While on Watch What Happens Live, Ryan Murphy was asked about the new season of American Horror Story and said: "I don't have a title, but the season we begin shooting in June will be about the election that we just went through."
-GQ does a few interesting articles about the eclectic soundtrack for the Young Pope
-One of the big things that makes The Young Pope so intersting is it's use of contemporary music set to traditional (glamorous) catholic backdrops.
-Academy award winning director/creator Paolo Sorrentino is a fan of electronic music
-One scene features Jude Law getting ready to address the clergy set to 'Sexy and I Know It' by LMFAO
-Sorrentino gives full credit to the editor, who nervously suggested the track. Sorrentino ended up loving it and kept it immediatley.
-Sorrentino speaks more about the music of the show in another GQ profile (here)
So the finale aired on Monday for those of us in the US. It's not the biggest audience for HBO (on par with Veep) but it's an unexpected critical hit for them with low financial risk on their end. Honestly some of the best TV I've seen. Ever. The music plays a big part.
Did you watch The Young Pope at all? Thoughts?
Camila Cabello's debut album is due out this fall.
The article talks about how she sang 45% of the group's lines.
Camila says she encouraged the other girls in the group to follow their own voices.
She hasn't been in touch with anyone from the group.
She hangs out with Troye Sivan and Taylor Swift and they do "chill stuff" together.
She loves Rupi Kaur's "Milk and Honey."
She exchanged numbers with her Uber driver because they connected over being hopeless romantics.
- In what I can only discribe as something I would read here, Bee starts by making a Portrait of Republic "leader", Paul Ryan.
- But soon, she goes to highlight how spineless Ryan
wasis by saying: "Watching Ryan playing moral watchdog was like watching Taylor Swift pretending to be surprised at an award show, bland and fake, but really compelling."
- Finally, she goes for the jugular with the following advise: "Take another cue from Taylor Swift, Mr. Speaker, know when to dump the guy you've only been pretending to like to help your career" and a pic of Taylor and Tom while they were "dating".
Do you think she'll be sharing the same special place in Hell that Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, ONTD?
How long before Lena Dunham writes a bigass IG post defending TSwift while still making it all about herself?
Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw teases a more mature sound for Rita Ora's new music https://t.co/PdkkO5MB3n— Digital Spy Music (@digitalspymusic) February 13, 2017
- music star-fashion icon-actress rita ora has been busy in the studio working on new music - and her friend nick grimshaw is very excited by the tunes she's laying down
- "rita has played me some of her new tracks. she came round and played them off her phone. they sound really really good, really exciting, and she's really grown. i was going to say grown up, evolved. matured."
- ora's new album is idolator's one of the 10 most anticipated albums of 2017
r2 is coming...
Kanye West debuted Yeezy Season 5 at New York Fashion Week
Show only went for 13 minutes
Fashion was as tragic as ever
In attendance: Anna Wintour, Kim Kardashian, Kylie + Tyga, Pusha T, ASAP Ferg, Hailey Baldwin.
( Collapse )
SOURCE 1 2 3 4 5 6
ONTD, will you spend thousands of dollars on some distressed denim and a t shirt?
p.s. sorry mods xxxxx
In an interview with Playboy magazine, ScarJo opened up about her recent separation from her second husband Romain Dauriac
"I think the idea of marriage is very romantic; it's a beautiful idea, and the practice of it can be a very beautiful thing... I don't think it's natural to be a monogamous person. I might be skewered for that, but I think it's work. It's a lot of work. And the fact that it is such work for so many people — for everyone — the fact of that proves that it is not a natural thing. It's something I have a lot of respect for and have participated in, but I think it definitely goes against some instinct to look beyond."
Are you monogomous ONTD?
- Ashton Kutcher spoke yesterday to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on ending modern slavery and human trafficking
- Outlined the work his organisation, which he co-founded with Demi Moore, Thorn: Digital Defenders of Children, does: develops software to “leverage technology to combat predatory behaviour, rescue victims, and protect vulnerable children"
- Talked about how technology is simply "a tool without will, the will is the user of that technology" and while it can be used to enable slavery but it can be used to fight it
- Spoke about the need for financing but explained how the technology would become more cost effective over time
- Conveyed how we need to be doing better preventative work and to go after the "pipeline" and used the foster care system as an example. Children in foster care are four times more likely to be exposed to sexual abuse. Further, when children are taken out of trafficking there is not enough support for them and most end up being trafficked again
- Closed by outlining the differences between sex and labour trafficking, how they need different legislations and how economic consequences should not outweigh moral consequence (sweet summer child)
The entire session can be seen on C-Span
- The second, third, and fourth seasons of American Crime Story will focus on the Katrina aftermath, the Gianni Versace assassination, and the Monica Lewinsky/Bill Clinton scandal, respectively.
- Edgar Ramirez will play legendary fashion designer Gianni Versace, who was murdered outside his Miami Beach mansion in July 1997.
- Ryan Murphy and ONTD? fave Darren Criss will play serial killer Andrew Cunanan, who became the 449th fugitive to be added to the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list in June 1997.
- Ryan Murphy has confirmed that Lady Gaga will not play Donatella Versace.
Sara Bareilles announced this morning that she will be taking over the role of Jenna who is played by Jessie Muller. Bareilles wrote the music and lyrics for Waitress. She's also released an album that features the songs from the musical. She's been singing this material for a good three years now.
SOURCE: 1, 2
Are intelligence agencies withholding information from the Trump admin for fear it will be leaked or compromised? The co-hosts weigh in. pic.twitter.com/4gyFL50hNO— The View (@TheView) February 16, 2017
Today's hosts: Joy Behar, Sara Haines, Jedediah Bila, Sunny Hostin, Whoopi Goldberg
Intelligence community keeping information from
How today is #ADayWithoutImmigrants
( Collapse )
SOURCE: 1, 2
The first poster for 'Top of the Lake: China Girl' starring Elisabeth Moss. pic.twitter.com/Ie4OAdPFCS— The Film Stage 📽 (@TheFilmStage) February 16, 2017
Top of the Lake: China Girl is the sequel to Jane Campion's 2013 miniseries Top of the Lake. The new series will move the show from New Zealand to Hong Kong.
Elisabeth Moss reprises her role as detective Robin Griffin and is joined by a new cast including Jane Campion fave Nicole Kidman and Campion's daughter Alice Englert!
I hate the poster, but I can't wait to see this.
- Bill booked human dumpster fire M*lo; ruggedly handsome journalist / political tea-spiller Scahill said he wouldn't appear on the same episode because of said dumpster fire
- Bill got predictably butthurt and issued a statement: "Liberals will continue to lose elections as long as they follow the example of people like Mr. Scahill whose views veer into fantasy [lol sure Jan] and away from bedrock liberal principles like equality of women, respect for minorities, separation of religion and state, and ~~free speech. ... My comments on Islam have never veered into vitriol. [delusional.gif] ... If Mr. Yiannopoulos is indeed the monster Scahill claims — and he might be — nothing could serve the liberal cause better than having him exposed on Friday night."
- apparently doesn't get that "having free speech" and "having a hugely public platform" are not the same, blah blah
Of course he did. TW for M*lo's face @ the sources!
Twitter | source | Jeremy's tweet
FINALLY we got a Carisi episode! Thank fuck. This season had been boring me to tears.
ONTD, did you watch last night's episode? Wasn't it great? Wasn't my bb Carisi AMAZING? And is it a coincidence that a Carisi-heavy episode was the best one of the season?
Because of Jimmy Kimmel going overtime, Mariah's performance of "I Don't" aired on TV, but "Vision of Love" didn't. It was uploaded on YouTube though and sung 100% live ("Vision of Love" is the one song that she refuses to even lip a single word on lol).
Mariah also attended the Clippers vs Hawks game with Bryan Tanaka and sang a little run from Fantasy in the audience.
Source: YouTube, Twitter
Mariah Carey at Clippers vs Hawks game pic.twitter.com/swbtHKqKS4— NICK HAMILTON (@NickHamiltonLA) February 16, 2017
First, Rita decided to finally try to connect to the girls and came to visit them at the house, but it turned into a bitching session with Tash vs. Cody each complaining about the other one to Rita while the other girls just sat there. Awkward.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Source: me & vh1.com
Mods, I took all the screenshots myself, directly from the episode online. I added a link to the episode.
I want to say thank you to
No details have been released so far, but considering DC celebrates Batman day yearly with talent signings at comic shops across the country, sales on books, etc, the same would apply here.
will you celebrate, ontd??
The 11 new presenters announced are:
-- Forever Oscar nominee Amy Adams
-- Golden Globe nominee Riz Ahmed
-- Oscar winner Javier Bardem
-- MTV Movie Awards nominee John Cho
-- People's Choice Awards winner Dwayne Johnson
-- Oscar nominee Felicity Jones
-- Teen Choice Awards nominee Leslie Mann
-- Screen Actors Guild Award winner Janelle Monáe
-- Emmy nominee David Oyelowo
-- Soon-to-be Oscar winner Emma Stone
-- Oscar winner Charlize Theron
The 89th annual Academy Awards take place live on Sunday, February 26 on ABC.
Twitter 1, Twitter 2
- She struggled with taking on the role of a "victim" but ultimately decided Belle didn't share the characteristics of a victim of Stockholm Syndrome
- "She keeps her indepence; she keeps that freedom of thought...in my mind, Belle decides to stay. She's giving him hell. There is no sense of 'I need to kill this guy with kindess.' Or any sense that she deserves this. In fact, she gives as good as she gets. He bangs on the door, she bangs back. There's this defiance that 'You think I'm going to come and eat dinner with you and I'm your prisoner--absolutely not.'"
- Watson explains how Belle and Beast's relationship is very special: "They form a friendship first...they have seen the worst of one another, and they also bring out the best."
Spy/private eye, Sterling Archer, attempts to find his partner’s killer in 1947 LA.
Fyi, this season takes place after the events in the season 7 finale in Archer's mind.
- Rey still has Luke's lightsaber
- Rey has new hair (!!!!!)
- Finn is still wearing Poe's jacket
- Poe has a resistance helmet on
are you excited for Rey's new hair-do?
ME RÍO PARA NO LLORAR pic.twitter.com/Tak1lN8r1v— ️️ (@isthekinglwt) February 16, 2017
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 | 2 | 3
What do you think? Are they being the most obvious people to ever get back together, or is all a sham to play with the hearts and minds of Larries?
- McLean was best known for his Vinyl Café radio series, a variety show that also featured stories about Torontonians Dave and Morley and their two children. McLean would later spin the Dave and Morley stories off into a series of successful books
- McLean died after losing his battle with melanoma. He was 68
RIP. We've lost a legend. I grew up listing to the Vinyl Café stories. They're so good, I loved them so much.
Full transcript and video of President Trump's news conference https://t.co/4E06ycYFVg— The New York Times (@nytimes) February 16, 2017
This afternoon at 1200 EST. 45 held his first solo press conference during his presidency and since give or take July 2016. It was a doozy.
Alex Acosta is his nominee to lead the Department of Labor. Made a joke with Jim Acosta if there was any relation.
How his poll numbers are high. The poll is the Rasmussen poll.
How he "inherited a mess"
How he had the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan then got fact-checked live during the presser. His rebuttal was he was given that information.
How the White House is a "fine-tuned machine."
How he will have a new EO that is an improvement from his travel ban.
Reporters keep asking about Flynn's resignation and his campaign's ties to Russia. "Leaks are real, news are fake."
Said former campaign chairman was "a good man" same with Flynn
"Russia is fake news."
His election victory and Hillary.
He asked the press corps if they know what uranium is and brought up Hillary again.
Was angry at media in regards to the tone of the coverage about him.
He admitted to watching to a lot of cable news.
Was angry when he was asked by a Jewish reporter in regards to the rising incidents of anti-Semitism in the US. It led to I'm the "least anti-Semitic and least racist."
Hyped up Melania.
Chicago was brought up as well as a HBCUs which lead to the CBC incident.
( Collapse )
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Viola Davis did a fun interview with Jess Cagle of Entertainment Weekly/People Mag where she revealed little fun details about herself including who was her first movie star crush and that would be
( Collapse )
Viewing Discussion post for S3E13: “It's War”
also if you didn't visit the Valestine posts (it was in the very 1st one)
[Just for you guys]
-Was mortified that they did "Gangsta Style"
-Was corrected on the name and he couldn't believe he got the name wrong
-Wasn't Glees finest moment
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Fave/least fave Glee performance?
The recruits learn how to burn everything down if they are ever exposed. Meanwhile, a mysterious death leads to an FBI investigation at the Farm. In the fut3ure, Alex heads back into the crisis zone and exposes the true traitor within the CIA.
Sadly, things have not been looking good for ONTD's favorite tv thriller starring Priyanka Chopra.
( Collapse )
Sources: 1, 2
ONTD, which shows do you want cancelled?
"A couple spends their daughter's college tuition and open an illegal casino to make money"
- Polanski's attorney has asked an LA judge to unseal the testimony that retired Deputy District Attorney Roger Gunson made in 2010 to be used were he to be unavailable for future proceedings of the case.
- He believes that it contains evidence that now-deceased Judge Rittenband reneged on a privately agreed to plea agreement that would have counted his 42 days in a psychiatric study at Chino State Prison as his sentence. When Polanski fled the US to evade sentencing, Rittenband said that Polanski was to be sentenced to the remaining 48 days of his 90-day sentence to Chino, and then be voluntarily deported. 40 years of accusations of judicial misconduct and failed extraditions and dismissals ensued.
- Judge Scott Gordon has set a hearing for Feb. 24.
SOURCES: 1 & 2
Michelle Rodriguez has been cast in thriller Widows from Steve McQueen.
She’ll join Oscar-nominated Viola Davis in the pic along with Cynthia Erivo.
Three good episodes in a row? Who knew it was possible.
The 30s look is cute af! Also lol at the accuracy of the 2000s. What a time.
Source: WatchCut Video
A young woman (Suki Waterhouse) attempts to survive the cannibal-filled aftermath of the apocalypse in Texas in the second feature film from Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night). Jason Momoa, Giovanni Ribisi, Keanu Reeves, and Jim Carrey co-star.