Based on the best-selling books by R.L. Stine, "Goosebumps" was adapted into a television show for FoX Kids in the United States on October 27, 1995. The show ran for 4 seasons (74 episodes) and aired its last episode on November 16th, 1998. Since Sony's movie sequel "Goosebumps: HorrorLand" begins filming this month and Halloween is around the corner, this OP decided to come out of Originals retirement for this childhood classic in the month of October. Selecting ten episodes for this was rather difficult so I had to go with a combination of the classics as well as personal favorites. Grab your favorite "Goosebumps" book adaptation to throw at me and let's get into it shall we? In no particular order...
Night of the Living Dummy II
Villain: Slappy | Season 1 Episode 10 | Original Air Date: January 12, 1996
Amy Kramer's ventriloquist dummy. Dennis, keeps losing his head, literally. Her father surprises her with a new ventriloquist dummy named Slappy who she accidentally brings to life. Soon afterwards he begins framing Amy for things she didn't do but her family and friends do not believe her when she says it's her new dummy doing these things. It's up to Amy to stop Slappy and save her family before it's too late.
Pre-Teen Me Shook Rating:
Slappy. Oh snap!
( Collapse )
too many episodes that didn't make the cut i'm mad at myself tbh. part dos?
ONTD, what's your favorite "Goosebumps" episode/book?
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Woody Allen 'sad' for Weinstein https://t.co/L8A4H7xrSD— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) October 15, 2017
Harvey Weinstein is pretty much solely responsible for reviving Woody Allen’s failing career after he was accused of molesting his daughter Dylan Farrow. Consequently, the BBC felt compelled to ask Woody’s opinion on the Weinstein scandal, I guess: "No one ever came to me or told me horror stories with any real seriousness. And they wouldn't, because you are not interested in it. You are interested in making your movie.” I mean, yeah, I wouldn’t entrust being sexually assaulted or harassed with an alleged pervert, but you’re not interested in it? It’s not of interest to you? Women being systematically abused isn’t of interest to an alleged predator? K! Also important to note: Mira Sorvino told Woody Allen’s son Ronan Farrow that Weinstein sexually harassed her while promoting Allen’s film “Mighty Aphrodite.” But he was only interested in making movies, so I guess he wouldn’t have cared if she confided in him.
He continues: "But you do hear a million fanciful rumours all the time. And some turn out to be true and some - many - are just stories about this actress, or that actor." Is he implying Weinstein is innocent or is he projecting himself into this story?
"The whole Harvey Weinstein thing is very sad for everybody involved. Tragic for the poor women that were involved, sad for Harvey that is life is so messed up.“ Sad! How will Harvey move on after traumatizing countless women, some of whom seem to report experiencing PTSD and lifelong trauma associated with the sex acts he forced on them.
Woody Allen also wants to warn people to be careful! “You also don't want it to lead to a witch hunt atmosphere, a Salem atmosphere, where every guy in an office who winks at a woman is suddenly having to call a lawyer to defend himself. That's not right either.” Hey moron, no one is conflating a wink with sexual assault and rape.
Predators gotta stick together!
YOU MOTHERFUCKING PIGLET https://t.co/UU9LitO9zJ— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 15, 2017
2) Hearing the audience’s vile roars & laughs show EXACTLY what kind of HOLLYWOOD you really are. https://t.co/HBqNxnpr7N— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 15, 2017
that is exactly the point https://t.co/bmQnQDIeU8— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 15, 2017
( Collapse )
sources: 1 2 3 4
white women really cannot be trusted tbh
Argentine football mega star Messi and wife Antonela Roccuzzo have announced they are expecting their third baby together via an Instagram post on Antonela's page captioned "family of five".
The couple, that got married last June, has two sons - Thiago who is five next month and Mateo who turned two last September.
The full review is only found in its print magazine so here's some highlights:
-- The game a spiritual successor to Super Mario 64. Expect some throwbacks.
-- Its big risks pay off handsomely.
-- Peach has a huge role in the postgame, though not how you think.
-- The game is surprisingly violent in places.
-- Fans of Breath of the Wild (another perfect 10 game from Edge) will love the influence it has on this.
Super Mario Odyssey hit shelves next Friday, October 27.
Roger Federer got one over his old rival Rafael Nadal to win the Shanghai Masters 6-4, 6-3.
It was a 94th title for the Swiss legend.
This was Federer’s fifth straight win against Nadal.
( Collapse )
sources : 1, 2, 3, 4
• The McVegan option is being tested in Finland only so far. Sales are from October 4th 2017 to November 21st 2017 at five locations in Tampere, Finland.
• "The first results are very promising. At the moment at least, it feels like it might be sold nationwide," said spokeswoman Heli Ryhanen.
• According to a 2009 survey, fewer than 1% of people in Finland identify as vegan.
• Making the McVegan option permanent will depend on whether sales continue after the initial curiosity.
ONTD, do you eat meat or are you vegetarian/vegan?
#HOYTSAUSTRALIA (@HoytsAustralia) October 15, 2017
- Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, & director Taika Waititi attended the Sydney premiere of Thor Ragnarok on Sunday, October 15th
- Thor Ragnarok was filmed in Australia
SEVERE TRIGGER WARNING: the accounts that have been published by Russell (on the request of each author's anonymity) are graphic and upsetting.
Model Cameron Russell (who you might remember from the incredibly popular 2013 Ted Talk, "Looks Aren't Everything. Believe me, I'm a Model") is using a hashtag on her personal Instagram (#MyJobShouldNotIncludeAbuse) that has picked up significant attention in the last few days detailing sexual harassment in the fashion industry, with over 50 submissions so far. Articles have been written in TheCut, Bustle, the Telegraph and the Independent but the buzz behind the story is significantly quieter than the current focus on Harvey Weinstein.
I am hoping to signal boost the issue by posting it here. Even though I hate to add to the flood of upsetting posts. I'm also hoping it qualifies as a post in terms of celeb-status!
ITV2's hit series Bromans has been nominated for a National Television Award! The sizzling reality competition challenges 8 sexy couples to live as if in ancient Roman times, as the boys duke it out to see who will be crowned Britain's Next Broman Superstar. Dust off your mandals, and be sure to vote for TV's hottest new show.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Storm clouds rolled into Ancient Rome this week as new couple [Spoiler (click to open)]Chet and Helen brought the drama from the second they stepped into the colosseum. Tempers flared as the bros were shackled two-by-two, and the new housemates ruffled everyone's man-skirts. The ladies were challenged to class up the joint with some art, poetry, and interpretive dance. The winners were awarded a wine and cheese night at Club Colosseum.
Back in the ring, the lads were once again asked to compete against each other in a wet-n-wild obstacle course.
( Collapse )
The epic saga continues Thursday on ITV2.
Sources: @DavidMcintosh. @ITV2, 1. @BrandonpMyers. @CallumAncrum. @Bromans, 1. @GayTwitter, 1, 2. Twitter, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
Bromans Episode I | Episode II | Episode III | Episode IV
ONTD: Fan-cast a celebrity version of this show!
Meghan Markle 'QUITS Suits' amid speculation she will 'announce engagement to Prince Harry' soon https://t.co/z7Yc4fvxco— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) 15 octobre 2017
Meghan Markle is said to have quit her highly successful role on Suits. She will not be returning for the show's eighth season next year.
She can't really act at the same time as being a princess and is happy to make this career sacrifice.
ONTD, how long do you think this will last?
Bjork details Danish director's sexual harassment toward her: "He sulked and punished me" https://t.co/9e2t3RDVu5— Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) October 15, 2017
The director, not named, is presumed to be Lars von Trier. Björk starred as a daydreaming factory worker in his 2000 film, Dancer in the Dark. The film won the prestigious Palme d'Or at Cannes that year.
Her statement ends with a message of hope: "there is a wave of change in the world".
Taylor Swift's "Reputation" has over 600,000 pre-orders from Target & iTunes. It's projected that it'll debute with 1.7 MILLION copies sold! pic.twitter.com/KrliwgTeMD— THE POP HUB 👄 (@ThePopHub) October 15, 2017
Despite much of the controversy surrounding Taylor, Reputation's first week sales are projected to be around 1.7m which would end up breaking her 1989 first week sales record of 1.2 million.
Look What You Made me do is currently number #1 on pop radio and still hanging in the top ten despite no actual promo or performances.
Do you think Taylor will sell 1m in a week again ONTD?
The Gronkowskis challenged A-Rod and the Sharks to a game of flip cup on Shark Tank 😂 pic.twitter.com/y1YhpnAlEn— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) October 16, 2017
• On tonight's "Shark Tank," retired baseball player and Jennifer Lopez's current boyfriend, Alex Rodriguez (ARod), made a special appearance as a celebrity guest shark.
• New Englands Patriots star Rob Gronkowski helped his brother Chris pitch his insulated 'Ice Shaker' sports bottle in the tank.
• They play flip cup with the Sharks because why not bro?
• When Chris couldn’t find what he was looking for, he started "Ice Shaker." It's a well insulated, grade stainless steel cup with a vacuum-insulated double wall. It can hold ice for 30 hours in 75 degrees without any condensation forming on the exterior of the bottle.
[Did the Sharks Invest? Spoiler...]Of course. Mark Cuban and Arod both invest in "Ice Shaker."
Because that family doesn't have a single dollar to invest in it already.
• No word yet if
let's go brocery shopping.
ONTD, do you invest your money?
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3
The actress was accused of blaming women for being sexually harassed.
follow up this post
"I'm being told my N.Y. Times piece resonated with so many and I am beyond grateful for all of the feedback. I also see a bunch of people have taken my words out of the context of the Hollywood machine and twisted them to imply that God forbid I would blame a woman for her assault based on her clothing or behavior. Anyone who knows me and my feminism knows that's absurd and not at all what this piece was about. It's so sad how vicious people are being when I basically live to make things better for women. I am doing a Facebook live with the N.Y. Times Monday morning. Let's discuss it then."
Katy pulled the fans, Katie and Becky, out of the crowd and took them onstage. Then Katie (not Katy) dropped to one knee and proposed to Becky.
Then Katy (not Katie) fell on all fours from excitement as the couple got lovey-dovey.
Does this make up for her not apologizing for "Ur So Gay?"
- In an except from actress Anna Faris's book Unqualified, she discusses leaving her first husband, Ben Indra for Chris Pratt after they met on the set of Topher Grace's vanity flop Take Me Home Tonight. Confiding in a close friend of hers, he told her "If I was going to leave my husband, I had to be a surgeon with a scalpel about it. Do it immediately and effectively, he said."
- Admits she "felt like a villain", saying "I had to repeat myself a number of times before he took me at my word. 'You're just tired; you're really tired,' he responded at first. I just said: 'Nope, I'm leaving you.' "
- After dying her hair blonde, she also contemplated getting breast implants when she was dating fellow animal abuser Pratt.
- She "desperately wanted to f**k Pratt" when she first met him, but didn't actually want to go through with it until her divorce was finalized.
NAGL. I feel terrible for their son. I hope he is doing okay.
INTRODUCING THE #GIGIxMAYBELLINE JETSETTER PALETTE: I always wanted a palette that I could throw right in my purse or travel bag and know I have everything to do a light-everyday look, quickly and easily. I didn't want to have to open my makeup bag in the car or on a plane and take all the products out and worry about dropping anything or having somewhere to set it while I held my mirror. The Jetsetter Palette includes contour powder/bronzer, blush, powder highlight, concealer, lip gloss, eye shadow, black powder liner, a mini mascara, mini blush/contour and liner/eyeshadow brushes AND a mirror!!! I love mixing it up and using the lip as cheek tint, the eyeshadow to fill my eyebrows, blush on my eyelids, concealer as a nude lip base, etc. It's the most luxurious touch-up ever!!!!!! Can't wait to see how & where you use yours! 🛩☁️💕
COMING SOON TO @ULTABEAUTY 🇺🇸 !!!!
OUR EXCLUSIVE UK Jetsetter Palette DROP - @BOOTSUK ONLINE - SOLD OUT IN LESS THAN 90 MINS THIS MORNING!!!! 🇬🇧 THANK YOU SO MUCH! Stay tuned to @maybelline for launch dates for your country
This is probably the blandest palette I've ever seen...Thoughts ?
10 new books recommended by critics and editors at The New York Times https://t.co/jtF5qnW814— New York Times Books (@nytimesbooks) October 13, 2017
HER BODY AND OTHER PARTIES: Stories, by Carmen Maria Machado
A wife refuses her husband's entreaties to remove the green ribbon from around her neck. A woman recounts her sexual encounters as a plague slowly consumes humanity. A salesclerk in a mall makes a horrifying discovery within the seams of the store's prom dresses. One woman's surgery-induced weight loss results in an unwanted houseguest. And in the bravura novella Especially Heinous, Machado reimagines every episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, a show we naively assumed had shown it all, generating a phantasmagoric police procedural full of doppelgangers, ghosts, and girls with bells for eyes.
Earthy and otherworldly, antic and sexy, queer and caustic, comic and deadly serious, Her Body and Other Parties swings from horrific violence to the most exquisite sentiment.
( Collapse )
SOURCE: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Book post! Latest book buys (or library check outs)???
Harry waving the bi and trans flags tonight in Austin, 11/10! pic.twitter.com/GwhUK0ctAX— Harry Styles Updates (@TheHarrySource) October 12, 2017
In August Harry filmed a 1 hour special for the BBC, following in the footsteps of fellow Brit singer song writer Adele
In “Harry Styles at the BBC” he will perform tracks before a live studio audience from his record breaking solo album, as well as discuss his life and career with BBC Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw.
Host Nick Grimshaw has not seen the final cut yet but Harry has and loves it:
“I’ve not seen it, Harry’s seen it and he really likes the show. He thinks it’s fantastic.” -Nick Grimshaw on Harry's BBC special— Harry Styles Updates (@KingHSUpdates) October 12, 2017
Source 1 2 3
- Jlo, Dj Khaled, Mary J Blige, Jamie Foxx, Mike Tyson, Rita Ora, Usher and everyone else praises and excuses him through the whole thing.
- He alleges that night in 2009 Rihanna took his demo CDs and began scratching them (he didn't have backups) halfway through "the fight", he took his bags and left her bleeding in car.
- Audio track of Rihanna talking about the incident on GMA plays throughout, while Chris paints (lmao).
- His lawyer says the male's brain doesn't develop full impulse control til 25 and Chris was only 18 (lmfao ok)
- Chris says he plead guilty cause he loves and wants to protect Rihanna and didnt wanna go to court and say she hit him too
- As a kid he told his mom that when he turned 15 he was gonna kill her mom's abusive boyfriend. Says after Rihanna stuff, he didn't see Chris he saw "that motherfu***r" (her mom's ex)
- Talks about GMA chair out the window incident: Says he goes over interview questions/what cant be asked beforehand but he was asked anyway so he was frustrated. "it's an unconscious impulsive demon". He says he didnt throw a chair through the window he actually punched the window. "I was crazy. That was psycho behavior"
- Rita ora says: "it's about time people see chris for who chris is, a loving, caring, gorgeous person"
What did you think of the premiere, ONTD? If you're not watching this show, why don't you love yourself?
P.S. Sorry mods for fucking up the HTML. Should be fixed now!