Aries — Fitness Junkies by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza
About: From the bestselling authors of The Knockoff, an outrageously funny novel about one woman's attempt--through clay diets, naked yoga, green juice, and cultish workout classes--to win back her career, save her best friend, and lose thirty pounds.
When Janey Sweet, CEO of a couture wedding dress company, is photographed in the front row of a fashion show eating a bruffin--the delicious lovechild of a brioche and a muffin--her best friend and business partner, Beau, gives her an ultimatum: Lose thirty pounds or lose your job. Sure, Janey has gained some weight since her divorce, and no, her beautifully cut trousers don't fit like they used to, so Janey throws herself headlong into the world of the fitness revolution, signing up for a shockingly expensive workout pass, baring it all for Free the Nipple yoga, sweating through boot camp classes run by Sri Lankan militants and spinning to the screams of a Lycra-clad instructor with rage issues. At a juice shop she meets Jacob, a cute young guy who takes her dumpster-diving outside Whole Foods on their first date. At a shaman's tea ceremony she meets Hugh, a silver fox who holds her hand through an ayahuasca hallucination And at a secret exercise studio Janey meets Sara Strong, the wildly popular workout guru whose special dance routine has starlets and wealthy women flocking to her for results that seem too good to be true. As Janey eschews delicious carbs, pays thousands of dollars to charlatans, and is harassed by her very own fitness bracelet, she can't help but wonder: Did she really need to lose weight in the first place?
A hilarious send-up of the health and wellness industry, Fitness Junkie is a glorious romp through the absurd landscape of our weight-obsessed culture.
( Collapse )
source 1 2 3 4 5
Atlus reveals three new Persona spinoff games based on Persona 3 and Persona 5 https://t.co/E1ho33qIz9— Polygon (@Polygon) August 2, 2017
- Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night for PlayStation 4 + PlayStation Vita (Spring 2018 in Japan)
- Persona 5: Dancing Star Night for PlayStation 4 + PlayStation Vita (Spring 2018 in Japan)
- Persona Q2 for Nintendo 3DS (probably based on Persona 5)
Has anyone else here played Persona Q?
( Collapse )
My girls 9muses saving kpop! and idk about that CLC song...
Although she is a proponent for body-positivity and fat-acceptance, Oprah revealed that she can't accept herself if she weighs over 200 pounds, since a heavier weight puts her at risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Oprah explained that in order for your heart to keep pumping, your body needs the least amount of weight possible to do that. She says that people should totally accept their weight, but that for her personal acceptance meant finding the right weight-loss plan. Oprah says that being in control of her body is more important to her than being skinny.
At what weight do you stop accepting yourself?
- damn irv got old
- starts at 2:10
- tommy heard "if we" from the glitter soundtrack (also, why isn't that amazing masterpiece on spotify?!)
- he called irv at 6 am and said to make a record for jenny lo. with ja rule that's a duet
- irv knew tommy had heard if we and since he loathed mariah it was obvs
- irv wanted full created control. made the song in 10 mins.
- damn, mero looks GOOD.
- he wrote the record cuz jenny hadn't had a song for the projects
- desus and irv said it's cool jenny saying "the n-word" cuz it's new york and jenny's a n-word
- tommy was so into made it happen he gave irv and ja the sony jet for the week so they could be on the original i'm real video
- the original i'm real is the def of GLOW and BEAUTY and CHOREOGRAPHY oh wow your faves could never
r u still blaming a WOC for a feud with a fellow WOC started and orchestrated by a trash man, ontd?
Today's hosts: Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin, Sara Haines, Jedediah Bila and Whoopi
Today's 🔥 topics:
It's Thursday. If you watched the show live, Sara came out with her baby boy Alec who did a backwards crawling moonwalk. Back on topic though, the panel talks about the travel advisory that NAACP sent out in regards to Missouri. They passed Senate Bill 43 which makes it hard to for employees to prove their class and gender. It led to unlawful discrimination.
They talk about Steven Miller clashing with CNN's Jim Acosta during yesterday's White House presser. Joy makes a joke about that they should just let people who speak Russian. Sunny mentions him as the architect of the Muslim Travel Ban and his annoyances at people not understanding English. Joy states that we have a President who doesn't understand the difference between presidential and precedential.
Other hot topics discussed was Aziz Ansari quitting the internet as well as Bon Jovi avoiding Chris Christie.
They chat with Michael Moore about
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
- An anonymous actress has come forward to accuse director Kim Ki-duk of assaulting her before a sex scene on the set of his 2013 film Moebius
- Crew on the film back up her story
- The actress ended up quiting the film and was replaced with actress Lee Eun-woo
- The Supreme Prosecutors' Office is investigating the case
- Her new album is about her search for utopia.
- “If we’re gonna survive the situation the world is in today, we’ve got to come up with a new plan. Especially now, this kind of dream is an emergency.”
- Arca (co-producer of her last album, Vulnicura) is in the project (which she describes as “the strongest musical relationship she's had.”)
- No name and date announced, but there's a pre-order link.
( Collapse )
SOURCE 1 SOURCE 2 SOURCE 3.
He says broken relationships dictated his crappy behavior and he wants to be a good man
A letter from Justin Bieber pic.twitter.com/UiVYbh8eOQ— Purpose World Tour (@PurposeTour2016) 3 August 2017
He thinks imperfections are beautiful thus his letter is incorrect cause its from the heart
-Jill Duggar's husband Derick Dillard tweeted about the 16-year-old star of TLC's I Am Jazz, saying "What an oxymoron...a 'reality' show which follows a non-reality. 'Transgender' is a myth. Gender is not fluid; it's ordained by God." He followed it up by misgendering Jazz, saying "I want to be clear. I have nothing against him. I only have issue with the words and definitions being propagated here."
-Duggar and her husband star in Counting On, which also airs on TLC
-Jazz and TLC have not commented
so done with this gross ass dickface and the rest of this family. TLC should've canceled them a loooong time ago
Caption: So. This just happened. Vegan Heaven @doomiestoronto #vegan #bigmac #toronto #cheatmeal #plantbased)
- peta has launched an important investigation into whether the newly cast aladdin star mena massoud is vegan by combing through his instagram posts
- their conclusion is that he is at the very least vegan friendly and they laud him for bringing awareness that one can bodybuild and be vegan and plant based
( Collapse )
source 1 2 3 4 5 6
what are your favourite vegan recipes, ontd?
note: just rechecked all the embeds, sorry about the resubmit mods!
-This will be the first Kennedy Center Honors during the Trump administration.
-Those honored will be Cuban American Gloria Estefan, Lionel Richie, LL Cool J, Carmen de Lavallade, Norman Lear.
-Lionel Richie says he considers President Trump a close friends and says: “In the world of entertainment, I’ve got to tell you, Mr. Trump has been front and center,” Mr. Richie said. “That’s just what he does. You can’t miss him! Listen, when you say, do you want to sit next to the president or not — are you kidding me? He’s the president!”
After yesterday's news about The Good Fight, we learn that Erica Tazel, who played Barbara Kolstad, will not return to the show as a series regular. She may reprise her role as Kolstad in future episodes. She was also the last person to be added to the cast in Season 1.
“Redface,” the manufacturing of ersatz images of Native American identity, has long been a problem in Hollywood https://t.co/jFLOSUaDaA— The New York Times (@nytimes) August 3, 2017
- Writer-director Taylor Sheridan's new film Wind River is set in a remote Native American reservation in Alaska
- He asked the casting directors to make sure to cast actors who could prove they had Native American ancestry (the writer of the piece points out that this is a thorny issue and is sometimes impossible to prove as most Native Americans are of mixed descent including some of the actors that were eventually cast)
- Sheridan asked leaders of the Wind River nations to read over the script and provide guidance
- Even though the movie is set on a Native American reservation Sheridan wrote the two leads as white (portrayed by Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen) because he said he didn't want to be a white guy putting words in the mouths of Native Americans portraying their experience
CNN: Grand Jury— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) August 3, 2017
MSNBC: Grand Jury
Fox News: Is zebras a kind of horse?
Kumail Nanjiani - Actor/Comedian (Silicon Valley/Adventure Time/The Big Sick)
Today, two proposals were sent forward to protect Special Prosecutor Robert Swan Mueller III. If you've been living under a rock, the man was appointed as the Special Counsel by the DOJ in the investigation into the Russian interference in the 2016 US elections and matters relating to it. The legislation would protect Mueller from being fired by
Add to that, today we found out that Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in the Russia investigation. Along with that, we've learned that Mueller is looking into the financial trail in regards to
[🙏 🙏 🙏 TWEETS FOR THE LIVING!!! 🙏 🙏 🙏]
The Local Milk People just impaneled a Grand Jury in the Russia Investigation, muthafucka!— James Morrison (@JamesPMorrison) August 3, 2017
He'll nuke something or someone. Mueller, North Korea, the Press, his valet, Don Jr., Melania, something. https://t.co/lhlyO9MBzm— James Morrison (@JamesPMorrison) August 3, 2017
James Morrison - Actor (24/HawthoRNe/Twin Peaks)
Grand Jury.— Beau Willimon (@BeauWillimon) August 3, 2017
Mueller wouldn't impanel one if there was no there there.
This is serious.https://t.co/AqRuroUwPK
Beau Willimon - Screenwriter/Showrunner (House of Cards)
New bill would protect Mueller from being fired. Ds & Rs are united in effort to keep Donald from doing any more damage than he already has.— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) August 3, 2017
George Takei - Actor (Star Trek)
GRAND JURY IMPANELED IN DC pic.twitter.com/l3L1jPGfyu— ROSIE (@Rosie) August 3, 2017
Rosie O'Donnell - Actor/Comedienne (A League of Their Own/Rosie O'Donnell Show)
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
The rise of a new empire. Narcos Season 3 arrives
Plot Twist: Blac Chyna Makes More Money Than Rob, He Could Go After Her for Child Support in Custody Settlement https://t.co/NrjCALH0EI— B. Scott (@lovebscott) August 3, 2017
- TMZ says Chyna makes more from club appearances and her side businesses than Rob does so she could be the one paying child support in this equation.
- Rob's sock venture is a failure and he only gets nominal checks from his appearances on KUWTK. Kris bankrolls Rob's life
- A custody settlement is being ironed out. Rob will most likely get full custody as he does now. Chyna goes weeks without seeing baby Dream, same with King Cairo, whom Tyga has full custody of.
( Collapse )
Koda Kumi Releases Music Video for "LIT"
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Hoshino Gen Releases Music Video for "Family Song"
Namie Amuro Sues Tabloid "Josei Seven" for Libel and Publishing Photos of her Son
DANCE EARTH PARTY Releases Music Video for "POPCORN"
Some Japanese Fans of Wonder Woman are not Happy with the Lyrics of Theme Song "Onna wa Hitori ja Nemurenai" by Nogizaka46
Hiroomi Tosaka Releases Music Video for Wasted Love for his Solo Debut
Utada Hikaru 1a / 1b / 2 / 3
Koda Kumi 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Hoshino Gen 1
Namie Amuro 1 / 2
DANCE EARTH PARTY 1 / 2
Wonder Woman/Nogizaka46 1 / 2
akb48 also released their senbatsu single, but i figured the wonder woman/nogizaka46 news would interest ontd more
of newborn celeb offspring, baby bump posts on social media are all the rage, and interviewers are often desperate to be the first to sit down with a new celebrity parent. But while Hollywood (and society in general) spends a lot of time and attention on who is having babies and when, there are many celebrities that have chosen to stay child-free instead. Below are just some of the celebrities who have explicitly stated their desire for a child-free lifestyle:
1. Dame Helen Mirren
The 72 year-old has spoken openly about her choice to not have children:
“I never felt the need for a child and never felt the loss of it," she told AARP for its June magazine. "I’d always put my work before anything.”
Mirren even joked that she was in no rush to marry and called the institution "voluntary imprisonment." She's come around after meeting her husband.
Mirren married director, Taylor Hackford, in 1997 when she was 52. It was her first marriage.
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12
-On a recent interview for ET Mariah reveals how she maintains her vocal chords, she says she drinks champaign but adds honey to make sure her voice sounds hydrated.
-Mariah currently is the
( Collapse )
On fans calling "Cut to the Feeling" the Song of the Summer: "Obviously, it’s really flattering to hear that, but the song of the summer idea has always seemed a little crazy to me because I think you can have whole soundtracks and many songs."
• Feels that the yearly rat face to have one song declared as the "Song of the Summer" is a dangerous trap to get into. Feels it takes the heart out of writing music and you get caught up referencing songs that have worked before especially in the Los Angeles writing scene.
• Explains how there was a transition between the massive hype of "Call Me Maybe" into E*MO*TION but that she's content with her current mindie success. Carly adds: "It’s a little more intimate and less No. 1s, but I really don’t need those to be happy."
• Would love to share more unreleased material from the E*MO*TION sessions but feels she wouldn't be able to get away with releasing a Side C (my impact).
Read the full interview at the source.
ONTD, what is/are your Song(s) of Summer Seventeen?
-first season will have 16 episodes instead of 12
-of course there'll be trump jokes
-the best thing about this show that peaked in season 4 and somehow people think its great aka Karen Walker is of course a Trump supporter
-still no word on the past seasons being online
Alex Hirsch (Gravity Falls), Rebecca Sugar (Steven Universe), Ian Jones Quartey (OK KO! Let's be Heroes), and Dana Terrace (Gravity Falls/Ducktales) are all teaming up tonight to draw whatever you request for charity. They are fighting back on Trump's ban on Transgender Troops from join the military and donating all the money they recieve tonight to the Trevor Project which helps LGBT youths on crisis and suicide prevention. Alex Hirsch and Dana Terrace also hosted draw-a-thon charity streams in the past donating different organizations liked Planned Parenthood and the ACLU. The stream starts tonight at 11 PM EST/8 PM PST which you can watch here. The link to the donation page is here.
I'm glad they are doing this again, I definitely recommend watching it's usually a lot fun and for a good cause! (still love a cute drawing I got too from one of their older streams)
- a reporter at the Television Critics Association summer press tour: "Is Mon-El coming back in season 3? Nobody wants that."
- the CW CEO: “I think some people would disagree with you on that.”
“I understand there is some backlash to [Mon-El]. I am a big fan of Chris Wood and Melissa [Benoist], and they get along great. And you know what, it’s the right way to tell a story.”
ONTD, who do you want to return on WAG?
- more detailed background here and here
- summary: in vanity fair, angelina jolie revealed the casting process for the female lead in the upcoming film first they killed my father. the directors put money on the table, asked the child to come up with a story of why they needed it and take it, then the child would have to come up with a lie about it. this was called emotionally abusive and potentially triggering by critics. angelina later claimed this was taken out of context.
- according to vanity fair, angelina's lawyers contacted the magazine asking for the paragraph to be removed from the article and a statement to be made to clarify the issue.
- vanity fair responded by releasing the transcript.
( Collapse )
source 1 2
ontd, would you rather: have tywin lannister as hand of the king/queen or littlefinger?
would you rather: own a dragon or a direwolf?
source: entertainment weekly
In 2014, She was shooting a love scene with Canadian actor John Cor on the set of “The Perfect Girlfriend” when the dog attacked her.
The dog was allegedly no stray. It is said to be an untrained Boston Terrier that had a role in the movie.
The dog bite allegedly had severe consequences for Frantz. The actress was three months pregnant and opted to not get a tetanus shot in fear of harming her unborn child.
Frantz suffered a miscarriage less than two weeks after the bite, as well as post-traumatic stress, anxiety, depression and Graves’ disease.
The production company concedes that a dog “incident” took place, but insists Frantz was not seriously or permanently injured.
Suge Knight Pleads Not Guilty to Threatening ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director https://t.co/j4B1ImotSG— Variety (@Variety) 3 août 2017
Knight was extremely unhappy with his portrayal in the movie and threatened the director by text in 2014.
F. Gary Gray was reasonably in sustained fear for his safety and the safety of his immediate family.
In January, 2015, Knight was arrested on murder charges for running over Terry Carter while on the film’s Compton set with his car.
It is the latest in a long line of legal problems for Knight, dating back to 1987.
Chastain tweeted this:
( Collapse )
source 1 2 3 4
ONTD how diverse is the TV you watch?
• McDonalds announced delivery to those too lazy to get up and go eat at a location. It's available to more than 7,800 restaurants in 47 countries with that service expanding to about 25% of the current US locations with UberEats (a partnership that started earlier this January). "People are so used to living their lives with one click of a button," said McDonalds CEO Steve Easterbrook.
• Taco Bell's service differs in that it is testing a new option in the app called "Taco Mode" — a feature that allows Lyft passengers to push a button to have their driver take them to a Taco Bell drive-thru between 9pm and 2am.
• Taco Bell will test "Taco Mode" in Orange County, California, from July 27th to 29th and August 3 to 5, with plans to expand the service across the United States in 2018.
( Collapse )
ONTD, do you eat fast food?
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3
*Michelle Carter will spend 15 months in prison after being found guilty of involuntary manslaughter for repeatedly encouraging her boyfriend to commit suicide.
She was sentenced to 2 1/2 years, with 15 months suspended. The judge also granted her a stay of incarceration, meaning she will not have to go to prison until she has exhausted her appeals in state court.
*Netflix is creating a parody true crime TV series called American Vandal. It's a mystery about who is spray-painting dicks onto cars. The spoof is unexpected coming from Netflix, since it helped spur the true crime craze with its documentaries Making a Murderer and The Keepers.
( Collapse )
Why are men so shitty?
SOURCE, SOURCE, SOURCE, SOURCE, SOURCE, SOURCE, SOURCE.
''I PRESENT TO YOU KIM KARDASHIAN WEST ON MY CHANNEL! This is so surreal to have Kim with me in a video! We met at her home and chatted about doing a makeup tutorial...and here we are GLAMMING and giving you all a full coverage natural glam beat face slayed to the gawds hunty. So happy to have used the KKW BEAUTY highlight and contour sticks on KIM herself! She officially stated that she would be coming out with a LARGER kabuki brush official for blending out the contour!
To Kim Kardashian West... thank you so much for inspiring millions of us to snatch our face like yours alongside you many talented makeup artists throughout the years. When I pretended to do play on your wax figure...I never thought Id have the chance to do the REAL YOU! ''
The very millennial way Sophie Turner beat a “better” actress for a job https://t.co/ND3tkNX8dV— Vanity Fair's HWD (@HWD) 3. August 2017
“I auditioned for a project and it was between me and another girl who is a far better actress than I am, far better, but I had the followers, so I got the job. It’s not right, but it is part of the movie industry now.”
Sophie has has 5.4 million Instagram followers, 1.3 million Twitter followers, and 2 million Facebook fans
Taylor's court case against the dj who she says groped her is next week. news outlets such as the always classy tmz is saying it's "the hottest ticket in town"
-Jury selection will begin next monday for 32 seats
-this is all very invasive..
source : https://twitter.com/marieclaire/status/893113662810062848