June 29th, 2017
- After 16 years since it ended, Netflix is doing another season of PBS/Showtime's 'Tales of the city'.
- Armistead Maupin also confirmed the news via Twitter.
- Laura Linney and Olympia Dukakis are confirmed, more cast returns will be announced soon.
- 'Tales of the City' was one of the first LGBT series in the 90s.
ONTD, are you ready for more full frontal in Netflix??
TMZ reports that "Justin’s right Yeezy is currently listed on eBay for a minimum bid of 5000 euros, or approximately $5,700". The left one is now an instagram star (yes, seriously).
Is Justin Bieber trying to find his Cinderella? Does he want to be a cinderella? How much do you spend on shoes?
starts around the 16 second mark. With Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillian, and Nick Jonas.
- discusses how he still gets approached by Jess fans: 'Still to this day, you know, it blows me away—the impact of the Jess character, how much everyone was in love with him and wanted to find a guy like Jess..He was kind of trouble, you know.'
- on why Jess was good for Rory: 'And I feel like, well, if you got that hair and you got a cool jacket and you got a book in your pocket, you must be good for a girl.'
source 1 2
do you feel that Jess was good for Rory, ONTD?
( Collapse )
Zayn talks about being more organised and structured with the songwriting for his sophomore album. Confirms there are some sex-themed songs.
Says he over-analyses his record to find the flaws "so even the person that wants to hate me the most still has to like my record."
source: one / two / three
Rita Ora is the busiest popgirl. Fresh from recording her part in the Grenfell Tower charity song and hosting ABC's Boy Band singing-competition, she's now dropping her new campaign for the new Rimmel London lip colours. The new Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colours are kiss-proof, touch-proof, waterproof and bulletproof.
do you have rita ora's perfect lips?
Today's hosts: Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin, Sara Haines, Jedediah Bila and Whoopi Goldberg
Today's 🔥 topics:
It's Thursday. Should we throw it back to Barack Obama for some smooth slow jams? The panel reacts to
They talk about the travel ban 2.0 and how it's messy still. Joy brings up how immigration is done in Canada. Jed argues that type of thing won't work in the USA.
SOURCE: 1, 2
Made in collaboration with Raf Simons for Calvin Klein
Directed by: Alasdair McLellan
Millie Bobby Brown
and The xx
Hannibal Buress Sends Imposter in His Place to Spider-Man: Homecoming Premiere https://t.co/97ItBX3MQp— People Magazine (@people) June 29, 2017
- In tweets last night he was asking for a doppelganger for an event and offered to pay $500
- Tweeted out a pic of "himself" at the premiere
- The man who replaced him is believed to be Joe Carroll, a self-described author, screenwriter, director, and actor
source 1 2
Are you too busy to go to your own events?
- says that she's happy that sexuality is now less of a taboo topic for kids
- On being pigeonholed: "A lot of the friends I have who are straight have such an old way of thinking. It’s 'So you’re just gay, right?' [They] don’t understand it. [If] I’m like, “Oh, I really like this guy,” [they’re like], 'But you’re gay.' I’m like, 'No, you’re so annoying!'…. Someone is in a relationship with a girl one minute, or a boy is in a relationship with a boy, I don’t want them to be pigeonholed. Imagine if I got married to a man. Would people be like- 'she lied to us!' It’s like, no."
- jokes that she shaved her head because she's fluid, says it was 'liberating'
- discusses modelling versus acting: "I always say, modeling is something I do, whereas acting feels more like what I [am]."
source 1 2
-10 years ago today, Apple officially launched the much rumored iPhone!
-The device got the other smartphone gorls shook at the time, like Blackberry and that ugly ass Palm Treo and Samsung Blackjack. The smartphone market changed for the better after Steve Jobs' legendary presentation skills introduced the revolutionary device a decade ago. Don't you feel old now!? Teenagers these days have never not known what an iPhone was.
Which iPhone has been your fave ONTD?
Nicole opened up about playing Celeste on HBO's Big Little Lies and approaching her difficult scenes with Alexander Skarsgård which included Domestic Abuse.
( Collapse )
Dutch and D'avin, with the help of an obnoxious black market dealer, are on the hunt for a weapon that will draw out the Hullen; Johnny receives an SOS from Clara, leading him into the underground world of Hackmods.
( Collapse )
Source 1, 2 and 3
New season starts tomorrow on SyFy and Space at 8/7c! And yes as you can tell from the first still everyone favorite designated asshole Fancy Lee will be in the premiere. If you haven't watched yet there's no time like the present to join, the show is amazing!
*Warner's TV division is bringing 20 series to SDCC, including Krypton, Black Lightning, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Arrow.
*Non DC shows include Lucifer, Riverdale, and the new series Deception. Full list of all the WB panels is at the source.
*HBO will be bringing Game of Thrones back to Hall H, as well as bringing cast from Westworld for their SDCC debut.
*Anthony Hopkins will not attend, but nearly all of the rest of the cast will attend.
*Both shows will have cast members signing autographs at the Warner Brothers booth.
Source 1 Source 2
-Last week's Grand Final is the show's highest rated finale ever
-859,000 viewers tuned in or a 218% increase from the S8 finale
-Season 9 is also the show's highest rated season
-Was also the most social show of the night, trending on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you happy with the new reigning Queen? Fave season?
Oop! Biggie's mom Voletta Wallace is not here for the use of her son's picture on T-shirts for Kendall & Kylie's clothing line! 👀 pic.twitter.com/NX9hAFDNs0— TheShadeRoom (@TheShadeRoom) June 29, 2017
As a follow-up to this post: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/106753999.html.
Voletta spoke on behalf of herself, Biggie's estate, and Tupacs against the use of Tupac and Biggie's faces on the Kardashian line.
She says that nobody reached out to her or her estate about it.
Content of post since it's an image:
I am not sure who told @kyliejenner and @kendalljenner that they had the right to do this. THe disrespect of these girls to not even reach out to me or anyone connected to the estate baffles me. I have no idea why they feel they can exploit the deaths of 2pac and my Son Christopher to sell a t-shirt. This is disrespectful, disgusting, and exploitation at its worst!!!
-She thinks Charles and Liza make more sense, and Josh is a stand-up guy and she was team Josh last season, but she changed her mind
Hilary Duff chats with Seth about her sassy mom's night out in New York playing Heads Up!, her show Younger's dramatic Season 4 and her son's obsession with manhole covers.
Did you watch the premiere? Thoughts?
- The room was filled with pot smoke when Seth Rogen pitched Preacher to Dominic Cooper
- The actor who plays Arseface can't eat solid foods while in makeup
- Cooper used to be flatmates with James Corden
- Martin Starr almost killed Seth Rogen once. He came home drunk, was passed out in front of the turned on oven with the oven door open surrounded by tater tots, and the oven was on so long the apartment got hot AF
I love when they get to the point where they can't even talk in complete sentences
- Tiffany Haddish, star of NBC's The Carmichael Show and the upcoming film Girls Trip, stopped by the popular morning show The Breakfast Club to promote the film.
- She broke down, basically her entire life story.
- Her mother was terribly injured in a car accident and Tiffany had to raise her 3 brothers and sisters from age 9.
- Ended up going into Foster care for 2 years before her grandmother could gain custody of she and her siblings.
- Talks about being homeless for a period of time where she ended up signing up for the Church of Scientology so she could have a roof over her head, but they tore up her contract over her aversion to bunk beds.
- Talks about finding out at age 21 that her stepfather cut her moms brake lines that caused the fatal injury and he was aiming to to actually kill Tiffany and her siblings to cash out their life insurance policy
- Talks about almost dying from toxic shock syndrome after using a tampon and finding out shes fatally allergic to a chemical used in tampons
- She also talks momentairily about the film
Everyone go see Girls Trip on July 21st! I saw it Tuesday and it was HILARIOUS! Tiffany slayed it and I am officially a stan!
Watch that interview y'all, she's a genuinely awesome person who has been through a lot!
Starring Brad Dourif, Fiona Dourif, Jennifer Tilly & Alex Vincent (Andy in Child's Play 1 & 2)
Available on Blu-ray, DVD, Digital and On Demand on October 3rd.
The Songs Bronnie Review Are:
Mac Demarco - "Still Beating"
Jay-Jay Johanson - "Paranoid"
Lil Yachty (feat. Diplo) - "Forever Young"
Lady Antebellum - "Heartbreak"
Nickelback - "Must Be Nice"
lmao @ BFlow. 2006 Brandon would have been like "shit...shit...double shit."
ONTD, what new music are you listening to and is your new music USDA Certified Lean?
I am out at MSNBC -— Greta Van Susteren (@greta) June 29, 2017
Conservative host Greta van Susteren had a show on MSNBC for 6 months. Today, it was cancelled.
Host Ari Melber will take her place.
(And politics post. Feel free to post politics stuff too)
Expected to be a multi-cam sitcom and will take place 100 years in the future.
A major motion picture is also in development.
ily spider-man: homecoming https://t.co/MLwpt2EAky— Alex Abad-Santos (@alex_abads) June 29, 2017
-First reviews rave about Spider-man: Homecoming and it is currently at 97% on rottentomatoes based on 31 reviews so far
-Critics say Tom Holland is the best Spider-man and Michael Keaton was amazing as Vulture
-Vulture is not evil for evil's sake
-This movie portrays teenagers realistically
-The actions scenes are fantastic and must be seen in theaters
- Clarifies her earlier statement: "While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with Bachelor in Paradise, my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred. I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired."
- Says that her team's private investigation has concluded and although she was asked to return to Bachelor in Paradise she will not be doing so. She states that she is happy with the changes that have been made on the show regarding its alcohol policy.
Create your destiny. Meet Marvel’s Inhumans early in IMAX theatres Sept 1, and experience the full series starting Sept 29 on ABC.
Lady Gaga is teaming up with Staples to give teachers the supplies they need for their students. Staples will be donating $2M to DonorsChoose.org and the Born This Way Foundation.
You can donate your school supplies at Staples stores or staplesforstudents.org
Queen of Charity, Lady Gaga announced the return of her dive bar tour
Gaga will perform at intimate bars before bringing on two up-and-coming artists. (CupcakKe?)
She told Billboard: "All the time, I think about how I started out in my career, and I was just playing in bars downtown in New York -- and you miss that, you know?"
The other stops will be in Los Angeles on July 26 and New Orleans on Aug. 30.
They will be livestreamed on el Face.
Trailer and poster featuring Igor Tsvirko & Ekaterina Krysanova.
( Collapse )
Sources: 01 02 | YouTube
Are you excited? / Do you enjoy ballet?
Intoxicated by the power of a supernatural notebook, a young man begins killing those he deems unworthy of life. Based on the famous Japanese manga. Death Note streams on Netflix August 25.
Remove this tweet. There is a lot of gossip about you on the street that hasn't been in the press- yet.— Patricia Arquette (@PattyArquette) June 29, 2017
+ Fat Ass in Command tweeted disparaging comments about Mika Brzezinski and her "bloody" facelift. It is not the first time Agent Orange has made nasty remarks against women as that is what he ran on and even bragged about sexual assault. America hates women and 1/4th of the country still voted for him. Members of the GOP tweeted out against it and acted shocked but didn't have the guts to @ him. John McCain was predictably disappointed and furrowed his eyebrows.
America elected a very shitty person to be President— John Legend (@johnlegend) June 29, 2017
Anybody who justifies these displays is every bit as ugly and reprehensible as the originator. https://t.co/8Qmbl16t1u— Ron Perlman (@perlmutations) June 29, 2017
@realDonaldTrump has said worse things about cable news hosts than about Vladimir Putin. Take that in. Then read it again.— Debra Messing (@DebraMessing) June 29, 2017
You are a national embarrassment. It's like you have no idea how to even fake being a normal human being. You are the proud type of insane.— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) June 29, 2017
[GOP ACTS SHOCKED]
Mr. President, your tweet was beneath the office and represents what is wrong with American politics, not the greatness of America.— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) June 29, 2017
Please just stop. This isn't normal and it's beneath the dignity of your office.— Ben Sasse (@BenSasse) June 29, 2017
This has to stop – we all have a job – 3 branches of gov’t and media. We don’t have to get along, but we must show respect and civility.— Sen. Susan Collins (@SenatorCollins) June 29, 2017
This is not okay. As a female in politics I am often criticized for my looks. We should be working to empower women. https://t.co/sV6WDE0EUD— Lynn Jenkins (@RepLynnJenkins) June 29, 2017
Powerful statement from Republican Sen. James Lankford on Trump's tweets: pic.twitter.com/L9V1CsfmFv— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) June 29, 2017
Republican congressman from Florida. pic.twitter.com/L4njwwd8Jy— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) June 29, 2017
sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Up and coming singer, song-writer
"It has been a dream of mine ever since I was a chubby little kid to be on the cover of Men's Health and now here I am," James shares on Instagram.
- Alice Braga has joined the cast of X-Men spinoff, New Mutants.
- Rosario Dawson has exited the project. The reason for the departure is unclear.
- Braga will play Dr. Cecilia Reyes.
Tennis pro Venus Williams is responsible for a Florida car crash that landed an elderly man in the hospital before his eventual death.
He endured head trauma in the June 9 collision and died two weeks later in an intensive care unit. His wife was reportedly also hospitalized for injuries, including broken bones.
Williams blamed the crash on heavy traffic that left her vehicle jutting out into the intersection.
Earlier today, Disney announced on the Disney Parks Blog that a joke from the 1960's about pirates selling off women is no longer funny so it is being removed from Pirates attractions across the world, starting with Paris this year, then in 2018 in California and Florida.
The scene in question has been around since the attraction opened in Disneyland in 1967. It depicts a group of women on an auction and a pirate yells "we wants the redhead!"
So, Disney is turning the scene from one where the woman is being auctioned off, to one where she's a pirate herself. The concept art depicts the redhead as a pirate doing the looting and pillaging as well. This is a great move because Disney will also be able to sell merchandise featuring the new female pirate (in a ride that currently, features only women cooking, smiling, dead or being sold off).
Proceed to the source comments with caution. Men (especially but also women) at the source are exceedingly upset.
ONTD, do you need sex trafficking jokes to enjoy pirates?
"Shannen and I talk a lot on Twitter via direct message. And I spoke to her maybe two or three days ago, and we decided that we're going to get together. That date has not been set yet, but yes!"
"I think we're just at ages now that what happens 15 years ago, or however long ago that was, it's irrelevant,"
"I think that what she has gone through, and motherhood in my life, I think it just changes people. I'm so happy that she's feeling well. I prayed for her every day that she would feel well and I can't wait to see her."
gorls i dont have to tell ya that we're in a pop girl music drought & that its been six months since our last pop music emergency ..
miss charli xcx: "Number 1 Angel's" songs were simply divine, CupCakKes' feature was heavenly & the songs would slay now & 100,00 years BC (before charli), the gays thank you. you won this weeks challenge
carly rae jackson, “Cut To The Feeling” was shear pop perfection, it served us DJ Tanner scissoring Debbie Gibson after losing a game of Mall Madness, and while the chorus was razor sharp, the verses gave us a .. papercut. you’re safe
katy perry-lee curtis: the gays really wanted “Witness” to be a pop music emergency, unfortunately, it was more of a pop music complaint, and while the songs were appeal .. ling, the promotion of the album left us saying .. "objecti on!", sorry my dear but youre up for elimination
ontd girls, i think its time we go back to re-asses & re-analyze what were songs that turned u from casual fan to a stan?
shall we?( Collapse )