Game Of Thrones's Natalie Dormer: men are as objectified as women on TV http://t.co/x4uKWUDh62— The Guardian (@guardian) August 11, 2015
- speaks from personal experience that men are objectified as much as women
- uses Aidan Turner in Poldark as an example
- regarding criticism on GoT, she thinks sex and romance is huge part of human motivation; doesn't have any problem with it as long as it's informing the story
- says GoT is "quite good in that way."
- "The violence is quite naturalistic. It’s not hyper-stylised. It’s not glamorised. And the sex is quite real and dirty as well. It’s about those raw, visceral qualities of human life that make good drama."
If you remember this ONTD Original, people questioned the validity of the Kardashian Klan's love of promoting teeth whiteners and ass cream without explicitly telling their followers that they're getting paid to do so.
Well the FDA felt Kim crossed the line when she gave a shoutout for a prescription drug used to relieve her pregnancy nausea.
Their beef is that she failed to mention the side effects of Diclegis which include drowsiness and mental impairments when coupled with alcohol. It's also not meant for women who have issues with prolonged vomiting that induces dehydration. A warning letter was sent to Diclegis's maker - the second of its kind in two years.
Kim's removed the posts as of now - we'll see if the rest of the family learns their lesson.
-BET previously announced they were going to bring back BET Uncut
-Announcement was instead a ruse to promote their new show, BET Punked
-BET Uncut is never coming back
-Pasquale Rotella, husband of Holly Madison and founder of EDM tour promotion company Insomniac Events, released a statement following the deaths of two young women at HARD Summer.
-HARD Summer took place on county-owned property, and Los Angeles County officials would like to ban raves and other big music festivals from taking place on county-owned property.
-LA County officials think that music festivals aren't doing enough to ensure the safety of rave-goers, and they've already voted to review whether or not to ban raves on county property.
-Rotella, who makes money from raves, believes that banning raves isn't the answer and that more should be done to educate people on the health impact of drug abuse.
( Collapse )
Sources: Twitter + Instagram
Do you think raves should be banned?
"...Knowing she had no authority, Judge Gesmer seized my children and their U.S. passports, and forced them to leave the United States and reside in Monaco, a country where neither they nor I, nor even their father, has citizenship," she continued. "The children's father didn't care enough about his children to be here himself. Contrary to his many false claims, he, like all German citizens, can come to this country anytime on his German passport. But he didn't bother." (He can't because you lied and had him declared a terrorist and got his passport revoked you asshole)
"I did my best to comfort the children, but there are no words to help children understand why a judge would be so cruel," she stated. "We asked the State Department for help, but they claimed there was nothing any federal official could do. That response was curious given that non-citizen children receive help from the U.S. government all the time to ensure that they are not forced to leave the United States ... The State Department claimed it had no role, and there was nothing it could do to protect the illegal removal of American children from their own country, even when they were being forced to live in a nation where neither the children nor either parent has citizenship."
After some more rambling about how them being American and only American and needing to live in America she went on to accuse her ex of being a liar.
( Collapse )
Source: ABC 7 NY (You can read the full statement here... it's pretty long)
On being heavily sexualized in Hollywood:
"Welcome to being an actress under a certain age in the industry. [she laughs] But, you know, there are sensitive men in the industry as well – writers, directors, producers. It’s not just men against women. David Benioff and Dan Weiss are liberal-minded Americans who believe in equality. And we’re all serving the story.”
( Collapse )
this is a seperate interview that hasn't been posted mods and fixed the source
The epic storytelling of Disney's "The Lion King" continues with "The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar," a primetime television movie event premiering in November on Disney Channel. The movie follows Kion, the second-born cub of Simba and Nala, as he assumes the role of leader of the Lion Guard, a team of animals tasked with preserving the Pride Lands. The movie is a precursor to "The Lion Guard" television series, premiering in early 2016 on Disney Channels and Disney Junior channels around the globe.
James Earl Jones and Ernie Sabella reprise their roles from "The Lion King" as Mufasa and Pumbaa, respectively, alongside Rob Lowe ("The Grinder") as Simba and Gabrielle Union ("Being Mary Jane") as Nala. Max Charles ("The Strain") stars as Kion.
Legions of Kylie Jenner admirers, and presumably her boyfriend Tyga, will be delighted that Kylie is now 18. The arrival of this milestone must give the father-of-one some relief: he can at last say that he has a girlfrien who can legally consent in
the state of California. Although she can now vote, buy cigarettes, and date her 25-year-old rapper boyfriend without fear of SVU-like investigation, a new age does not wipe away the last two years of her life and what it all represents.
First of all, it will never not be disgraceful how much of the media chronicled the relationship of a teenage girl with an adult male. There was a cutesy quality to the manner in which Kylie and Tyga’s relationship was chronicled. There is nothing endearing about a grown man dating a child, no matter how that child presents herself to the public.( Collapse )
Read the full (very smart) article at the source
- When asked about her sexuality says "Google me, I'm not hiding"
- However, is NOT coming out. “If you feel like you really want to define yourself, and you have the ability to articulate those parameters and that in itself defines you, then do it. But I am an actress, man. I live in the fucking ambiguity of this life and I love it. I don’t feel like it would be true for me to be like, ‘I’m coming out!’ No, I do a job. Until I decide that I’m starting a foundation or that I have some perspective or opinion that other people should be receiving…I don’t. I’m just a kid making movies.”
-“I think in three or four years, there are going to be a whole lot more people who don’t think it’s necessary to figure out if you’re gay or straight. It’s like, just do your thing.”
more @ SOURCE
So how was lunch, ONTD? Any gross food stories?
- August 9 was the 70th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki
- Disney Japan tweeted that day saying the equivalent of its "Alice in Wonderland" line, "A very merry unbirthday to you," which in Japanese is "なんでもない日おめでとう" [roughly: congratulations on an unnotable day]
- Japanese netizens were understandably outraged
- Disney later took down the tweet and apologized saying they would take greater care with the account in the future
Written by John McNamara, directed by Jay Roach, and starring Bryan Cranston, Helen Mirren, Diane Lane, John Goodman, Elle Fanning, and Louis C.K.
Trumbo will premiere at TIFF in September, with an official release date of November 6, 2015.
Khloe Kardashian -- Ambushed by Lamar at SoulCycle (PHOTO) http://t.co/aidZuFU33P— TMZ (@TMZ) August 12, 2015
- happened this morning around 7 am
- he came out of nowhere and started yelling at her
- an onlooker asked khloe if they should call the cops; lamar responded that nobody was going to call the cops on LAMAR ODOM
- khloe screamed at him to stop and to get away from her & didnt understand how he knew exactly where she was
- she drove away
- Movie is about an ex-wife (Heigl) who terrorizes her ex's new wife (Dawson)
- Amma Asante was originally attached to direct but she dropped out and now producer Denise Di Novi is taking over
- Movie starts shooting August 17th
Upgrade or downgrade?
I Saw the Light opens in limited theaters on November 27 before expanding wide.
I was thinking of Hank Hill tbh
The Coalition government debated for six hours last night on allowing members of the party to have a conscience vote for same sex marriage.
It was voted down. Sixty to thirty.
AKA basically bigoted old white cishet men who continuously abuse the public purse voted against the general feeling of the Australian public of whom 70% are in support of same sex marriage
- Days before Fantastic Four opened, director Josh Trank sent an email to some members of the cast and crew to say he was proud of the film, which, he wrote, was "better than 99 percent of the comic-book movies ever made."
"I don't think so," responded one castmember.
- article highlights the multiple issues on set, from trank's dogs shitting up the hotel to the numerous, messy reshoots
- says that the studio and the director are both to blame
SOURCE has a lot more, thanks to idontwannago55 for linking it in the roundup.
-On Donald Trump: "We've had characters like Trump in American politics forever, characters who trade on xenophobia. I don't have to remind you of the "Irish Need Not Apply" signs at the end of the 19th century. This happens in waves, and I'm trying to take the long view and not make Trump a part of my life; it's bad enough we have to endure his ugly buildings."
-People at Universal were afraid they didn't have a big enough Latino star to bankroll In The Heights movie, were concerned about it not performing well internationally.
-Still into the idea of a Hamilton movie, but will demand that the diversity he has on stage remains the same on film.
Source has a lot more interesting/intelligent stuff about his views on Hamilton and representation in theater/film.
- The tv show will be written by Steve Mitchell and Craig Van Sickle.
- It's still on development, so not much is known about the plot.
let's see what the white people on facebook have to say
you can see the full pic at the source
goodbye tour. goodbye america. goodbye world.— CHARLI XCX (@charli_xcx) August 13, 2015
- someone is leaking screencaps of Christine's private Instagram to etonline
- Christine shows off her brand new Lexus, starting price $43k
- she's still staying at the pricey Hotel Bel-Air
( Collapse )
Source: 1 2
Alison and Toby were not teenagers in the flashback. We decided the actors should play them because flash backs are an interpretive memory.— I. Marlene King (@imarleneking) August 12, 2015
Keegan also played Toby in juvie and he looked 25 while playing a teenager. It's what we do to visually show you memories.— I. Marlene King (@imarleneking) August 12, 2015
( Collapse )
really I just wanted an excuse to complain about the finale some more and how terrible these writers are.
After Directioners lost Billboard's #FanArmyFaceOff poll to T-ARA's Queens, they've been fighting for a few days now and other k-pop stans have joined in. Directioners e-mailed Billboard because according to them, T-ARA fans were hacking and buying votes (????) and k-pop stans trended #DirectionersFuneral today.
Of course some fans started making racist tweets:
new receipt 💅 pic.twitter.com/xftXtmIPfi— ♛ receipts ♛ (@kpopreceipts) August 12, 2015
( Collapse )
source: twitter + MTVMusicUK + kpopreceipts
The final battle now is between T-ARA's Queens and the Beyhive btw, you can vote here
Dedicated to María, who doesn't know how to make posts
Do you fight people and defend your faves on twitter, ONTD?
53rd New York Film Festival - NYFF starts on September 25 and ends on October 11
The 2015 Main Slate will host four World Premieres:
- Steven Spielberg’s Bridge of Spies, starring Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance in the Cold War story of the 1962 exchange of a U-2 pilot for a Soviet agent;
- Laura Israel’s Don’t Blink: Robert Frank, a documentary portrait of the great photographer and filmmaker;
- Opening Night: The Walk
- Closing Night: Miles Ahead (first movie directed by Don Cheadle)
Cannes-winner movies will also be shown:
- Best Director Hou Hsiao-hsien’s The Assassin;
- Todd Haynes’s Carol, starring Best Actress winner Rooney Mara; yaaaaassss
- Stéphane Brizé’s The Measure of a Man, starring Best Actor winner Vincent Lindon;
- Jury Prize winner The Lobster;
- Un Certain Regard Best Director Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s Journey to the Shore;
- Un Certain Talent Prize winner Corneliu Porumboiu’s The Treasure.
Full list at the SOURCE
“I’m very glad to have those Oscars. They’re lovely things. But you shouldn’t ask me what the best film of the year was because I wouldn’t be voting for "Crash", only because I saw the artistry that was in the other films,”
( Collapse )
Have you played "Demi Lovato: Path to Fame" yet? What are your thoughts on it?
Not my type of movie, but this was filmed locally so I'm excited about it. Patrick Wilson's family is also from Big Stone Gap. Sadly I didn't get to go down there to see any filming.
The singer went on a posting frenzy on her Instagram page (including one particularly steamy picture), culminating in what looks to be a mood board for her upcoming era.
"Just so you know with me, it's all real, all the time. Felt like it was time to start sharing some personal stuff with you guys... And it's just the beginning. Night night. X"
( Collapse )
Until next time...
Sources 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Season 2 of The Leftovers premieres Sunday, October 4 at 9 on HBO.
Who will be watching season 2 w/ me? Anyone?
On A$AP Rocky's demeaning lyrics on his single, "Better Things" : "I love what he does, I like how, you know, he looks dope, whatever. But for me, it's not about me. It's about what people think they can get away with about speaking about women. I’m not looking at it like, ‘You’re upsetting me,' cos I don’t actually give a shit, I really don't care what you got to say. I got all this going on, like I got stuff going on in my own life. I got my own career to think about. Like you and me both know I care about my business more than anything. So, I actually don't care, you know what I'm saying? But I think about it, and I'm like, 'I don’t want people to think it’s OK to speak about women like that."
Interviewer later lets Rita know that A$AP Rocky said his words were "tasteless."
"Oh he did? Oh I didn't pay no mind. I didn't look. That's nice. Still said it though, but that's nice. You want to apologize, you know where to find me"
Says is a fan of Chris Brown's "music" and nothing more. Feels his vocal tone just "fit" the record [Body on Me].
The video for "Body on Me" premieres on August 21st!
Is currently single. After her breakup with Calvin, she took a year off from recording because she felt the album would be "rubbish."
#R2 is tentatively to be released around Christimas of this year.
Rita has a lapse in judgement, says Ed Sheeran is "so cute" and has some "game." They have a song on the album called "Us."
Filming for "Fifty Shades Darker" starts soon where she will reprise her iconic role in Mia.
Check out the rest of the interview above!
Are you ready to accept Rita Ora as your Pop savior ONTD? Don't fight it tbh.
Sources: One | Two
-He will play a version of the character Travolta played in the movie.
-In this adaptation, Kyle is a mexican rodeo circuit rider forced to flee his country by a cartel.
- at 15 she was wearing size 32F (she's only 5'1)
- Award shows were tough because she was very aware of the "she's dressing age-appropriate" comments
- She had a lot of back and neck problems
- Her screen mom Julie Bowen has been very supportive
- She has no contact to her biological mother
- After surgery she's a 34D now
Subtitles available in Youtube settings
Capcom’s producer for the title, Yoshiaki Hirabyashi a.k.a. H, from R&D Division 1, announces a Resident Evil 2 remake. In the same video he refers to the Resident Evil 0 HD remaster, so it's likely that the difference in the choice of words means this will be a complete remake, rather than an update. Not much is known so far as Capcom has only just announced the title, but they promise to keep fans updated.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 2 3
leon, james, or cloud? which blonde reigns supreme ontd?
-inspired by one his many ugly tattoos, a fish
-"It opens with notes of lemon, spices and green grass,” according to fragrantica.com. “The heart mixes marine accord white lavender. The composition ends with vetiver, leather and woody notes.”
-no release date as of yet
could not be more zlatan if he tried
Right mixers I love you n'all but 'MOM' really?! Can't I be the cool Aunty or sister? I'm not sure about this MOM situation! Lmao! Perrie <3— Little Mix (@LittleMix) August 12, 2015
I don't get 'mom' what does it even meannnnn?! 🙈😂 I can't cope with this fandom you lot make me laugh so much! Perrie ❤️❤️❤️— Little Mix (@LittleMix) August 12, 2015
source: little mix twitter
why is it a thing?
ONTD, do you call your faves "mom" and "dad"?