Tzuyu is a Taiwanese member of the Korean girl group "Twice." You may also know her for being voted #11 in that most beautiful people list.
She was recently on a Korean TV show where she introduced herself as Taiwanese and held a Taiwanese flag and doesn't acknowledge Taiwan "being apart of China"
Huang An, a very popular 50ish year old Taiwanese singer who is a Chinese nationalist, took to his Weibo account saying Tzuyu is a Taiwan independent supporter and drags her name through the mud
Chinese netizens are agreeing with him and also dragging her name through the mud
He is also attacking the 3 Japanese members of the group because they are Japanese and is being mad racist
This issue has escalated really quickly in the last 2 days resulting in:
1. Twice recording for the Bei Jing Spring Festival Gala will be edited out
2. Twice was invited to the An Hui Spring Festival Gala, that is now removed
3. Twice CF deal with LG + Huawei has been terminated
4. Kuwo music (China's version of Spotify with over 1 million app downloads) has removed all JYP artists (Wonder Girls, 2PM, etc) songs and music videos
5. Kugou music (Same deal as Kuwo) has removed all of Twice songs and music videos (OP: Apparently a copyright issue)
6. Hunan TV (The channel that a lot of Kpop artists appear on) has voiced they will not be inviting supporters of Taiwan independence to their showsOmona Twitter youtube