Accompanied by his videographer and the rest of his entourage, the newly blonde Kanye arrived at Trump Tower this morning to meet with the president-elect. The reason for this meeting hasn't been disclosed yet, but there has been discussion of which A-list musicians will be willing to perform for Trump's inauguration festivities and Kanye certainly seems like one of the more famous possibilities.
Trump spox Hope Hicks emails me @kanyewest is at Trump Tower "Meeting with the President-elect."— Asawin Suebsaeng (@swin24) December 13, 2016
Trevor Noah sat down and interviewed President Obama for the entirety of The Daily Show on Monday night.
Trevor sat down with the president and discussed a range of issues including Russia's involvement in the elction. Obama seemed frustrated by the fact that this is not new information but people are starting to become outraged by it now. He also called out America's obsession with Hillary's e-mails even though they contained nothing controversial.
“What is it about our political ecosystem, what is it about the state of our democracy where the leaks of what were frankly not very interesting emails that didn’t have any explosive information ended up being an obsession, and the fact that the Russians were doing this was not an obsession?”
You can watch the full interview here at the source
Other topics included:
-Trumps statement that he doesn't need intelligence briefing
-Post presidency plans
-Racism in America and Obama's experiences
While appearing on Good Morning Britain this morning to help promote his current production School of Rock, Andrew Lloyd Webber made the claim that he believes he was actually the first person to discover Rihanna years ago. The Lord Lloyd-Webber recalled seeing the singer performing karaoke about twelve years ago at a hotel in Barbados. He says that he instantly noticed how good that she was and praised her to his friend.
"I wondered if we brought her back, it might be like a picture you buy on holiday and then you get home and think, why did I buy that?" he recalled. "I thought I might get her home and then wonder what to do with her... it's not something I'm proud of."
Do you think Rihanna could have become his muse?
Madonna's emotional speech earns props from Lady Gaga https://t.co/79xBIEhkqc— NBC Chicago (@nbcchicago) 13 December 2016
-Lady Gaga praised the “inspiring” speech Madonna gave while accepting the award for Woman of the Year at Billboard’s Women In Music 2016 event on Friday.
-During her speech, Madonna opened up about sexism in the music industry and the struggle of being a female entertainer. “Thank you for acknowledging my ability to continue my career for 34 years in the face of blatant sexism and misogyny and constant bullying and relentless abuse.”
-The singer went on to talk about her life as a teenager in New York City, revealing she had been “held at gunpoint, raped on a rooftop with a knife digging into my throat and I had my apartment broken into and robbed so many times and losing many friends to AIDS.
-Gaga felt moved by Madonna's speech and tweeted about it.
@Madonna your speech at the Billboard Music Awards was inspiring. You're so brave & strong. Thanks for being that for us girls we need that.— xoxo, Joanne (@ladygaga) 12 December 2016
( Collapse )
- Talks about how acting is a way for him to let go as he's a "control freak"
- One time, he decided to follow stage directions to "wail uncontrollably" and it was a disaster
- Finds it interesting how chemistry on set translates off set (i.e. him and Jake Gyllenhaal got too close and would try not to get annoyed with him lol)
- Still stunned by "The Night Of's" success because it almost never got made; the pilot was shown in 2012 and it didn't get picked up at first
- Thought "The Night Of" would get lost in the mix of amazing TV that's been on lately
( Collapse )
Source 1 2 3 4
Why the Casey Affleck sexual-harassment allegations just won't stick https://t.co/VO4gEkiziz— The Cut (@TheCut) December 13, 2016
- New York Magazine argues that people just don't care about the sexual allegations
because he's a white boy and brother of Ben Affleckdespide numerous articles talking about the incidents (The daily Beat article, The Verge, Mashable).
- NYM highlights that even thought Affleck has given several interviews, the accusations haven't even been mentioned, unlike Nat Parker.
- Two different woment accused him of assault, Producer Amanda White and cinematographer Magdalena Gorka, sued him for more than 2 mil each.
- Amanda White claims that while working with him at "I'm still Here" film, Affleck frequently spoke about "sexual exploits", asked another crew member to show her his penis despise she didn't want to see the sad little guy and even try to get her to stay in his hotel room (and when she said no, he physically assaulted her).
- Magdalena Gorka describes similar behaivor including Affleck getting into her bed in the middle of the night; when she woke up, he had him touching her hair and back. She says that this event was "the most traumatizing of her career".
- Affleck denies the allegations and says that it's just an attack on his family (he separated of his wife, Joaquin Phoenix's sister, earlier this year).
- More at the source.
S1 S2 S3 S4 S5 S6 S7 S8 S9
What do you think would be necessary for Casey Affleck to actually suffer the consecuence of his actions, ONTD?
A script on the Black List is currently making waves by causing the son of a famous director to become butt hurt. Among the best unproduced screenplays of the year is one called "Untitled Lax Mandis Project" a title that is an obvious dig at John Landis' son who has claimed film is dead because you didn't see his stoner movie, says people shouldn't be mad at films who whitewash, hates adaptations but (poorly) adapted Frankenstein, said Rey is the worst because she's a Mary Sue and also denies that he has any kind of privilege. According to The Playlist the film is about "A freshman film exec at odds with the state of his industry is forced to work with the one person who is making him question everything."
However this product of nepotism isn't mad because people are making fun of him, no of course not why would he be, he claims he's only upset because it took up someone else's spot on the Black List! (Sure Jan). He responded with a lengthy Facebook rant where he compared the script being on the list to Trump being elected President.
There's a script that was put out with my name on it to get attention to tracking boards. It is the story of a frustrated creative executive who is forced to work with a talentless megalomaniac wunderkind screenwriter called "Lax Mandis."
This is actually the fourth script I've read in which I or some version of me is a character, and the second in which I am a villain. It is however the first to unknowingly feature my old Unreal Tournament gamertag. (Gasp shock the horror not your old gamertag! 😱)
( Collapse )
Source 1, 2 and 3
Are you upset that this script made the Black List?
After a year long hiatus and social media break, Ed Sheeran tweeted this which most likely means a new album is coming soon. Following the trend of his last albums, + (Plus) and x (Multiply), this album could be called - (Minus or Subtract) or ÷ (Divide) or perhaps even = (Equals) or some other math symbol.
Are your ready, ONTD???
ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
Chance the Rapper
These are slightly less awful than usual.
‘Marco Polo’ Canceled By Netflix https://t.co/p5DIGJIYpb— Geeks Of Color (@GeeksOfColor) December 13, 2016
– Marco Polo premiered in 2014.
– Streamed for two seasons.
– The series starred Lorenzo Richelmy as the titular Italian explorer
and Benedict Wong as Kublai Khan.
– The cast also included Joan Chen, Remy Hii, Olivia Cheng, Tom Wu, Michelle Yeoh etc.
- The tweet/video focuses on "The Bridge to Total Freedom," and briefly touches on auditing.
- Episode 3 airs TONIGHT at 10/9c tonight on A&E!
Actual promo from the A&E website I couldn't get to embed.
- Some of his co-stars would not look or talk to him, when he was introducing himself. He only got to shake their hands after the movie was done
- Believes Hollywood has not changed even after protests for more diversity
- A barista mistaken him for Ken Jeong (the guy from The Hangover), he believes in the eyes of White people, asians all look the same
- Due to his cultural and language barriers at the time, he was not able to tackle racism from his co-stars
- But now he has changed and is ready to tackle the issue and push their buttons to see how far they would go with their racism
- Has grown accustomed to dealing with racism in Hollywood
- Feels a distance between him and white people
- Believes he must bridge the gap between asians and white people
- Hasn't given up on Hollywod, wants to make more movies and fight for more representation
Racism in Hollywood? Colour me surprised
- With the latest update, the baby pokémon from Johto have been added to the game and are obtainable for all players around the world.
- The newly added pokémon are: Pichu, Togepi, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Smoochum, Elekid and Magby (all baby pokémon from Gen 2). You can now see their shadow if you select their evolutions in the Pokedex.
- The new pokémon are, so far, only obtainable through hatching: 2k eggs for Cleffa and Igglybuff, 5k eggs for Pichu and Togepi, 10k for Smoochum, Elekid and Magby.
- Players may also encounter a Pikachu with a Santa Claus' hat, a limited edition Pikachu which will be available until the 29th of December. Apparently they will appear "in large quantities" during this period (i caught one this morning and i'm so happy rn <3)
sources: 1 2 3 4
are you excited to catch the baby pokémon or disappointed that we didn't get the entire Gen 2 at this point, ONTD?
* The Grand Tour beat out television heavyweights like Game of Thrones, Westworld, and The Walking Dead
* first three episodes of The Grand Tour was downloaded illegally 7.9 million times
* Game of Thrones was the most pirated tv show since 2012
* meanwhile Season 5 finale of GoT was downloaded 14.4 million times (via BitTorrent)
Gotham City Sirens was a recent comic from DC that showcased the popular female villains of the DCU lead by Harley, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman.
Han can point his finger at me any day tbh.
ladygaga "MILLION REASONS" video out tomorrow. And it picks up right where we left off with Perfect Illusion. @MTV premiere WORLDWIDE at 3pm ET, @Vevo right after.
The official music video for Lady Gaga's latest hit single "Million Reason" will debut on MTV, the pop superstar announced today. Gaga described the video as a continuation of the "Perfect Illusion" storyline, picking up right where the video left off.
Not only will the music video for Gaga's new song premiere exclusively on MTV, she will also be taking over the channel's Instagram page, serving up exclusive content for her fans.
( Collapse )
Source + 1
My personal favourite song from a film this year was "Something Wild" from Pete's Dragon, but that was only used over the end credits, so even apart from that film's not being especially successful, it wouldn't really fit this category, which is supposed to take into account the song's use in the film.
Also, two songs from Moana are eligible, neither of them being "You're Welcome", the objectively best song in the film (because I say so).
BTS look of Daniel Wu and his stunt team training the ladies of Into The Badlands
Nick Frost joins the cast in S2 as Bajie, a prisoner who befriends Daniel Wu's Sunny but has secrets of his own.
( Collapse )
After finding out about Marco Polo's cancellation, thought I'd do my part and try and post about this show. There aren't a lot of shows lead by POC, so it's refreshing to have both an Asian male lead with a WOC love interest as well as the younger lead being of Indian/German/Pakistani descent. As a fan of Wuxia films, I find the world-building and fight scenes pretty excellent and entertaining, especially compared to other shows and their fight choreography.
I wasn't sure if AMC would renew it, so I'm thankful we finally got news this summer. Season 2 is set to air March 2017. So, anyone else into the show? Daniel Wu's beauty thanks you for your time.
SOURCE 1 2
* "As of now, no, I’m not attached. If I was, you would have heard about it." - Wahlberg said
* Mark Wahlberg has confirmed that he will no longer star in Uncharted, the film adaption of the popular video game about treasure hunter Nathan Drake
* 'Uncharted' aiming to start production in 2017
“I’m on the move again. Golden Globe’s can s–k a d–k. I accept my series Power was not intended to be a signature show for the network, but it is the highest-rated show. I know my audience very well, I'm done promoting this out side of contractual obligations. SEASON 4 KANAN MUST DIE, I got other s–t to do.”
( Collapse )
Oscars: Academy DQ’s ‘Arrival,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Manchester’ Original Scores (EXCLUSIVE) https://t.co/Fqs7UrVTz6— Variety (@Variety) December 14, 2016
The Motion Picture Academy revealed its list of eligible scores for the Original Score Oscar (along with Original Song, already posted about). Missing were three notable films: Arrival, Manchester by the Sea, and Silence. Variety has learned that all three scores were disqualified from contention for having too much borrowed material (in the case of Arrival) or not enough original material (in the case of MBTS and Silence).
Studios/composers cannot appeal the decision as no such process exists.
-Meagan Goode will take on the iconic role (hopefully she has better luck on Hulu then she does on on tv....)
-Malcolm Spellman (Empire) and Ben Watkins (Burn Notice) will serve as showrunners and write the pilot
Wonder Woman's battle for equality for women and girls at the United Nations has come to a untimely end after heavy backlash.
A UN spokesman said the character's role would end on Friday despite plans for Wonder Woman to be used in an empowerment campaign for women and girls into 2017.
Yesterday Hilary Duff took a family trip to Disneyland. During the day she posted the above picture of her and her four year old son Luca outside of It's A Small World. The photo almost immediately received a large amount of responses calling the picture gross, perverted, inappropriate and some even saying that it was a form of child abuse. While some of the harsher comments have been deleted several still remain -
( Collapse )
The backlash, which interestingly enough was far more severe than any received the day before when Duff posted a picture of herself shooting a semiautomatic weapon, led ONTD's favorite walker to address the situation on her account earlier this morning.
Do you think this is a life damaging form of child abuse?
( Collapse )
Source: 1, 2, 3
ontd, have you also been underappreciated for the entirety of your glorious existence?
well this only took me 4 tries oops...
series creators Brannon Braga and Adam Simon say they knew the third season would be the last and claim it will be "an exciting climax to Mary’s transformational saga."
I knew this was coming, but it still hurts. Go console yourselves with a new episode tomorrow, at 9/8c on WGN America.
Hey, ONTD, let's talk about this show! I thought the first 2 or so episodes were kinda eh... but now I'm super into it. Dockers is great in the lead role and the actor playing Javier is incredibly hot.