Youtuber and enemy of Halsey, Christine Sydelko split with her vlogging partner Elijah at the beginning of the year. Elijah has been insisting that the split was mutual and that he needed more creative space to pursue his music, but Christine has made it clear that it was her decision.
ngl it’s literally all Elijah’s fault. He said he’d handle merch then ignored all his responsibilities and didn’t fulfill orders so now that I’m finally on my own I went with an actual merch company who will actually do their jobs so you can actually get what you paid for 🤷♀️ https://t.co/VrbndhfcOa— Christine Sydelko (@csydelko) March 6, 2018
She recently announced her upcoming merch launch on twitter and some of her fans were concerned about problems with order fulfillment they'd had when ordering merch from Christine and Elijah in the past. Christine responded to one of the fans.
( Collapse )
I know this is sounds shady but I literally don’t care anymore I’m not gonna sit here and let people think I scammed them when I was screwed over too https://t.co/Oy8dNUlcEa— Christine Sydelko (@csydelko) March 6, 2018
SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE
ONTD, do you expect to receive the products you pay for?
Tensions remain high when the firm learns another Chicago lawyer has been murdered by a client. Liz has her first day at Reddick, Boseman and Lockhart and positions herself as a potential ally for Diane. Maia’s trial takes an unwelcome turn when a surprise witness is called to testify against her. Lucca and Colin go head-to-head in court. Denis O’Hare, Helene Yorke, Bernadette Peters and Paul Guilfoyle guest star. Episode 202 will be available to stream on Sunday, March 11th.
- Full-length trailer for the new Netflix original series and double-reboot, Lost in Space
- Stars Molly Parker, Toby Stephens, and Parker Posey
- Premieres April 13
Rotten Tomatoes, long running and long misunderstood review aggregation site, cleaned itself up after ninteen years.
The icons are now using that rather flat and bright style that emojis are rockin' these days on platforms like twitter.
The team made changes based upon the feedback of certain users they polled.
source | 2
I dig the icons...not the website so much.
Take My Wife, the comedy series that takes a fictionalized look at the lives of married lady stand-up comedians Rhea Butcher and Cameron Esposito, has finally released its second season. It was filmed and ready for release last year, but its fate was thrown into limbo when the NBC-owned streaming platform SeeSo closed up shop in August. Both seasons of the show are now available to buy on iTunes. Series co-creator and star Cameron Esposito tweeted these facts about it last year when it was looking for a home:
( Collapse )
I never watched the show, but I like Cam and Rhea, and I am very happy it has found a home! Now, if only someone would #BuyBajillion...
Source 1 2 3 4 5
In another news from KKK-pop, Canadian and US educated member Wendy from K-Pop girl group Red Velvet showcasted her "talent" for imitating white and black races. It's not the first time Miss Wendy does this. In 2014, she imitated black men and claimed "For black men, because they're like gangsters, they're like…," (before mimicking black guys' ghetto stereotype moves).
( Collapse )
sources: 1, 2, 3
Ruthie Ann Miles and a friend were walking with their children at an intersection when a car driven by a 44-year-old Staten Island woman allegedly ran a red light and struck them. Witnesses said the car dragged the stroller for a block. https://t.co/frGy0b123O— Star-Advertiser (@StarAdvertiser) March 6, 2018
Tony-winning actress Ruthie Ann Miles was walking with her four year old daughter, her friend Lauren Lew and her one year old child in Park Slope when they were struck by a car that ran a red light. Both children were killed and Ruthie, who is pregnant, is currently fighting for her life.
( Collapse )
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Each morning I pray to set aside everything I THINK I know, so I may have an open mind and a new experience. I understand and regret the hurt I have caused. The trans community are heroes of our shared LGBTQ movement. You are my teachers. pic.twitter.com/80Qi2halN2— RuPaul (@RuPaul) March 5, 2018
The show is finally back this week! While the core four go out to a romantic getaway at a cabin in the woods (unfortunately, no hopes of Jason stalking the surrounding area), other people manage to get screentime too. Like Cheryl making a connection with Toni which will probably piss off Penelope, who probably wants her to shack up with a Blossom cousin. Or Kevin and Josie dealing with their parents hooking up in shady motels. And FP probably throws a party because his son is gone (or to have a Southside-esque town meeting about the eviction but let me pretend otehrwise)!
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
💊 She did not expect the reaction, she knew launching vitamins was going to be risky but she was ready to take on a challenge. She says the accusations made people scared of taking the vitamins. She’s working with biochemists and physicians and not just a quick google search (lol).
💊Maintained her channel differently, and doesn’t do sponsorships or tell people to use her code like the others, her main goal is to gain her viewers’ trust (lol x2) and to make them feel beautiful. She says her brand is not going away, it’s already a success. She’s planning to extend it to skincare etc.
💊She says most of us have an unhealthy diet and need supplements (she has struggled with a lot in her 20s and supplements helped her to get healthy)
💊She’s putting something therapeutic (what) in her vitamins that others aren’t and that’s why it costs more. The skin on her feet is softer because of it.
The shipping still costs $50.
For Monday, Smarch 5, 2018:
- Full Oscars 2018 Winners List
- Seth MacFarlane: "Another big problem with the Oscars: It’s 99% drama."
- The most DRAMATIC Bachelor Finale eva
- Sandra Bullock used a sharpie to make her son's legos appear brown
- Amber Tamblyn under fire for blasting Hasidic Jews on Twitter
- Donya Fiorentino Is (Rightfully) Not Happy With Gary Oldman's Oscar Win
- I am what I am, I do what I want as Roswell reboot finishes casting lead roles
- Lee Pace Officially Comes Out via Twitter
- Yesterday's Roundup
The theme of tonight's episode of Drunk History is Drunk Mystery. It will feature Georgia Hardstark (of the My Favorite Murder podcast), Kyle Mooney and Alison Rich narrating, and Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons, Taran Killam, and Vanessa Bayer playing the historical roles. They will be discussing Agatha Christie's disappearance, the Circleville letters, and America's only unsolved airplane hijacking.
( Collapse )
Source 1 2 3 4
– Eighteen year old Sophia robb snapped her retainer by clenching her jaw really hard when she saw Black Panther in theaters. After noticing a tweet that went viral containing screenshots of the story on Tumblr, she zoomed in on the avatar and noticed it was her orthodonist sharing the story online. Buzzfeed contacted her after her tweet reached hundreds of thousands of likes.
– Sophia: "So it was the scene where Killmonger took his shirt off for the battle to become king of Wakanda. I pressed my tongue against my permanent retainer and clenched my jaw so hard that the wire disconnected from my teeth."
– She was scared she would embarass herself when explaining what happened but felt okay after she got to the office: "When I told them they laughed, obviously, but it was super sweet and of course it made a great story."
– Buzzfeed asked the orthodonist Robb if he'd breached any sort of confidentiality but he said he didn't reveal any horrifying details: "I think people who are like 'you exposed yourself' are hilarious because of course I did! It’s a funny story and I’m not embarrassed about it. If anything it speaks to how great of a movie Black Panther is."
– People have been laughing and reacting to Sophia's story, asking if she still plans on going to that orthodontist. "yes he's a real one."
– Sophia is biracial has seen Black Panther twice because it's amazing seeing a screen full of black actors. "It honestly was worth breaking my retainer over."
– UPDATE: Jordan responded on his twitter below.
Wait. That girl is me. That is my orthodontist’s tumblr. This is a post about me? I’m going to kill myself https://t.co/ErDqESPrWj— Sophia (@pixyrue) March 5, 2018
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
ONTD, do you have any #relatable thirst stories? Has anyone ever shared accounts about you online?
"Whereas #BlackPanther is a sci-fi reimagining of Africa, 'Children of Blood and Bone' is a fantasy reimagining. They're brother and sister." The YA novel will be released this week https://t.co/GvJQUADIsN— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) March 6, 2018
- Nigerian-American author Tomi Adeyemi's debut Children of Blood and Bone draws from West African mythology, telling the story of the main character's restoration of magic to her kingdom
- She says that the success of Black Panther has made it easier to talk about her work for a quick pitch: "But for the adult crossover audience, I didn't have my easy, neat pitch. The closest thing I landed on was "African Game of Thrones," but it's like, I have a lot of problems with how things are handled in Game of Thrones, especially with people of colour and women [...] So now it's like, thank God [I can pitch it as] "Black Panther with magic." Whereas Black Panther is a sci-fi reimagining of Africa, Children of Blood and Bone is a fantasy reimagining."
- Adeyemi sold the rights to Children of Blood and Bone for around seven figures, which is very high for a YA debut
- She hopes that the film will have a black director but says that the script has to be completed first
source 1, 2
What fantasy books have you been reading lately, ONTD? Which series would you like to see get a film adapation?
Everyone's least favorite Stranger Things breakout star was recently profiled by Essential Homme/L'Officiel Hommes NL magazine and had some interesting things to say about his newfound fame.
After Diabla Blanca announced the next single Delicate off her album rePUTAtaion would be directed by disgraced music video director Joseph Kahn. Swifties were enraged and took their anger onto social media. Every Becky and MacKynzie halted their shopping excursion at Claires, took their phones out and posted demands that Kahn not fuck up Diabla Blanca's only tolerable song from her shitty album. Problematic Kahn retorted with:
Rewatching OUT OF THE WOODS. Goddammit what was I thinking with that lightsaber fight? Didn't fit the song at all.— Joseph Kahn (@JosephKahn) March 5, 2018
Kahn was bombarded with tweets about the delicate video since then he has posted a slew of embarassing tweets. This is nothing new to Kahn who has posted disgusting and problematic tweets about his obsession with Taylor and the shooting at Parkland. Taylor who doesn't care who her fans bully is currently rehearsing for her poor selling Republican world tour.
source= https://twitter.com/NME/status/970977553795239936 & https://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/970739640016691201
Brad Pitt told Tiffany Haddish he'll date her in a year if she's still single https://t.co/Po1OYpLF7x— Metro (@MetroUK) March 6, 2018
Tiffany Haddish, who you might've seen from the groupon commercials. Haddish who isn't one to shy away from her encounter with celebrities had this to say, "I just met [Brad] in the elevator! He said in one year if he’s single and I’m single, we gonna do it, so you know what that means…’ ‘But he do got seven kids, I don’t know if I could deal with a man that’s got that many kids,’ Haddish added.
Chelsea is on to talk politics and promote her new children's book 'She Persisted Around the World'. Topics discussed today!
-Stop worrying about Hillary and do your job (lmao)
-Gun control/Parkland shooting and the idea to arm teachers - brings up research on more guns = more gun violence
-Megan tries it with Chelsea asking what Republicans see in Trump with 85% approval rating that Democrats don't see but Chelsea shuts it down nicely.
-says Ivanka should be expected to answer any question about the White House because she works at the White House
-talks about why she highlighted JK Rowling and Brazilian soccer player Sisleide do Amor Lima in her book
( Collapse )
SOURCE 1 2 3 4 5
Did everyone see the interviews Sam Nunberg did yesterday? DRAMA. I was screaming in my car listening to him on MSNBC on my way home. Excited to hear that maybe Roger Stone's disgusting self is being dragged into this mwuahahaha
- Daniel Kaluuya wore Fenty foundation for his first trip to the Academy Awards and it's made a lot of headlines.
- Billboard interviewed his makeup artist, who emphasized the importance of hydrated skin.
- But hydrated skin isn't enough, of course; in addition to the foundation, there was toner, balm, peel pads, eye-depuffer, liquid lift, etc, etc it's a whole thing. Read the article for the detailed list of products.
Makeup + Daniel Kaluuya appreciation post.
Source 1 2 3 4
I won't let this continue to be a distraction or stand in the way of the LGBT+ panel's success. pic.twitter.com/O89Uz4CmS9— Munroe Bergdorf 🌹🌹 (@MunroeBergdorf) March 6, 2018
- this morning, trans model Munroe Bergdorf announced that she has stepped down as a labour lgbt adviser. this occurred after her previous history of homophobic and misogynistic tweets had been revealed
- in her statement, bergdorf blames the online abuse she has received and her treatment in the right-wing press: "I wanted my appointment to be something positive and exciting for the community, but instead it has turned into nasty tabloid fodder."
- she does not want controversies around her to negatively affect labour or the upcoming gender recognition act. debates have also been circulating within the labour party about a statement to be approved by its national executive committee about whether self-identifying trans women will be included on labour's all-women shortlists for parliamentary elections
source 1, 2
Just ahead of International Women's Day, Mattel has released a slew of new dolls based on inspiring women from around the world. Three of these dolls will be part of Mattel's upcoming "Inspiring Women" Signature Collection line, which will feature dolls inspired by women throughout history. The rest are part of Mattel's "Shero" campaign; most of the "Shero" dolls that Mattel creates are not sold to the public but are OOAK creations designed to highlight women in various professions. However, in the past Mattel has released some of the more popular "Shero" dolls (such as Misty Copeland and Gabby Douglas) for public sale, so don't rule out seeing at least one of them for sale in the future.
Pictures & release dates for the Inspiring Women below the cut!
❗️IMPORTANT - please read AND share!!— Gary Oldman Web 🌐 (@GaryOldmanWeb) March 5, 2018
Gulliver Oldman's statment about the totally false allegations against his father Gary Oldman. It saddens us he had to write this, but hopefully he'll be heard and understood.https://t.co/JKIDGiR793 pic.twitter.com/POJu8bUhTN
Sigh. So Gary Oldman's son Gulliver (one of his children with Donya Fiorentino) wrote a letter defending and glorifying his shithole father, and trashing his mother completely (calling her a liar for alleging Gary tried to kill her back in 2001). The full letter can be read above.
A quote about his mother: “She has been a sad and very troubled person most of her life… This lie, all of her lies, things she has been perpetuating and living in as ‘her truth,’ all of this has brought about so much pain and hardship for my father and for all us, his family united.”
– Steven Spielberg's upcoming Ready Player One based on the best-selling book is going full creative bankruptcy with its marketing, recreating classic posters.
– Set in the year 2045, civilization is in chaos and on the brink of collapse, but everyone finds escapism in the mass virtual reality simulation the OASIS.
– Since it takes place in our world, the people in the OASIS recreate their favorite pop culture artifacts, characters, and moments, largely from the 80's. Homages include Back to the Future, The Iron Giant, The Matrix, much more etc., and Tracer from Overwatch is there.
– The film releases March 29th.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
ONTD, have you ever based your personality entirely on the content you consume?
Sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Schitt's Creek has been renewed for another season (5th) to air in 2019.
- Ratings have held steady but the show has gotten more popular due to Netflix.
- The network has ordered 14 episodes, up from the usual 13. (CHRISTMAS SPECIAL?!)
- There's a new episode tonight!
- THEY BETTER GIMME MORE DAVID/PATRICK!!!
YASSSSSS!!! Somebody call an ambulance for my sis stewie_e!!!
This is too much :( https://t.co/xiI1CNMVrh— Metro Entertainment (@Metro_Ents) March 6, 2018
Mel C confirms Victoria Beckham has gone off the Spice Girls reunion: ‘It’s not something she wants to do’. She added that there won’t be any new music and there are currently no plans to go on tour.
Following up on this post from yesterday, here is another batch of photos from the Vanity Fair Oscar Party Portrait Studio. First up is a group photo of black celebrities and creatives: Regina Hall, Donald Glover, Tracee Ellis Ross, Ava DuVernay, Sarah Jones, Rashida Jones, Lena Waithe, Dr. Ivara Esege, Marianne Jean Baptiste, Angela Bassett, Chimamanda Adichie, Shonda Rhimes, Mark Bradford, DeRay Mckesson, Gabrielle Union, Chuck Lightning, and Janelle Monae.
( Collapse )
Source: Vanity Fair's Instagram 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Lana took her fashion cue from the Oscar statue, glittering in a gold dress surrounded by her new (?) pals, the HAIM sisters.
( Collapse )
Source 1: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf9ijrkhzjL/?taken-by=lanadelrey
Source 2: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf7iAK9BMu7
Source 3: https://twitter.com/DelReyLatest/status/970521411197505536
Source 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcrEnvyw-Pw
A fan met Alex Turner this week and confirmed new music is coming 'soon.' And that the beard is alive and well.
They also announced a few European shows:
( Collapse )
What's your fav Arctic Monkeys song?
David Byrne made an instagram post thanking all 25 of his collaborators on his upcoming album. Fans quickly noticed that there were no women involved.
He followed up with an instagram posting explaining that he regrets not hiring any women to work on his album and he didn't think he was part of the problem but he now realizes he is in some ways.
( Collapse )
-Follow up to this casting post.
-Michael Trevino joins the Roswell reboot as Kyle Valenti, son of the town sheriff and former flame of Liz Parker.
- First official trailer for "Tully," directed by Jason Reitman and written by Diablo Cody
- About an overwhelmed mom who gets a night nanny... and then catches feels
- Stars Charlize Theron, Mark Duplass, and Mackenzie Davis
- In theaters April 20, 2018
- The superior Nixon and one of the better left-wing celeb activists has been rumored as a challenger to Cuomo for some time, and has previously not refuted it, saying "I have heard those rumors. I've heard them. I've read them." She's also recently advocated for more and better Democrats to run for office this year.
- Reports today say that she's close to launching a progressive challenge to Gov. Cuomo. No word on Sarah Jessica Parker's reaction.
- Nixon has been a longtime public education activist, having been arrested for protesting public school budget cuts in 2002 (her wife also used to be director of the Alliance for Quality Education), and has previously campaigned for same-sex marriage and reproductive rights.
Here’s who Robert Smith is bringing to his Meltdown festival https://t.co/YY531LyjNx— Pitchfork (@pitchfork) March 6, 2018
Last month, it was announced that Robert Smith of The Cure would be selecting a lineup for the Meltdown Festival. Well, now the lineup is here!
The performers include Nine Inch Nails, My Bloody Valentine, Mogwai, the Libertines, Deftones, Placebo, The Church, The Psychedelic Furs, Manic Street Preachers, and many more!
Robert Smith says, "As each shimmering piece falls into place, I pinch myself - this is really happening... And the complete picture will undoubtedly be out of this world!"
ONTD, are you pinching yourself about any festival lineups?
Everyone knows the best way to end a trilogy is to finally figure out what the trilogy should have been the whole time. - it's Thor: Ragnarok
After clearing his name, Luke Cage has become a celebrity on the streets of Harlem with a reputation as bulletproof as his skin. But being so visible has only increased his need to protect the community and find the limits of who he can and can’t save. With the rise of a formidable new foe, Luke is forced to confront the fine line that separates a hero from a villain. Premieres June 22nd
Over the weekend, frontman of The Killers, Brandon Flowers, debuted a new lewk. Western cowboy meets a bedazzler gun and sparklin’ sheik - BFlow was looking like a snack performing hits like "Shot at the Night" and a Sam's Town favorite "Bones." Check out more photos and a video behind the cut.
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3
The song was first released last year for International Women's Day (with proceeds going to Women for Women International) alongside this message:
"You Are the Problem Here" isn't a typical First Aid Kit-song. It's angry and direct. It's a song written out of despair. After reading about yet another rape case where the perpetrator was handed a sentence which did not at all reflect the severity of his crime we felt upset and vengeful. We were, and are, sick of living in a society where the victims of rape are often blamed for the horrible thing that has been done to them. Our message is clear and should not be controversial in the least: if you rape, you are the problem. Alcohol is not the problem. So called "youth culture" is not the problem. You are. And you always have a choice.
For this year's IWD, the girls have posted a live version to their YouTube channel. Support the song here. And don't forget to stream/buy 'Ruins'!
'and i-i-i-i-i-i hope you fucking suffer'
Stemming from the sexual assault allegations on Aziz Ansari (see this post, which sources a piece that was poorly covered by babe.net), the article digs into a conversation that dips its toes into the "grey area" of sexual harassment.
( Collapse )
Demi Lovato tweets about singing "Sorry Not Sorry" directly to 'notorious bully' Perez Hilton. pic.twitter.com/dMVdMKQXJA— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) March 6, 2018
Demi Lovato tweeted about being able to sing "Sorry Not Sorry" to "one of USA's most notorious bullies. Fans easily figured out who she was talking about.
He posted a video on Twitter about it where he says she was saying things that weren't supposed to make him feel good so she seems like the bully. He then goes on to say she has a lot of issues because he's unable to stop himself from being an awful human being for even a single minute:
"Demi Lovato has a lot of issues. From her bipolar issue, to her addiction issue, substance abuse, to her food issues, to her place in Hollywood. "She's not Taylor Swift. She's not Selena Gomez. And it must not be easy for her."
.@DDLovato claims to be an anti-bullying activist. But she sure is coming across like a bully to me! This is my response to her tweets against me! Watch this video in full HERE: https://t.co/lxqX65aEik pic.twitter.com/xFnJgDWRDZ— Perez (@ThePerezHilton) March 6, 2018
Ariana Grande went to Madonna's Oscar Party with Mac Miller (rapper/singer, best known as Ari's bf since 2016). Her hair was styled by freelance hair stylist Josh Liu. The last time Ariana Grande was photographed in public was 6 months ago at the Charlottesville benefit concert.
( Collapse )
Sources: Ari fan Twitter (1, 2), Josh Liu Instagram (1, 2), Reebok Instagram, Ariana x Reebok
I loooove her look, white hair and all. She's a qt pie
Jimmy also aired a clip of Katy during an American Idol audition where we learn that she's been spending way too much time on stan twitter:
when you unexpectedly find a stan in the mix of locals and have an instant connection pic.twitter.com/h5IZJH40UT— rahim (@hoIdingmeback) March 6, 2018
Oprah Talks Getting Turned Down for 'Doubt' Movie Role https://t.co/cfVtTdFNhN— TMZ (@TMZ) March 6, 2018
Stalker papz in NYC asked Oprah this week if she was ever turned down for a role, and Oprah said it was Viola Davis's short and incredible role in 'Doubt', which not only her breakout role, but got her her first Oscar nomination for just one scene.