite the pending Fox acquisition from Disney (that is still a terrible idea fyi), Noah Hawley says he's still going forward with his Doctor Doom solo film.
- “What’s interesting to me about Doom’s character is he’s the king of an Eastern European country and is there a version of this that is more of a political thriller that mixes genre?” Hawley said. “It’s something that Captain America [The Winter Soldier] did really well, which was kind of make a Cold War thriller movie out of a superhero movie. This is different than that, but it does have this idea of, and I don’t want to say too much about it, but it is a mixture of genres.”
- Hawley states that this movie is not meant to be a reboot / relaunch of a Fantastic Four film, per a mandate.
on the one hand, I'm intrigued, but on the other...
The much anticipated second season of our favourite Marvel heroine, Jessica Jones, premiered on 8th March to mixed reviews. Previously heralded as one of the best shows on Netflix, the second installment was met with decidedly less enthusiastic reactions. Poor character development and the lack of a good villain (especially when compared to David Tennant's Kilgrave) were two glaringly negative aspects. Let's take a closer look at what went wrong this season, and what the showrunners can do to improve on them.
WARNING: SPOILERS! Do not read if you haven't watched Season 2.
( Collapse )
Wording by me. Image sources:
5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1
Title pic source
In an interview given by the French magazine "le Film Français", the festival director Thierry Fremaux announced new bans for the 71st edition of the Cannes Festival. Selfies on the red carpet will be banned and Netflix movies will not be able to compete in the official competition.
About red carpet selfies: Fremaux has stated that the experience of the red carpet and festival has been interfered by "the untimely disorder created by the practice of selfies". Fremaux has also stated his distate for the act calling it "ridiculous and grotesque".
About Netflix movies: After last year's controversial decision to let Bong Jun-ho's Okja and Noah Baumbach’s The Meyerowitz Stories run in the official competition, Fremaux has announced that Netflix movies will only be able to be showed out of competition. The Cannes Festival director said he knew the decision was controversial but was afraid the established directors would premiere their movies at another festival.
Fremaux also thought that Netflix would bend their rules for the festival: "Last year, when we selected these two films, I thought I could convince Netflix to release them in cinemas. I was presumptuous, they refused." At the time, Netflix tried to secure temporary permits to screen the films for less than a week in France, day-and-date to their online releases. That move wasn't permitted because of France's strict chronology laws and the two sides couldn't reach an agreement. This resulted in the festival having to change their rules, the movies shown in competition will now require a theatrical release in France.
Source: 1 & 2
featured in Picnic At Hanging Rock (Peter Weir, 1975)
This sinister, eerie film about the disappearance of several schoolgirls is an Australian classic and basically invented Sophia Coppola's entire career. It was based on a novel by Joan Lindsay.
( Collapse )
What fictional school would you have liked to go to ONTD?
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Nate Parker is attached to direct Black & Blue, a feature based on the life of decorated LAPD detective Ralph Waddy.
Parker is rewriting a script originally penned by Jim McGrath.
Black & Blue will revolve around Ralph Waddy’s life, a true hero at the LAPD, during what was the most racially charged period in the city’s history as it dealt with the Watts riots, Robert Kennedy’s assassination at the Ambassador Hotel, the rise of the Black Panthers, the capture of the Skid Row Slasher and the Manson Murders
"Contain the Flame" - Upon the arrival of Batallion Chief Frankel, Jack begins his first shift as co-captain and continues to butt heads with Andy on leadership styles. Captain Pruitt has a difficult time following doctor’s orders and winds up back at the station to take on administrative duties. Meanwhile, the rest of the team at Station 19 responds to an attic fire at JJ’s apartment building and a call to a pool house party, on “Station 19,” Thursday, March 29th on ABC.
Kate Hudson is the face of La Mer's New Moisturizing Cool Gel Cream, and she joined beauty guru Desi Perkins to promote the brand and talk about the product, skin problems and Kate's make up routine. Desi asks Kate if she has any life regrets, and she says a few of the men she dated, styles she wore and getting a short hair cut without realizing she had curly hair.
( Collapse )
An epic story of love and war, intrigue, and betrayal. When Helen and Paris fall in love, they trigger a chain of events that threatens their families and the city of Troy.
Due to their captivating chemistry in the Call Me by Your Name movie, some fans have clamoured for a real-life romance between Hammer and Chalamet.
Some fans can’t seem to accept that both stars aren’t romantically involved
Armie shared a screenshot of a message he received from a fan about his relationship with Timothée.
( Collapse )
Who do you ship, ONTD?
They both refuse to placate the guilt and insecurities of their white readers. https://t.co/RGKn2YkZM4— OkayAfrica (@okayafrica) March 23, 2018
As part of the Women of the World Festival in London, Americanah author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Reni Eddo-Lodge, author of Why I'm No Longer Talking To White People About Race spent an hour talking about feminism and race in their writing.
Eddo-Lodge talks about getting pigeonholed as a writer for being outspoken; they talk about how non-white authors face a burden of representation. Both writers talk about how they do not cater to white readers who may be uncomfortable with their topics/portrayals.
Adichie talks about the effects of colonialism and how postcolonial countries were "set up to fail" due to lack of attention to ethnic groups and languages when dividing countries though also recognizing how local leaders have exacerbated existing problems.
Adichie also discussed her previous comments on trans women, for which she received backlash. She upholds her views, saying that trans women's experiences are different than cis women's. "How do we talk about the needs of trans-women if somehow the orthodoxy is that it's all the same?" she said.
Sources: 1, 2, 3
Deep Space Nine 25 years later: an oral history of the show that changed Star Trek
( Collapse )
Alexander Siddig and Andrew Robinson to reprise their roles as dr. Julian Bashir and Garak
( Collapse )
New Alexander Siddig interview
( Collapse )
ONTD Niners would you agree Benjamin Sisko is the best dad and will you find out what an MMORPG is to hear Andrew Robinson do the voice again
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
The Fox Movies website lists Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and Ryan Reynolds as the credited screenwriters
Deadpool 2 opens May 18.
( Collapse )
CHVRCHES performs an acoustic cover of “XO” (originally by Beyoncé) Live on the Honda Stage at Power Station.
April's crisis of faith is challenged by a patient she treats who is a rabbi, and Meredith treats a patient who is a transplant surgeon from another hospital, on “Grey's Anatomy,” Thursday, March 29th on ABC.
First of all Amber Rose Confirms 21 Savage Breakup:
“To be in a relationship is difficult, to be famous and in a relationship is even more difficult and then you end up arguing about things that you usually wouldn’t argue about as a normal person. I love him, I miss him, I think about him every day. I can’t say that I’m single because I still think about him every day. My heart is still with him. Hopefully, we can work it out but if we can’t—the love is still there.”
( Collapse )
- Scooby Doo's original theme song makes an appearance.
- The guys have to prevent Scooby from dying.
- Obviously, Dean, Shaggy and Scooby eat like crazy.
The Daily Mail says that "the nepotistically-privileged heiresses" Cara Delevingne and Paris Jackson were spotted kissing in Los Angeles.
( Collapse )