Mayim Bialik and Sports Illustrated plus-size model Hunter McGrady are getting real about stretch marks, body image, and why postpartum bodies are “badass.”
Hunter McGrady :
• She knew it was not normal but she starved herself to become a model.
• a casting director dismissed her "We didn’t realize how big you were.” It was the turning point of her career.
• She took a break, started to eat, and became body-positive advocate.
• She abandonned her diet and felt beautiful even with her stretch marks.
• she says mums are badass because stretch marks signify that you are able to carry a child in your body.
Mayim Bialik :
• she has stretch marks on her breasts because they grew very fast but did not have stretch marks until she birthed her two children.
• she does not love her stretch marks like Hunter.
• she says Hollywood puts pressure on women to remain thin.
• she says people thought she was wearing a fat-suit on TBBT.source