In a post on Facebook, Val had this to say:
I love Michael Douglas but he is misinformed. The last time I spoke to him was almost two years ago, when I asked him for a referral for a specialist to get a diagnosis for a lump in my throat, which prevented me from continuing a tour of my play CITIZEN TWAIN. I ended up using a team at UCLA and have no cancer whatsoever.
( Collapse )
BBC announce Holliday Grainger is to play Robin Ellacott in the Strike Series on BBC One, set to begin shooting this November pic.twitter.com/cQ20U4q0qL— Robert Galbraith (@RGalbraith) November 2, 2016
- Follow-up to this post about Tom Burke of "The Musketeers" being cast as Cormoran
- no other casting news yet
- it will be a seven-part series (three parts "Cuckoo's Calling," two parts "Silkworm," two parts "Career of Evil"), airing some time next year
- I AM SCREAMING <333333333333
pennyfromhappyendings_AMAHZEENG.gif! This helps to make up for the disappointing-ass Depp/HP news yesterday. Are you excited, ONTD?? Have you read these books? (In other happy Borgias-related news, my darling Sean Harris [Micheletto] was nominated for his third BIFA yesterday! ♥)
source | other source
- the holiday season is quickly approaching, and many times, gift giving can be hectic! don't stress yourself out finding a gift for your loved ones
- italian lingerie brand tezenis just released a capsule collection designed in collaboration with the pop and style icon, rita ora
- the collection is the first celebrity capsule produced by tezenis - legend
- watch the 30 sec ad featuring the biggest song of 2015, poison
source / source2
- podcast is an anthology where each ep recovers the last memories of the recently deceased
- also features RuPaul, Denis O'Hare, Missi Pyle, etc.
- first 2 eps already out, the rest of the season comes out Mondays
Other than that, he's training for the NY Marathon and just kickin around on his farm
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
source: one, two, three, four (full IAMA link)
his IAMA was kinda boring
It was already released in Japan, so you can listen to the whole song H E R E.
source / source
The lyrics "You're dirty, disgusting, but I can't get enough of your loving. Boy, I hate you, really hate you. My momma said I shouldn't date you." that Perrie mentioned the other day are from this song.
When asked about it, Lindsay explained:
"It's a mixture of most of the languages I can understand or am trying to learn,"
"I've been learning different languages since I was a child. I'm fluent in English and French, can understand Russian, and am learning Turkish, Italian, and Arabic."
When Starbucks introduced its red holiday cup last year, people were pressed that the Christmas imagery was removed and that Starbucks' liberal agenda was trying to kill Christian values.
This year, kkkonservatives are even more pissed off that Starbucks released a 'unity' cup that shows a "mosaic of more than a hundred people drawn in one continuous stroke,” which the company says represents community and unity in a time of political divisiveness.
Though Starbucks is not a Christian company and has never put "Merry Christmas" on its cup, it has used general winter/holiday imagery like snowmen, ornaments and words like "joy" or "hope" in the past.
me destroying the new 'Stronger Together' cups
When Native American fans confronted her about it, she...blocked them. And is still blocking anyone that mentions the costume to her:
( Collapse )
ETA: She apparently had the foresight to know that the costume was racist and her excuse was that her fiancé is NA.
Sources - 1 2 3 4 5 6 (Now deleted.)
Set in Berlin in 1944, Where Hands Touch follows a bi-racial German teenager (Stenberg) who begins a friendship with a member of the Hitler youth (George MacKay).
( Collapse )
source 1 2 3
- Dave Broadfoot is probably most remembered as a member of The Royal Canadian Air Farce. He appeared on both the radio and television version of the show. His best-known characters were the Honourbale Member for Kicking Horse Pass, Sgt Renfrew of the RCMP, and Big Bobby Clobber a hockey player who had taken to many pucks to the head.
- He was known for an act that blended genial satire, Canadiana-laced content, and an extensive knowledge of political and historical goings-on. Broadfoot poked fun at all regions of the country with mildly politically incorrect results, praising the peace and quiet one finds in Quebec on Canada Day, and also in an extended riff on Canadian inventiveness.
- Said by many to be a pioneer of Canadian comedy and was even once called the Canadian John Cleese. He found fame outside of Canada as well and even appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show.
- Born in Vancouver on Dec. 5, 1925, Broadfoot began hitting stages soon after serving in the navy during the Second World War.
- Broadfoot was named an officer of the Order of Canada in 1983 and 20 years later was presented with the Governor General's Performing Arts Award.
- Further information on his passing isn't available, his family confirmed his passing to the CBC.
rip dave :( i rememebr watching his stuff with my parents all the time while i was little. he was probably one of my favourite air farce cast members. i really hope cbc puts together a tribute episode to him.
* an action-gothic thriller
* the synopsis reads: The road movie follows an amnesiac (Skarsgard) who teams up with a quick-witted circus sharp shooter (Delevingne) to uncover his lost memories. With a charming and malevolent tracker named Blood Lieberman in violent pursuit, the pair needs to learn to trust each other if they are going to survive this strange land stained with mysticism.
* marks the director, Ben Briand's, first feature film; his shorts have apparently received festival acclaim
* shoots in 2017
1. Taylor Swift $170M (World Tour, and endorsements)
2. Adele $80.5M (Mostly from album sales)
3. Madonna $76.5M (What she gets to keep from her $170 million world tour)
4. Rihanna $75M (Radio hits, world tour and endorsments)
5. Beyonce $54M (Album sales, touring)
On the Handmaiden challenging perceptions of homosexuality in South Korea: "I haven’t seen any statistics where this film achieved this sort of effect, but people have come up to me and said, “I took my mother by the hand and went to see the film.” It was an experience where middle-aged women saw the film and they might have been tricked into seeing this film by their children, but they were able to liberate themselves from their hatred and bias and just see this as a beautiful love story."
( Collapse )
sources: 1, 2
ontd, are you going to trick your conservative relatives into watching this movie?
I am so excited to announce this! Even though my name is not spelled with an E, who cares!! https://t.co/6LzFOeEtbK— Karen Gillan (@karengillan) November 2, 2016
- The film is called Tupperware Party, and Gillan is writing, directing, and starring.
- It's being financed by a new independent outfit called Mt Hollywood Films that is working with women and minorities.
- It's being filmed in Scotland.
She's a triple threat! Excited to see this and the other films coming from this production company.
Lil Wayne says he doesn't feel connected to Black Lives Matter movement. Watch tonight on Nightline at 12:35am ET. pic.twitter.com/28eBGfpSja— Nightline (@Nightline) November 2, 2016
Lil Wayne's Tuesday night interview on Nightline found the rapper sharing controversial thoughts on the Black Lives Matter movement and much more.
When asked about Black Lives Matter, Wayne appeared confused at first. "What is it? What do you mean?" he asked. Once informed, he said that the fact that he is, in his own words, "a young, black, rich motherfucker," meant that he didn't have to be connected to the movement. "I don't feel connected to a damn thing," he said."My life matter," he concluded. "Especially to my bitches."
In the comics, Swinton's character, The Ancient One, was a powerful Tibetan mystic, an Asian man, and 'and a dated stereotype at that' according to the article.
Having the Ancient One cast as female at least marks a step towards progress for Marvel, because of its usual lack of strong female roles. Derrickson says this was the first decision made and that it wouldn't be a '26-year-old leather-clad fanboy dream girl'
Casting an Asian woman felt like contributing to a bad stereotype
"Whitewashing, if you use the term the way it’s used now—it’s what I did with the role. But it also implies racial insensitivity and it implies racist motives and I don’t think I had either. I was really acting out of what I still feel is the best possible choice. But it’s like I chose the lesser evil—and just because you choose the lesser evil it doesn’t mean you’re not choosing an evil."
Talks about reinventing the character of Wong - instead of a sidekick, he's Strange's intellectual mentor
"Diversity is the responsibility of directors."
The untitled comedy is about a lesbian couple (Laurel and Marisa) who move with their son to Laurel's conservative hometown in Kansas. I can only assume that wacky hijinks ensue.
mindy kaling tho...
Pop singer Madonna looked a little disheveled as she was photographed rolling around on the floor clutching a glass of wine at upscale photography exhibition in London.
The "Living For Love" singer supposedly had a lot to drink, dropped to the floor and started putting on a show.
The stunned art crowd stood around and took pictures, despite her bodyguards best efforts. Following that, Madonna propped herself up against the wall, possibly needing a rest from the drunken wallowing.
This is not Madonna's first drunken public faux pas. Back in March,she suffered another alcohol-fueled on-stage meltdown.
( Collapse )
''Xander Cage is left for dead after an incident, though he secretly returns to action for a new, tough assignment with his handler Augustus Gibbons.''
Hyde is the lead singer of the legendary Japanese rock band L'Arc-en-Ciel and the rock band VAMPS. Hyde debuted his Harley Quinn costume at his band VAMPS’ annual Halloween event last weekend in Tokyo and the previous weekend in Kobe, Japan. Vamps kick off their North American tour later this week in San Francisco.
( Collapse )
VAMPS North American Tour 2016
Dates + Links:
Sunday, 11/6 - San Francisco, CA
Monday, 11/7 - Los Angeles, CA
Thursday, 11/10 - Mexico City, Mexico
Sunday, 11/13 - New York, NY
Monday, 11/14 - Toronto, ON
Tuesday, 11/15 - Chicago, IL
Some of the articles at their source:
Other sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- An insider tells E! News Drake and Taylor Swift are collaborating on new music together.
- "The music they have been working on is different," "very catchy."
- "They've both been having a great time in the studio."
- "They are not dating or hooking up, they are both purely friends."
- Emma Watson has a online feminist book club; this month's pick is Maya Angelou's Mom & Me & Mom
- she's left around 100 copies of the book around various London tube stations with handwritten notes
Source: Emma Watson's Instagram
what books would you leave for a stranger on public transportation to read ONTD?
Is Taylor Swift Pregnant? Source Claims Calvin Harris Could Be The Father [Rumor] https://t.co/T3ONXX7IdP— Inquisitr News (@theinquisitr) November 2, 2016
OK! Magazine has an exclusive scoop on Taylor's rumored pregnancy w/ their cover today: “[Taylor Swift] Shocker! Pregnant! Who’s The Dad?” According to the magazine’s report, the "Moment I Knew" singer is expecting a baby and dealing with baby daddy problems!
Apparently she's not sure who it is because she's had so many boyfriends but friends have a hunch that it is Calvin Harris' child.
Taylor, who has been single for a few days has been recently caught mingling with Drake and is currently recording w/ him.
“[Taylor Swift] friends aren’t even sure who the father would be, though their money’s on Calvin Harris. The timing fits for a late-summer reunion with him, which could have prompted her to dump Tom [Hiddleston]. That would put her a few months along.”
what kind of Rosemary's Baby situation... I wonder if she'll copyright the baby.
- They ask Rachel McAddams what would happen if Regina from Mean Girls became Doctor Strange.
- Bananahamock Gottacatchemall plays Walter White, Ralph Wiggum, Anakin Skywalker, Mario Bros and Willy Wonka (trigger warning for BingoBongo Cocacola's face here tbh)
- They play 'Character from Doctor Strange or herbal supplement for menapause'?
- They try to make Benedict Wong laugh.
- Bumblebee Pringlecock is asked to choose #TeamCap or #TeamIronman?
Source: Screenjunkies & Benedryl Candycrush
- No word what she's peforming or if it'll be with another singer
- Logically it will be Daddy Lessons and maybe she'll sing it with the Dixie Chicks since they had performed a cover of it earlier this year.
- CMAs air tonight at 8 pm.
Joanne is slacking - why isn't her neo-country azz performing?
- His memoir is a depiction of living in South Africa both under and after apartheid.
- Wasn't allowed to play outside as a kid since his mother could be arrested for having a relationship with a white man.
- Talks about growing up lonely and an outsider.
- Thinks that racism is so blatant in SA that nobody can deny it while it's written in the American system but many Americans are still convinced there's no problem.
- Thinks everyone lives in a bubble thanks to social media and that truth is only regarded as one of several opinions.
- Was surprised by the backlash from liberals who wanted him to go back to Africa.
Source: 1 2
What do you think of Trevor's version of The Daily Show?
( Collapse )
Please put unaired spoiled discussion under an lj-spoiler cut!
Extra innings watch post!
Nikolaj Coster Waldau (Jaime Lannister) and Pilou Asbek (Euron Greyjoy) with a fan.
( Collapse )
- Apparently the British tabloid press finds Harry's relationship with Meghan scandalous because she's divorced, older, has had sex scenes on Suits and her mother is "visibly black"
- The author talks about European nobility as the antithesis to diversity as well as prevailing racist stereotypes
- Also mentions that the tolerance for interracial relationships isn't necessarily greatest in the British upper class [gasp]
When Harry met Meghan – and dragged the royals into the 21st century https://t.co/XIVJDrSHKc— The Guardian (@guardian) November 2, 2016
Source: 1 2 3
Not a meaty article but I guess the Guardian wanted some of that web traffic. Team #MeghanIsTooGoodForHarry.
So gather round with your organically sourced vodka in your BPA-free tumblers made of sustainabily harvested bamboo and using your tiny ecological footprint power up that solar generator and watch by the oxygen-reduced camp-side fire app on your new MacBook Pro that you needed a dongle to hook up to your iPhone7's AT&T coverage.
About this great achievement (taken directly from YT because it is apt):
Before the Flood, directed by Fisher Stevens, captures a three-year personal journey alongside Academy Award-winning actor and U.N. Messenger of Peace (when did this happen? receipts?) Leonardo DiCaprio as he interviews individuals from every facet of society in both developing and developed nations who provide unique, impassioned and pragmatic views on what must be done today and in the future to prevent catastrophic disruption of life on our planet.
Also do your part by using the hastag #BeforeTheFlood across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram between October 24 – November 18, and 21st Century Fox and National Geographic will together donate $1 to Pristine Seas and $1 to the Wildlife Conservation Society, up to $50,000 to each organization. (which I mean that is not enough but whatever do it anyhow)
This message brought to you by Volt, better than a Prius obviously.
In other news The Great Barrier Reef has collapsed. #RIPGaia.
This is the first World Series win for the Cubs since 1908. The drought is finally over.
For Harry Caray, Ron Santo, Ernie Banks and all the fans who didn't get to see this in their lifetime. 🐻⚾️💙
I can't stop crying. We did it kids.— JOANNE (@ladygaga) June 25, 2011
I have legit been crying since the top of the 5th. I can't believe this is real.