In a superhero origin tale unlike any other, PROFESSOR MARSTON & THE WONDER WOMEN is the incredible true story of what inspired Harvard psychologist Dr. William Moulton Marston to create the iconic Wonder Woman character in the 1940's. While Marston's feminist superhero was criticized by censors for her 'sexual perversity', he was keeping a secret that could have destroyed him. Marston’s muses for the Wonder Woman character were his wife Elizabeth Marston and their lover Olive Byrne, two empowered women who defied convention: working with Marston on human behavior research -- while building a hidden life with him that rivaled the greatest of superhero disguises.
Enter the chilling world of Castle Rock, the new Hulu Original drama series from Executive Producer J.J. Abrams and the mind of Stephen King.
Sharon Waxman, founder of The Wrap, alleges that Matt Damon and Russell Crowe helped kill her story on Harvey Weinstein's sexual misconduct.
Waxman says that she was given the green light to work on the story back in 2004 when she was a reporter at the New York Times.
Waxman had evidence that Weinstein paid off women he met in Europe during film festivals.
Matt Damon and Russell Crowe called Waxman directly in order to pressure her to kill the story.
• Amy from Edenburg: Q: My wedding's coming up, and I want to surprise my fiancé by writing a song. Can you give me an opening line?
• Kevin from Nottingham: I'm a recent vegetarian but my boyfriend insists I eat his homemade sausage at least once before I fully commit to the cause. How do I handle this sticky sausage situation?
ONTD, are you a vegetarian or do you love sausage?
She calls the allegations "disgraceful" and says the women speaking out against him are "heroes."
Meryl Streep says that she had no idea about any of the allegations against Harvey Weinstein.
Meryl also adds that if everybody knew, she doesn't believe that investigative reporters would have neglected for decades to write about it.
Harvey Weinstein called 'Captain America's Hayley Atwell 'a fat pig' https://t.co/7WJya0wyJA— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) October 9, 2017
+ Weinstein was visiting the set of "Brideshead Revisited" as he was set to distribute the film in North America. He walked over to Hayley and started flirting with her. As he sat with the cast and crew for lunch, he noticed the way Hayley was eating and told her that he didnt like what he saw during filming this morning. Weinstein then said she looked like a "fat pig" and told her to stop eating so much. Atwell told Emma Thompson what happened and she flipped out on Weinstein. She threatened to quit if he continued with such behavior.
Megyn Kelly landed the first TV interview with TV reporter Lauren Sivan, who, just a few days ago, alleged that Harvey Weinstein sexually assaulted her.
In the interview she asked Sivan a series of victim-blaming questions.
After a commercial break, Kelly asked Sivan why she didn't come forward with her experience right away, and why she didn't go to the cops.
Kelly asked if Sivan felt like she could have escaped and Sivan said looking back, she feels like she could have pushed past him if she felt her life was in danger, but at the time she was so shocked and it all happened relatively quickly.
Nene Leakes Tells Audience Member She Hopes She Gets Raped By Uber Driver https://t.co/xnqpAp1gkR— TMZ (@TMZ) October 9, 2017
- While on her standup comedy tour (op note: this still a thing?) in Oakland, California, NeNe Leakes was booed by an audience member.
- Being the awesome person that she is, Nene went on a rant about how the audience member was rude and finished it with, "I hope when you call for your Uber tonight, that that driver pulls off somewhere and rapes you".
- Nene's reps already tried dismissing the claim by saying she was very drunk but issued no other statements.
- A video surfaced thanks to a member of Lipstick Alley being in the audience and can be seen here.
How long until this dumbass says "its just comedy yall, get a sense of humor"?
Filmmaker David France released a Netflix doc Friday about Marsha P. Johnson. It is based on Reina Gossett’s work (her statement below). pic.twitter.com/YtQiVMuOjm— Janet Mock (@janetmock) October 7, 2017
Hi Janet. Please see below. pic.twitter.com/sHjz9CvU7T— David France (@ByDavidFrance) October 7, 2017
- David France's film The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson, a documentary about the famous activist/Gay Liberation Front founder and her mysterious death in 1992, came out on Netflix this weekend (look ha up if you somehow don't know her)
- Reina Gossett, a black trans woman filmmaker who was (also) irl friends with Marsha and made a fictional short film earlier this year called Happy Birthday, Marsha! about the hours before the Stonewall Riots, says that he ripped off her research work and got a grant to make his film after "[getting] inspired" by her application video, hired her former associates, etc.
- Activist and author Janet Mock is speaking out in Reina's defense
- France denies it and says he made an effort not to overlap with her work, etc.
Yikes tbh. I'm not familiar with either filmmaker's work, but this sounds sketch as fuck. I was looking forward to watching that doc, but...
Source (Janet's Twitter) | David France's Twitter
After the sudden departure of Jedediah Bila as the conservative panelist of The View, we are welcomed with what was her rumored replacement Meghan McCain. She talks about talking to Whoopi off-the-record in regards to this job and how she will always be butting heads with Joy. She talks about her experience during her father's diagnosis and treatment.
They hit the ground running by talking about the VP Mike "Darth" Pence leaving the Colts v. 49ers game and the ousting of Harvey Weinstein from his own company as more details/evidence in regards to his scandal. Jason Ritter joins the panel to promote his show ABC'S Kevin (Probably) Saves the World and breaks the Guinness World Record for Most Hugs while on The View.
( Collapse )
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
It's my favorite time of year when our Power Of Women, LA issue is published. Make sure you read it tomorrow! Congrats to all our honorees! pic.twitter.com/Mbyx7EjFMh— Claudia Eller (@Variety_Claudia) October 9, 2017
- Kelly Clarkson, Octavia Spencer, Patty Jenkins, Michelle Pfeiffer and Priyanka Chopra cover Variety.
I can't wait for the walking dead crossover! Nick and Troy forever <3
Billboard Hot 100: #1 (=) Bodak Yellow, @iamcardib *third week at 1* [14 weeks]— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) October 9, 2017
-Cardi B's Bodak Yellow is No. 1 for the third week in a row.
-Beyonce reaches new peak of No. 3.
The only time I find myself worrying about the result is when I’m filming, because I’m working all day, and then I come home and my brain’s just like, What should we panic about? After I’ve finished the process, though, it’s done for me. I’ve done my work, and I’ve gotten what I need to get out of it—I’ve fulfilled myself. What happens next doesn’t really matter
( Collapse )
source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
- Ivana is promoting her new memoir coming out Tuesday, “Raising Trump,” and spoke out on life, family, etc.
- On Melania and the White House: "I [don't] really want to call him there, because Melania is there. And I don't want to cause any kind of jealousy or something like that, because I'm basically first Trump wife. OK? I'm first lady."
- A spokesperson for Melania responded: "Mrs. Trump has made the White House a home for Barron and the President. She loves living in Washington, D.C., and is honored by her role as First Lady of the United States. She plans to use her title and role to help children, not sell books. There is clearly no substance to this statement from an ex. Unfortunately only attention-seeking and self-serving noise."
( Collapse )
John Oliver introduces this segment by noting how when Jimmy Savile was exposed as a sexual predator, all monuments to him were torn down. He argues that since the Confederate states were fighting for slavery and all Confederate soldiers were traitors to the US, the monuments should also be removed. Many Americans believe the civil war was primarily fought over “states’ rights,” which I guess is true if you believe states should have the right to allow white people to own black people. He notes that many states’ declarations of secession explicitly mentioned slavery, including Mississippi’s which stated, “Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery.” Additionally, Confederate VP Alexander Stevens said in a speech that the “cornerstone [of the confederacy] rests upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man, that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.”
( Collapse )
-Noel Gallagher released his new single today called "Holy Mountain" which he describes as being, "about the joy of love".
-The song comes as a bit of a surprise to NGHFB fans who were expecting less of a pop-tune and more of a psych-rock sound. Some have said it sounds like a Beach Boys tune and others have claimed it sounds like Ricky Martin's "She Bangs" (lmao dead).
-Single is available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, and more.
( Collapse )
So glad I got tickets to see him next year! This song is gonna be so fun live in concert!
Sources: Noel's Twitter / Liam's Twitter 1 / Liam's Twitter 2 / Liam's Twitter 3 / Official Charts
Beautiful Ruins - Jess Walter
What it's about: Spanning decades, the book kicks off in 1962 on the Italian coast, following the ups and downs of a love affair that ends in Hollywood years later.
Who's starring: Imogen Poots will play Dee Moray, and Sam Mendes will produce and potentially direct the film adaptation.
( Collapse )
Source 1 2 3 4 5
( Collapse )
source 1 2 3 4 5
Ashley Graham Calls Out Haters Who Fat Shame Her for Working Out: ‘I Love the Skin I’m In’ https://t.co/FXTA5Z7oLg— People (@people) October 9, 2017
Model Ashley Graham believes that working out isn't about losing weight, but about "health". Sunday night, obese model Graham posted several instagram videos of her working out. She later posted a text image to call out haters:
“EVERYTIME after I post a workout video I get comments like…’You’ll never be skinny, so stop trying,’ ‘Don’t workout too hard, you’ll get skinny,’ ‘You still need your fat to be a model,’ ‘Why would you want to loose what made you famous,’ ”
What do you weigh?
After throwing a fit (threat of lawsuits, protesting, reports of violence, etc) about not getting faux limited edition Szechaun dipping sauce (some locations reportedly got 20 packets and workers were reportedly harassed), McDonalds will be bringing it back in December in larger quantities and at more locations.
After decades apart, Jamie and Claire finally reunite and rekindle their emotional and physical bonds. But Jamie's new business dealings jeopardize the couples' hopes for a simple life together.
Outlander airs 8pm on Sunday nights, it is also made available midnight on the day of airing OnDemand.
omg, omg, omg....so excited for next week's sexy times in extended episode format! my heart is so full. although idgas about brianna and roger. just give me more jamie/claire.
ESPN's Statement on Jemele Hill: pic.twitter.com/JkVoBVz7lv— ESPN PR (@ESPNPR) October 9, 2017
After the Dallas Cowboys' loss last night, owner Jerry Jones clarified his position on his players potentially protesting during the anthem.
Jerry Jones says the Cowboys will bench any player who 'disrespects' the flag. https://t.co/KoNUjwCjDZ— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) October 9, 2017
Dallas' three biggest stars, including their starting quarterback, are black but they all have previously made statements indicating their lack of desire to consider participating in the protest and seem unlikely to test Jerry's willingness to bench key players.
SportsCenter anchor Jemele Hill tweeted about Jerry's comments and advised people who are upset over Jerry's comments to consider boycotting instead of pressuring stars to protest.
( Collapse )
SOURCE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
John Mayer-lite Shawn Mendes hangs out with...well John Mayer. This isn't the first time these two buddies hang, Last year, John and his "white supremacist dick" listened to a few songs off Shawn's current album. Mendes says, "I didn't get to work with him, but he listened to a bunch of the songs and gave great pieces of advice through the music and production and lyrics and stuff, especially on songs like Three Empty Words and Ruin and Patience. It was great to have him listening through it all." Check out a clip of of Shawn and John performing Treat You Better at The Hotel Cafe.
( Collapse )
ONTD, do you approve of this "friendship?"
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3
They claim to have had no idea about the popularity of the phrase "red pill" among MRA's.
“The title references a term popularized in ‘The Matrix.’ It was never the band’s intention to reference anything else. The band is shocked that this has even come up.”
This actress joins the growing list of women who have spoken about Harvey Weinstein's harassment on the record https://t.co/ZB30LKu4tD— The Cut (@TheCut) October 9, 2017
Romola Garai recalls how when she was just 18, she arrived at Weinstein’s hotel room at the Savoy so he could “personally approve” her. He came to the door in just a bathrobe. “I felt violated by it, it has stayed very clearly in my memory….The point was that he could get a young woman to do that, that I didn’t have a choice, that it was humiliating for me and that he had the power. It was an abuse of power.”
Garai says, “[I]t’s so well known in the industry”: “There are so many stories about him sending weird texts and harassing actresses, telling them he’ll give them a part if they come to dinner with him – that’s really really common.”
Found in leaked ICC documents was some interesting email correspondence between Angelina Jolie and ICC Chief Prosecutor Luis Moreno Ocampo.
In 2012 there was a plan for Angelina Jolie to personally lure Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony in.
Ocampo emailed her: “Apparently you can be embedded with the special forces that are chasing Kony. Can Brad go with you?”
Angie responded: “Brad is being supportive. Let’s discuss logistics. Much love Xxx.”
Angie apparently had the idea to invite Kony to dinner and then arrest him:
“Forget other celebrities, she is the one."
He added: "She loves to arrest Kony. She is ready. Probably Brad will go also.”
- Previously co-writer Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down, Pineapple Express) said the film would follow the first 2 movies but expressed dislike in Michael Myers and Laurie Strode being siblings.
- John Carpenter has now said, "It picks up after the first one and it pretends that none of the others were made."
- Jamie Lee Curtis is set to return with Judy Greer possibly playing her daughter, Karen.
- No info revealed on how Laurie and Michael are reunited after 40 years but a small plot summary was released when Jamie Lee Curtis' return was announce: Laurie Strode comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.
- John Carpenter is rumored to be doing the movie's score.
- Release date set for October 19, 2018.
Charlie Puth was one of the names in the mix to judge ABC's upcoming reboot of American Idol, before producers ultimately landed on Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, and Luke Bryan. Access Hollywood caught up with Charlie and asked what happened. In the video above, Charlie says:
"It was a choice on my end. Kinda where I am now in my musical life — I don't want to say that I'm on fire, but I'm seeing a lot of success all at once right now, and that success requires a lot of demand where I need to be in a short amount of time."
With that being said, Charlie says there is no love lost, adding that American Idol inspired him to become a mega-successful singer and producer who has had global hits such as See You Again, Attention, We Don't Talk Anymore, Marvin Gaye, and his brand new single How Long, which is available on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, and everywhere music is offered now!
ONTD, are you seeing a lot of success in your life right now?
artwork photo by John Strandh, direction by ionnalee and John Strandh; in alliance with COMME des GARÇONS. Video is expected to drop soon.
Listen/buy in spotify/itunes/etc here
source / source
Tom Hiddleston got a massage for his new movie role!
He plays an evil lord (damn, what a stretch) in Early Man, a stop-motion pic from the creators of Wallace and Grommet. In the film, his character gets unknowingly massaged by a pig while in the bathtub.
The director, Nick Park, got into the recording booth with him and massaged Hiddles's shoulders to get the right sound effects. He says, “It was a strange feeling, massaging Tom Hiddleston’s shoulders and thinking how many people would pay to do this.”
Hiddles says of his massage, "It was odd… more physical than I had expected."
Where would you massage Tom Hiddleston, ONTD?
Lili Reinhart, who plays Betty Cooper on Riverdale, has to make 12 hard choices in less than 60 seconds. The actress had to choose between the Backstreet Boys or NSYNC, Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera, Lizzie McGuire or Hannah Montana, Serena van der Woodsen or Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl, Nate Archibald or Chuck Bass, Brandon Walsh or Dylan McKay from 90210, Jacob Black or Edward Cullen from Twilight, Betty Cooper or Veronica Lodge, Ryan Atwood or Seth Cohen from The O.C., Ashley or Mary-Kate Olsen, and Cody or Zack Martin from The Suite Life.
- Promotional stand-ins for Infinity War have leaked showing the various characters, including Thor and Black Widow.
- Thor's hair is the same as it is in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, while Widow's sporting short
fake as hellblonde hair
R.I.P. her beautiful Civil War wig....[Spoiler (click to open)]fucking Tony making her go into hiding
The Flash EP Teases a Lighter Season 4
( Collapse )
4x01 The Flash Reborn - Episode Description & Promo Pics
With Barry in the speed force, The West Family & Cisco/Vibe have taken over protecting Central City.
When a powerful armored villain threatens to level the city if The Flash doesn’t appear, Cisco makes a risky decision to break Barry out of the speed force. However, the Barry that comes out isn’t the same Barry that went in.
Airing 10th October, aka TOMORROW.
( Collapse )
Sources: EW Twitter, 4x01 Details, Promo
Are you ready for a lighter funner season, ONTD FlashFam? Tune in tomorrow night for the Season 4 premier!
Chef Kate McAloon, who worked for Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin in 2014 before they separated, recently gave an interview on what some of the celeb couples she's cooked for eat.
On Goop and Chris:
"I had a brief from their assistants ... they eat nothing. They are very strict. They avoided any sugars, anything sweet, no dairy, just more vegetables. When I got there, I was trying to stick to the brief. And I realized as I started adding more ingredients in, they said, ‘Your food is getting better.' That's what happens when you eat more than grass."
Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom:
"[Miranda and Orlando] both love my curries, light chicken or vegetarian curries with coconut, as well as quinoa, salmon and vegetables. I do a chicken salad with a lot of fresh herbs and chia puddings for breakfast."
Courtney Cox and David Arquette:
"They used to have lots of people over every Sunday. Sometimes it could be 15 people, sometimes it was 50. Whatever the number, she always lobbed it at me and I said ‘No problems'. There was the one time I grabbed the olive oil instead of the tequila to put in Courtney's margaritas, but otherwise things were pretty good."
sources: 1 2
She jumped into a convo between Women in Hollywood founder Melissa Silverstein and journalist Mark Harris to assert that she's not interested in working with Allen.
( Collapse )
source 1 2
I always wonder if my faves are specifically avoiding Allen or if they just haven't been asked. Good to know with Chastain it's a choice.
Will Smith, Tom Holland Starring in ‘Spies in Disguise’ (EXCLUSIVE) https://t.co/BpyXgAy0lr— Variety (@Variety) October 9, 2017
- New Fox Animation project named "Spies in Disguise"
- Inspired by animated short "Pigeon Impossible"
- Part of 20th Century Fox's reinvigoration of animation slate
- Comes out January 18, 2019
Per Hits Daily Double, Eminem will be releasing the lead single from his 9th album this Friday. The single is titled "Revenge" and will be featuring P!nk. He will reportedly release his album next month on the 17th, a week after Taylor Swift's "reputation".
- A PCD Reunion site us now up.
- As is a reunion Instagram page.
- According to a group insider: “Talk of the girls getting back together has been rife for a few years now and they have finally found a time which works for them all. They are still deciding whether it will involve a full tour or just a handful of performances but they are excited to be getting out there together again. The girls feel the time is right to let bygones be bygones and put any differences they had behind them and celebrate the great songs they made. As well as their old tunes, they are hoping to treat fans with new music, too.”
source: 1, 2, 3
A few exceptions: men like Judd Apatow, Seth Rogen, Paul Feig, Mark Ruffalo and James Gunn who have issued pro-victim statements or tweets.
However most prominent men who had relationships with Weinstein that stretched back decades have so far refused to comment.
In particular Matt Damon and Russell Crowe have yet to comment on allegations that they helped to bury a story involving Weinstein employing an Italian pimp to procure women for him.
( Collapse )
Is Mix & Match by Odd Eye Circle still the best mini album of 2017?
The cast and crew of Star Trek Discovery hit the New York Comic Con and Paleyfest this weekend.
At the NYCC the panel was moderated by Mae Jemison, the first female African-American NASA astronaut! Highlights from that and the Paleyfest panel:( Collapse )
Photos of the cast from social media
( Collapse )
sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- While many women have spoke out against Harvey Weinstein, very few men in the industry spoke out about the allegations. We also read earlier today that Matt Damon and Russell Crowe helped bury a story involving Harvey Weinstein employing an Italian pimp to procure women for him.
- George Clooney spoke out about the allegations in an interview with Marlow Stern. He calls the allegations "disturbing on a whole lot of levels". He also calls Weinstein's behavior "indefensible" and states that he's known Harvey for 20 years and has never seen this type of behavior from the producer (surejan.gif).
- He heard rumors that actresses would sleep with Harvey to get a role but he thought it was just a way of demeaning actresses so he didn't put too much stock into it.
- They speak about people criticizing Meryl for not knowing and George responds that he had no idea it went to the extent that it did and didn't know these women were victimized and threatened.
more at the source