( Collapse )
Source 1, 2, 3
ONTD, were you happy to not see Ward? Any theories about that after-credits scene? [Spoiler (click to open)]Space? Will that connect with Inhumans? GOTG Vol. 2? Thor Ragnarok?
That was heartbreaking =(
Not everyone has the time to hit up a 20 minute YouTube tutorial on how to get Lana Del Rey waves or Selena Gomez thickness levels. Sometimes, we are mothers, sometimes we are students with two jobs, sometimes we simply slept in, and sometimes we just want to rebel against the high-maintenance, pressure-to-be-perfect Instagram aesthetic that has been dominating the beauty game in recent years!
Mark Townsend brings to you the Mary-Kate and Ashley aesthetic; a look that requires as little maintenance as possible with cuts, colour, and style, as well as lots of texture. Mark Townsend describes the twins as having become "true wash-and-go clients".
#1. Never look too done: "They are so focused on fashion and designing that a lot of times, their hair takes almost a backseat."
- Mary-Kate's rule: use no more than five hairpins for an updo! Otherwise it's too done and too try hard.
#6. Take it easy on the braids: "I can't look at another fishtail braid, to be honest. But I love using braids as accents."
- He also loves that the big, thick side-braid is coming back.
( Collapse )
More at the source :)
ElleUK Twitter // Mark Townsend Instagram
Nostalgia: Fav Mary-Kate and Ashley look?
Hair Post!: Who has your fav hair?
Please be kind, ONTD! Mary-Kate went through a very public ED back in the day, and there's an impossibly tiny chance that she has met it with a full recovery.
Luke Evans shared the trailer for his new show THE ALIENIST, premiering soon on TNT.
The Alienist is an upcoming American drama television series based on the Caleb Carr novel of the same name. The psychological thriller drama is set in 1896, when a series of gruesome murders of boy prostitutes has gripped the city. Newly appointed top cop Teddy Roosevelt calls upon Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, a criminal psychologist -- aka alienist -- and newspaper illustrator John Moore to conduct the investigation in secret. Joining them in the probe is Sara Howard, a headstrong secretary at Police Headquarters. Starring Daniel Bruhl as Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, Luke Evans as John Moore, and Dakota Fanning as Sara Howard.
source 1, 2, 3
edit: added youtube link to video since i cant get the tweet to properly embed.
•Her friends before she found success showed their asses once she became high-profile famous
•They were high-maintenance and not understanding of her busy schedule and they claim she's "changed"
•Learned that it's better to have few strong friendships than lots of weak relationships
•Says Taylor Swift is the one friend she can count on and who always makes time for their friendship + Gigi is one of the first people Taylor goes to for advice
•Also feels suffocated by her own work ethic and expectations she puts on herself
Today's hosts: Joy Behar, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, Jedediah Bila and Whoopi Goldberg
Today's 🔥 topics:
The panel talks about
The panel talks about the Republicans and their continued support of
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson who talked about running for President in 2020. The Rock is beating
( Collapse )
DID YOU MISS ME? I'm back!
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3
Armed burglars have reportedly targeted A$AP Rocky, stealing jewelry and other property worth more than $1 million https://t.co/pYSduHZTXO— Pitchfork (@pitchfork) May 17, 2017
- Three men armed with a gun targeted A$AP Rocky's home last night
- An unidentified woman answered the door, where the men threatened her with the weapon and forced her to take them to the jewelry and other valuable property
- The robbers also almost got away with a safe, but eventually abandoned it on the sidewalk before escaping in a getaway car
- A$AP Rocky was not home at the time
Your Grandma's favorite network announced their fall schedule today. Old people don't like change, so CBS decided the best course of action is to have a super confusing schedule in which series start on certain days, then move to other days.
*Young Sheldon will air after The Big Bang Theory, so that you can be made even more aware of the fact that you're only interested in Sheldon because of Jim Parson's performance.
*Say goodbye to Drunk Uncle sketches on SNL probably, as Bobby Moynihan's new sitcom will air on Mondays.
( Collapse )
There was a teaser promo released sometime yesterday for DNC's newest season.
Will be back July 7th
Somehow fans got a hold of the trailer so it's low quality.
Are you ready for this, ONTD?
- Andrzej Sapkowski (the author of the books) will serve as creative consultant
- Tomasz Baginski, the director of all three intros to The Witcher games, will direct at least one episode per season
- Platige Image, a Polish production and visual effects house will co-produce the show
- most likely it will follow the book stories for now (makes sense considering that the games are sequel-ish)
I'm so glad for all the Polish involvement. Now hire Percival to do the soundtracks, please.
ONTD, will you be watching? Who would you cast as Geralt?
Side effect to going solo and being secretly good at juggling may include:
( Collapse )
source: 1 2 3 4
have you ever launched a solo career so people would ask you about juggling?
and are you into pirate puns?
Liam Payne referred to Cheryl as his "wife" during a recent radio show. The former One Direction member and soon-to-debut solo artist joked that he had ditched his "wife' and their newborn son at home in England just to get In-N-Out burger in the United States.
ONTD, woud you drop your family just to get some good eats?
-The anthology film is also set to star Orlando Bloom and Sophie Turner.
-Part of that series, "Paris, I Love You" and "New York, I Love You"
-Filming starts this summer
In case you don't remember or just straight up don't know, Alyson Stoner was everybody's favourite pigtail-wearing tomboy childstar during the mid 00s. She's an actress, a singer, and a hip hop dancer who is most well known for her roles in Cheaper by the Dozen, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, and appearing in random dance-related things like the 'learn to dance' special feature off of the Shark Tale DVD. She has also danced for several artists.
source: 1, 2
Arrested Development season five is official! The entire series regular cast (Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, Jeffrey Tambor, Jessica Walter, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Portia de Rossi, David Cross and Alia Shawkat) will return, as will original creator Mitchell Hurwitz.
In a statement, Hurwitz also took the opportunity to drag the Trump family, saying that :
"In talks with Netflix we all felt that that stories about a narcissistic, erratically behaving family in the building business — and their desperate abuses of power — are really underrepresented on TV these days.
I am so grateful to them and to 20th TV for making this dream of mine come true in bringing the Bluths, George Sr., Lucille and the kids; Michael, Ivanka, Don Jr., Eric, George-Michael, and who am I forgetting, oh Tiffany. Did I say Tiffany? — back to the glorious stream of life."
Spanish director and President of the Feature Film Jury Pedro Almodovar, US actress and member of the Feature Film jury Jessica Chastain and US actor and member of the Feature Film jury Will Smith attends the Jury photocall during the 70th annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals on May 17, 2017 in Cannes, France
( Collapse )
* Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein redeems himself by appointing the second longest serving FBI Director Robert Mueller as special counsel to the
* Mueller will take command of prosecutors and FBI agents spanning both costs to work on this Russia investigation
* Mueller also left his full-time private job to work on this investigation FULL-TIME
* While this broke, the Washington Post revealed that Speaker of the House Paul Ryan was recorded in a private conversation with House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy asserted that Putin was paying Trump and Rohrabacher. He was silenced by Ryan.
( Collapse )
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Leslie Moonves on Diversity: Judge Track Record by ‘Totality’ of CBS Corp. https://t.co/D6auX7tmm6— Variety (@Variety) May 17, 2017
CBS picked up 8 new shows featuring 7 white males and 1 man of color:
By the Book (Jay R. Ferguson), Instinct (Alan Cumming), Me, Myself and I with (Bobby Moynihan/John Larroquette), 9JKL (Mark Feuerstein), SEAL Team (David Boreanaz), SWAT (Shemar Moore), Wisdom of the Crowd (Jeremy Piven) and Young Sheldon (Iain Armitage)
When asked about this Caucasian Broadcasting System CEO Les Moonves said "We do a number of pilots, a lot of them have women in starring roles. There are a lot of women in the schedule, in this new schedule. The best pilots win at the end of the day and we think our track record is OK."
Brings up Madam Secretary, Lucy Liu, (online series) The Good Fight and (canceled a year ago) The Good Wife as proof of the networks diversity. "I think we do fine in that area."
Julie Chen's husband went on to say that shows on CBS have a "female appeal" (he brings up demo ratings as proof) and thinks CBS is doing fine with diversity if you include Showtime, CBS All Access and the CW.
CBS passed on eight pilots — with six of those starring or featuring women as the co-lead
-Joining Sonequa and Michelle are previously announced cast members Jason Isaacs (Captain Lorca), James Frain (Sarek), Rainn Wilson (Harry Mudd) , Anthony Rapp (Lt. Stamets) and Doug Jones (Lt Saru), amongst many others.
-Recently announced are Rekha Sharma as security officer Commander Landry and Shazad Latif as Lt. Tyler, and some more at Source 2.
-CBS Upfronts are going on, so more info to come probably.
Source 1, Source 2.
Despite all the delays etc, are you hyped for WOC In Space, ONTD Astronauts? (your move, Star Wars)
- will have 8 episodes set over a year
- season will start with a 3 year time jump
- the finale will have a MAJOR milestone
The finale is probably going to be Jess & Nick's wedding isn't it? I'm just excited for a few more episodes of the bish! Favorite Winston moments, ONTD?
- Dennis Quaid will play the 43rd U.S president who was heavily criticized for his handling of Hurricane Katrina in 2005
- Other actors who have been cast: Matthew Broderick will play FEMA Director Michael D. Brown & Annette Bening as Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco
- Executive Producer Ryan Murphy has said Sarah Paulson (Emmy Winner for The People vs. O.J. Simpson) will have 'some kind of new role in the new anthology series'
- Katrina: American Crime will air in 2018 and the 3rd edition of the anthology series (1997 murder of Gianna Versace) is also planned to air in 2018
Now who will get to play Condolezza (I hoping for Angela Bassett) and New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin?
DEATHSTROKE, NYSSA AL GHUL, MERLYN AND DIGGER HARKNESS JOIN OLVER’S BATTLE AGAINST PROMETHEUS — The battle between Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra) culminates in a final epic battle on Lian Yu. After recent events, Oliver decides to recruit a group of unlikely allies — Slade (guest star Manu Bennett), Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law), Merlyn (John Barrowman) and Digger Harkness (guest star Nick E. Tarabay) — to defeat Chase. However, Chase has his own army – Black Siren (guest star Katie Cassidy), Evelyn Sharp (guest star Madison McLaughlin) and Talia al Ghul (guest star Lexa Doig) — and the forces collide in an explosive season finale. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (AR523). Original air date 5/24/2017.
source / source
Praise be! This summer's hottest fashion trend, rompers for bros have arrived. A new Kickstarter for the RompHim was launched earlier this week and raised over seven times its goal in just two days.
Naturally, Twitter took to tweeting about the fashion statement on everyone's hip.
Historians are going to look at this era and decide the invention of the RompHim was the straw that broke civilization's back.— Kashana (@kashanacauley) May 18, 2017
( Collapse )
Sources: @GQ. @KashanaCauley. @DailyDot. @Trevante. @JonKMBZ. @ChrisTisch. @BrianLilley. @SeattleTimes. @SamRiggs.
I'll take one in every color! ONTD_fashionistas: What celebs should rock the RompHim?
- Despite being confident in her body, she's still insecure about her new stretch marks and is learning to be okay with it. Was asked to wear spanx for a sports leggings shoot..under the athletic pants, recently.
- Says industry is toxic, thinks its shitty that black models have to bring their own makeup and tools , says "why arent you trained to do everybody's hair if that's your entire job?" about people working in the industry
- Says it's socially irresponsible to market a brand to a certain race or size, especially when taking other peoples culture "If you're hiring a white model to do a Chinese shoot that means you literally didn't even try 5 seconds to find a Chinese model".
- "This idea that white beauty is the blanket of all beauty and everything else is a niche, that's not how it is. People don't even realize that it's not okay to only see a certain type of beauty on every ad, it really does sink in....it's not just how it goes, it's not how fashion is. No, how it is is what people buy into."
Have you been discriminated against due to your appearence before, ONTD? How did you deal with it? Do you agree with Barbie?
( Collapse )
Source --> https://twitter.com/NerdReactor/status/864626041532198912/
Don't forget to catch Marvel's hottest property, way cooler than the X-Men, this fall at 9 PM on Fridays, which is totally not a death slot!
Filipinos are defending Alex Tizon from Western backlash to his story “My Family’s Slave” https://t.co/4Tciz2WenX— Quartz (@qz) May 17, 2017
Alex Tizon, author and journalist, passed this last March, his last story and was chosen by The Atlantic as their June cover story.
The woman, Eudocia Tomas Pulido, was given to his mother as a "gift" by her father after he "found" her in a villa during WWII, and was brought to the US when the family came over.
Since the story broke up there has been major backlash, which has also attracted defenders arguing slavery as we know is a "western" concept.
During the live elimination show last night*, the top 8 artists were narrowed down to just four. And was their drama behind the scenes?!
The top three artists were...
[Spoiler (click to open)]
Out of the remaining five, two artists were outright eliminated as having the lowest votes. The two artists ELIMINATED were...
[Spoiler (click to open)]
so i was basically mad AF about this.
...which left the remaining 3 artists performing for an Instant Save.
( Collapse )
THE INSTANT SAVE WINNER WHO WILL BE MOVING ONTO THE FINALE IS... and here is where the drama~ comes in...
[Spoiler (click to open)]JESSE LARSON!
But, even though he won more of the instant save votes, The Voice fans on Twitter and YouTube are angry and crying foul. Fans of contestant Hunter Plake (Team Gwen) are convinced the producers wanted Hunter off the show, and are planning to boycott the show. like, seriously:
To the finale. I was informed of some behind the scenes actions. The producers wanted Hunter off the show for reasons I do not know Con't— After The Voice (@AfterTheVoiceUS) May 17, 2017
Right after last night's results, Hunter removed all mention of The Voice from his twitter bio, which is not helping the conspiracy rumors:
@rtwosweetooth His middle finger to the show for screwing him. I was informed by someone close to him he is upset by how the show operates— After The Voice (@AfterTheVoiceUS) May 17, 2017
Big Boi performed "Mic Jack" with Adam. ( Collapse )
and DNCE performed! which i did find a video of:
( Collapse )
*I wanted to post this last night, but they took so long in putting up the performance videos...
SOURCES: YouTube:    ; Twitter: ; ; ; ; 
Serena Joy... congratulations, you played yourself.
PATTI CAKE$ is centered on aspiring rapper Patricia Dombrowski, a.k.a. Killa P, a.k.a. Patti Cake$ who is fighting an unlikely quest for glory in her downtrodden hometown in New Jersey.
( Collapse )
Please put unaired spoiled discussion under an lj-spoiler cut!
*Gaga reportedly is using disordered eating to stay thin for movie role
*Only consuming apple cider vinegar 2 days a week to stay thin
*Gaga has spoken in the past about her disordered eating / bulimia
*She wants to do well for Bradley Cooper who she admires
Have you ever tried a fad diet to lose weight / keep weight off for a while, ONTD?
Wheeeeeeeee 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 https://t.co/s8p36CqSec— lindsey morgan (@linzzmorgan) May 12, 2017
- character descriptions in link, and it's set in the summer of 1983 where these working class 20-somethings deal with their summer jobs
- Edward Burns and Aaron Lubin are producing
- Caitlin Stasey and Zoe Levin will be in it as well and Rita Volk will lead
Mods if this gets rejected because of the banned source Lindsey's twitter links this to I understand. Worth a shot though.
EPISODE 5 PREVIEW
21 May 2017
The characters are cut loose from their usual moorings tonight. Sidney has gone walkabout, hitching across the countryside to track down Mrs McGuire’s wayward husband (Charlie Higson) – although we get the strong feeling he’s trying to find himself more than anything else – and escape his nagging Doubts.
Source 1 (Spoilers), Source 2
Ohh, this episode was heartwrenching, but also great. Poor Mrs M and Leonard. I feel like Leonard has really become the heart of this show.
- Bollywoods favorite mom, Reema Lagoo, has passed away at the age of 59.
- The actress was complaining of chest pain and was rushed to the hospital.
- She died from severe cardiac arrest and had not suffered from any health problems up until that point.
- Reema's work included Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, Hum Apke Hain Koun, Maine Par Kiya, and Kal Ho Naa Ho.