The Umbrella Academy follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes (The Umbrella Academy) — The Monocle, Spaceboy, The Kraken, The Rumor, The Séance, Number Five, The Horror, and The White Violin — as they work together to solve their father’s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities.
Riverdale has started filming season 2 — see the new cast photos https://t.co/i1yJB8pK2B— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) July 11, 2017
Cameras have finished episode 1 (with 21 more to go as the show got a full season starting in October) and all sorts of pictures continue to come out as filming resumes
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
1. Taylor Swift
ONTD favourite, Taylor Sssswift🐍 , is a known cat lover. She has two cats, Meredith Grey (which she got back in 2011) and Olivia Benson (which she got in 2014), that have practically become celebrities in their own right. Two years ago, Taylor was on the Ellen DeGeneres show where she talked about the addition of Olivia Benson to her life:
Taylor's instagram is also filled with photos and videos of her two beloved pets. They clearly live in the lap of luxury and frequently accompany the singer while she's on tour. While her cats appear to be healthy and well taken care of, there have been calls from experts to stop breeding Scottish Fold cats as they are prone to very painful health issues. Taylor has kept mum about the issues surrounding the breed and whether or not her cats have any issues themselves. Regardless, Taylor has had her two cats for years without any major issues or criticisms and frequently keeps her fans updated on their whereabouts, which is nice to see since so many celebrity pets seem to just disappear (Bit Bit, where are you!?).
( Collapse )
Favourite celebrity pet, ONTD?
Sources:1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
- Madonna and her Raising Malawi foundation have opened the first pediatric hospital in the country of Malawi.
- The Mercy James Centre (named after her daughter) is going to help a lot of children in need of surgery.
- It will serve as a research centre as well as training centre for health workers for Malawi and beyond.
- Speaking at the opening her Mercy James Institute for Pediatric Surgery and Intensive Care in Malawi - the first facility of its kind in the country - on Tuesday, she recalled: 'I met Mercy soon after I met my son David, but they were living in different orphanages. I was granted permission to adopt David first. And some time later, I filed a petition to adopt Mercy. But this time, the judge who was presiding said no. I was recently divorced, and she informed me, as a divorced woman, I was not fit to raise children and that Mercy James was better off growing up in an orphanage. I never gave up. And I never backed down. And I believe that if you want something badly enough in life, the universe will conspire to help you get it. I fought for Mercy, and I won. It wasn't easy. And with the blood, sweat, and tears of so many people here today, we fought for this hospital - and we won.'
source 1 2
- The Jersey Shore crew has been seen filming on the Jersey boardwalk in Asbury Park
- MTV has denied in earlier stories that they are involved in the reunion so it's not clear who is doing the filming
- Snooki posted a picture of her, J-Wow, Sammy Sweetheart, and her other meatball Deena on Instagram leading to the rumor of the reunion
I'm not sure how much fun this is going to be without drunken shenanigans :/
What was your favorite Jersey Shore scene? Coked up Rahn cheating on Sam and Snooki's drunken "imma good person" arrest are pretty iconic.
( Collapse )
Today's hosts: Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin, Sara Haines, Jedediah Bila and Whoopi Goldberg
Today's 🔥 topics:
It's Wednesday. After yesterday's hoopla, Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC's Morning Joe appeared on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Scarborough announced that he was no longer a Republican but now an Independent. Jed questions why it took him so long. Joy thinks that everything that's happening is King Lear. Tiffany got a mention from Joy.
Donald Trump Jr. appeared on Hannity yesterday in regards to his own scandal. He said he would "have done things differently." He still defends it as opposition research. OPPOSITION RESEARCH THAT CAME FROM THE FUCKING RUSSIANS. Joy says he tried to rob the bank and he couldn't find the money. Sunny doesn't like it that people aren't concerned enough. Sara brings up how they used that the moniker of how they aren't politicians. If they weren't politicians, there should have been red flags as to what is happening. Oh Sara!
SOURCE: 1, 2
I love the fact that kick-ass feminist action stars are en vogue!— Claudia Eller (@Variety_Claudia) July 10, 2017
Check out our great cover story on Charlize Theron in the "Atomic Blonde!" pic.twitter.com/xNUJJPY8B9
- Says that the Aeon Flux team (including herself) fucked up the movie (still calls Karyn Kusama a great director)
- Patty Jenkins is interviewed and calls Charlize and Gal her girls
- Talks about how women have had break out moments like Wonder Woman before but Hollywood doesn't sustain them and is all too quick to stop making films by/about women when there's one flop
- Doesn't see the fact that she got pay parity with Chris Hemsworth for Snow White + the Huntsmen 2 as a victory because there are many women who aren't in a position to ask or recieve equal pay
- The weight gain for her upcoming film Tully made her depressed because she ate too much sugar and it was hard to lose the weight after
source 1 + interview
Six :( How worried should we be?
I'm so excited for this! I love the looks of Oprah, Reese and Mindy. I loved this book so much in middle school and I'm so grateful that Ava Duvernay is adapting it.
The band's three "dead crushes" - Lee Miller, Anne Boleyn, and Sylvia Plath - are conjured up by a supercomputer for a frenzied dance in a post-apocalyptic setting.
I am obsessed! Definitely my favorite track on the album.
(Resubmitted with source. Sorry mods.)
This isn't the first time that Andy Murray has reminded a reporter of the accomplishments of the Williams sisters:
My favorite genre is Murray doing this to reporters pic.twitter.com/CKs8HS0Fn7— Ashley (@ashcech) July 12, 2017
-Andy is one of the few top players in the ATP that is openly supportive of the WTA and equal pay. He has also criticized Wimbledon for not show-casing female players on center court during this tournament.
-His mother is one of the strongest influences in his life and she clearly raised him right.
That's my boy. ❤️ https://t.co/ldZUQ2wbZj— judy murray (@JudyMurray) July 12, 2017
I wish he had won Wimbledon.
- Hailee Steinfeld and Jorge Lendeborg Jr are also starring
- Travis Knight (Kubo and the Two Strings) will be directing
If you aren't familiar with his distinct voice, Tom is a rising star from the UK already gaining notoriety and collabs. Most recently, Simon Cowell called him to perform on the charity single Bridge Over Troubled Water for Grenfell Tower. Prior to that he was named to BBCs Sound of 2017 alongside Rag'N'Bone Man and others.
The Vibe Of ZAYN's Second Album
RCA Records CEO Peter Edge told Entertainment Weekly, “This album has a more optimistic tone to it after coming through that more challenging time. It shows a lot of growth.”
The Insight ZAYN Will Give Into His Personal Life
Peter Edge also told EW, “I think he definitely wants a lot of himself in there, and I think that’s what the last record had — it maybe even gave people more insight than they thought they were going to get.”
What do you want to hear on Z2?
Harry Styles loses Twitter crown in shock takeover by One Direction's dark horse Niall Horan https://t.co/COxpQwaSWP— Irish Daily Mirror (@IrishMirror) July 12, 2017
Niall, who didn't even have his own Wikipedia page until weeks after the group seperated, recently passed Harry to become the most followed former member of One Direction on twitter.
He still lags behind both Harry and Zayn on Instagram but he's reportedly gaining on them there as well.
Zayn is the least popular on Twitter but the most popular on Instagram.
Could Niall be the real breakout 1D star?
The four-part HBO documentary by Menace II Society director Allen Hughes examines the partnership between music executive Jimmy Iovine and rap producer Dr. Dre. It follows both men musical trajectory. The story of Dr. Dre is well known, but the career of Iovine is what makes the doc so interesting.
( Collapse )
Dr. Dre is trash, and nothing new is revealed about him, but the Iovine parts were really interesting. Jimmy Iovine has helped shaped the career of SO many stars and to hear them talk about him was fascinating. Everyone from Snoop, Nas, Diddy, Trent Reznor, Eminem, Gwen Stafani, Gaga, Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Bono and MORE.
Also, the story of how Tyrese almost effed up the 3.2 BILLION dollar Apple/Beats deal was HILIAROUS. Like, the first five minutes is spent on dragging his ass. And that JFK Jr. used to play football at Iovine's house with Suge Knight!!! Stevie Nicks hid from Tom Petty in Iovine's basement!
Lust For Life will include a whopping 16 tracks, featuring artists such as Stevie Nicks. The album is now available for preorder ahead of its July 21st release.
are you a beautiful person with beautiful problems?
Kid Rock tweeted a link to his 'Kid Rock for Senate' website and confirmed that it is real. If he's running, it's likely that he'll be running in the midterm elections for the seat currently held by Senator Debbie Stabenow in Michigan.
Stay tuned, I will have a major announcement in the near future - Kid Rock— Kid Rock (@KidRock) July 12, 2017
( Collapse )
SOURCE SOURCE SOURCESOURCE
Is this what things are always going to be like now?
Dwayne Johnson recently revealed the products he uses for his skin.
Ali Drucker, Senior Sex and Relationships Editor for Cosmopolitan magazine, asked Dwayne Johnson about his routine. The question was prompted after Twitter account History Pics (@HistoryPixs) tweeted that The Rock has basically aged in reverse since he was 16.
Ha yes ma'am. Neutrogena deep cream face wash, Lancer or LaMere creams and tequila often. Not on your face, but drinking it;).— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) July 6, 2017
For an idea of the cost of his routine, Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser runs $5, La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream is $85, and Lancer Skincare The Method: Nourish Sensitive Skin Moisturizer is $125.
Excuse for a skincare post? Share your current routine! Any new products you love, hate, excited to try? :)
- "You're a very good looking man... and so is your wife" - Wendy to Billy Ray
- Wendy: All the kids are in show biz...Your daughter her name starts with a T, the one who's on MTV singing" Billy: "Noah?"
- Wendy: "Your wife's show...The home on HGTV..." Billy: Bravo. Wendy: "The one...She's fixing houses..." Billy: "Cyrus vs Cyrus...."
- Wendy: "What do you say if you run into Robin Thicke at the mall?" Billy: "It's so funny you would ask. The first thing I would say is how sorry I was about the loss of his dad."
- Then it got weird and they were touching each other's clothes
-Sutton said she would work backstage as a door person for Dolls House Part 2 just to see everyone again.
-Hilary prank calls her assistant
-Sutton says the most challenging scene to film was the fight scene with Hilary at Bon Fire
-Hilary says she doesn't have any plans for new music or tour this year, but says "there is always next year"
-Sutton said she would love to play Sweeny Todd in broadway, something unexpected.
-Hilary recreates the iconic Disney mickey mouse ears with the wand
-Hilary and Sutton say this season's sex scenes top last year, and mentions something about yogurt
-Funniest thing Hilary has seen on social media about herself is the awkward Disney Channel intro
-Sutton lists nice things about Hilary in 20 seconds.
- from director Reed Morano, and James Bond producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli
- Morano helmed several episodes of "The Handmaid's Tale"
- gonna be a contemporary adaptation of the first of Mark Burnell's "Stephanie Patrick" British series of four novels (he's producing as well)
- Blake Lively will play a woman whose family dies in a plane crash, which she later realizes wasn't an accident so she becomes an assassin to track down whose responsible
Sources: ONE and TWO
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
ONTD Fave Matthew Daddario (yes, cute cow and plant loving brother of Alexandra Daddario) did another of his live chats with the fans, and this time discussed butts and being nice.
Next week he promises to talk more about skincare.
( Collapse )
Sources: Look at Next Week, Kat McNamara Twitter, 2, Shadowhunters Twitter, 2, Matt Daddario Livechat, Promo, Sneak Peak, Deleted Scene, Jade Hassouné Twitter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Isaiah Mustafa Twitter, Matt Daddario Twitter, Interview
What colour are your favourite bedsheets, ONTD ShadowFam?
And how about that Sebastian reveal?
They really want someone who is Southeast Asian, Indian or Middle Eastern for the part. It’s a singing part, and one of the names that came up was [Boy Bander]! They like that he can sing and already has millions of fans but then someone made a crack about it not being family-friendly to pay the talent in kilos. A couple of people doubted he would even make it through filming because he has a history of cancelling at the last minute. It wasn’t a hard “No,” but they did move on to the next person pretty quickly
- In 2015 four American tourists helped subdue a man on a train who was ready to open fire and injure passengers
- Eastwood has cast three of the men to play themselves in The 15:17 to Paris which Eastwood is set to direct
- The film will also star Jenna Fischer and Judy Greer
Who would you cast to play you in the story of your life?
Hilary Duff and Sutton Foster discuss a revealing scene and the relationship of their onscreen characters. Watch new episodes Wednesdays at 10P! Starring Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff and Nico Tortorella.
Discussion post? Thoughts?
In 1991, the incident between Barnes and Dr. Dre became physical when he reportedly picked her up and physically assaulted her according to Barnes.
“Any man that puts his hands on a female is a fucking idiot. He’s out of his fuking mind, and I was out of my fucking mind at the time. I fucked up, I paid for it, I’m sorry for it, I apologize for it. I have this dark cloud that follows me and it’s going to be attached to me forever. It’s a major blemish on who I am as a man.”
Cheaters assume everyone cheats. Your imaginary "people are saying" is not the same source the NYT uses. https://t.co/eQ4RF9xPWq— Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) July 12, 2017
- News came out today that Department of Justice spent $15,000 for new rooms at the Trump hotel in Vancouver.
- Trump went on a mini rant today about fake news and denies watching TV because he doesn't have the time even though he loves TiVo.
- Trump also went on to defend his jawless son and said that anyone would have taken that meeting.
- WSJ joined in on the fun and dropped the news that back in Spring 2016, European counterparts warned US Intel that Russian money may be flowing into the election.
Does Don Jr. exist though? https://t.co/1gM8ezAf1h— Lauren Duca (@laurenduca) July 12, 2017
I HAVE VERY LITTLE TIME FOR TWITTER https://t.co/IjWGxufhU3— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 12, 2017
I mean, how do we know it wasn't Obama in a Russian lawyer mask? https://t.co/wX4l1VvV1k— Jon Favreau (@jonfavs) July 12, 2017
TFW Donald insists Vladimir would really rather have Hillary as President. pic.twitter.com/XFMwANiyyR— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) July 12, 2017
sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Much love to inkstainedlips and aria_grace for providing me with the tweets!!
On making her marriage to Justin Timberlake work: “We have similar values; we believe in loyalty, honesty. We like to have fun. We like a lot of the same things. Also, in the business, we’re all very career-oriented, and you have to be a little selfish. I understand that about my peers—about being focused and driven—and if you can find that and someone who shares the same values as you, it’s like: Score!”
-Its part Journalism drama, part Sex and the City.
-Stars Katie Stevens(Faking It) ,Aisha Dee (Sweet Vicious), Meghann Fahy(One Life to Live) Sam Page (HoC, DH), Melora Hardin (The Office).
-The show was supposed to be about a male writer joining a female targeted audience magazine but changed after 45 was elected to focus on the women on the show.
Just watch the first two episodes and decide if its for you. Seemed like someting this placw would enjoy when i watched it.
dear japan,— Paris-Michael K. J. (@ParisJackson) July 12, 2017
if i were to visit, is there japanese-american clothing that i could wear that isn't culturally inappropriate?
ok so apparently in japan they don't give a fuck what you wear and are more than happy to have non-japanese people embrace their culture?--— Paris-Michael K. J. (@ParisJackson) July 12, 2017
( Collapse )
source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Are you still learning, ontd?
The boys consider how far they’ll go to help Smurf eliminate Javi. Shaken by what’s happened, Nicky and J get closer. Baz shares new information with Pope about Catherine’s disappearance.
- Winners + a friend get flown to NYC to have lunch with Sofia
- All the money from entries goes to Planned Parenthood
- They were offering prizes like signed books and posters for multiple entries (i.e. higher donations) but they appear to be all sold out
- Only available for U.S. residents 18+
What would you talk about over lunch?
ICYMI: LaBeouf was arrested this past weekend in Chatham County, Georgia after asking a man for a cigarette and then verbally attacking him when he wasn't given one.
Footage of him threatening the arresting officers and telling a black police officer he was going to hell for being black were eventually leaked.
Superman’s Henry Cavill grows close to stuntwoman Lucy Cork on Mission: Impossible 6 film set https://t.co/oA6F7b33GA— The Sun Showbiz (@TheSunShowbiz) July 12, 2017
-Henry Cavill is reportedly dating stuntwoman Lucy Cork.
- "Their relationship is the talk of the 'Mission: Impossible 6 film set,'" an insider tells The SUN
-The Jersey-born actor and Lucy, of Cobham, Surrey, have told friends they are likely to “go public” in November at the premiere of super-hero film Justice League.
Mentionned in the article at the source:
- They open up about the departure of the former member
- Briefly talk about the team of producers behind their next album, including Skrillex & Poo Bear, Monsters & Strangerz, Harmony Samuels (Ariana Grande), Sebastian Kole (Alessia Cara) and Dreamlab (Selena Gomez)
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson calls 5H “aspirational to so many young girls around the world”
- Lauren mentions her open letter to Trump, in which she came out as bisexual, and the leak of a recording of her telling Ally the group was treated like “literal slaves”
- Normani talks about her appearance on "Dancing with the Stars" and returning to her childood passion
- Ally has been working with Christian country-folk singer Cindy Morgan and touts the acting career she plans to launch this year
- Dinah has an unreleased RedOne cut featuring Fetty Wap and French Montana (they filmed the music video over a month ago)
- Their lawyer Dina Lapolt talks about successfully transferring the Fifth Harmony trademark from Cowell to the girls: “I sat the girls in a hotel conference room and for five hours educated them on trademarks, copyrights and rights of publicity, then I educated them about every agreement they signed, which [were] the worst I’ve ever seen in the music business.”
- Their insecurities about their future as a quartet, the "many therapy sessions", the possibility of adding a new member and much more.
( Collapse )
sources 1 2
the gworls know that moment when ur listening to ya favorite pop girls album and something euphoric seeps through your skull candy headphones & u just know it'll be the song of the generation only for the good sis to pay it dust here are the pop album cuts that shouldve and couldve been the hits!
( Collapse )
ontd, which song of your faves couldve been a hit?
text source is me, video sources are - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
- Hasbro initially promised to add Rey to the popular board game after a little girl (rightfully) pointed out that there would be no Star Wars: The Force Awakens without Rey
- Hasbro then decided that although the Rey figure was good enough for "retailers in several markets around the world,” she won't be available in the United States due to "insufficient interest"