Jackson (19), who had already landed a role on Fox's Star acting along Millie Bobby Brown, "will step onto the big screen for the first time in Amazon Studios' untitled new movie". Nash Edgerton is listed as the director of this "dark comedy", filled with "Mexican drug lords, mercenaries and the FBI". The movie will costar Charlize Theron, David Oyelowo, Thandie Newton and Amanda Seyfried
ONTD did your last name ever help you to get a job?
Lea Michele was featured on US Weekly, where she was asked about her tracks on her latest album, Places, as well as mentioning some from her first album, Louder, and credits 'Glee' for her fanbase and current success.
• Track 03. Proud: "My parents [inspired the track]. Even some of the lyrics, like, my dad always says to me, 'go slow. Just go slow.' Everything I do is to make my family proud."
• Track 09. Sentimental Memories: "That's a breakup song about someone who fucked me over. It was a relationship that didn't go in the right direction, a relationship in which I had felt taken advantage of."
Lea also stopped by 1 On 1 With Larry Flick for one of her most intimate interviews yet, where she toned down her 'theater kid' energy and allowed herself to be vulnerable with very honest answers. She tells Larry that she likes him a lot as an interviewer, since he handles things with respect and class, which is why she feels more willing to open up so much.
( Collapse )
Sources: 1, 2
that was her best interview yet
Anne-Marie on Christina Aguilera's album 'Stripped': "All of that 'Stripped' album was so powerful for young women". pic.twitter.com/eS14Zxwcxn— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) May 2, 2017
Transcript: "I used to get so many nasty comments when I cut my hair short, and it upset me, but now it does not affect me. // Music and lyrics really helped me out; Christina Aguilera's words, all of that Stripped album was so powerful for young women. It taught me so much, and the album was so relevant."
Anne-Marie ('Ciao Adios' singer) says Christina Aguilera's 2002 album Stripped was on repeat during her first taste of the spotlight. The track 'Beautiful' especially helped her deal with negative comments.
"I've had to learn not to read all the bad comments. Or, if you do, try and not take it into your soul, body, brain, and heart," she stated, when speaking at London's The O2.
What album gets you through life, ontd?
- this year's billboard music awards are looking to be the most star-studded yet
- the first round of performers was announced monday, including ontd fave karla, bruno mars, celine dion, ed sheeran, lorde and many more
- the billboard music awards will air may 21 at 8 p.m. et on abc
Marvel has released a statement about their controversial Secret Empire event, where Captain America is a member of HYDRA.
With Marvel Comics' Secret Empire, the forces of Hydra have taken over and, due to the villainous actions of the Red Skull, have manipulated Marvel’s greatest hero, Captain America, and forced him to adopt their cause. At Marvel, we want to assure all of our fans that we hear your concerns about aligning Captain America with Hydra and we politely ask you to allow the story to unfold before coming to any conclusion. Your passion for the Marvel Universe is what keeps us going every day. We want to keep providing our fans with exciting adventures and presenting characters with dimension.
Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, will always be a cornerstone of the Marvel Universe who will stand up for what is right, and Secret Empire will be the biggest challenge Steve has ever faced. What you will see at the end of this journey is that his heart and soul -- his core values, not his muscle or his shield -- are what save the day against Hydra and will further prove that our heroes will always stand against oppression and show that good will always triumph over evil.
And a friendly reminder that Cap was already an evil fascist before his past was rewritten by a sentient cosmic cube.
• Brad acknowledges his drinking for the first time, stating he's in therapy and has completely given up alcohol. He says he used to be really good at sneaking drinks and he doesn't want to live that way anymore.
• He appears to take full responsibility for his actions. “I was boozing too much, It’s just become a problem. And I’m really happy it’s been half a year now, which is bittersweet, but I’ve got my feelings in my fingertips again.”
• He says the divorce feels "like death" but the family is doing better and he's healthier now.
• When asked to recommend a film, he recommended Angelina's film First They Killed My Father: “You should see Angie’s film.”
He probably wants Angie back :/
Hulu has officially picked up Marvel's Runaways to series, set to debut in 2018. It's based on a diverse group of teenagers who band together to fight their parents, who are in a secret society composed of time travelers and evil scientists.
Here's a LQ promo
Sources 1 and 2
Avan Jogia, Vincent D’Onofrio, Kristin Lehman, and Meatloaf star in this series compromised of thirteen episodes that will air on SyFy in the US and Netflix elsewhere. Avan Jogia plays an outcast named Roman Mercer who has to figure out his repressed psychic powers and save a small Alaskan town that's being attacked by paranormal forces/a mass haunting.
This morning, Erykah Badu took to twitter to the drop the news of her upcoming tour. The "Badu Vs. Everythang" Tour is starting this month and tickets have not yet been made available.
Badu will travel through the southern United States, before heading to Europe, coming back to the U.S. to visit major cities like LA and NYC , and then to Japan. The tour will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of Baduizm's release.
Sources: vibe 1, 2 and erykah's twitter
ONTD, what is your favorite track off of Baduizm?
*performaces begins at 3:00*
Karlie Kloss opens up about the possibility of a political run: https://t.co/oFlEE9EsVg— JustJared.com (@JustJared) May 3, 2017
With the election of Donald Trump, many celebrities' minds seem to have opened up about their qualification for and ability to be President of the United States. Mark Zuckerberg for example seems to be preparing for a 2020 run right now and it's now a common celebrity interview question.
When asked whether or not a run for president is in her future, Karlie said “Never say never, right?”
She's been with her boyfriend, the brother-in-law of Ivanka Trump, for five years. "Time flies. It’s crazy. He’s a super-solid dude."
Michael Moore recently suggested that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson run for president. The Rock has said he hasn't ruled a move to politics out and that the idea of being president is "alluring"
Do you think celebrities should be President?
Today's hosts: Joy Behar, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, Jedediah Bila and Whoopi Goldberg
Today's 🔥 topics:
The panel talks about a recent interview Hillary Clinton to CNN's Christiane Amanpour at the Women for Women International event in New York. Hillary tells them "on the way to winning until a combination of Jim Comey's letter on October 28 and Russian WikiLeaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me and got scared off." Jed goes in on Hillary about her choices. Sara was disappointed with the interview because Hillary missed the mark. Sunny tries to argue that she got 3 million votes she hit the mark with people. Sunny says that it was a whitelash after 8 years of Obama. Joy chimes in that Hillary was just a bad candidate but would've been a great president. To end the panel, Joy says that Putin would make America great again.
The panel then talks about Bill Maher's comments about "identity politics" on how it made the white majority feel like the minority during the election cycle. Did the Democrats not hit the right groups? Sara wants the dissent to be gone and provide inclusion and engage groups that are missed. She uses the example of how her brother is a gay man but he's more than that. Jed sounds reasonable during this segment, women are galvanized by Democrats it always goes back to their ovaries and never brings up healthcare or jobs as a women's issues. Jed wants you to vote because they are the best candidate regardless of they are female or male. Jed goes on a semi-rant in which she says that she gets insulted a lot it seems because as a woman she didn't vote for HRC and she didn't stick up for her gender. She says that she with her principles and vote for neither candidate.
( Collapse )
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3
I'm dying at Alice Cooper's face when Betty called her out. Last-minute theories on who killed Jason Blossom?
( Collapse )
Do you think she'll be able to fill these arenas, ONTD?
Also, lol @ Halsey not having a tag but her opener does.
Kathy performed her latest flop single Bon Apetit at the MET Gala but the audience lost their appetite watching her. No it's not the botox, you can tell by both Madonna and Jlo's faces they didn't know what the fuck was going on.
source=https://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz/katy-perrys-met-gala-performance-didnt-impress-jlo-or-madonna-see-their-shady-reactions/ & https://twitter.com/fkajack/status/859285046032838656
I'm sooooooo excited about Europe I could piss glitter all over myself— B I A ⚡️ (@PericoPrincess) May 3, 2017
Do you piss glitter, ONTD?
1, 2, 3,
Tom Hanks is fed up with NFL billionaires scamming taxpayers for stadiums https://t.co/cc5ggEPFyz— ThinkProgress (@thinkprogress) April 28, 2017
· At a San Francisco fundraiser for 826 Valencia & ScholarMatch, Bay Area native & national treasure Tom Hanks told SFGate, “It’s a billion-dollar industry, they have billion-dollar TV contracts. All the owners are billionaires. And yet when they want to build a stadium they’re going to use for 10 weeks out of the year, they expect the city taxpayers to buy the building.”
· In March the NFL approved the decision by a vote of 31-1 to move the Oakland Raiders to Las Vegas in two years. The decision was made in part after Oakland's Mayor, Libby Schaaf, refused to hand over more money to the NFL for a new stadium. Oakland still owes $83mn in tax dollars for renovations made to the Oakland-Alameda Coliseum in 1995. Business Insider called the NFL's plan for a new $1.9bn Las Vegas stadium (which would use $750mn in public funds) "the worst stadium deal in the world." The cost would be a record $354 per person. ESPN calculated that NFL teams have used $6.7bn of public funds in the past 20 yrs on renovations or building new stadiums
· Hanks also said he's boycotting the Raiders for two years
· In has-beens corner, Fabio (yes, Fabio) lamented to Tucker Carlson (yes, Tucker Carlson) that California governor Jerry Brown has taken the side of criminals with regard to prop 57, which increases chances of parole for non-violent offenders
· Fabio (Fabio!!!! In 2017!!!!) said that coming from Europe he's "seen this movie before," that CA is facing a crime "epidemic" and tells viewers (your racist uncle, probably) to take the side of police
This sounds super familiar, like some of this sounds lifted
Marvel’s The Defenders follows Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Luke Cage (Mike Colter) and Iron Fist (Finn Jones). A quartet of singular heroes with one common goal – to save New York City. This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who realize they just might be stronger when teamed together. The Netflix original series will launch globally on August 18, 2017.
Page 6 posted a video pointing out the ways how America's pop product Katy Perry exposed her true self and ended her career along the way.
Citing her unapologetic use of the N-word, collaborations with homophobic rappers and supporting antisemitic designers, Katy Perry ended up with her least commercially successful era to date.
Her new single "Bon Appetit" is predicted to sell less than 16,000 copies in the first week, which is a dramatic decline from the 557,000 copies she sold with her last lead single "Roar".
source source 2
-Hulu will begin to offer LIVE television
-Will offer 50 channels to choose including the 4 main networks+Bravo/TNT/HGTV and more!
-Will cost $40
-Right now beta testing is only available for
-50 hours of cloud DVR storage
Now if flop CW and AMC got in line....bye bye DISH
( Collapse )
- Eight different teens react to various scenes from 13 Reasons Why
- Opens up discussion about the show, and how it relates to their own lives
- Most of the teens enjoyed the show, but others felt it could've been executed better
“CHASE CONTINUES TO TORMENT OLIVER — Oliver (Stephen Amell) returns to the mayor’s office and faces one of his most pressing issues yet – the forced release of dozens of violent criminals prosecuted by Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra). Meanwhile, a crate is delivered to Oliver’s office containing a mysterious corpse encased in concrete. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Sarah Tarkoff (#521). Original airdate 5/10/2017.”
source / source
Source;( X )
- Godzilla vs. Kong is now May 22nd, 2020 instead of May 29th
- Game Night moves from February 16th to the 14th, 2018
- Untitled New Line Horror Film is on September 7th 2018
- The new Scooby-Doo movie Scooby moves from September 21st 2018 to May 15th 2020
more @ the source
Are you excited that we wait one week less for the gladiator match of the century?
( Collapse )
Please put unaired spoiled discussion under an lj-spoiler cut!
( Collapse )
Breath Heavy: Is Christina Leaving RCA?
Christina Aguilera: Timeline of X6 (2014-2017),
Christina Promoting Alisan's New Music (lol @ every single reply)
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Part I: We are introduced to Britney as a young girl who regrets breaking up with her boyfriend in '...Baby One More Time'; she is sad and lost and admits that her loneliness is killing her.
Part II: Britney comes out with her head held high in her sequel, Stronger, where she is not having any of her boyfriend's cheating ways. She decides that she is better off not only without him, but on her own in no-man's-land as an individual.
Christina Aguilera, Still Dirrty. Sequel to Dirrty
Part I: Xtina, 21 years old at the time of filming, stripped her bubblegum pop girl persona to release this filthy comeback; she got down and 'Dirrty' in the club and didn't take a second to shy away from it.
Part II: Christina came up with the jazz/pop fusion album 'Back To Basics', where she played with a classy old-Hollywood aesthetic. She recorded a glorious sequel track, 'Still Dirrty', to keep us in check and to remind us all that she is more than meets the eye. If you want some more sexy? She's "still got that freak" in her.
( Collapse )
Sources: one, two, three, four, five
My first post in soooo long :3 hi, ontd!
- Justin Simien, writer and director of the original 2014 film of the same name,is back with this this necessary look at race and white privilege in America.
- Justin says"I made this project because the thing is, it's really tricky to figure out who you are in a society where your identity has already been decided for you."
- Also, that the show is about tackling ideas of identity and self through black lens that tells a universal story that everybody can relared to.
Right now, Dear White People has a 100% in Rotten Tomatoes.
Are you watching, ONTD? Episode 5 made me cry.
- Liam Neeson is currently in New Westminister, British Columbia (just outside Vancouver) filming Hard Powder
- A local sandwich shop decided to write "Liam Neeson eats here for Free" and "Come in and get TAKEN away by our sandwiches," on their street sign. They shared the photos on social media with the caption "When you hear #LiamNeeson is filming in #downtownnewwest."
- And it worked! Neeson showed up a few hours later and posed for a photo! It's unclear if he actually got a sandwich.
- Today the shop posted a sandwich on instagram of their daily special called the Neeson. Describing it as "Lot's of beef, a one-two-punch of bacon and hickory sticks, and spice that'll get revenge on you tomorrow! #AlwaysHearty #SandwichLife."
Source + 1
sorry for screwing up the embedding before mods!
i've actually eaten here and they make pretty good sandwiches! this was so cute i had to share!
American pop product Katy Perry has angered the public once again after she posted a New York Times cover featuring her MET Gala look on it.
The problem is, the cover also features a picture of a policeman on fire.
The people in the comments let her have it:
"Someone is on fire? And you choose to glorify your dress? How insensitive can you be?", hausofferni wrote
"Disgusting. Are you really so selfish Katy? Is your dress really so important that you think this is at all acceptable? I hope that police officer makes it home to his family." erinwilleymew wrote
"You never really know someone until they show their true colors I never thought that you would ever make a joke that way wow you have really lost a fan" devanmira wrote
"Omg really Katy Perry? Posting, or lets say bragging a pic of you alongside a picture of a person burning? And you're saying yours is worth printing? There's obviously much more worthy news than yours. You shoud have cropped the pic or whatever if you really cant help yourself. Very insensitive of you to be honest smh" orangequiestas wrote
"Seriously, there's a cop ON FIRE and she cares about that God awful dress." panda_got_katanas concluded
Katy Perry has yet to comment or apologize.
On her new album being singer-song writer-y: Yeah. But not granola. I don’t listen to Ed Sheeran and John Mayer and stuff.
On why she doesn't like Hip Hop music anymore: I can’t listen to that anymore. That’s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too much “Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cock” -- I am so not that.
On why she stuck her tongue out all the time: I was so embarrassed to be on the red carpet and so many of those fucking disgusting photographers would tell me to blow a kiss, and that’s not me! I don’t want to blow you a kiss. I didn’t know what to do with my face, so I stuck my tongue out, and it became a rebellious, punk-rock thing.
On Blake Shelton, the Voice, and country music fans: I’m down for hanging with Blake. I actually want to take advantage of the fact that he’s there, his fans don’t really take me seriously as a country artist. One, I haven’t given them that music. But I’ve got a tattoo of Johnny Cash’s autograph that he gave me when I was a little girl that says, “I’m in your corner.” Dolly Parton is my fucking godmother. The fact that country music fans are scared of me, that hurts me. All the nipple pastie shit, that’s what I did because I felt it was part of my political movement, and that got me to where I am now. I’m evolving, and I surround myself with smart people that are evolved.
The issue hits stands May 13th. Are you ready for new Miley music?