May 8th, 2015
If you're saying this near-flawless performance is lipped then you need some Q-tips.
This is different than the last promo. The first one was mostly flashbacks from earlier seasons, this one is more about the upcoming episode.
-teaches you vocal exercises
-discusses being a single mother
-rides a pink Thunderbird
-hopes you enjoy!
she's having fun!
-after their social media fight, Louis is planning to write a diss song for Zayn
-Louis is taking Zayn's departure the hardest out of all One Direction members
-fans have already chosen sides: Louis seems to be the clear winner here
I love to play strippers and to imitate them. I love using that idea for comedy, but the idea of actually going there? I feel like we all need to be better than that. That industry needs to die, by all of us being a little bit better than that.
—Tina Fey, Vanity Fair (2008)
Jessica Alba was featured on the cover of More magazine‘s May 2015 issue. Some stuff she shared:
On her management skills: “Sometimes I’m a little more iron fist than velvet glove. I’m straight to the point. I’ve made people cry. I have to say, ‘This isn’t personal. This is what needs to get done, and it’s just as simple as that. And … we’re not crying anymore.’ I’m learning to tone myself down.”
On being a female business leader: “My [business] partners are men. Whenever I say something that’s kind of against their intuition, they go back and talk to their wives. And then their wives usually agree with me. So that’s how we get stuff done over here.”
On owning who she is and not apologizing for who she dreams of being: “If you don’t know those things, you can float. And when you float, someone can come in and push you out of the way. Maybe this is just the first step, but I feel like at least I am in the right place at the right time for me.”
( Collapse )
Juliet Simms, who came in second place on the second season of NYC's The Voice (and who should've won), recently released a solo EP, All or Nothing, that she crowd funded. Yesterday she released a video for the ballad "End of the World" featuring her boyfriend Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides.
Text by me, mods. The song is nice but the video is tragic lol. It's so Evanescence. Her EP isn't bad though, All or Nothing and Mystified are both great songs.
What's your favorite runner up on a singing show, ontd?
Lindsay Lohan -- I Did My Community Service from Home! http://t.co/pkWQnpmgND— TMZ (@TMZ) May 8, 2015
- Lohan needed to complete 125 hours community service by May 28
- thus far, she has completed 9 hours and 45 minutes
- a portion of those hours were work she did from home (aka, her assistant totally did it)
- she blames her lack of hours on the long commute time to the community services center, and the $76/hour price of a car to drive her there
- she suggested her attorney ask for her commute time to be included in her community service
- her attorney is requesting she be allowed to finish her community service in Brooklyn
- The judge says, "If Lindsay does not get this done by May 28th there will be consequences." 😂😂😂
- Authorities do not expect Lindsay to complete her sentence by the deadline
- Elizabeth Arden and Coty both reported falling sales on their celebrity fragrance lines.
- This includes Lady Gaga, Beyoncé and Britney.
- Designer fragrances on the other hand are still doing well.
What is your favorite perfume/cologne?
( Collapse )
P.s. Yes, old people of ONTD--that shirt is from the 80s/90s. Didn't realize it until you guys pointed it out(I looked it up).
It was a period in time where all i wanted to do was read about different dictators across the world. The way that one man could control so many brains always intrigued me. This opened a door to a lot of things, one of them being the Nazi regime during the 40s. Soaking my brain with as much info as i could on the subject, i pondered to myself if there was anyone still pushing this Nazi propaganda during these days? That is when i came across Neo-Nazis, The Ku Klux Klan and The White Nationalist Community. To make it simple, its just a group of Caucasians who take pride in being white. Nothing wrong with that correct? But the weird thing is that its primarily supported by White Supremacist organizations.( KKK, Aryan Nation, Etc) Now it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that these guys aren’t fans of Blacks, Gays, Asians or anything else that doesn’t fit in “white” box.Now having the thought process that i have, i asked myself some questions: What if a black guy wore this logo on a shirt? Would he be promoting self hate? Would he be taking the power out of a shape? What if a gay guy wore this on a shirt? Would he promoting Homophobia? Then BAM! I Had it. Throw a little rainbow in the logo ( i still wonder, who was the guy that said a rainbow is the gay symbol? thats another article stay tuned) and take a photo with a white guy in it and we have an amazing photo. The thing that tops it off is the homo erotic tone of the hand holding, which to some degree HAS to piss off the guys who takes this logo serious. This made the photo even more important to me, because it was me playing with the idea of taking the power out of something so stupid. Or maybe my whole idea on this is stupid. Who knows, but why not try it out? Also, ever since my career started, ive been labeled as a homophobe, simply because of my use of the word faggot. Again, trying to take the power out of something, I WAS NEVER REFERRING TO SOMEONES SEXUAL PREFERENCE WHEN USING THAT WORD. I mean, i’m legit one of the least homophobic guys to walk this earth but, most people just read the surface. But maybe someone will see this photo and say “ hey, he’s just mocking gays” or “ this has a negative undertone to it, he is still pushing this homophobic whatever the fuck it is”. What ever it is, i just wanted to give you guys some background info on the design before you purchase the shirt. You should know what you are wearing. be safe, love. RACISM FUCKING SUCKS golfwang.com - Tyler
After Tom Hardy explained why he quite Suicide Squad and stated that he wanted to play Marvel's Punisher, he revealed that he's working with DC on a new project. He was vague in discussing which DC property the project is based on, but he said, "“It’s really good actually, it contains elements of all kinds of stuff. From Ocean’s Eleven, to Batman, you can get all the wrappers out and it would be a big, really cool, Technicolor, Pulp Fiction…It’s a psychological f*ckfest, it’s absolutely awesome. It’s as if you would take Transmetropolitan and make it happen, but it’s not that out there it’s something which is much more real world. It could be like Heat, it could be f*cking awesome.”
Then he also said, "It’s PRIME real estate which is sitting there right under everybody’s nose that no one’s really thought about yet and it goes TV and movie, it’s awesome. I can’t believe that nobody has even — I know they thought of it but no one has actually blown life into it yet.”
source: uprox, ign
Edit: Tom Hardy said "It's not even a movie" - so a tv show??
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Tell me about your mom's ONTD! Astrologically or otherwise, and how she works you over! =) (Oh, and everyone feel free to download the Kardashian blocker app now, I'm done.)
Source for celeb birth charts
My astrology tumblr
Astrology tag has my past posts!
While checking my YouTube subs this afternoon I noticed one of my favorite channels updated with a tutorial for the new Harley Quinn, and at the end of the video was a surprise regarding the Harley "outtake" that went viral. This image is actually a well-done combination of cos-play and photoshop by the wonderfully talented makeup artist Mykie of Glam & Gore and her boyfriend Chase!
Skip to 6:00 for the truth.
And Mykie uploaded a proper photo to her instagram:
Source: Me and Glam & Gore's YouTube!
**Mods this was NOT posted! The original image was but not the video (which JUST came out) that explains where and how the picture came out. This is new info!
-Talks about "Lonely Town" and how "creepy" the lyrics are.
-His songwriting process.
-40-50 demo's exist for The Desired Effect
-Can't pick his favorite song, it changes every day.
-On working with Jimmy Kimmel on The Killers Christmas song. Say Jimmy wrote the entire lyrics.
-Band member Ronnie's work on the Desired Effect's "Untangled Love."
He considers these his favorite songs - at the moment - in no particular order...
( Collapse )
What is your Top Ten, ONTD?
Sources: One | Two
If you're a Lana stan, you know that the fandom has become fed up with Lana's tendency to do short live shows with similar (boring) setlists. However, looks like Lana is reinventing herself a bit! Despite a back catalog of over 200 unreleased songs, Lana has pretty much ignored them until now. To kick off her Endless Summer Tour w/Courtney Love, Lana performed SERIAL KILLER and US AGAINST THE WORLD as well as a mini-cover of WHY DON'T YOU DO RIGHT for the first time EVER in Houston, TX.
( Collapse )( Collapse )
- "Her face was the color of a Malibu sunset, her teeth as white and opaque as Michelangelo’s “David.” but her hands are as white as her teeth
- Hosts a meeting with Lance Bass, Robin Antin, and a producer from the Bachelor, implying that she is shopping around a boy/girl band reality competition show.
- Author argues that they are no longer famous for being famous, but that they’re famous for the industry that they’ve created
- Lists their empire (the collections, the books, the stores, etc.) "The thing is, no one in her family knew what they were doing until Kris took charge."
- Kris met Robert Kardashian when she was 17 and he was 11 years her senior (which may speak to why she clearly gives no fucks about Kylie and Tyga)
- When she and Bruce got married they were broke, so she took the reins of his career and got him on the motivational speaking curcuit.
- Pitches Ryan Seacrest on her family in 2007. "“On the way home,” Seacrest told me, the producer called and said: “ ‘We have a show. This is going to be amazing.’ Watch the tape, and you know, you see the craziness that is their family.”"
- A producer re: Kim's sex tape: "As a parent, Ms. Kardashian’s mother, Kris Jenner, was concerned for her daughter, she explains. But as her manager, she thought, well, hot-diggity.”
- Re their endless ventures and endorsements: “It doesn’t mean that we’re always looking for more or that we’re greedy,” Kris said. “There’s a lot of people that have great ideas and dreams and whatnot, but unless you’re willing to work really, really hard, and work for what you want, it’s never going to happen. And that’s what’s so great about the girls. It’s all about their work ethic.” (lol okay Kris)
- "Featured prominently in the foyer is a painting that Michael Turchin made for Kris. It’s a collage of magazine covers of Kris and her family, covered by a painting of Snow White eating the poisoned apple. Kris is not afraid of your interpretations.”
- Kris fucking loves Costco and will go there on her own rather than send an assistant “Costco is a passion. Costco is like a massage.”
- When they’re silent on Bruce, they aren’t protecting him from the judgments of a cruel world; they are protecting Bruce’s exclusive. “I learned a lot from her,” Bruce said about his marriage to Kris, during the ABC interview. And so he did: He didn’t reveal how he looks dressed in women’s clothing in the interview or what his new name is. You’ll have to tune in to his show to see that. In the Kris Jenner playbook, you don’t give anything away.
Photo: Tyga Performing at Kendall Jenner's Sweet 16
- Tyga's 70 year old grandmother loves Kylie.
- Says Kylie is much better for Tyga than Blac.
- Kylie loves Vietnamese food so she cooks it for them whenever Tyga invites her over.
- Is relieved that Tyga is attempting to remove Blac from his life and making Kylie a larger presence in his life.
- Says that Chyna barely sees her child
- She is not bothered by the age gap. Believes Tyga is still a child himself
- All she cares about is that Kylie is a kind person from a well educated family (bitch where?)
Among the costumes are a pilot outfit, a traffic cop, aaaaaand this:
( Collapse )
Sources: 1 2 3 4
Scott Eastwood was embarrassed to buy his own magazine cover -- but the cashier didn't recognize him! http://t.co/oIivdDRmpa— Us Weekly (@usweekly) May 8, 2015
Before everyone thinks that he was trying to be slick and the paparazzi caught him or something, he actually posted it on his Instagram first. He captioned it, "Moment of extreme embarrassment. When men's fitness didn't send me a copy of the cover I was on. So had to buy it at store. This lady didn't even notice. Lol. #buyingmycover #blushing #mensfitness #goodtimes photo cred @adamrbeach"
( Collapse )
Pics from Men's Fitness
Lee Daniels: 'My mother knew I had to get out of the ghetto' http://t.co/jRfbRBP5yf— TIME.com (@TIME) May 8, 2015
- Gave a speech at the Time Gala.
- Had a rough upbringing.
- His mother knew he was gay early on and knew that he had to get out of the ghetto.
- His mother contacted his neighbor who was a butler for Ed Snyder.
- He was given the opportunity to drive out every day to a world of white people and the world of white people opened his life into a magical place he woul'dve never known. ( No this is not an exaggeration, he really said this)
- A lot of his friends growing up died or died of AIDS.
- Thanks his mother for believing he was destined for something.
- harry is giving louis the cold shoulder after getting into it on twitter with zayn and naughty boy
- he's mad because he's very aware and concerned with their reputation as a band
- he thinks louis has made them look bad so he isn't speaking to him
- a source says their relationship has been strained for some time and this has only made it worse
Several days after appearing together at the Met Gala, Clooney spoke to ET about his next film project Tomorrowland and also his newly-wedded bliss. Clooney only had wonderful things to say about his barrister better half.
"She's an amazing human being," he told ET's Nancy O'Dell. "And she's caring. And she also happens to be one of the smartest people I've ever met. And she's got a great sense of humor. There's a number of reasons why."
( Collapse )
- Full House, Smart Guy, and Babby Daddy actor, as well as younger bro of Tia & Tamera has released the debut single "Flirt" off his EP.
Well, at least he still has baby daddy
For the few of us that care, 3 of the Saturdays are planning to launch solo careers this year.
- Mollie is apparently launching 80s/Kylie/Britney sound
- Vanessa is apparently recording R&B music
- Una is apparently trying for an acoustic sound
They still swear they haven't broken up, blah blah blah
ABC has picked up the drama QUANTICO, due to air this fall. Josh Safran (Gossip Girl) will pen the script and exec produce alongside Mark Gordon (Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy) and Nick Pepper (Desperate Housewives, Lost). Marc Munden (twice nominated for a Best Director BAFTA) will direct the pilot.
The drama centers on a group of young FBI recruits, all with specific reasons for joining, who battle their way through training at the Quantico base in Virginia. As the drama intercuts between their hidden pasts and their training, it also flashes forward to the near future, where one of the recruits will turn out to be a sleeper terrorist responsible for the most devastating terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11.
More to the point, the show stars Bollywood sensation Priyanka Chopra. Here's all you need to know to start stanning:
( Collapse )
And back to Quantico, Priyanka Chopra tweeted the news of the pick up, including the 1st look poster:
( Collapse )
Source for the PC stuff: me and wikipedia
Source for Quantico stuff + tweet
Video sources: 1 2 3 4 5
A low-quality Scream Queens poster was leaked today, and we finally get to see Ariana!
It's also the first time Jamie Lee Curtis appears in a poster.
“The Good Wife”’s fifth season was its best yet. What the hell happened? http://t.co/Pq4DDjmcIz— Salon.com (@Salon) 8 Mai 2015
- Season 5 was the best thing to grace our TVs last season, tremendous work, if you didn't watch it please reevaluate your life and choices
- Season 6, not so much
- Kalinda & Alicia: The writers fucked up their best character, Kalinda, badass investigator in boots, because they cut off her main function in the show: being Alicia's best friend. She then went from a resourceful and cool sidekick to an emotionless leather-clad robot, turning her character to waste.
- Archie & Juliana: Buzzfeed first reported in 2014 that the actresses had not share a scene for 30 episodes. As of this week, the count is up to 50. There's obviously drama behind the scenes since Juliana is a producer, and Archie had an Emmy first, then a countdown of her TGW days on her twitter + was snubbed at Paley Fest by the cast
( Collapse )
Survey says: The Americans is now the best show on TV, tyfyt
The song will probably get a sales boost when the music video comes out next week, as well as when Britney & Iggy perform the song at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, May 17.
Sources: iTunes + https://twitter.com/idolator/status/596794307627130881
-will appear in s2
-has a tv deal that "will also allow her to appear in any of Marvel’s other Netflix original series."
-“Claire Temple proved a fan favorite in Season 1, and we can’t wait for fans to see all the plans we have for her next.” yeees
"Ever since her short-lived stint as a Super Hero ended in tragedy, Jessica Jones has been rebuilding her personal life and career as a hot-tempered, sardonic, badass private detective in Hell's Kitchen, New York City. Plagued by self-loathing, and a wicked case of PTSD, Jessica battles demons from within and without, using her extraordinary abilities as an unlikely champion for those in need... especially if they're willing to cut her a check."
.@sjosiah0 The Internet doesn’t just offer opportunities for misogynistic abuse, you know. Penis enlargers can also be bought discreetly.— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) May 8, 2015
( Collapse )
UK ONTD'ers how do you feel about the Tories ruling all by themselves? If you are Scottish or Welsh, how does it feel to have a government your country did not vote for? Also
a minute of silence for the death of the BNP
[Spoiler under the cut]
It was just ludicrous to not only kill off Nick's mom but to do it offscreen. And they really need to kill of Juliette next week because there is absolutely no coming back from that or redeeming her in any capacity. I sure as hell don't want to watch her hexenshit play out next season.
Oops sorry for not putting the spoiler under the cut. I forgot :-/
( Collapse )
Source 1 and 2
'Killjoys' premiers on Space and SyFy on June 19th
Meghan Trainor and Charlie Puth famously made out in the video for their collab "Marvin Gaye," and MTV caught up with the two face-suckers to ask them about their experiences kissing each other! Meghan said that during filming, everyone was cheering for her because she was such a good kisser. Charlie confirmed Meghan's story, agreeing that she is a very good kisser.
Are you a good kisser?
( Collapse )
You guys I am FREAKING OUT. I was so worried but obvs I never needed to be because he looks flawless as ever. Are we excited for this hot mess yet?
Melissa, a world renowned bucket hat designer, was spotted hanging out with her bff today in NYC! The Bajan designer donned a stylish black and white outfit with sharp shades and a black clutch! Click the cut for more pictures!
( Collapse )
Mel was also kind enough to take pics with ha fans!
( Collapse )
src / 2