The Punisher tells a story about white male anger, wrapped in blood and guns https://t.co/yxz5IXPHR5— Vox (@voxdotcom) November 13, 2017
- Critic reactions are very mixed on "Marvel's most dark, violent & bloody Netflix series to date". Critics received all 13 episodes.
- Some critics claim The Punisher is Marvel's best-ever series.
- Detractors claim it has more in common with Iron Fist than Jessica Jones.
- Synopsis: After the murder of his family, Marine veteran Frank Castle becomes a vigilante known as "the Punisher", who aims to fight crime by any means necessary. He then uncovers a conspiracy that runs far deeper than New York’s criminal underworld.
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- Sony is developing "Morbius", a project centered on Spider-Man antihero Morbius the Living Vampire.
- Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama, who did the recent Power Rangers movie, wrote the script.
- Sharpless and Sazama previously tackled vampirism with Dracula Untold, starring Luke Evans.
- They also count The Last Witch Hunter and Gods of Egypt among their credits.
- Dr. Michael Morbius is a scientist who suffered from a rare blood disease and attempted to cure himself with disastrous results. He became afflicted with a condition that was a form of vampirism — the thirst for blood, along with fangs and super strength — and fought Spider-Man.
- Barbie released a new line called Shero - female heroes who inspire girl by breaking boundaries and expanding possibilities for women everywhere. This line also includes women like Ava DuVernay and Gabby Douglas. The doll was unveiled at Glamour's Woman of the Year Summit on Nov. 13.
- Is the first Barbie doll to wear a Hijab.
- In 2016 Ibtihaj Muhammad became the first American athlete in history to compete in hijab at the Olympics.
- "Through playing with Barbie, I was able to imagine and dream about who I could become," Muhammad said in the press release.
She also says: "I love that my relationship with Barbie has come full circle, and now I have my own doll wearing a hijab that the next generation of girls can use to play out their own dreams."
‘One Tree Hill’ Cast, Crew Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn of Sexual Harassment https://t.co/EdR6lZrpWE— Variety (@Variety) November 14, 2017
( Collapse )
source 1 2 3 4
i feel awful for all of them, but proud that they've banded together in solidarity to speak out. i hope the royals is cancelled.
Renowned designer Marc "I don't see color" Jacobs, is in hot water this year due to a lawsuit! According to The Fashion Law, independent designers claim that the 2017 Resort collection has stolen copyrighted pins and patches used for the clothing line.
( Collapse )
SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE
— Pitchfork (@pitchfork) November 13, 2017
Two alleged victims of Brand New’s Jesse Lacey have detailed instances of sexual harassment, manipulation, and solicitation of explicit photographs when they were minors https://t.co/lyM4fNfEi7
[Spoiler (click to open)]
-Met for an interview and he stared at her chest and made inappropriate comments.
-Began solliciting nudes from her when she was 17.
-Sent videos of himself masturbating
-Attempted to manipulate her into engaging in sexual situations with other people, on camera, for his viewing pleasure
-Threatened to restrict her access to the band if she refused
- Met him again after a concert when she was 18 and he closed the door behind them, pushed her against the wall, and kissed and touched her in ways she didn’t want
Full story @
America’s Sweetheart Julia Roberts is our December cover star! pic.twitter.com/1QbAJZbvld— InStyle (@InStyle) November 1, 2017
-he said “comedy is not a great environment for women.” and that "it’s another one of those endemic, systemic, complex problems that we all haven’t had the urgency for, and certainly myself included. I hope it changes.”
- mentions this being the first time he heard about louis ck being a pig
- hasn't spoken to Louis yet
do u believe jon, ontd?
( Collapse )
- Nadal visibly hindered towards the end of the match
- Goffin also played the match with tape on his knee for an injury
- Nadal's 2017 saw him win 2 slams, 2 M1000 and be year end #1 for the 4th time
- Marks the 6th time in 13 qualifications Nadal has had to withdraw from the tournament
- Nadal also withdrew from the Paris Masters a few weeks ago
- Carreno Busta takes his place in the Sampras group
Mistake to attempt to play it if the knee was this much of a factor imo, hopefully he didn't do worse damage to it. Shame it ends this way, but he's had a great year.
Dr. Matthew Schulman, a plastic surgeon, fears Janet's nose on the verge of collapsing, Pagesix reports.
“It appears that there is some nasal collapse and some retraction of the nostrils. This may be the result of multiple previous surgical procedures that has caused injury to the underlying cartilage support of the nose.”
*) Article states Janet admitted to having her nose done many years ago
obligatory: "Leave Janet alone!"
Today the panel interviews Mary J Blige! Whoopi needs to clarify before the interview starts that Mary will continue doing music which Mary states music is her own therapy so there's no way she would give it up. Sunny asks what Mary thinks now when she listens to her debut album 'What's the 411'. They show a clip from the SNL parody where Tiffany Haddish is portraying Mary and Mary loved it. She talks about where she first met her at a cookout when she was filming 'Mudbound' and Tiffany was doing 'Girls Trip'. They discuss how her movie 'Mudbound' which is set in the rural American South during World War II is still relevant to today's climate.
-Roy Moore's disgusting self
-Re-examining Bill Clinton's predatory behavior
-An op-ed titled "My Kids Can't Be Friends With White People"
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Source for today: 1 2 3 4
Source for yesterday 1 2 3
Mods-I missed yesterday so I hope it's ok I put yesterday's and today's in one post.
Can someone ID Mary's dress? i love it and need it/a good knockoff in my life. also, no mary j blige tag??
I'm loving Rey's Little Red Riding Hood aesthetic
Harper's Bazaar recently did a
( Collapse )
- The latest Pokemon film, Pokemon The Movie: I Choose You! is a retelling of the first few Pokemon episodes, following Pokemon Trainer Ash Ketchum as he starts his quest with his very first Pokemon, Pikachu.
- The film takes several liberties, such as omitting Brock and Misty entirely.
- In a scene towards the end of the film, Ash has a vision after saving Pikachu. He wakes up on the ground and asks Pikachu why it does not want to go inside its Poke Ball. Pikachu then responds using full English sentences.
- Pikachu has never spoken anything but its own name, since its debut in the mid 1990's. While other Pokemon such as Meowth and Mewtwo speak full English, its baffled audiences around the world as to why and how Pikachu is speaking.
because thats the big issue here
Ed Sheeran just addressed the popular fan theory that Taylor Swift's 'Dress' is about him https://t.co/y1rMN8nDRB— TIME (@TIME) November 14, 2017
He says the song is not about him
The nominees for the Game Awards were announced today. The following 5 were nominated for Game of the Year:
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
You can vote in all categories at the Game Awards website. Winners will be announced December 7.
what was your fav game this year, ontd?
All our favorites have probably been linked to one conspiracy theory or another at some point. Many of them are unbelievable but that one partial truth in the stories keeps people believing way longer than they should.
According to an old post by NPR and research from the University of Chicago, at least 50 percent of Americans believe in at least one conspiracy theory.
Lets take a look at some of the wilder pop culture conspiracy theories and you can decide for yourself if you believe.
( Collapse )
What are you favorite conspiracy theories?
Text Mine. Sources 1|2|3|
Sirah wrote "Dead Beat" after returning from a trip to Kenya with Demi and other friends, and it made her realize she wanted to be more open and honest in her music. She even references Demi and the trip in the song.
As previously reported, Namie Amuro announced her decision to retire next year on the 25th anniversery of her career as a music artist. On November 7th, Namie Amuro released her final album "Finally" which celebrates her musical career with re-recordings of all her classic hits as well as some new songs. According to Oricon's physical sales charts, the album has officially sold 1,113,000 copies on its first week earning the top position of the charts. The last album to surpass one million sales in its first week on Oricon is Utada Hikaru's "Utada Hikaru Single Collection Vol. 1" in 2004.
Namie Amuro is also now the only artist to have an album surpassing one million sales in her teens, 20s, 30s, and 40s in the Japanese physical charts. The following albums have secured her this unique title:
Namie Amuro is currently set to retire on September 16th, 2018 and will be holding one last tour before retiring. She will also have a documentary series on Hulu Japan to cover her entire career and provide a peek into her life.
Sources 1 / 2 / 3
perfect ending to a legend's career tbh
The arrest was related to a felony drug charge in Loudoun County, Virginia following a Jan. 20 incident in which traces of narcotics were allegedly detected on items left on a United flight bound for Washington Dulles International Airport.
McGowan was charged with possession of a controlled substance, a Class 5 felony, and released on $5,000 bond, according to a spokesman for the Loudoun County Sheriffs Office.
A man has created an app that shows you what women look like without makeup and people are not happy about it.
The man who created MakeApp says that he created it so that it could help authorities recognize victims of trafficking.
So far, people have used it to show what celebrities look like without makeup.
Critics of MakeApp are saying that the app is sexist.
- Hadn't grown up with Star Wars.
- On auditioning: Role was noted as "any ethnicity". 5 part audition months apart from summer to fall.
- Lied to her parents that she was shooting an indie in Canada when shooting Star Wars in London.
- After filming Star Wars, traveled to South Africa and worked in an endangered wildlife reserve. Housed with a dozen people and lied and said she was an office temp (though later they emailed her about it when Rose toys came out). Also went to Vietnam to work with orphans and took her parents back to Vietnam (parent's first time in Vietnam in 40 years).
- On Carrie Fisher: "The best thing about Carrie that I witnessed was that she was just purely honest. No matter how messy that was, or how complicated that was.” "...without even protecting me, she was. Just by being herself."
- On John Boyega: "We connect on different levels because our parents are immigrants, we’re both people of color, nerds, and he’s just hilarious.”
-trying to find a distributor in the US for Paddington 2
-has been negotiating possible $20 million to $35 million bridge loan that would enable the company to meet its payroll obligations but this looks unlikely
-insiders say the Weinstein Co. is saddled with as much as $500 million in debt and obligations
-have defaulted on a $45million loan because of Harvey's scandals as this constitutes as a breach of contract
Recent reviews haven't been too kind either. Writing for RogerEbert.com, critic Matt Zoller Seitz says the film "leaves the raincoat open while its owner makes eye contact and dares you deny what's happening." He calls CK a director with no moral compass and the movie like being in a situation where you are being manipulated but aren't completely sure it's happening. He gave it half a star for nice cinematography.
Matt Singer at ScreenCrush calls it the Film of 2017, in that it's the perfect summation of the toxic behavior that has brought down countless number of men all across all industries, including CK himself. Singer says even without Weinstein and the fallout since, the film would have drudged up the allegations against CK anyway since its such an obvious parallel to his real life. No score was given.
Dana Stevens at Slate, a long time fan of CK, calls this film "the other shoe" and that it's more of a series of symptoms presented for the viewers clinical consideration than an actual movie. She says it's a sad goodbye to one of her cultral crushes.
- Corey Feldman has revealed the second of two men who he says abused him for years back in the 1980's.
- Feldman named Alphy Hoffman, a man who ran a series of parties for children under the age of 16. His clients included Drew Barrymore, Ricky Schroder, and Alyssa Milano, in addition to Corey Haim and Feldman.
- Feldman explained that he met his alleged abuser at 11 years old and claimed he was sexually abused by the age of 14.
In an interview with Desus and Mero, T-Pain first answers his favorite collaboration outside of hip hop was Taylor Swift. T-Pain slowly realizes after never even getting Taylor’s number or really talking after the collab, that he was used in the collab just to make fun of hip hop. Skip to 15:40.
( Collapse )
I love this damn show!
Slate Twitter Source
With a whopping 61.6% yes-38.4% no vote, Australia is the next country to allow same sex marriages.
More than 12.7 million people voted in huge 79.5% turnout
All states and territories recorded vote in favor of change
( Collapse )
Congrats to all our Australian LGBT* friends!
• Decision was made so the film has better chance of being nominated and/or winning
• Nominations are announced on December 11
• Golden Globes will air January 8, 2018
A Third Woman Says "Gossip Girl" Star Ed Westwick Sexually Assaulted Herhttps://t.co/qtCIwOaGa6— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) November 14, 2017
-Happened in 2014, the same year that the other two accusers said Westwick raped them.
-Rachel Eck, the third accuser, dated producer Kaine Harling (who dated one of the other accusers as well), and was with her the night of her assault as he was with one of the other accusers.
-Two of Eck's friends and a former co-worker confirmed to Buzzfeed that they had heard her recount the assault shortly after it happened.
How many of his fangirls will continue to stand by him? There have been twitter accounts created to dissect the accusers social media activity to discredit them. Sickening.
In honor of Jimmy’s 50th birthday, we surprised him with an all Jimmy Kimmel edition of Mean Tweets featuring Ray Romano, Michael Keaton, Halle Berry, Anthony Anderson, Howard Stern, David Spade, Chris Hemsworth, Kristen Bell, Jon Stewart, Tracy Morgan, Amy Schumer, Liam Neeson, Larry David, Mike Tyson, Jeff Bridges, Zach Galifianakis, Kim Kardashian West, Stephen Colbert, Jennifer Lawrence, David Letterman and Will Ferrell. #MeanTweets
Mel B Settles with Former Nanny In Divorce Proceedings https://t.co/snnFb0kBmz— Blerds (@blerdsocial) November 14, 2017
According to Daily Star, Spice Girl's Mel B and former nanny have agreed to settle. Mel filed a domestic violence restraining order against Lorraine, but has now dropped it. The drama all started when Mel B made claims detailing the horrific treatment she faced from her husband Stephen Belafonte and his affair with their nanny Lorraine Gilles.
1) The affair lasted over six years
2) Stephen would compare Mel to Lorraine in a humiliating way
3) Stephen secretly paid Lorraine over £240k
4) Lorraine told Mel she was pregnant with Stephen's child
5) Stephen told Mel that Lorraine was his "ride or die bitch" who had his back
6) Lorraine claimed to have threesomes with the married couple
7) Lorraine sued Mel B for defamation after Mel called her a "prostitute" in court papers
Amber says that she Hates Playing Characters Called 'Beautiful':
“[As a kid,] seeing princesses in my books called beautiful was frustrating.” “I found the same frustration in Hollywood. I read 5 to 10 scripts a week, and 4 out of 5 have nothing else to say about the female lead.”
She adds: “When I was growing up, my friends had ’N Sync posters, and I collected feminist propaganda from World War II.”
-On Weinstein and Spacey, says, "It would take time, it would take a society to forgive them, and it would take tremendous contrition on their part, and a knowingness that they have a deeply rooted psychological and emotional problem and it takes years to mend that. If they were to show us that they put the work in and are truly sorry and making amends, and not defending their actions but asking for forgiveness, then maybe down the road there is room for that, maybe so. Then it would be up to us, to determine case by case whether or not this person deserves a second chance. I think in the face of it, we should let that open. We shouldn’t close it off and say: ‘to hell with him, rot and go away from us for the rest of your life,’ Let’s not do that, let’s be bigger than that. Let’s leave it open for the few who can make it through that gauntlet of trouble, and who have reclaimed their life and their dignity and respect for others. Maybe it’s possible. It would be egotistical for anyone to say, ‘I hope he fails.’ To that person, I would say, ‘Fuck you. Why would you want that? So you can be right?’”
ONTD, has pr training ever failed you?
Kim Kardashian is speaking extensively about the decision to use a surrogate for her third child: https://t.co/uIlWdcNNYz— JustJared.com (@JustJared) November 14, 2017
Kim Kardashian defends her decision to use a surrogate, saying anyone who thinks it's easy is "completely wrong" and that it's actually more difficult: "I think it is so much harder to go through it this way, because you are not really in control."
She says that it's hard for her to be able to be pregnant with her first two children but to have to use a surrogate for her third. Still she says that she is "blessed" that she is able to do this.
North and Saint are excited and they talk about it a lot.
Sources: 1, 2
HEALING FROM THE PAST — With Sara (Caity Lotz) out of commission, the team finds a new Anachronism that leads them to the jungles of Vietnam and right in the middle of the war. Ray (Brandon Routh), Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Zari (Tala Ashe) pose as journalists and trek through the jungle when they are lead to time-displaced Gorilla Grodd. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) run into someone Rory knows which give a glimpse into his past. Victor Garber and Franz Drameh also star. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Tyron B. Carter (#307). Original airdate 11/21/2017.
[what about THAT easter egg?]
zari finds a "loophole" in the timeline / displacement rules and drops off helen of troy in...THEMYSCIRA 1253 B.C.
source / source
Taylor Swift went to Target Store and meet with fans in Nashville. pic.twitter.com/M1r5xede92— SWIFTIES™ (@SwiftiesIndia) November 15, 2017
Taylor Swift went to Target and met with her fans
2x09 "Number Two" - Kate and Toby's lives take an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, Rebecca encourages Kate's singing aspirations.
OMG. This show.
Justice League Rotten Tomatoes score delayed until opening day https://t.co/YfBWPXFOCh— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) November 14, 2017
Rotten Tomatoes will reveal the current percentage for the movie on 12:01 AM PST this Thursday
Warner Bros. owns a minority stake in the site
Also EW points out the lack of press blitz. Almost no interviews by cast or members of the creative team.
- At a comics convention in Melbourne, Stan Lee was asked about the
possibilityupcoming Black Widow solo film that has been teased forever but hasn't happened yet because idiocy
- “One day there will be a Black Widow movie,” he stated
- Scarlett Johansson has gone back and forth about doing a solo film. She most recently expressed admiration for the character
since it saved her career...and has stated that she wants to explore more aspects of the character, stating “I think I can now start to peel them away and reveal different sides of her.” She also has said that her character's rich origin story has a potential to provide enough good material for a standalone film.
- Black Widow is currently the only founding member of The Avengers that does not have her own standalone film. Captain Marvel, starring
miscastBrie Larson will be Marvel's first female-solo outing.
- Taika Waititi previously mentioned that he wants to do a Black Widow comedy film
Make it happen, you Homophobic God of Comics! She's literally the only member of the original Avengers that doesn't have one.
Model and new face of Estée Lauder, Fei Fei Sun, is known for her striking cheekbones and flawless skin. But, as she ventures to share in this tell-all beauty tutorial, she works hard for that near-perfect complexion.
She posted on Twitter after fans tried to take pictures:
"To the two girls who are repeatedly photographing me as I'm eating my lunch... I see you. You aren't slick…. that's f***ing rude. ?????"
A fan tweeted back at her after she called the fans rude: "Whats with celebs these days? If u don't want that much attention then quit acting for good. Be nice to the fans pls."
( Collapse )
They teased the release of this song at their Dallas MANIA tour date and now have released the video for it/song on itunes! Their album MANIA comes out January 19th!
Hulu released the series finale of The Mindy Project today.
[Spoiler (click to open)]
Jody pulled his stake from Mindy's practice after moving to Africa.
Mindy worries how the practice will stay afloat
Danny offers to Jody's stake in the practice.
Mindy and Danny end up together.
Tamra and Morgan got married.