- John Oliver goes over Pence's stance on LGBTQ people, including his public support for "Focus on the Family" organization which promotes conversion therapy
- The Pence family has a book out about the family bunny and Last Week Tonight decided to make a better book about Marlon Bundo falling in love with another male bunny! Proceeds of the Better Bundo Book A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo go to The Trevor Project and AIDS United.
- The Audible version of A Day in the Life features voices from Jim Parsons, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jeff Garlin, Ellie Kemper, John Lithgow, Jack McBrayer, and RuPaul! You can find more information and where to purchase at https://betterbundobook.com/
Tray (Tracy Morgan) is an ex-con who is shocked to see just how much the world has changed when he is released from prison for good behavior after a 15-year stint. Returning to his newly gentrified Brooklyn neighborhood, he discovers that his former girlfriend, Shay (Tiffany Haddish), has married an affable, successful white man (Ryan Gaul) who is helping raise the twins (Taylor Mosby and Dante Hoagland) Tray never knew existed. Wanting nothing more than to connect with his kids, but having neither the money to support them nor himself, Tray falls back on the skills he learned in prison to make ends meet while treading unfamiliar territory.
Camila Cabello has been pushed onstage by an unknown hater during her Lollapalooza Chile set. pic.twitter.com/EY950UhG7Z— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) March 18, 2018
Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac to star in J.C. Chandor's crime thriller https://t.co/ZWCywiPIXU— Variety (@Variety) March 19, 2018
- Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam, Pedro Pascal, Garrett Hedlund and Adria Arjona are all cast in J.C. Chandor's (A Most Violent Year) next film Triple Frontier.
- The film is a crime thriller where five old friends team up to take a drug lord down, at the "triple frontier" of Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil.
- Chandor will shoot from a script that he rewrote, initially written by Mark Boal (Zero Dark Thirty).
- Shooting in Hawaii starting March 26th.
- Netflix is producing the long-gestating project, having taken it over from Paramount.
Maybe Affleck's back tattoo will play a prominent role in this film?
Oscar winner Renée Zellweger will hopefully make her comeback in the upcoming biopic 'Judy', based on Garland during her final concert performances in London. Production just began and costars Jessie Buckley, Finn Wittrock, and Sir Michael Gambon.
Official synopsis of the movie, as released by the production company:
“Winter 1968 and showbiz legend Judy Garland arrives in Swinging London to perform in a sell-out run at The Talk of the Town. It is 30 years since she shot to global stardom in ‘The Wizard of Oz,’ but if her voice has weakened, its dramatic intensity has only grown. As she prepares for the show, battles with management, charms musicians, and reminisces with friends and adoring fans, her wit and warmth shine through.”
“Blockers”, directed by Kay Cannon
Three parents try to stop their daughters from having sex on Prom night.
Starring: Kathryn Newton, John Cena, Leslie Mann
Release Date: 6 April 2018
“You Were Never Really Here," Directed by Lynne Ramsay
A traumatized veteran, unafraid of violence, tracks down missing girls for a living. When a job spins out of control, Joe's nightmares overtake him as a conspiracy is uncovered leading to what may be his death trip or his awakening.
Starring: Joaquin Phoenix, Dante Pereira-Olson, Larry Canady
Release Date: 6 April 2018
“The Rider,” directed by Chloe Zhao
After suffering a near fatal head injury, a young cowboy undertakes a search for new identity and what it means to be a man in the heartland of America.
Starring: Brady Jandreau, Tim Jandreau, Lilly Jandreau
Release Date: 13 April 2018
( Collapse )
SOURCES 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
What woman-directed films you're looking forward to this year, ONTD? What have you seen so far?
All the main girls no the show (+Toni) have a sleepover probably because Cheryl rightfully suspects her mother and other new family member of trying to get rid of her in order to get their hands on her fortune.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
For Sunday, Smarch 18, 2018
- Weekend Box office: Black Panther spends a 5th week at #1
- model and host of 'Top Chef' Padma Lakshmi released a collection with MAC and it's great
- Eleven (Five) times movies used Britney Spears songs, ranked
- The Walking Dead 8x12 Promo + Viewing Thread
- Celebrities React to Austin City Package Bombings That Killed Two Black Males *UPDATE*
- Jack Antonoff spotted with model girlfriend Carlotta Kohl
Stevie Wonder defends coke king bruno mars who was accused of appropriating black culture. Wonder said, “God created music for all of us to enjoy. So we cannot limit ourselves by people’s fears and insecurities.”
“He’s a great talent, so all the other stuff is just bullshit,” Wonder added of pocket prince mars. “He was inspired by great musicians and great artists and songwriters. So that’s good.”
-is in Sydney for the Hillsong
-on-again, off-again boyfriend Justin Bieber is also a member of the church but was not present
(source 1 2 3 4)
(two weeks late, but we need some powerful WOC music posts to cleanse the spirit)
Sisterhood anthem of 2018. Prepare to be possessed by a goddess.
((TW for some references to sexual assault))
Do u dance with girls in the club, ONTD?
- Alec Baldwin linked, with sarcastic commentary, to an long article written about James Adomian. Adomian is an openly gay male comedian who does impressions of various political figures. This includes Bernie Sanders, who he performed opposite Anthony Atamanuik's (The President Show) Donald Trump across the country for the last couple of years.
- In the article, Adomian calls out Baldwin for being a bully who stole bits of Anthony Atamanuik's Trump impression for SNL. He also alleges that SNL is notorious for passing around audition tapes, and they are not the only show guilty of doing this.
- He also calls out SNL for not hiring openly gay cast members, because there have only been three in the show's history (Terry Sweeney, Kate McKinnon, and John Milheiser, who was not mentioned in the original article but added as a footnote), and suspects that is one of the reasons he was not hired on at SNL. He specifically points out that Lorne Michaels is the reason for the lack of gay representation, explaining that Lorne is afraid of alienating his audience with openly gay cast members.
Source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Read the article linked in the first tweet for even more info. I can't with this asshole.
*After about 16 years, Family Guy finally addressed why a baby from Rhode Island sounds like Rex Harrison.
*They also put forth the idea that the accent is all in Stewie's head and nobody else hears it.
*The episode also vaguely touched on Stewie's sexuality, as he expressed being comfortable with fluidity, heterosexuality, and the idea that he and Grant Gustin "would make the most adorable Instagram couple."
Source 1 Source 2
LoT hasn't officially been renewed for a fourth season yet but Matt Ryan's Constantine will return as a regular when it returns for the 2018-2019 season.
Well, Fiddy responded on IG by being as confused as we are by this.
will u write about your ass eating experiences on a memoir, ontd?
Trey Songz allegedly surrendered to LAPD this morning https://t.co/IXnYaefsXu— Pitchfork (@pitchfork) March 19, 2018
Trey Songz surrendered into LAPD custody this morning as he's facing a felony domestic violence charge for assaulting a woman named Andrea Buera at an NBA All-Star Weekend afterparty in February.
He allegedly called her names, choked her and repeatedly punched her until his security guard pulled him off of her. According to her lawyer, when she pulled out her phone to call an Uber to leave the party, he grabbed it from her, threw it off a cliff and then threw her second phone off the cliff as well. Andrea says she's still recovering from the symptoms of the concussion he gave her in the beating weeks later.
He turned himself in this morning after tweeting a statement about it:
For weeks my lawyers & Mgmt have asked me not to comment on this and I initially agreed but this morning I feel that my fam, the women that raised me, my friends & fans especially the youth need to hear from me. I am being lied on and falsely accused for someone’s personal gain— Trey Songz (@TreySongz) March 19, 2018
SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE
Here's a Megan round up. A few days ago she posted on her Instagram page a photo of her parents, showcasing where she got her insane good looks from.
( Collapse )
She also recently talked about Hollywood being morally corrupt and motherhood recently saying:
- Once you're done a movie they don't care if you drop dead, you're a commodity only
- She isn't a workaholic and wants to watch her kids grow up, feels that if you don't need to work why would you
- Doesn't do anything for her partner, wears lingerie and clothes for herself
- She eats organic and doesn't drink alcohol to stay fit and in shape
How do you stay gorgeous ONTD?
Some background: she's been a community activist herself for years, and is married to a community activist/organizer. She has a degree from Barnard, and is running as a Democrat on a progressive platform, and will not take corporate or PAC money.
Thoughts? She is actually hiring formidable and serious people to run her campaign, so this is one to watch.
On Monday, Disney will ask a Toronto court to seal details of its employment relationship with Weinstein. Those details could be central to a $14-million Toronto lawsuit filed by an actress and model who alleges Weinstein sexually assaulted her in 2000. https://t.co/dnwsM1b0qW— TorontoStar (@TorontoStar) March 19, 2018
- an actress known only as Jane Doe filed a lawsuit against Weinstein claiming that he sexually assaulted her in 2000. She further claims that Disney, who at the time owned Weinstein's Miramax company, should have known of Weinstein reputation as a serial abuser but "Disney did not take steps to overrule Miramax’s business decision to accommodate and facilitate Weinstein’s serial sexual assaults on young women in the workplace.”
- Disney has asked the Toronto court to seal any details of it's relationship with Weinstein, while claiming that they were unaware of Weinstein's reputation and had never heard of any allegations or lawsuits against him at the time.
- Disney had purchased Miramax in 1993 for $60 million dollars, and sold the company in 2010 $663 million. In that time, dozens of women, if not more, were subject to sexual assault, harassment, silencing and rape by Weinstein, who was outed in 2017 in a NYT publication by Ronan Farrow.
Donald Trump Jr reportedly had an affair with Aubrey O'Day when she appeared on Celebrity Apprentice https://t.co/kMMs60vfcQ— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) March 19, 2018
The Trump son who is getting divorced reportedly cheated on his wife in 2011 with Aubrey O'Day when she appeared on Celebrity Apprentice.
Trump Jr. aggressively pursued her and he told her he was in the process of separating from his wife.
When she responded to a follower after the election results came in who pointed out that she appeared on Trump's show after she tweeted she was embarrassed to be an American, Aubrey O'Day cryptically tweeted:
"No. my story I didn't tell is worth millions now ;) ...this doesn't hurt me, it hurts America. "
Celebrities often tweet about movies, TV and music that they are enjoying, but the responses to Love, Simon from gay celebrities have been especially touching. Author and former MTV VJ Dave Holmes tweeted about going to see the film in his hometown with his 85 year-old mother. Please read the rest of this thread, it's incredibly sweet.
I saw Love, Simon last night while I was home in St. Louis. Went to the Des Peres 4 Ciné, where I used to see movies when I was a kid. I wondered whether the young people who need to have this movie would show up and see it in public, in a chatty suburb where people know your biz— Dave Holmes (@DaveHolmes) March 19, 2018
( Collapse )
Source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Did you see Love, Simon, ONTD? What did you think? If I missed any gay celebs who tweeted about the movie, lmk and I will add them to the post.
Exclusive: Lawsuit accuses celebrity chef Mike Isabella of repeated sexual harassment and retaliation https://t.co/cuXaVDzYnP— Washington Post (@washingtonpost) 19 March 2018
-Celebrity chef Mike Isabella has been accused of sexual harassment by one of his former top managers.
-Chloe Caras filed a lawsuit in D.C. Superior Court, asking for “$4 million in damages” from Isabella and his business partners for verbal and physical harassment.
-Caras states that Isabella (and his partners) called her a “bitch” and a “whore,” commented on her buttocks, and touched her without her consent. She claims that Isabella “grabbed her hair and pantomimed sex”.
-A former pastry sous chef Sara Hancock corroborated the atmosphere and said Isabella kissed her cheek in the kitchen and made the workplace a “frat house.”
Source 1 2
Isabella has 11 restaurants in the DMV area. The stories about him have been around a long time....
-Finn Wolfhard (Mike), Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven), Gaten Matarazzo (Dustin), Caleb McLaughlin (Lucas), Winona Ryder (Joyce) and David Harbour (Sheriff Hopper) are all getting some raises that will get them out from the Upside Down!
-While the Winona and David will be getting 200k per episode, it is being reported that the kids will be going from $30k per episode all the way up to $150k per episode!
-Millie Bobbi Brown who is the breakout actor/character on the show got even higher raise then her co-stars though the figure is unknown.
-Sadly it seems that for now Noah Schnapp (Will), Natalia Dyer (Nancy), Charlie Heaton (Jonathan) and Joe Keery (Steve) will be stuck in the upside down. They either havent gotten raises or their raises won't be nearly as substantial as the rest of the cast.
( Collapse )
Initially she would break things around the house but then realized it was her own stuff.
She burned his expensive designer clothes.
Texted him that she was doing it in order from least to most expensive.
-The Killers sang Wonderwall as a tribute to Liam Gallagher, who cut his set short because of a severe chest infection
-Brandon calls Liam "His King" multiple times and says this cover is not meant to disparage anything Liam has done
-Brandon gets through the piano-less piano solo by making some "woooo-ooooh-oooh" sounds
Source 1 / Source 2
ONTD, who's your King?
A source close to the situation emphasized to Variety that there was “no disharmony” in the move, that the four are all still the best of friends, but wanted to be able to embrace the multitude of solo opportunities they have been offered.
- Ally Brooke signed as a solo artist with Larry Rudolph, who also manages Fifth Harmony and Britney Spears (under Maverick);
- Lauren signed a solo deal with Columbia in January and will also be managed by Maverick;
- Dinah Jane, like Hernandez and Jauregui, is signed as a solo artist with Maverick;
- Of the four, only Normani, who is managed by Brandon Silverstein, is not managed by Rudolph; Silverstein’s company, S10, announced a partnership with Roc Nation last week. There are rumors that she is already signed as a solo artist with RCA or Interscope.
#TheFaultInOurStars remake will be directed by well known casting director Mukesh Chhabra and star Sushant Singh Rajput in the lead.— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) October 6, 2017
The wait ends... Fox Star Studios and Mukesh Chhabra finalize the leading lady opposite Sushant Singh Rajput for the Hindi adapation of the Hollywood blockbuster #TheFaultInOurStars... Sanjana Sanghi... Mukesh Chhabra directs the film. pic.twitter.com/ydyV5ouJL7— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) March 19, 2018
- Leads are Sushant Singh Rajput and newcomer Sanjana Sanghi
- Casting director Mukesh Chabbra is directing it
- A R Rahman is composing the music (😭)
Is the industry officially out of ideas? Yes.
This Halloween, Jamie Lee returns as Laurie Strode for a new Halloween in the iconic series. However, fans were divided learning that the new movie will ignore all sequels even Halloween 2 , which is regarded as one of the watchable ones along with H20. Danielle Harris, who played Jamie Lloyd, may or may not be unhappy about not being in it.
"The Halloween franchise has kind of become a little bit of like choose your own adventure, you know, like there’s some many different versions, and the timeline is so mixed up, we just thought it would be easier to go back to the source and continue from there," McBride said.
"It was nicer than knowing you’re working on Halloween 11, it just seemed cooler, ‘We’re making Halloween 2.‘ We do [reference the other movies]. For fans, we pay homage and respect to every Halloween that has been out there.”
Will we get little Shamrock masks from Season of The Witch? Will Josh Hartnett make a cameo?? Or will Dr. Loomis get shown in a headline from a newspaper? The easter eggs are kept under wraps for now but will be revealed when movie opens October 19, 2018.
SEEING DOUBLE — When Ava (guest star Jes Macallan) disappears, Sara (Caity Lotz) and Ray (Brandon Routh) set out to find her after some prodding from Time Bureau agent Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman) and a disturbing truth about Ava. Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) tasks Zari (Tala Ashe) with helping train Rory (Dominic Purcell) in controlling his own Totem power. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) set out on a mission that goes awry when they pair with an unlikely person to try and get a Totem. Dean Choe directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Daphne Miles (#316). Original airdate 3/26/2018.
Ailee performs I Will Show You (Remix) at the Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony. pic.twitter.com/kBPuPRmqBT— . (@jojosvocals) March 19, 2018
Ailee is Korean-American and the best vocalist in k-pop. She sang an EDM remix of I Will Show You before closing things off with a duet alongside Bae Hui Gwan Band, a band made up of members with disabilities.
( Collapse )
Source 1 2, 3
Glamour magazine took issue with that however, with the writer's personal anecdote being used to argue that scars much like other features in one's physical appearence are natural and one shouldn't be deemed "brave" (as selena was) for showing a part of their body if they're out and about living life.
The writer emphasizes, that "It assumes we're all taking some sort of stance by not hiding—our weight, our scars, or whatever's been labeled unacceptable this week—under eight layers of clothing." as they take a dig at the media in our society today for suggesting that scars should be kept hidden and one is a "hero" for showing up in public with them on display.
Do you think the media is still ridiculous and crap in their coverage of women, ONTD?
After his breakup with Gigi Hadid, Zayn Malik is moving into a bachelor pad of his own (for a cool $10.7 million): https://t.co/5C2BWB0fV8— E! News (@enews) March 19, 2018
Zayn moved into a new bachelor pad of $10.7 mil in NYC. It's a penthouse in Soho. Some of the features include but are not limited to being more than 3,500 square feet having 12-foot ceilings. It also has a balcony that exceeds 1,000 square feet and offers views of the neighborhood's Cast Iron Historic District.
What's your current real estate / living situation ONTD ?
Melissa McCarthy will also star in the comic book adaptation.
"Set in in Hell's Kitchen, New York, in the 1970s, Kitchen follows the wives of Irish mobsters, who end up taking over and running the business after the FBI does a sweep of the mafia, and several men are arrested. "
Just click the tweet and it will take you to the VH1 Player and sissy that walk! Season X premieres this THURS at 8/7c on VH1, bishes!