Want to attend Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding? The couple just announced how they will pick over 2,000 people to watch the arrivals at Windsor Castle! https://t.co/Qnmru1p83j— JustJared.com (@JustJared) March 2, 2018
A selected group of 2,460 members of the public will be invited onto the grounds of Windsor Castle during the wedding to watch the bride, groom, and guests arrive.
( Collapse )
- Doug Jones has been the Silver Surfer ("Fantastic Four; Rise of the Silver Surfer"), the Thin Clown ("Batman Returns"), That Latenight Moon Head Piano Player for the old McDonald's Commercial, The Faun ("Pan's Labrynth"), and the Fish Man ("The Shape of Water")
- For no reason I can imagine whatsoever, he has not been nominated for any accolades for Shape of Water.
- Used to be a mime!
- He's in Star Trek Discovery!
What is your favorite role of his? What other actors do you like who you don't see half the time (lbr there's only like three other choices).
Music video by The Weeknd, Kendrick Lamar performing Pray For Me from Black Panther The Album.
Jennifer Lawrence said Amy Schumer told her she was going to 'die alone' after she split from Darren Aronofsky: https://t.co/1ntQVrUqBy— Us Weekly (@usweekly) March 2, 2018
“When Darren and I first broke up. I told [Amy] and I was really sad,” Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence said.
“The next day I got a bouquet of flowers delivered and I said, ‘What is this?’” she continued. “I bring the bouquet of flowers in and there was a note that says, ‘I’m so sorry to hear you’re gonna die alone. Love, Amy.'” Lawrence added.
Last month, Jennifer admitted that she still loves Darren during an interview.
When not going to sex shops with her fiance from spy kids. M Train has what seems to be a career as singer(?) Here's M Train performing her kidz bop single No Excuses on Ellen. Check out the video treatment for her song, its Robin Sparkles Let's Go To The Mall 2018.
Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway Will Present Best Picture Award ... Again https://t.co/eiz6mFLss5— TMZ (@TMZ) March 2, 2018
Because the Academy's clearly lost their minds, or still feel guilty and want to pay retribution to the pair, Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway will once again be announcing the Best Picture at this Sunday's Oscars. According to TMZ they're already in rehearsals for it.
Some quotes from their speech: "Presenting is better the second time around," Beatty followed up with, "The winner is 'Gone with the Wind.'"
- Akuarel launches soon, and has been in development by April Reign since 2016.
- Looking for talent (so go apply, ONTDers of Color) and stakeholders.
- Studios and Industry Pros must pay a fee to access the site (Which means they probably won't).
- The article mentions the continual fuckery of the live action Aladdin movie browning up extras.
I hope this takes off.
( Collapse )
- Pharrell is creating a clothing line for Adidas inspired by "Holi"
- Ranveer is also the face of the Adidas India, therefore, Ranveer is hosting the event.
(Fun fact: Ranveer is also about to feature in a film where he plays a rapper. 🙄
- Are Bollywood stars always this cringy with Hollywood celebs? Yes. Check the Ed Sheeran after party.)
Happy Holi to those that celebrate!
Source: 1 2 3 4 5
- The 32-episode order makes Minhaj the first Indian-American to host a weekly comedy show
- Netflix describes it as an opportunity for the comedian to explore the modern cultural and political landscapes with depth and sincerity
- There was a bidding war between Comedy Central and Netflix, which the latter obviously outbid
- Netflix wants to expand its footprint in major global markets, including India
we're oversaturated in left-leaning male talk show hosts but his netflix special was incredible so i am still hft
For Thursday, Smarch 1, 2018:
- People were excited about YouTube beauty guru Tati's brand until they found out what her product is
- MoviePass Reinstating Ticket Stub Photo Requirement
- 'Scandal' and 'How to Get Away Murder' crossover is TONIGHT(last night)
- Amandla Stenberg Explains Why She Dropped Out Of 'Black Panther' Casting
- Yesterday's Roundup
A HOUSE DIVIDED — In the aftermath of Hiram’s newly announced plans for Riverdale (gentrification??), Jughead resorts to drastic measures to voice his opposition like possibly chaining himself to a fence.
After making her own big announcement about running for mayor, Hermoine’s friend Andy Cohen (guest star Andy Cohen) comes to town to lend a hand.
Meanwhile, Veronica goes against her parent’s wishes to keep a low profile when she decides to run for student council president.
Elsewhere, Mary arrives in Riverdale just as tensions between Fred and Archie reach a breaking point.
Finally, following a series of mysterious events, Cheryl begins to fear that someone is out to get her probably like when she made Josie feel the same with a pig heart and notes.
Directed by Sherwin Shilati and written by James DeWille
With the hiatus nearing its end, RAS has fired up his twitter fingers and released more stills
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
A handful of Hollywood men have stepped forward to launch #AskMoreOfHim asking more men to step up and stop harassment when they see it.
Open letter calling for me to join their movement and signatories:
( Collapse )
A bidding war has erupted between streaming and cable networks for this limited series, based on Celeste Ng's book. Kerry and Reese will both star and executive produce. It's about a what happens after the adoption of a Chinese-American baby stirs up controversy in Shaker Heights, Ohio.
The festival has now revealed the full roster, which includes Sum 41, Taking Back Sunday, the Used, Simple Plan, Silverstein, Underoath, All Time Low, Bowling for Soup, and many more. You can see the full line up below.
What's your favourite fruit, ONTD?
Source: 1 | 2
Sufjan Stevens has invited St. Vincent, Moses Sumney and several other musicians to join him in performing his Oscar-nominated song "Mystery of Love" at the Academy Awards ceremony this Sunday.
Here. For. This.
Maya is an "alternative girl" named Robin, bored with her life, who discovers Hawkins' secrets. Meanwhile, Priah Ferguson, who plays Lucas' sister, Erica, has been bumped up to recurring. Erica joins forces with her friends to save the town from a new threat.
Are you ready for new King Bey, ONTD?
- The original screen writer is claiming he was conned into giving up the rights to his script and just filed suit.
- He says he was promised $5,000 & an associate producer credit if he signed over the rights so another writer could take over. Franco also promised to produce another passion project script of his.
- Says he never got producer credit, and they would only give him $50,000 to produce the other script
Have you ever conned anyone ontd?
Kendall Jenner, who was previously the face of Pepsi, announced she is now the ambassador for Hairfinity! After not walking a single show during Fashion Week, Kendall took to Instagram to promote her new partnership. (The image won't embed, but you can view it here)
( Collapse )
source: 1, 2, 3
is kendall's career as a fashion model over, ontd?
An E! producer says she was fired after she allowed Eva Longoria's Catt Sadler statement to air on the channel's red carpet show. E! disputes the producer's charges. https://t.co/wJQKE866Xm— New York Times Arts (@nytimesarts) March 2, 2018
Longtime E! producer Aileen Gram-Moreno filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity commission where she says she was unfairly terminated and replaced by a man. In an effort to prevent any mention of the Catt Sandler equal pay issue from going to air after Debra Messing mentioned her, Gram-Moreno was instructed to review all of the prerecorded interviews on the red carpet for mentions of Sadler. Due to the time constraint - they were reviewing interviews as the show was airing - Gram-Moreno said it was all but impossible to review every single interview. She said she listened to most of the Eva Longoria clip but missed the part at the end where she says she stands with Catt Sadler and the clip went to air.
She apologized to her executive producer who responded by saying it probably couldn't have been avoided, but a week later another executive producer called her and informed her that she'd been fired from the upcoming shows she'd been booked for because she let the mention go to air.
E! has made a point of standing behind Ryan Seacrest despite his sexual harassment allegations and he will be hosting their red carpet show on Sunday.
E! will reportedly only be speaking to "friendly" celebs who they know won't bring up the allegations against Ryan Seacrest on air.
SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE
Based on a book and blog titled "How May We Hate You?", the pilot is centered on two guest-services associates at a high-end resort who are stuck with guests and co-workers for sixteen hours a day. Angela is set to play Dana, a kind person who has absolutely terrible luck. If something bad has happened, it's likely Dana has already experienced it.
-“I’m glad I can do that — profess my love to my love out loud in front of all of you," she said. "Who knew that in 2018 that would still be considered a revolutionary act?”
-acknowledged that some are still closeted because of fear of losing out on deals/roles, not wanting to make other uncomfortable, etc
-"Being born gay, black and female is not a revolutionary act. Being proud to be a gay black female is.”
-"So I ask those of you that are still hiding to come out. Come out, wherever you are, please don’t be afraid. And I hope that you know that I’m here to hold your hand whenever you decide to jump into this wonderful pool of people who refuse to be hidden. The water is warm.”
Did you watch the season premiere? Do you believe in Florida Man?
Jessica Alba has been cast as the co-lead in the pilot and will play Nancy McKenna, a former veteran who spent most of her time in the early 2000s in Afghanistan and Iraq. Women weren't allowed in combat so she joined the military police and is now detective. She's raising her stepchildren with her husband and envies Syd.
Ross was allegedly found unresponsive and "slobbing at the mouth."https://t.co/LrhibavcIE— BET (@BET) March 2, 2018
Rapper and former correctional officer Rick Ross was found unresponsive at his Miami home yesterday morning. He reportedly had a heart attack and is currently on life support.
He was found “slobbing out the mouth” and combative when he regained consciousness.
– Lindsay Ellis made a video essay taking down Netflix's Bright, specifically how everything wrong about it is built on its core problem of lazy worldbuilding and writing. It was directed by Suicide Squad's David Ayer, "written" by scum of the earth Max Landis, and cost $90 million to make.
– Ellis draws a comparison between Bright and movies like "Crash", which was also bad but largely praised at the time, and had a terrible understanding of race and social issues, and how Hollywood builds worlds of racial allegories without wanting to offend casual racists, or their target audience. She also goes into examples of fantasy allegories, including the racism of Lord of the Rings, secret worlds and alternate realities, and why Bright's is a problem right from its very premise into the nitty gritty deetails.
– Joel Edgerton (the orc Jacoby) recently said he'd rather think about the people who watched Bright than the bad reviews it got. "All I know is what was reported, which was something like—whatever number was reported—something like 11 million that first weekend. Whatever it was, it amounted to a $100 million-plus opening weekend. But, I have to be honest, that’s considering that people don’t have to get in their car, go buy a ticket, go buy the popcorn. There’s a certain age where you can roll over and press play on the remote control. But, according to them, the numbers were there.” So, it was for the people not the critics, etc. Sounds like Suicide Squad.
– Bright has a 29% critic rating and a 7.3 audience rating on Metacritic.
– A sequel was greenlit in January, as Netflix was always planning on building the film into a tentpole franchise or universe. Max Landis will not be part of the project this time around.
( Collapse )
ONTD, what do you think of her argument? And what are the best and worst examples of social allegories you've seen in film, literature, and beyond?
COCO MADEMOISELLE, the new Eau de Parfum Intense. The film.
With Keira Knightley.
Directed by Johan Renck.
Original soundtrack by Krister Linder
A leading voice of her generation in the film industry and beyond, Amandla Stenberg has found success in blockbuster film franchises such as The Hunger Games and powerful independent films like As You Are, Everything, Everything, and the highly anticipated The Hate U Give. In this interview, Amandla discusses her generation's desire to hear new voices in film.
Teen Vogue features young Hollywood stars such as Letitia Wright and Laura Harrier and asks them about everything from their first fashion splurge to the first time they truly believe in themselves.
Out today: BLACK PANTHER #170, by Captainehisi Coates, Leonard Kirk, Laura Martin & @JoeSabino. This features an exclusive conversation between Ta-Nehisi and RYAN COOGLER! Here's an excerpt: https://t.co/PJGOkEJ3lQ Plus there's a big twist at the end of the issue -- no spoilers! pic.twitter.com/Rn0Dc0CWwx— Wil Moss (@Wil_Moss) February 28, 2018
+ To celebrate the release of the movie, the newest issue of Black Panther (#170) includes an exclusive interview with the film's director, Ryan Coogler, and Ta-Nehisi Coates.
( Collapse )
sources 1 / 2 (scans)
She was doing her live show in Milwaukee when she decided to cover Solo, which was on Frank Ocean's genius 2016 Blonde album. She also sang a never before performed unreleased Melodrama cut that you can find behind the cut.
( Collapse )
sources 1 2
this is the second best thing to come from milwaukee after trixie tbh
In an interview with Complex, 19 year old Jaden explains how at first he was "Little Homie" to Kanye West, Drake and Donald Glover, but after his music was sitting on the same charts as them, he was competition:
"It’s more like, 'You can’t hang out with us anymore. We didn’t know you were making an album this whole time. We thought you were just Little Homie giving us free water and shit. You’re not really cool with us anymore.'"
Jennifer Lawrence and Joel Edgerton teach each other slang words from their respective birthplaces, Kentucky and Australia. Jennifer and Joel star in "Red Sparrow," in theaters on March 2nd.
Since Casey Affleck finally did something of remote decency and said he wasn't going to the Oscars, Best Actress Oscar winners Jodie Foster (The Accused; Silence of the Lambs) and Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook) will present the Actress in a Leading Role Oscar
Apparently, Emma Stone will NOT be presenting Best Actor as per tradition, and now Oscar winners Jane Fonda (Coming Home; Klute) and Helen Mirren (The Queen) will be handing that away
This answers the question of why Jennifer would be at the Oscars (besides making a beeline to future fuck buddy Timbo Chalamet), as she mentioned earlier she wasn't sure how she was going to act when she saw Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet on Sunday.
US Weekly says that a source close to Holmes revealed that the pair have agreed to keep their relationship as quiet as possible:
"Katie and Jamie have an agreement that they’ll never talk about their relationship or each other in the press.”
When Jamie Foxx walked out on ESPN interview after Katie Holmes relationship questions, “She felt he was respecting their agreement.”
Foxx and Katie “are together almost every day. They spend as much time together as they can. They really are in love.”
This movie is going to have so many famous people in it. https://t.co/yZiTNk4SQB— CinemaBlend (@CinemaBlend) February 20, 2018
At least one actor from the Ocean's Eleven trilogy will reprise his role, briefly, in the upcoming film out in theaters June 8.
[Spoiler redacted] thinks that there may be a few others that "pop up really quickly."
Spoilers: The Cinema Blend tweet Cinema Blend
-Taran Killam, Leighton Meester, Brad Garrett to Star in ABC Comedy From 'New Girl' Team
-Meester will play the female lead
- 'Single Parents' "revolves around a group of dysfunctional single parents who lean on each other as they raise their kids, look for love and ultimately realize survival is only possible with the help of each other."
- "Top Off" by DJ Khaled feat. Jay-Z, Future and Beyoncé was released earlier today.
- Bey's rap verse references a line from Drake's "Gyalchester", and possibly Kim K's famous "Break the Internet" magazine cover (and her body):
I break the internet, top two and I ain't number two
My body, my ice, my cash, all real, I'm a triple threat
- And there's more: a few weeks ago, Tiffany Haddish told a story of when she met Bey and Jay at a party. In her recap, she says that an actress was getting too close to Jay, and Bey had to come over to make her presence known in front of this other woman.
- In "Top Off," Bey finishes her verse with:
If they're tryna party with the queen
They gon' have to sign a non-disclosure, ayy
Netflix has scored a vigilante superhero movie with Keanu Reeves in talks to star.
The film is written by TJ Fixman and is to be directed by Dope director Rick Famuyiwa.
Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel) will be producing.
Plot details are not being revealed but it is being described as a new type of vigilante superhero story.
Does Angelina Jolie want to date Justin Theroux to “get even” with Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston?
No Idea Magazine claims that “Angie Sinks Her Claws Into Justin!”
According to No Idea Magazine Pitt and Aniston are “back together” and Angelina has a “plan to get even… by hooking up with Justin.”
( Collapse )
Method acting's foundational theory originated in the Soviet Union during the early 20th century. It was created by Konstantin Stanislavski and his peers at the Moscow Art Theater as a framework for systematically training young actors. Method acting became influential in the US in the ’30s and ’40s, pioneered by Lee Strasberg, Stella Adler, and Sanford Meisner, each of whom transformed and built on Stanislavski’s system.
Today, training in method acting is ubiquitous for aspiring actors. But at the same time, the stakes of method acting continue to rise. First popularized in the US during the 1950s by Marlon Brando's generation of Hollywood stars, method acting continues to be a consistent way for actors to push themselves in new roles.
Almost half of all Best Actor and Actress awards have been won by method actors since 1951.
How do you feel about method acting??
- talk about its relaxation properties and people reporting that it helps them reduce stress
- do some demos themselves and enjoy it
- doctors suggest using it as an added therapy in addition to professional treatment
( Collapse )
do you enjoy ASMR ontd?