Starz has just revealed that Mr. Wednesday will be played by Ian McShane in Bryan Fuller and Michael Green‘s upcoming adaptation of Neil Gaiman‘s novel "American Gods".
Neil Gaiman said about the casting: “When you write a beloved character like Mr. Wednesday, you get to watch the Internet trying to cast the role. I’ve seen a hundred names suggested, but few make me grin like Ian McShane does… Yesterday was Super Tuesday. Today is Wonderful Wednesday.”
Ian McShane recently appeared in "Ray Donovan" and will soon appear in "The Game of Thrones" in unknown role. He is also set to return to "John Wick: Chapter Two" as Winston, the owner of The Continental, hotel for assassins.
Source 1, 2, 3
Are you happy, ONTD?
Allegedly, she got the internet intrigued making her post another photo a few hours later with the caption: My mystery man line up 😜 #whosthemysteryman #whoisit #whosworthit 😏😏😏
( Collapse )
Liam Payne then sealed the deal sharing this awkward couple selfie on Instagram.
SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE
God this is beyond embarrassing.
Comment on Dr. Luke’s Sister Bashes Lady Gaga & Other Kesha Supporters: ‘It’s Like A Witch Hunt... https://t.co/g3O8oV890Q ff@bobbypindas— ᴼᴹᴳ itz_pindas (@BOBBYPINDAS) March 5, 2016
- Vezna, 44, vehemently defends her brother and says the situation has been very difficult on their entire family
full story @
BuzzFeed News has obtained an email that a marketing agency working with Disney sent to the furry Meetup group Furlife, encouraging furries to post photos of themselves in fursuits to Twitter and Instagram with the movie hashtag, even offering posters or movie swag to those that do.
Read full email at Buzzfeed
The show revolves around a hard-living, foul mouthed woman (Olson) who moves to Greenwich, Connecticut, to raise her wealthy sister's spoiled kids because the sister fled the country to avoid a federal indictment.
ONTD, will Kaitlin Olson finally get the Emmys she's deserved for killing it on Sunny? And did you see the big moment in last night's Sunny episode that'll probably get taken back next week?
( Collapse )
Imma let you finish.... But you should probably be saving the money for a 4th grade education. https://t.co/1yqBoIg1Z1— deadmau5 (@deadmau5) March 2, 2016
( Collapse )
Ruby Rose, best known for her role on Orange is the New Black, has been named the new face of Urban Decay as the brand's “Most Addictive New Vice.”
In the press release, Ruby said, “Urban Decay believes in supporting individuality and personal self-expression — two values I hold very dear — because everyone deserves the freedom to explore their personality and discover their true selves.”
Details as to how the actress will be collaborating with Urban Decay have not been revealed yet, but will most likely include a Ruby-inspired collection.
#THANKYOU to all the fans that supported me for so long. Thank you to my family and friends who believed in me since day one. Thank you to my new family, my team of incredible people who work day and night to help make my dreams come true. This album is for YOU ❤ pre-order starts at midnight 💥💋
* Mischa Barton and Ginger Zee (meteorologist for GMA) have signed up for season 22 of DWTS.
* Mischa is paired with Artem Chigvintsev and Ginger is with Val Chmerkovskiy.
* Still celebrating that the demon seed Houghs will not be returning.
mmm whatcha say, ontd?
- Rocco is very stressed and upset, he had refrained from filing a number of papers which could be ‘emotionally disturbing’ to Rocco in the hope that an agreement could be reached.
- He's still in London with Guy, has missed months of schooling, has been photographed by paparazzi smoking suspicious cigarettes multiple times, has broken his wrist, shaved his head and been without supervision for days at a time.
- Madonna sees the damage that's being done to Rocco, who has so much potential, which by his father's influence is now being wasted and destroyed due to lack of guidance from a man who seems out for revenge instead trying to raise his children to be successful human beings.
- There's gonna be another hearing possibly June 1.
We talked to Game of Thrones/Hunger Games star Natalie Dormer about horror movies and madness https://t.co/3PrZyEW6vx— VICE (@VICE) March 3, 2016
A couple of highlights:
About The Forest's writing of mental health and suicide:
"No. I don't mean to sound flippant; I'm not flippant about the subject matter at all. But I don't feel it's my responsibility. I just do my job. I feel nothing but empathy for people who feel that they've suffered or experienced something in their life that makes them so unhappy they'd contemplate that as a way out.
I visited the real Aokigahara Forest for an afternoon. Those ropes going off into the forest are real. And I understand that the Japanese don't want to promote or draw attention to it because for them, Mount Fuji is so much more than that. It's hundreds of years of incredible history and heritage and a gateway to the spiritual world and this phenomenon that the film deals with is only something that's happened since the 1950s. "
( Collapse )
Read the full interview at SOURCE
Do you think Natalie was taken out of context and unnecessarily vilified for her comments about aegism in Hollwyood, men being as objectified as women and her defense of the Tommen/Margaery scene?
-Apparently there were breakup rumors wrt the Foo Fighters
-They released this parody video to say it's not true
-The two-time Oscar winner did not attend Sunday night’s ceremony, nor did he watch the broadcast
-“It’s always been racism. It’s kind of a reflection of what the country is,” he said.
-“They call my era, the Golden Age of film, but I think the Golden Age of film still exists, but it’s done by the indies, and I think that is what this theatre is for"
-As for his thoughts on what can bring more diversity to Hollywood: “We change when the people that are oppressed force it to change,”
(Skip to 10:24 to hear it straight from Dan Harmon's depressing mouth)
- Says that her first coach, Howie Liang (Kyla's coach) taught her the technique for the Amanar and her current coach, Artur Akopyan helped refine it, but ultimately all the credit is down to her (yes girl). At one point she was training a Yurchenko Double Back when she was 14.
- At the lead-up to the Olympics they had no break.
- Wishes USAG would work on nutrition more.
- The equipment at the post-Olympics gymnastics tour weren't up to competition standards.
- Had a lot of injuries leading up to and after the Olympics.
- Appreciates that her coaches got her to the Olympics but thinks that how they did it wasn't worth the mental/emotional anguish. Says they're the best technical coaches but not really good at the "human" side of coaching, and she understands why, because that's how how Artur and Galina were raised in the Soviet gymnastics system but at the same time knows it wasn't fair of them to put their hangups on her.
- When she wouldn't perform well, or would get tiny, niggling injuries, Artur would withdraw his affection and ignore her, and she sometimes had to reassure him (instead of the other way around) that it would be ok. At one point, Martha Karolyi told him to stop acting like a vampire because he'd just skulk around the back.
- When she would tell them her problems they'd be like, "no it's all in your head, you just need to lose some weight," so she had some disordered eating.
- Wanted to be allowed to smile during competitions, like Simone Biles' coach lets her do.
- Was so mentally, emotionally tired, but was willing to push back and go train for the next Olympics, up until last year when she realised it wasn't worth it anymore.
- Doesn't look at it like retirement, just stepping back.
- Wants to try singing but actually work for it, learn how to write, compose, play instruments, i.e. not do the easy Carly Patterson route.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
sources: Gymcastic, kyla_ross96, Under Armour , USAG FB, USA Gymnastics
McKayla and Kyla grew up together, went to the Olympics together, and now they retired together :(
-Christian Bale said he was disappointed with his performance as Batman in the Dark Knight trilogy and found it hard to compete with Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker.
-"Heath turned up and just kind of completely ruined all my plans, because I went, 'He's so much more interesting than me and what I'm doing.'"
-"I didn't quite manage what I hoped I would through the trilogy. Chris [Nolan] did, but my own sense of self is like, ehhh I didn't quite nail it."
obviously he was just distracted by the lights..some #tbt tdk party post music for you
This beautiful Canadian is also going on a North American tour. OP suggests you see him live because your ears will never be the same again!
Sources: 1 & 2
What are your favorite tracks created by Tiga ONTD?
Meghan Trainor talked with CBS Sunday Morning about her insecurities growing up.
She said that she would hide her body when she'd go on summer vacations with her family.
Meghan's family would insist that she dress accordingly to the weather, but she felt uncomfortable.
She'd wear sweatpants and sweatshirts in 90-degree-weather in Trinidad and Tobago to cover her body.
She looks back at pictures of herself looking sad, and regrets feeling that way at the time.
- While Bale is "looking forward" to the film because the trailers "are looking great"
- Morgan doesn't think it could beat Batman Begins because "the Dark Knight was almost it"
( Collapse )
Sources: UPROXX Twitter & ET YT
ONTD, what did you think of all the drama? Are you here for Tucker/Benson? How about Barba/Benson? Also, no promo this week, because there's a small hiatus. The show will be back on March 23rd :/
UNFFFFFFFFFFF my boo is so gorgeous
- Priyanka Chopra is a highly paid Bollywood actress that now stars in ABC's Quantico
- Spent some of her school years in the United States. Her schoolmates would call her "brownie" and "curry" while also telling her to go back to her own country. It was so frightening for her that she'd eat in the bathroom instead of the cafeteria.
- In 2013, Chopra's song "In My city" became the NFL Thursday Night theme and the league received several emails questioning the identity of the "Arab terrorist"
- She was nervous before making her debut stateside with Quantico, because she didn't know if America was ready for her, and also didn't want to play a stereotype.
- On stereotypes she faced before her debut: "I’m not even Indian-American, I’m Indian-Indian. Everybody expected me to have henna and a nose pin and talk in an accent like Apu from The Simpsons."
- Felt it was too early in her US career to jump into the #OscarsSoWhite debate whereas she clarifies she's much more vocal about her opinions in India.
-Alfred Molina and Christopher Abbott play Fahim Ahmadzai and Ali Massoud Sadiq in Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
-Says that they won the part fair and square even though she initially begged the directors to find Afghan actors. Literally uses the old cliche line, "these were the best people for the role" after they supposedly did a diligent search
Austin Mahone and Sage the Gemini just dropped the clip for their iconic bop Put It On Mey.
( Collapse )
Sources: @AustinMahone, 1, 2.
Biebs and Nick J best watch their backs! #DirtyWork
Last night's ep featured Vanessa Williams humming while pooping, and a truly genius dream sequence/surprise cameo after Ilana gets into trouble at work...
( Collapse )
Essentially an episode discussion post. I was clutching my chest during the dance sequence
-While discussing Eva Amurri’s recent nanny confession on The Talk on Tuesday, March 1, cohost Sharon Osbourne revealed that she caught her husband, Ozzy Osbourne, in bed with two nannies
-explains she had 4 nannies for 3 children because you can't work a nanny 7 days a week and they rotated schedules
-"They were all wanting to be celebrities. They were all wanting money … I caught two of them in bed with Ozzy!”
-she ended up hiring a manny and gives the advice to “Never trust a nanny!”
Would you trust a nanny if you were a celeb, ONTD?
Laura Prepon is promoting her new nutrition and weight management book, The Stash Plan, and is sharing her own experiences with trying to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
When asked what advice she would give young actresses just starting out she said: "It's a tough question for me because I went through all of this, and because I totally understand that girls would go through the thing of torturing themselves with crash diets, and I like injected myself with a bunch of hormones and all these crazy things because I was so desperate to look a certain way - which totally ended up backfiring - but I think honestly, not to sound cliché, but I would really be like, 'Truly embrace who you are. Embrace every curve and embrace everything about yourself.' Because when you look at a show like Orange, all these women are so gorgeous and we all look so vastly different, and our show just celebrates individuality so much, and I would honestly just say like, 'Watch that show and really just be comfortable with who you are and embrace it, because there's only one you.'"
Caitlyn Jenner wants to be Ted Cruz's "trans ambassador" https://t.co/gmlGkgPOiB— Gawker (@Gawker) March 3, 2016
In an interview with the Advocate, Jenner spoke of being Ted Cruz's "Trans advocate" should he get elected, God willing he won't:
Jenner reveals she met Cruz prior to her transition, more than a year ago, “and he was very nice.”
“Wouldn’t it be great, let’s say he goes on to be president,” she tells me in relating a conversation on the tour bus. “And I have all my girls on a trans issues board to advise him on making decisions when it comes to trans issues. Isn’t that a good idea?” she asked me.
“You’re going to be Ted Cruz’s trans ambassador?”
“Yes, trans ambassador to the president of the United States, so we can say, ‘Ted, love what you’re doing but here’s what’s going on.’”
She wasn’t joking.
This isn't going to happen for a number of reasons, chief among them the fact that Ted Cruz does not seem overly fond of transgender people. As Gawker notes, he called the Obama administration's support of transgender students as "lunacy" and described transgender girls using female bathrooms as "trying to force [school districts] to let boys shower with little girls." Cruz went on to suggest that transgender students should not be allowed to use student bathrooms and that schools should instead "inflict" (his actual word) them on teachers by letting them use faculty bathrooms. (For more context and to see the video where he made such statements, go to the second source or click here.
PS: I got curious and wanted to know if Caitlyn made any campaign contributions. I saw none from her, but Kris Jenner did give $2700 to Hillary.
As an update to this post, ABC has announced more renewals - Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, HTGAWM, Agents of SHIELD, The Middle, Black-ish, Modern Family, and some reality shows.
"My favorite accomplishment of my entire life is that everything in my life has changed except for me and Britany. She was my partner in crime at Brownies sleep-away camp, and she was my date to the Grammys. And little did either of us know, that Prince Charming, for Britany, would be the kid that sat next to me in class with the bowl cut and the lego lunchbox."
Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan filmed a SUPER dramatic scene today in Vancouver. She is seen crying and clutching Jamie and it all appears JUST TOO MUCH TO HANDLE.
Fifty Shades Darker and it's follow-up Fifty Shades Freed are set to be filmed back to back.
All the pictures are at the SOURCE
Petra will have twins come blasting out of her on the March 7 ep. Apparently Rafael is late to the hospital so Jane steps in to help Petra instead
Gina had to put her dog down yesterday. :(
eta: sorry if this post gives anyone mood whiplash!
Mass Effect Andromeda has been delayed from its original holiday 2016 release date into Q1 2017, according to EA CFO Blake Jorgensen.
literally no one is surprised by this and tbh i ain't even mad, i'd rather wait for a good game next year than get a bad game this year
Another cultural misstep for Dolce & Gabbana — offering a shoe called "Slave Sandal": https://t.co/FSCydjIGvN— Fashionista.com (@Fashionista_com) March 3, 2016
- Shoe is from Dolce & Gabbana's Spring/Summer 2016 collection.
- Decided to call it the 'Slave Sandal'.
- Currently, their website has the sandal listed as "DECORATIVE FLAT SANDAL" hmm....
- Not the first time they have displayed racist and otherwise questionable behaviour. See: IVF comments, turning black women into accessories and more that I am probably unaware of.
- Fashion industry, particularly these two, continue to be messy.
( Collapse )
I'm not sure when they changed the name, I can't find any articles with that update put in. But as I can see it on their website, 'decorated flat sandal' is the new name. I want to ask why they didn't just call it that in the first place but....then I remember who we are talking about
Naveen Chandwani: From Delhi
( Collapse )
Oscar Isaac will star in director Sam Gold's version of Shakespeare's HAMLET at Theatre For A New Audience. Production is set to begin in the Spring next year in Brooklyn, NY.
Oscar's previous off-broadway performances include WE LIVE HERE, GRACE, ROMEO AND JULIET, BEAUTY OF THE FATHER and TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA.
Currently he is filming STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII, but you will be able to see him in theaters on May 27, 2016 as he will be in the new X-Men movie as Apocalypse.
basically, fans of boyband BANGTAN BOYS(BTS), have been sharing pictures and publicly protesting the bolivian government unless they bring bangtan boys to the country
they are taking pics of them writing names of the boys and the band on ballots
these protests have been causing worry among bolivian citizens as this is a very important constitutional referendum they are fucking with
this has gotten so bad that bolivian news reported on it lmao
Britney for Mario Testino's iconic towel series where you guessed it, he takes pictures of celebrities wearing only a towel as they are at their most free and relaxed. As a sort of bonus ONTD original here are some of your faves feat. their towels
( Collapse )
Jennifer is going back home to her original label Epic Records which is currently fronted by LA Reid.
Serving for the red carpet
( Collapse )
On Kelly Clarkson's emotional performance
( Collapse )
In the film Daniel Radcliffe (the real Radcliffe is not in the movie, this is a lookalike playing Dan) contracts AIDs after an infected child's blood enters open wounds in his mouth. Later in the movie, Radcliffe ends up infecting Trump and they play mock news reports about how Donald Trump has AIDS.
Sony, who greenlit this script for some reason, became incredibly nervous believing that Trump would sue them over the film and they tried to get Sacha Baron Cohen to remove it. The execs were unsuccessful as Sacha Baron Cohen apparently has final cut of the film which hey good move there too Sony.
They ended up reaching a compromise where the film now has a disclaimer in the credits stating that Trump does not have AIDS.
( Collapse )
Source 1, 2 and 3
That AIDS joke... that photoshop job...
Listen to the two best names in indie pop right now come together for a re-release of Desire. The remix had its radio premiere today with the music video coming soon!
(wouldnt embed listen @ the source) https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/29862/years-years-team-tove-lo-new-version-desire/
( Collapse )
George Clooney is on his press tour for Hail, Caesar! and discussed aging as an actor.
--Says he will look too old to be on camera
--Parts for become fewer as actors get older. (He doesn't discuss parts for aging actresses, smdh…)
--Says that directing is his great love.
Do you think he'll run for office?
PROBLEM: The Alice + Olivia jacket she was wearing which retails for almost $1,800.00, was made from super-soft rabbit and blue fox fur.
( Collapse )
A rep for Bella Thorne has since said that the coat was given to her during a photoshoot and she was told that it was not real fur. The rep continued that Bella will no longer wear the jacket, knowing that it's real.
source source source
Rise, Rey Skywalker. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE.
( Collapse )
What are you excited for?
They really like the rainbow theme...I wish they would bring Eternal Darkness back or maybe a sequel that's my fav gamecube game :(
Survivors from the 'Til It Happens To You' performance at the Oscars got the same tattoo as Lady Gaga! pic.twitter.com/P7X9akFJAd— Lady Gaga Facts (@LGMonsterFacts) March 3, 2016
She also continued her support of Kesha today on twitter -
Source 1 and 2
Tonight, the Top 10 performed and faced a double elimination at the end of the episode based off last week's voting. After the Bottom 3 were revealed, each of those contestants performed and the judges saved one.
( Collapse )
A Brighton-based chocolatier has created a 400g ‘Cumberbunny’ which features the 39-year-old Sherlock star’s recognisable face, complete with two bunny ears and placed on a rabbit torso.
Available in white, milk and dark chocolate each 'Cumberbunny' comes complete with an edible 22 carat gold bow-tie and lustre dust.
Chocolatier Jen Lindsey-Clark was also responsible for the life-size statue of the actor made of chocolate last year.
ABC does not give one fuck about your health smh
Exclusive: Amanda Seyfried is dating her The Last Word costar Thomas Sadoski! https://t.co/VCnhug6cvL— Us Weekly (@usweekly) 3. März 2016
- starred together in The Way We Get By on Broadway (May-June 2015) and are now filming a movie
- he split from his wife October 2015
- she split from Justin Long September 2015
Blind Item solved
Full resolution photo here
Saban's Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Amazon Studios are making a period drama called K Troop, about the rise of the Ku Klux Klan after the American Civil War.
- Gordon-Levitt might star in it.
- The title refers to a a special US military division that battled the KKK after the hate group first rose to prominence. The division was led by Major Lewis Merrill, whom Gordon-Levitt would play if he stars in the film.
- No writer is attached to the film yet.
- This deal comes right after the ongoing debate about lack of diversity in Hollywood, Donald Trump's handling of the KKK topic, the KKK rally in Anaheim, California, and The Birth of a Nation became a hit at Sundance Film Festival.
EDIT: I modified this entry to make it less confusing and click-baity. This is my first time posting on ONTD and I was rushing. My bad.