In a recent interview with US Weekly, Courtney Stodden confirmed that she and Doug Hutchison officially called things quits about three months ago. She continued saying that the breakup has been really hard and that emotions are still very high. The decision did not come lightly as she felt that they had been through so much together, citing the miscarriage that she had last year, but that they had been struggling for some time.
In another interview (posted above) Courtney continued saying that she hopes 2017 will bring good things as 2016 was so rough for her. She states that she's single and dating. When asked about what she looks for in a man she responded, "I think I just want to have fun and I like guys who are funny and you know successful... and girls too I mean I'm bi so why not some girls too?"
Source 1 and 2
Hopefully this split is permanent and she finds some happiness.
GOOD NEWS: Steven Yeun among the most sought after actors for new TV shows "juggling multiple offers"- says Hollywood Reporter... About time pic.twitter.com/jOjdphirrL— Nerdy Asians (@NerdyAsians) February 18, 2017
Former Walking Dead favorite Steven Yeun is reportedly being soft after for pilot season.
This follows having to audition for 5 line role in a stoner movie.
Lisa Marie Presley's children taken into care, husband investigated over 'disturbing' child photos found on computer https://t.co/k0G9imLne0— The Telegraph (@Telegraph) February 17, 2017
Both Lockwood and Lisa Marie have hit back against each other. This isn't settling anytime soon. Lockwood really wants her money.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Source one, source two
The fact that he doesn't outright deny anything and is focused on her money speaks VOLUMES, imo.
Antonia Thomas (Misfits) has been cast as the female lead in the ABC drama pilot The Good Doctor
based on a South Korean format, The Good Doctor centers on a young surgeon, Shaun Murphy, with Savant syndrome who is recruited into the pediatric surgical unit of a prestigious hospital.
Thomas plays Claire Browne, a strong-willed, caring and talented doctor who forms a special connection with Shaun while wrestling her own challenges.
The episode is set 3 years later after the S3 finale, and none of the guys have spoken since.
ONTD, how much do you miss Happy Endings?
( Collapse )
"Britney Ever After" is on Lifetime at 8pm eastern tonight!
Gotta say, Nathan sounds like he's at least attempting to sound like Justin where Natasha isn't even trying?
- When the ban was put in place nominee and Iranian director Asghar Farhadi announced that he would not attend the ceremony (unclear if he's changed his mind since then).
- The Swedish nominee also leaned that his lead actress would not be able to attend the ceremony because she has dual Swedish-Iranian citizenship.
- All of them oppose the ban.
- Sweden's nominee Hannes Holm thinks a boycott is pointless because Trump voters don't care about the Oscars.
Next weekend is the 89th Academy Awards! While the Academy is notorious for snubbing genre films, occasionally those in the sci-fi/horror will receive acknowledgment for their contribution to cinema. This year, the critically acclaimed sci-fi film Arrival has received eight nominations, including Best Picture and Best Adapted Screenplay. Arrival is based on “The Story of Your Life,” which was written by celebrated science fiction author Ted Chiang. You can read the Nebula-award winning short story in Chiang’s superb collection, Stories of Your Life and Others. That one of my favorite stories was able to come alive so beautifully on the screen and nominated for Best Picture got me thinking: What other sci-fi and horror stories (emphasis on horror, because that’s my favorite) have become Oscar noms and wins? Let’s find out in my non-exhaustive list and add some books to our To Be Read shelf! (And if you’re looking for a book to read for the April task of our ONTD Reading Challenge, which is to read an Oscar nominated film based on a book, this post could be helpful...!)
( Collapse )
GRAPHICS: Myself, modifying creative commons images from http://www.freepik.com.
BOTTOM PHOTO: Night has taken away the flowers of our windows by Hamed Masoumi, retrieved from https://www.flickr.com/photos/hamedmasoumi/2913135536/ Used under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/).
BOOKS/FILMS: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: 1, 2. The Picture of Dorian Gray: 1, 2. Psycho: 1, 2. The Birds: 1, 2. Rosemary’s Baby: 1, 2. The Exorcist: 1, 2. Jaws: 1, 2. Carrie: 1, 2. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?: 1, 2. The Silence of the Lambs: 1, 2. Dracula: 1, 2. Children of Men: 1, 2.
- Angelina Jolie and her six kids attended the First They Killed My Father premiere in Cambodia
- It's based on the book "First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers" by Loung Ung, a Cambodian author and survivor of the Pol Pot regime
- Loung Ung said "Angelina and I met in 2001 in Cambodia, and immediately, I trusted Angelina‘s heart. Through the years, we have become close friends, and my admiration for Angelina as a woman, a mother, a filmmaker, and a humanitarian has only grown.It is with great honor that I entrust my family‘s story to Angelina to adapt into a film."
- At the premiere Angelina said "I cannot find words to express what it means to me that I was entrusted with telling part of the story of this country. This film was not made to focus on the horrors of the past, but to celebrate the resilience, kindness and talent of the Cambodian people. Most of all, this film is my way of saying thank you to Cambodia. Without Cambodia I may never have become a mother. Part of my heart is and will always be in this country. And part of this country is always with me: Maddox.”
( Collapse )
sources: 1, 2, 3
It's been two decades since Midnight Oil did a world tour and only a handful of gigs have peppered the time between now and 2002, when frontman Peter Garret decided to focus on his political career. They will play over fifty shows in six months with a full tour of Australia including many regional stops as well as shows in South America, the US, Canada and Europe.
( Collapse )
I know these guys were big before most of you were born but I grew up with the Oils music on the radio so this is pretty cool.
Source and here
April 22 premiere date
The film tells the story of Henrietta Lacks, an African American woman whose cells were used to create the first immortal human cell line. Told through the eyes of her daughter, Deborah Lacks (played by Winfrey), the film chronicles her search to learn about the mother she never knew and understand how the unauthorized harvesting of Lacks’ cancerous cells in 1951 led to unprecedented medical breakthroughs, changing countless lives and the face of medicine forever.
Joining Winfrey in front of the camera are some stellar actors including Renee Elise Goldsberry, Courtney B. Vance, Leslie Uggams, Rocky Carroll, Rose Byrne, Reg E. Cathey, Reed Birney, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, John Douglas Thompson, Adriane Lenox, Kyanna Simone Simpson and Roger Robinson.
Full winners behind the cut:
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Last night, Baby Daddy filmed its 100th episode, and the cast and crew celebrated. The show returns Monday, March 13th at 8:30.
( Collapse )
Sources 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Aaron Carter was playing a show at the Looney Bin in Bradley, Illinois
- Ill State was his opening act
- Aaron was mad because a member of Ill State, Haze Carbajal, was taking videos and goofing around while he was trying to perform
- Aaron had Haze removed by security and yelled "Bye Felipe" as he left
- Haze reacted by beating Aaron up on stage and damaging a computer and speaker
- Aaron was bloody and transported to a hospital, but he says he's okay now and that the police are investigating
- Haze addressed the incident saying that "Felipe is a Mexican name and the manner in which he said it was indeed racist if you see the video. I myself come from the south side of Chicago and am no stranger to being racially profiled and discriminated so his remarks got me really angry, especially during these times when racism is so prevalent and people think they can say what they want with no repercussions."
Who knew Aaron Carter was still even booking stages?
Universal in talks with Cary Fukunaga to direct a film based upon Stephen Walker's "Shockwave: Countdown to Hiroshima.
If all goes the way the studio wants, Fukunaga will direct the film based on a script by Hossein Amini (Drive) that adapts Stephen Walker's non-fiction book.
The book follows the events leading up to the bombs that were detonated above the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II. The film would likely include those working on the Manhattan project that kicked off the Atomic Age, the scientists who worked in the hopes of beating the Nazis to develop the technology and the Presidential decisions to use the terrible weapons.
- Collaborated on a song with Snoop Dog called Problematic last year
- He spent $100K on marketing, so the song would play in Timesquare, clothing stores, radio, etc. for 1 month.
- The day before the song was going live, Snoop Dog's team blocked it because they didn't want Snoop to be known for this song. They also hated the music video.
- Ricky couldn't get a refund.
Zoe Saldana talks about battling racism and sexism in Hollywood https://t.co/oTHsq1CFwW— TIME (@TIME) 18 février 2017
She prefers to do movies set in the future, and set an example for younger women because she is not playing the girlfriend but someone tougher. Future = hope.
films set in the past
she loves Jane Austen's adaptations but someone who looks like her does not exist in a positive way because of how she would have been treated.
She is Puerto Rican and Dominican so she is either too dark or too light to be cast in historical dramas. Those films lack nuance because racism is used as a plot device or glamorized.
( Collapse )
- LaBeouf and his artistic collaborators Rönkkö & Turner launched the project on Trump's inaugeration intending the piece to run for 4 years or the duration of Trump's presidency
- Because of the interactive unsupervised nature of the piece (a camera and microphone mounted to the side of the Museum of the Moving Image) the piece began to attract Trump supporters, trolls, and Nazis who would shout anti-semitic things into the camera and harass peaceful participants
- La Beouf was arrested after getting violent with one of the Nazis
- On February 10th the museum shut down the project
- The piece is now up and running after finding a new home at the El Rey Theater in Albuquerque, New Mexico WATCH HERE
Yay, I'm glad it's back. It would be cool if it rotated locations.
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.( Collapse )
Sources: [S1] [S2] [S3] [S4] [S5]
"Systemic racism began with slavery and has woven itself into the fabric of our culture, manifesting through police brutality, poverty, lack of education, and black incarceration. The most dangerous contributors? Advertising, beauty and fashion."
( Collapse )
I just took a flight from Toronto to Detroit Michigan and when I woke up the gentlemen sitting next to me had the policed called— mykki blanco (@MykkiBlanco) February 17, 2017
He said that he was not comfortable and did not know how @Delta allowed "someone like me" to board the plane with him and sit next to him— mykki blanco (@MykkiBlanco) February 17, 2017
( Collapse )
Haven't seen a press statement from Delta other than the replies on twitter but wtf is this bullshit? I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting next to some dude in a MAGA hat, but I'd quietly see if I could get my seat switched, not call the fucking police. Not like the police would care in that situation.
February 18, 2017
THON is a charity formed by the students of Penn State & is the largest student-run philanthropy in the world. They are committed to enhancing the lives of children and families impacted by childhood cancer. Their mission is to provide emotional and financial support, spread awareness and ensure funding for critical research - all in pursuit of a cure.
If you'd like to donate to their cause, you can go HERE
So much respect for @DNCE. After countless attempts from PSU THON volunteers to get big names to our 4 diamonds stage, someone answered— Kaylee Macko (@KayMacko) February 18, 2017
( Collapse )
SOURCES: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Samuel L. Jackson voted for Denzel, is pissed at Viola for going supporting & turned off LA LA LAND after 20 minutes https://t.co/TUUSd5i0Q9— Scott Feinberg (@ScottFeinberg) 18. Februar 2017
- likes Moonlight
- turned off La La Land after 20 minutes
- is pissed that Viola went supporting
- tried to get cast in Black Panther but Marvel said no
- gives us a blind item:
“I remember doing a movie with an Academy Award-winner. I specifically had a clause in my contract that said I had to make a million more dollars than him because he doesn’t put [people] in seats — I do. It’s knowing who you are and what you’re doing.”
* 22 year old Japanese actress Shimizu Fumika has retired from the industry to better her religion.
* Her religion is the Happy Science.
* Started in 1986, Okawa Ryuho believes himself to be an reincarnation of a God called El Cantare. He says he can channel deities like my mans Jesus, Muhammad, Confucius, and MatsuJun.
* Margaret Thatcher's ghost told Okawa that Japan needs to attack and defeat China, Taiwan, and North Korea cuz they plotting on Japan.
* Homegirl was unfortunately born into it.
* She was
* Happy Science also has a girl group called anjewel, so ppl are speculating that they might stick ha in the group.
* Recently El Cantare channeled the spirit of Agent Orange
ONTD, do you believe in Happy Science?
Ahhhh, sorry for breaking the site
Elba also co-stars in “Guerrilla”, a love story set against the backdrop of one of the most politically explosive times in UK history. It tells the story of Marcus (Ceesay) and Jas (Pinto) whose relationship and values are tested when they liberate a political prisoner and form a radical underground cell in 1970s London. Their ultimate target becomes the Black Power Desk, a true-life, secretive counter-intelligence unit within a Special Branch dedicated to crushing all forms of black activism.
a six-part limited event series premieres April 16
( Collapse )
source - source
Emma Watson admits she struggled to get out of bed amid feminism backlash: ‘I needed 24 hours to sulk’ https://t.co/wgcNMGsJ0v— Metro Entertainment (@Metro_Ents) 17. Februar 2017
from her new Elle interview:
“It’s difficult to hear criticism from people you consider your peers and who you believe are on the same side”.
“There is a level of criticism that comes with being an actress…but once you take a stance on something like feminism, that’s a completely different ball game.”
“There were a couple of days when I just didn’t want to come out from under the duvet."
“At first I wasn’t sure if I should allow myself to be upset by it, but then I realised I needed to give myself 24 hours to sulk, and then move forward.”
“Whether you are a woman on a tea plantation in Kenya, or a stockbroker on Wall Street, or a Hollywood actress, no one is being paid equally”.
The new Funko Pops: Jon Snow in Stark armor, Tyrion in his Essos costume, Tormund in battle, Darth Cersei, BRAN STARK (finally!), Wun Wun with arrows, and a Jon Snow & Ramsay 2 pack which looks amazing.
No news on the retail exclusive Funko pops, but they should be released in the future.
*At the first stop of OOR's Japanese tour, the bassist of the group said:
"I got married this month! Her name is Michelle! I’m pleased to announced that we’re husband and wife"
* Ppl are spectulating that he married Avril-chan's sister Michelle.
*Lavigne senpai is best known for her serenade to Japan Hello Kitty
* This is allegedly Michelle instagram account, followed by OOR members Toru and Ryota.
「コハマ ミシェル｣になってるぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅぅ😳😳😳— 松澤みやこ (@YGwX2ROpv8Kyx8y) February 18, 2017
This can be a J-Pop/Rock post.
ONTD, remember Arama before it left Livejournal