TV Review: ‘Queen of the South’ https://t.co/0vlEwKqYDL— Variety (@Variety) June 22, 2016
- Lots of explosions, action, and violence in the first ep.
- The series offers a female-empowerment angle on Netflix's "Narcos", mixing violence with amazing fashion and making it work.
- Alice Braga is gr8 as the lead.
- Based loosely on "La Reina Del Sur" with Kate Del Castillo (the actress who introduced Sean Penn to El Chapo) which is also loosely based on the life of Mallory Chacón.
- The premiere hints that the series will explore the Mexico/USA borders issues since Teresa, the main character, originally flies to Spain, but in USA's version she flees to Dallas.
- "Queen of the South" premieres (or premiered depending on your timezone) today on USA Network.
Get to know the Queenpin before the Series Premiere on Thursday, June 23. https://t.co/AEz8PlPIyK— Queen of the South (@QueenOnUSA) June 15, 2016
- Acting is in her blood since her mother and aunt (Sonia Braga who will be seen on Netflix's "Luke Cage" next) are also actresses.
- She's fluent on Portuguese, English, and Spanish.
- Philanthropy is part of her life. She often posts on instagram about her support to #GlobalGoals, which is a movement to end poverty, inequality, and climate change.
Will you be watching this series, ONTD? TYFYA!