- Author Joseph Boyden is a huge CanLit superstar and has won 2/3 of the major Canadian book awards.
- Previously claimed to have Ojibway/Cree heritage and has written books featuring characters from that background
- In December a video came out pointing out that over the years Boyden has claimed ever-shifting tribal affiliations including Métis, Mi’kmaq, Ojibway and Nipmuc
- APTN then did an exposé revealing that though Boyden claims to be indigenous on his father's side, a paternal uncle of Boyden's did an interview in the 60s revealing that he pretended to be indigenous but was fully white
- Boyden finally came out of hiding and only agreed to be interviewed by the Globe & Mail if he was allowed to choose a reporter. Continues to claim he's indigenous (now saying he's Ojibway and Nipmuc), but is how saying that he is going to back away from being a "spokesperson" for Canadian indigenous communities
What a mess... ONTD have you ever lied about your race for profit?
Also...late night book post?