- Jim Parsons (Ryan Murphy's The Normal Heart), Zachary Quinto (Ryan Murphy's AHS), Andrew Rannells (Ryan Murphy's The New Normal, Glee), and Matt Bomer (Ryan Murphy's The Normal Heart, AHS, The New Normal, Glee) will star in a limited 15-week Broadway engagement of the 1968 play.
- Producer Ryan Murphy said in a statement: "The significance of The Boys in the Band cannot be underestimated. In 1968, Mart Crowley made theatrical history by giving voice to gay men onstage, in this uncompromising, blisteringly honest, and wickedly funny play. The play was groundbreaking in its exploration of how gay men treated each other and how they were made to feel about themselves. And while some attitudes have thankfully shifted, it’s important to be reminded of what we have overcome and how much further we still have to go."
Last night, The Great Canadian Baking Show (a Canadian licensing of The Great British Bake-Off) premiered with its first episode ever!
The judges are pastry chefs Rochelle Adonis (born in Québec and now runs a bakery in Perth, Australia, so that explains her accent) and Bruno Feldeisen (born in France and has worked a bit in Vancouver, so I guess that's the Canadian connection?). Hosts are Dan Levy (Canadian and son of SCTV alumnus and all-around hilarious actor Eugene Levy and creator/star on CBC's Schitt's Creek) and Julia Chan (born in the UK, so that's our British connection, raised in Hong Kong, and lives in Los Angeles, she's acted in a few Canadian TV shows including Saving Hope and Rookie Blue).( Collapse )
Week 1: Cake Week
Bakers Info Source
So, ONTD, what did you all think? I think the tent is absolutely lovely! It's weird to watch this show without it being so British. The judges need to be more specific in their feedback (I can't count how many times I heard 'Well done!') and the hosts desperately need to up their pun game. (Really? No pun for Battenburg? 'Bakers, batten down your hatches, you've got 30 minutes left!' and that's just off the top of my head.) Hoping the bakers' personalities start coming out more as the show goes, as that's really what makes or breaks Bake-Off.
ONTD, are you enjoying this season? Know where I can score some jingle jangle?
Meghan announces that she is now engaged to that man who she said previously is more conservative than her father. She states they've been together for a while and encourages women to wait for the men who love independent, strong women because those men are out there.
The panel interviews Chris Matthews. He's promoting his new book ‘Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit’. The release of the JFK files are briefly discusses and Joy wants to know any 'new juicy stuff' that might be in the book. They talk a bit about Russia and the Mueller investigation and stresses that there is no red line in this investigation.
Other topics today include:
-The Democrats involvement with Russia collusion
-Reports that Trump is blaming Kushner for the Russia investigation
-Julia Roberts interview where she gets annoyed about being asked about turning 50.
( Collapse )
SOURCE 1 2 3 4 5
Joy does NGAF about Meghan getting engaged lmao she didn't even clap
Selena Gomez attended Justin Bieber's hockey game and left wearing his jersey. pic.twitter.com/tu3zsQJitm— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) November 2, 2017
Looking happy and healthy after their run in with an MS-13 member, yesterday night the two love birds went to see a hockey game where Selena left wearing his jersey. After the game the two headed back to Selena's house.
( Collapse )
Do you think there will be wedding bells in the future for Justin and Selena ONTD?
Source / Source
Happy 18th Anniversary to— Spyro the Dragon 💎 (@SpyroUniverse) November 2, 2017
Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!
It was definitely a must have game on the PlayStation!
(11/2/1999) - PSone. (NA) pic.twitter.com/10KTR1UNT6
Insomniac's critically acclaimed Spyro sequel, also known as Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer in Europe and Australia, celebrates its 18th anniversary today! It was first released in North America November 2, 1999 and is the second out of three first generation Spyro games, after Spyro the Dragon and before Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Its glorious soundtrack was composed by none other than The Police's Stewart Copeland, whom also did the score for the black comedy series Dead Like Me.
( Collapse )
Sources: SpyroUniverse Twitter, Activision Twitter, Youtube: Vicarious Visions with IGN
ONTD, are you a cheetah who hogs treasures that could help save the world for the sake of a bullshit challenge?
Would you pay a "small fee" for these would-be-amazing remasters?
Swiss watch brand, Tudor, named Lady Gaga as its new ambassador for its new "Born to Dare" advertising campaign.
"Lady Gaga has achieved a level of fame and respect few entertainers ever have. This is a result of her unique recipe for success: raw talent, hard work, bold choices and immense gratitude to her fans, her ‘little monsters’ as she calls them," Tudor said in its statement. "When you try and think of a daring individual in today’s popular culture, it is hard to find anyone more fitting the description than Lady Gaga. Behind the glitter and glam, her provocative style and political statements, she is about total showmanship."
do you wear watches, ONTD?
Source: 1 | 2
‘Will & Grace’ Books Molly Shannon for Return (EXCLUSIVE) https://t.co/dy3wmlF6mF— Variety (@Variety) November 2, 2017
- Molly Shannon's character Val Bassett is returning to Will & Grace
- Val was a neighbor to Will/Grace, she once stole Grace's identity but later they became best friends, until Val tried to replace Karen.
- Val & Grace reunited when Grace snuck into her 12 step program. Grace was there for the food. lol
She said she thinks some women who have come forward are "trying to make a living or they’re trying to get famous" https://t.co/QfPVcc4jy2— Page Six (@PageSix) November 2, 2017
Former Real Housewives of Miami star Joanna Krupa has come to the defense of her friend Jeremy Piven, who has been accused of sexual harassment by a guest actress on the Entourage set.
“I love Jeremy Piven. I’ve known Jeremy Piven for a very long time. He’s like the nicest f–king guy I’ve ever met, so I think people are taking advantage of the whole situation with [Harvey] Weinstein, and they’re trying to make a living or they’re trying to get famous."
"Jeremy never did anything wrong to me. He’s always been an amazing friend to me, so I support him.”
An espionage, sci-fi thriller with a metaphysical twist, Counterpart tells the story of Howard Silk (Simmons), a lowly cog in a bureaucratic UN agency who is turning the last corner of a life filled with regret, when he discovers the agency he works for is guarding a secret: a crossing to a parallel dimension. Through Howard and his “counterpart” on the other side, Prime, the show will navigate themes of identity, idealism, what ifs, and lost love.
Premieres January 21st, 2018.
The Man of Steel himself bulges and poses on the cover and pages of the December issue of Men's Health UK.
( Collapse )
Elsewhere, DC Comics and Warner Bros decided to appropriate Mexican culture to promote their upcoming sure-to-be-dud of a film. The struggling film company shared 'Dia de los Muertos' inspired Justice League posters today, with one very important
( Collapse )
Justice League leaks onto torrent sites on November 17, 2017.
Sources: @FatCavill, 1, 2, 3, 4. @HeroicHollywood, 1.
- She was a high school basketball star.
- When she was first with Dwayne Wade, he refused to eat anything green or any seafood. LeBron James made him eat sea bass and salad and now he loves both.
- DMX loves the Golden Girls.
- She once hosted a white party for power lesbians and decided to invite Michael Jordan and Charles Oakley because she thought Jordan would be a big hit at the party. Everyone ignored him.
-According to TVLine, "The new Monday entry starring Bobby Moynihan, John Larroquette and Jack Dylan Grazer premiered in September to 7.5 million total viewers and a 1.6 demo rating, but at last tally delivered under 4 mil with a 0.7 — placing last for the night among CBS’ new Monday sitcom block.
-Will be replaced by Matt LeBlanc-led comedy "Man With a Plan."
I know some of you here watched it. Sorry.
A 48-year old man, friendly with a staff member of New York Magazine, has come forward to discuss his sexual relationship with Kevin Spacey.
Man comes forward to describe an alleged extended sexual relationship he had at age 14 with Kevin Spacey https://t.co/lqpMkDhOhn— Vulture (@vulture) November 2, 2017
The man, who wishes to remain anonymous, says the relationship began when he was 14 years old and Spacey was 24. Their relationship lasted a few months and ended when Spacey tried to rape him.
The man says he has worked hard to remain safe and have a nice life and does not want to give that up. He also says that he would call Spacey a pedophile and sexual predator to his face if given the chance.
Vulture has been able to verify most of the information given. Spacey denies the allegations.
You can read his entire account of his experience at the source.
AMC CEO Josh Sapan wants the The Walking Dead franchise to continue for decades as indicated by his recent quote from banned source:
(his actual quote does not indicate the original show but some iteration of the franchise)
Though some fans think the show and its spinoff has gone on for long enough it's still AMC's highest rated show on TV right now.
The ratings for S8 have not been the shows best but still not enough to worry AMC.
After being criticised on not giving attention to the BLM signs at his concert, Harry recently posted the above photo on his instagram with the caption "love".
has your fave ever backpedaled so fast ONTD ?
'Westworld' Season 2 Filming Suspended After Cast Member Suffers Medical Emergency https://t.co/WNnApVQ3H3— TMZ (@TMZ) November 2, 2017
A male cast member of the HBO drama Westworld suffered a "serious" injury when he fell at home and hit his head, and as a result, filming on the show's second season has been shut down.
There is no word on which member of the show's cast has been injured. Among the male stars are Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, James Marsden, Jeffrey Wright, Jimmi Simpson and Ben Barnes.
It is unknown whether or not this will affect the show's expected season two premiere date of Spring 2018.
( Collapse )
Panel highlights:[nothing spoilery]
- It's Sonequa's first time in Italy and she loves it so much she wants to move there
- Isaacs says they gave him a 700 page Federation manual to prepare the character but he said, "I'm not reading that." Very Lorca
- Sonequa enjoyed Enterprise for the Vulcan prescence, truly an angel with something good to say about everything
- Isaacs compliments Sonequa for maintaining a good atmosphere on set. Says he's been a part of many franchises and seen several actors become very famous overnight, so it's important to have that camraderie to keep people from losing their heads.
- Harberts says it was important to have a lot of dialogue in Klingon to explore and understand their culture
- One journo asks if they were inspired by any Shakespearean characters while they were developing their own. Isaacs says absolutely, mentions Henry V, Iago, Richard III and Coriolanus, and says he's always looking for parallels in the scripts. Shazad and Sonequa answers they've studied Shakespeare, and Sonequa says she's played Mercutio!
- Harberts says they all appreciate the fans and the fandom but it would be impossible to make everyone happy. He's not a huge fan of social media. (lol)
- When asked about possible spin-offs everybody says it's too soon to think about it, but Harberts brings up the possibilities of Burnham and Lorca prequels (NOGODNO.gif)
They also found some time to play tourist.
( Collapse )
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Les Moonves & CBS All Access (the streaming only platform that costs $6/mo) has greenlit the reboot of the iconic show.
Jordan Peele will produce it & Marco Ramirez (Daredevil/The Defenders)l will be writing scripts for the new show.
- She went to dinner with him and woke up not remembering anything and her neck was covered in hickeys
- LAPD had investigated back in 2012
- Guillod had previously left UTA and Paradigm due to sexual harassment issues, he is now the co-CEO of Primary Wave Entertainment
Conde Nast to shutter 'Teen Vogue' print edition, cut 80 jobs across titles: https://t.co/O7nxAqalph— Pret-a-Reporter (@pretareporter) November 2, 2017
- The print version of Teen Vogue is going to be discontinued though the online content is still going strong and will be maintained
- GQ, Glamour, Allure and Architectural Digest will lose an issue going from 12 issues a year to 11
- W and Conde Nast Traveler will only get 8 print issues a year
- Vogue, Vanity Fair, Wired, Brides and The New Yorker will maintain their publication schedules
- Teen Vogue editor Elaine Welteroth is rumoured to be leaving for Glamour
ONTD how do you feel about the death of print media?
-Talks about how he's not very comfortable as a talk show guest
-Devoted an episode of Nathan For You to fabricating the perfect Late Night Talk Show anecdote which he shared on Jimmy Kimmel Live and Late Night with Seth Meyers
-Shares a great story about how his 2 cats have different personalities
-He has an automated cat feeder so he doesn't have to worry about feeding his cats
-Introduces a clip from Nathan For You where he comes up with the idea to hire only asexuals at a computer repair shop
-The season finale airs November 9th and will be 2 hours long
Source Source 2 Source 3
All 8 are speaking under anonymity, for fears of professional repercussions. They all describe Spacey as having predatory behavior towards young male assistants, which included crude comments and nonconsensual touching.
One of these employees, a production assistant, states that he needed to pick Spacey up and drive him to set. Minutes before they arrived, Spacey put his hand down the assistant's pants. Spacey began touching him again as they arrived in Spacey's trailer. When the assistant told him how uncomfortable he was, Spacey left the set and did not return.
Another crew member stated Spacey's behavior was out in the open for everyone to see, but no one said anything for fear of losing their job, as "who's going to believe crew members?"
Production for House of Cards' final season shut down earlier this week. It is unknown when (or even if) it will continue.
In other Spacey news, an awards season push for his supporting role in Ridley Scott's All the Money in the World has been canned.
Detectorists returns to BBC Four, for a third and final season, on November 8th. Created, written, and directed by Mackenzie Crook, the show also stars Toby Jones. The first two seasons are currently streaming on Netflix.
Baldwin calls for change in Hollywood, admits he's "bullied women. I’ve overlooked women. I’ve underestimated women" https://t.co/uPWBr8HWHc— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 2, 2017
- Alec Baldwin was honoured by The Paley Center for Media where he and Steve Higgins talked
- “I certainly have treated women in a very sexist way. I’ve bullied women. I’ve overlooked women. I’ve underestimated women. Not as a rule. From time to time I’ve done what a lot of men do, which is… when you don’t treat women the same way you treat men. You don’t. I’m from a generation where you really don’t and I’d like that to change. I really would like that to change."
- Baldwin is a longtime friend of serial sexual predator James Toback and recently defended him in a series of now deleted tweets
There is only one person mentioned in GOP tax plan and it’s Steph Curry. 🤦🏾♂️ pic.twitter.com/YynmtvNgyH— Franklin Leonard (@franklinleonard) November 2, 2017
-House GOP leaders unveiled their new tax bill earlier today
-While the document is 429 pages, only one person is mentioned by name: Steph Curry
-The document explains how the proposal would differentiate "between the individual wage income of NBA All-Star Stephen Curry and the pass-through business income of Steve’s Bike Shop" regarding loopholes for small businesses
I wonder if Steve’s Bike shop is hiring...— Stephen Curry (@StephenCurry30) November 2, 2017
( Collapse )
Why do you think Steph was singled out, ONTD?
Sources: 1 2 3 4 5
-Wonder Woman has officially passed Spiderman to become the #1 grossing superhero origin film world wide!
-This is Wonder Womans first solo foray onto the big screen and is currently the #1 DCEU film domestically along with being the #5 highest grossing superhero films stateside.
-Spiderman earned $821.7 back in the day by the time it ended it's theatrical run.
-Wonder Woman has earned $821.74
( Collapse )
Mods this is not old news. She just beat Spiderman worldwide.
Feldman told Matt Lauer:
"I sat down and I gave them names" "They're on record. They have all this information."
Police say that's not the case. The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office told Fox News:
"We are aware of the statements that Mr. Feldman is making regarding an investigation in 1993,". "Our records do not indicate that he named any suspects."
The first promo for the black-ish spin-off starring Yara Shahidi is now out. The show premieres January 3rd.
One of the new stars of How to Get Away With Murder this season is veteran actor Jimmy Smits (NYPD Blue, Sons of Anarchy) who plays Dr. Isaac Roa, Annalise Keating's (Viola Davis) therapist and fellow recovering addict. Jimmy talks with TV Insider about his role and being part of Shondaland.
( Collapse )
Episode/Discussion Post for S04E06: "Stay Strong, Mama"
source: more of the interview @ TV Insider
No one snatches Britney's weave but her! The Princess of Pop was busy slaying another show of her successfful Piece of Me residency in Las Vegas when in the midst of some intense hair-flipping action, Britney ended up taking out her own extensions. Always the pro she continued with the show (and the hairflips).
( Collapse )
ONTD have you ever snatched your weave/wig?
Source 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=861&v=rQ3sNO9VJSc
Source 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwuYD8QFsxg
Source 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=ofivt94N5gY
- Bette Midler recently sounded-off about the alleged remake of the 1993 Touchstone film Hocus Pocus. The remake is supposedly going to air on Disney Channel, which ironically used to show the original film a lot, back when the network was actually decent.
- Midler has stated before that the role of Winifred Sanderson is her personal favorite role out of all the things she has done throughout her decades long career.
- "I know it’s cheap. It’s going to be cheap!” Midler told People at the New York Restoration Project’s Hulaween party on Monday. “I’m not sure what they’re going to do with my character. My character is very, very broad and I don’t know who they’re going to find to play that.”
She didn't lie, but Hollywood isn't ever gonna listen because they don't know how to come up with anything original anymore.
* Wendy Riss Gatsionius, now 52, says she met Hoffman in 1991 when she was a 25-year-old playwright ,
* They met to discuss turning her play A Darker Purpose into a film ,
* She claims Hoffman repeatedly tried to get her to go with him to a hotel.
The Double Dutchess chanteuse is crying on TV again but this time it aint about chart positions (or lack thereof). Rather the impromptu moment happened when Fergie was asked about her current situation and arrangement with her ex-husband Josh Duhamel. Giving you blood, sweat and literal tears a true artisTe!
( Collapse )
ONTD are you a public cryer?
Source 1 Source 2 Source 3
- Teen Mom's Amber Portwood, 27, is pregnant with her second child
- She is having a baby with her new boyfriend Andrew Glennon
- Amber met him on the show, Marriage Bootcamp, Amber was a contestant with her ex fiancé Matt Baier
- Glennon worked on the show & contacted her after the show ended
SLADE RETURNS; VIGILANTE REAPPEARS IN STAR CITY — Slade (guest star Manu Bennett) returns and asks Oliver (Stephen Amell) for help in tracking down his son. When they learn Joe (guest star William Franklyn-Miller) has been taken hostage by mercenaries, their mission to save him gets complicated by a terrible revelation that could shatter Slade’s hopes of reunion forever. Meanwhile, Vigilante reappears in Star City. Joel Novoa directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Spiro Skentzos (#605). Original airdate 11/9/2017.
source / source
* CBS’ Stephen Colbert-hosted Late Show has yanked its interview with CBS primetime star Jeremy Piven in the wake of allegations by two women that he sexually harassed them,
“Jeremy Piven’s interview for Friday’s broadcast was pre-taped earlier this week on Monday, October 30. Since we were unable to address recent developments in that interview, we are replacing that segment with a new guest.”
* Piven accused of sexual assault by reality star Ariane Bellamar
* Piven has denied the claims
Joanna Krupa will be miserable.
A social satire in which a guy realizes he would have a better life if he were to shrink himself.
- Today marks the 20th Anniversary of the ABC television movie Cinderella, starring Whitney Houston, Brandy Norwood, Bernadette Peters, Whoopi Goldberg, Victor Garber, Jason Alexander, and others. Whitney Houston served as executive producer in addition to costarring.
Fun Fact: Randall was on Wild 'n' out in the mid 00s
The new Thor film's opening weekend is expected to surpass $100 million domestically, after anticipation has been ramping up in recent weeks. It has already earned more than $100 million worldwide and is on track for more than $400 million by Sunday. The first Thor movie grossed a total of $449 million and the second film grossed $645 million. Ragnarok is well positioned to easily pass those numbers.
Early reactions from initial screenings tonight?
Some of the Questions:
- Would you rather be stuck on a deserted planet with Hela or Loki?
- Would you rather “Netflix and chill” with a permanently shrunk Ant-Man or a permanently Hulked-out Hulk?
- Would you rather have to say “HULK SMASH!” before you can kiss anyone or before you can use the bathroom?
- Would you rather have a human-sized body with a Hulk-sized head or a Hulk-sized body with a human-sized head?
-- co-creator Max Mutchnick knew they weren't going to get Rosario's actress Shelley Morrison to return as she has now retired from acting, so they gave her a proper sendoff in the latest episode
-- the episode also addresses Grace's mother, played by the late Debbie Reynolds. She had died sometime between the past finale season, and this revival season.
Papa John: 'The NFL has hurt us. We are disappointed the NFL and its leadership did not resolve this' https://t.co/owWHIPnwiY— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) November 1, 2017
"During a quarterly conference call, Papa John's CEO John Schnatter said that the protest should have been "nipped in the bud" a year and a half ago, when former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started kneeling during the playing of the national anthem."
Frozen pizza company, DiGiorno, responded to the Papa John's backlash through various tweets...
Us: 🍕📈— DiGiorno Pizza (@DiGiornoPizza) November 1, 2017
( Collapse )
BONUS PIZZA PHOTO:
[Spoiler (click to open)]here's a vegan mac n cheeze pizza, just cuz
SOURCES 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ONTD, do you prefer square cut or round pie?
Have you ever made the mistake of dating