- Batman v Superman crossed the $300 millions
benchmark in 20 days (same as Furious 7
and 3 days faster than Deadpool
gross currently stands at $800 millions.
- At its current pace the DC epic showdown is heading towards a final tally of $340 millions (US)/$900 millions (WW)
. For comparison, earlier this year
the R-rated Deadpool
grossed $358 millions domestically and $757 millions worldwide, despite being banned in China.
- Despite these extremely impressive numbers, Dawn of Justice
continues to seen as a disappointment.
- Bat v Sup
production budget is heavily rumored to close to $400 millions–which would make it one of the most expensive movies ever made–and according to industry analysts it will needs north of $900 millions to break even (source)
and stands to make a smaller profit than Man of Steel
once all revenues streams are tallied (source
- On top of receiving a critical beating (currently 28% RT rating
, down 1% from last week), Bat v Sup
has also been plagued mixed reactions from audiences (B CinemaScore, 69% audience satisfaction score on RT, 7.2 score at IMDb
–same as Man of Steel
) which has translated into poor legs. After an explosive $166 millions opening weekend, Bat v Sup
fell a steep 68% in its 2nd weekend, and 54% in its 3rd weekend, when it famously lost the top spot to Melissa McCarthy's comedy The Boss
despite playing in more theatres and having the benefit of IMAX screens and 3D. The Boss
has been continuing its dominance over Bat v Sup
at this week's daily box-office.
- As the well-reviewed and family friendly The Jungle Book
begins its roll-out in a record number of theatres and on IMAX screens, Bat v Sup
window of profitability is rapidly dwindling.forbes