• A follow up to this post
. John Oliver
revealed the book, which was written by Jill Twiss
and credits the titular bunny as a co-author, on his weekly late-night show on Sunday. He described it as a mocking rebuke of the vice president’s longtime opposition to gay and transgender rights.
• “Marlon Bundo’s Day in the Life of the Vice President
,” is a picture book written by Mr. Pence’s daughter Charlotte that focuses on the bunny’s observations of the vice president, with illustrations by his wife, Karen. The other is “Last Week Tonight With John Oliver Presents a Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo
,” is a gay romance between two bunnies
• “Please buy it for your children, buy it for any child you know or buy it because you know it would annoy Mike Pence. This is a real book for children.”
• By Tuesday the book, which beat Ms. Pence’s to Amazon by two days, had risen to the No. 1 spot on the website’s best-seller list, knocking pre-ordered copies of the upcoming memoir by James Comey down to No. 2.
• In it, Marlon Bundo, a snappily dressed bunny with a penchant for bright bow ties, falls in love with a bespectacled boy bunny named Wesley. Things seem to be going pretty well for the two lovebirds (love bunnies?) until a powerful stinkbug who bears a striking resemblance to Mr. Pence decrees that male bunnies cannot marry each other.
• The tale also comes in the form of an audiobook voiced by a string of celebrities including Jim Parsons as Marlon Bundo and John Lithgow as the stinkbug, as well as Ellie Kemper, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and RuPaul.
• Charlotte Pence seemed to take the John Oliver parody in stride. “His book is contributing to charities that I think we can all get behind,” she said in an interview on Tuesday
. “We have two books giving to charities that are about bunnies, so I’m all for it really.”
• Some of the proceeds from her book will be donated to A21, an organization that fights human trafficking. Oliver said all of his book’s profits would be donated to The Trevor Project, a charity for L.G.B.T. youth, and AIDS United.( Collapse )ONTD, do you like bunnies and support their LGBTQ-ness?Sources: 1