are you afraid of clowns ontd? don't be, just turn around & hug the one standing behind you!
'Hamilton's' Historic Chart Debut: By the Numbers http://t.co/c5uZOD0RZ5— billboardbiz (@billboardbiz) October 8, 2015
-Hamilton debuted at #12 on Billboard 200, the highest debut for a cast recording since 1961!
-It's also the biggest sales debut since Rent came out in 1996
-Hamilton also charted at #1 in Cast Albums, #3 in Rap Albums, #5 in Digital Albums, and #9 in Top Album Sales
-Only six shows have been in the Top 20 in the past 50 years - If/Then at #19, The Book of Mormon at #3, Rent at #19, Dreamgirls at #11, and Hair at #1
( Collapse )
UPDATE: Andrew Rannells will stepping in as King George!
Favorite songs off Hamilton? I'm still loving the 1-2 punch of Helpless/Satisfied but I'm starting to find gems that I overlook the first time like One Last Time and Say No To This. Which musicals are you looking forward to seeing? Anyone planning on seeing Allegiance? I'm worry that they'll struggle with finding an audience but I'm hoping the pull of George Takei and Lea Salonga will be enough.
- This Wednesday (10/07), 20th Century Fox released a statement saying they are doing an investigation into Dylan O'Brien's claims that he and other Maze Runner cast and crew stole artifacts from a Pueblo site, adding, "If any artifacts were mishandled or removed from the location, we will do everything to ensure they are restored"
- The petition previously mentioned for an official apology from the cast and crew has reached 47,000 signatures at the time of the article's publication
- Jacqueline Johnson Pata, National Congress of American Indians executive director, is quoted as saying, "It brings to mind for me that our graves that were robbed for the objects that were in them. That kind of desecration and direct continuing today is not deniable or tolerable."
- Although the New Mexican ranch is not home to any Indian burial grounds, it does contain many artifacts dated from the 800s to the 1700s. The ranch owner has stated, "Whether it be a thousand-dollar pot that was found, or a pottery shard ... we consider it all sacred." Though the ranch has been the site of 10 films, the owner will reconsider letting studios shoot there in the future if the stories turn out to be true. So far, the owner has not noticed anything missing, but as stated above, investigations are ongoing.
ontd, have you ever tried to dismiss the importance of allegations of theft from already disenfranchised minority groups such as native americans in an attempt to defend mediocre white actors from shitty mtv shows?
- Tentative filming start date is end of October, will be shot in New York again
- Keanu has been in training for months, studying Jujitsu and Judo mixed with weapons and different styles of weapon training.
- Keanu on the John Wick character: “To me there’s John Wick and then there’s John. You know, John is the married guy whose wife just died, and that five years of his life. Then there’s John Wick, who’s the mythical assassin. In this, John Wick’s past comes and infiltrates John’s life and John Wick, in a way, has to fight for John.”
- Hotel Continental and the 'assassin universe' will be back! "So there’s definitely that influence of the other world, the Continental world — the look, the feel, what is it about the movie, what made people like it — is definitely being payed attention to and the world opens up in this chapter."
sources: 1 2
So Stephenie Meyer, as we all know, released a gender-bent version of Twilight called "Life and Death" introducing Beau Swan and Edythe Cullen on Tuesday to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Twilight's release. MTV decided that, although a movie is unlikely, they should fancast one anyway. Here's 5 of their choices which I thought were the most illogical/clichéd/over-optimistic.
MTV had their own reasoning for why the actors got picked but we can't copy/paste directly so instead, take the descriptions from the book.
( Collapse )
This book was truly a wild ride from start to finish tbh.
The other fancast choices were Matt Bomer as Esme/Earnest Cullen, Dylan O'Brian as Alice/Archie Cullen, Willa Holland as Jasper/Jessamine Cullen, and Alanna Saunders as Jacob/Jullie "Jules" Black.
+ Scott Lang will return alongside Hope Van Dyne on July 6, 2018 with Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp.” The sequel will mark the first Marvel Studios film named after its heroine.
+ Marvel’s “Black Panther” moving up to February 16, 2018
+ Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” landing on March 8, 2019.
+ Three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020.
( Collapse )
When asked if he is more into “boys or girls,” DiMarco simply responded "fluid," which makes him fall under the wide LGBTQ spectrum. He even added a link to an Everyday Feminism article about fluid sexuality, to clarify any ambiguity.
( Collapse )
Burns – Make It Clap
(who? = Cute Brit who is part of Calvin Harris’ entourage but also makes music & spins in Las Vegas on the occasion)
( Collapse )
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
This post brought to you by: Nothing to do at work today.
Please share any of your fav dance tunes new/old!
Harry spends the video on his phone.
Liam is cute with props
Louis looks like a drowned rat
Harry is good at Ping Pong, Forrest Gump who?!
Niall pokes Liam in the ass with a golf club. #niamisreal
Favs are below the cut.
Season 3 will be avaliable on Netflix October 23!
so ready for this mess idc
-One of the women (who didn't receive said text) texted Vic asking him what's this all about and he answered "exactly what it reads"
-Vic told the woman that he and his fiancee Elaina were broken up but were just keeping up appearances
-He also said that some of what was written was real and some was fake
-The two never met; she's from Texas, got in contact with Vic after her DM'ed her on IG a few months back. He'd always ask her to send something "sexy"
-Vic's rep declined to comment
The song is called "Hey Everybody", an anthem for y'all, listen to it here.
“A lot of my fans are girls, so it can cause problems, obviously. Sometimes I’ll ask Francesca to stay in the people carrier when a crowd comes around. From her perspective she’s thinking, ‘Why am I a secret? Why are you putting me in a car?’ And I say, ‘You can come and stand with me if you want’, but if someone comes up and asks for a picture and says, ‘Olly I really fancy you, you should dump your girlfriend. You should get rid of her and go out with me’. It’s not nice.”
They split a few weeks ago and he is sad cause he planned a future with her, but the tension caused them to split.
have you ever caused someone to break up, ontd?
The always problematic Urban Outfitters strikes again. The parent company, URBN, sent out a private email asking for salaried employee volunteers to participate in a 'team-building activity'!! aka packing and preparing packages for shipment at a fulfillment warehouse..
Part of the email reads: [Spoiler (click to open)]
“URBN is seeking weekend volunteers to help out at our fulfillment center in Gap, PA. October will be the busiest month yet for the center, and we need additional helping hands to ensure the timely shipment of orders. As a volunteer, you will work side by side with your GFC colleagues to help pick, pack and ship orders for our wholesale and direct customers.”
Who: Home Office URBN salaried employees
Where: URBN’s Fulfilment Center - 766 Brackbill Road, Gap, Pennsylvania 17527
What You’ll Be Doing: Pick, pack and prepare packages for shipment (please wear sneakers and comfortable clothing)
When: October 17, 18, 24, 25, and 31 Lunch will be provided
Two shifts each day: 9:00 AM – 3:00PM or 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
(you can volunteer for one or multiple days)
Transportation: If needed, URBN will provide transportation to and from GFC (details provided after sign up)
I have never had a salaried job & everyone I know that has one gets taken advantage of tbh. Corporate America remains the worst.
- On Tuesday, she posted a photo wearing a Cecil The Lion costume
- Before she changed the caption, it said - Help! Can’t decide on my Halloween costume this year! What do you guys think of this cecil the lion costume? @yandy #thanksyandy #halloweencostume.
( Collapse )
Sources: Buzzfeed & Instagram
-After months of radio silence, AMC has renewed Halt and Catch Fire!
-Will follow the gang as they migrate to California and Silicon Valley
-Co-creators Christopher Rogers and Christopher Cantwell have been upped to showrunner status so they have "complete control" (will Joe have a bf!?!?)
-Filming will probably be in January and will air summer of 2016
( Collapse )
What kind of miracle???? Ya'll better be watching.
Michael said it for Taylor Swift (he has a crush on her), Luke said it for Selena Gomez (another crush), they all said it for Rihanna, Janet and Madonna, and then silence for Lauren from Fifth Harmony.
Calum and Michael then realized what happened/what the game was, and said they felt bad and the game sucked, with the game making Calum feel awkward.
In case you're unaware, 5H stans have been bullying 5 SOS & their fans online for the past year, which may explain why they all went silent.
( Collapse )
5 SOS have been adamant for years about trying to help their fans stop cutting/with depression, they've actively reached out to the fans for this and then 5H fans were telling them to cut deeper/trending it on social media and all this shit, which naturally pissed off 5SOS.
Alexievich was awarded the prize "for her polyphonic writings, a monument to suffering and courage in our time."
She is only the 14th woman to win the prize.
What are you reading, ONTD?
-Glamour neither has confirmed nor denied reports; the honorees will be official revealed on November 3
-The magazine has already photographed Caitlyn in a top secret shoot
Rihta Ora who? On the rise pop sensation and Taylor Swift™ #BadBloodSquadMember, Hailee Seinfeld, made her first live network television performance on The Tonight Show with
ONTD, do you love yourself?
Avengers: Infinity War Parts 1 And 2 Have A Budget Of One Billion Dollars http://t.co/1x11SHoeU3— Bleeding Cool Film (@bcoolfilm) October 8, 2015
- Production budget for both movies, which will be shot at the same time but released a year apart, rumored to be $1 billion
- Report suggests costs just for screenwriters, directors, producers and main actors will be $400 million.
- RDJ alone would receive half of the actor budget.
When another precinct shoots an unarmed black man, an eruption of racial tensions affects the NYPD's duties. As demands for justice become louder and more forceful, Barba faces pressure to indict three officers who claim they are not responsible, as they only followed the department's standard procedure.
Are you ready for this mess of an episode ONTD?
Also, Barba was back this episode and I almost faint seeing him take charge in the courtroom. YAASS Papi.
Noah Bennet (Jack Coleman) and Quentin (Henry Zebrowski) take on Renautas while Miko's plan to retrieve her sword may land her in trouble. Malina's (Danika Yarosh) journey bring her closer to the truth. Elsewhere, Luke (Zachary Levi) returns home to confront his past and the authorities close in on Tommy (Robbie Kay). Meanwhile, Carlos (Ryan Guzman) may have found an unexpected ally and Erica (Rya Khilstedt) solidifies her plans.
this dumbass show
basically, a role meant for an indian man and korean-american woman were played by a british-black actor and blonde american woman
source: variety and kumbiashow twitter
Greg Hardy, who was suspended after being accused of violently abusing his then-girlfriend recently returned to the Dallas Cowboys and during his first meeting with the media he was basically trash, complete with sexist comments about Gisele Bündchen.
( Collapse )
This is really worth watching. It's concise yet so damn accurate. Some of my favorite parts include:
"Greg Hardy had to pretend to respect women for 12 minutes -- just 12 minutes -- and he couldn't even do that. And what's worse: No one stopped him. They let him go on about girlfriends and guns, and posted video of it on DallasCowboys.com, because who fucking cares, right?" and “What matters to you? Seriously, what matters to you? Because expecting a garbage human who has been punished for being garbage, to come back from his suspension and not immediately resume being garbage is the asking bare minimum.”
Of course, she's been getting a ton of hate from the dudebros of Twitter (most of which is sexist and gross and only further proves her points), but she's also gotten a lot of support as well, specifically from other male sports writers/reporters which is great. I hope this catches and gets a lot more publicity.
( Collapse )
SOURCE & my own paraphrasing
- Steve's widow Laurene Powell Jobs tried to kill the movie and personally called Leo DiCaprio and Christian Bale and asked them not to star in it
- Sorkin was really angry about the Sony-hack, calls the press terrorists for reporting about it
- Fincher hates Amy Pascal, they clashed over the high TSN & TGWTDT budgets
- Fincher wanted a $10million salary plus $45million more than Sony was willing to pay for the budget
- even without Fincher Sony was struggling with the budget
- Megan Ellison also passed on producing it
- Rudin shopped the movie to Universal, Amy Pascal tried to get it back but it was too late > "Why are u punishing me"
- Apple refuses to license old commercials for the movie
- random Alicia Vikander mention
twitter | THR
Help me quit this, you guys! Does this show really expect me to believe Mellie would rather be in a lie of a marriage for over a year than get her list of actually WORTHY demands towards Presidency? Her wig was looking cute this week, though.
ONTD, have you ever had an affair that took a turn?
The Good Dinosaur: November 25, 2015
Finding Dory: June 17, 2016
Cars 3: June 16, 2017
Coco: November 22, 2017
Toy Story 4: June 15, 2018
The Incredibles 2: June 21, 2019
Last month, I. Marlene King, aka in real life -A, tweeted that the girls were filming a new intro and that all of them would get a turn to SHHH this time. Today, E! released a behind the scenes video of the girls filming said intro, which in fact includes all of them doing the SHHH bit, and they also released the actual opening that shows Canadian Princess Shay Mitchell doing the SHHH at the end.
Because of the way Marlene's tweet was worded, and also because of the BTS video, rumor has it that they will be alternating between the girls doing the SHHH sign every week.
You can watch the BTS video H E R E and the complete opening H E R E
sources: 1, 2, 3, 4 + my words
I really enjoyed the Keating 5 this episode
- Not ready to be slayed with some epic new age bops? Enya dgaf
- The eternal deity Enyus has been ultra cryptic on social media about her upcoming album, apparently called "Dark Sky Island"
- Has already released snippets for 2 new songs, including the below "Echoes in Rain", which
I legit thought she was retired and would never make another record. We are not worthy.
Injuries plague the Blue Jays and end up taking two huge pieces of their offense out of the game, and David Price's postseason woes continue as he is now 0-6 in postseason career. Despite showing some strong signs of fighting back, the Jays couldn't ride the hometown crowd's energy to victory Thursday afternoon.
Rain delay interrupted the Astros-Royals game, but it didn't seem to change much. Royals stayed in it but never had the lead after going down early.
It's way early but not a single home team has won a game so far in the postseason. Away teams are doing a great job neutralizing the fans.
I know there are a fair number of Jays fans here, sorry guys :(
eizagonzalez: Wtf is this??? AAAJAJAJAJJAJAJJ!!!! Es broma?? #donaldtrump he kept repeating I've never met her before this isn't prepared. 😂😂 y continuo diciendo cuanto los latinos lo queremos y viceversa. Que circo de verdad 👎👎 I can't even believe his speech. He continued to say how they photoshopped his nose on the cover of a magazine....On his campaign rally!?! 😂😂😂 what a joke! #LosLatinosTeOdianAmigo #PobreWey also why is he feeling her?? 😂😂😂😂
source: eiza's ig
how much do you think he paid her, ontd? poor woman