Actor and producer
Julia Louis-Dreyfus talks about her work on Seinfeld, choosing Veep, the importance of having fun at work, and why women make great producers.
I Personally Love Swearing
Julia Louis-Dreyfus talks about the amount of swearing in Veep and how it works as a device to convey aspects of a politician's life.
( Collapse )
Can't embed so I'm posting links instead
( Collapse )source // source // source // source
i'm at work about 15 minutes from martin place and it was pretty emotional to watch this all unfold. it all happened so quickly, after hours of silence 7 hostages came running out and then less than a minute later the police stormed in and all you could hear was gunfire and explosions.
Ok everybody. One last time. Steve Hillenburg is coming back to the show in January, Your collective dreams are coming true.— ⭕️❌⭕️ (@paultibbitt) December 11, 2014
Paul Tibbit tweeted that the Spongebob creator Steve Hillenburg (who left after the first movie in 2004?) will be coming back... not sure what role he will have.
favorite spongebbob moment??
*The induction ceremony is April 18, 2015 in Cleveland.
*This was Green Day's first year of eligibility.
*With Ringo's induction, all four Beatles will have been inducted as solo artists (the band was inducted in 1988).
I'm so excited for Green Day. Billie Joe's performed with Joan recently and I hope this means we can expect a collaboration at the ceremony. I'm only a couple hours away from Cleveland so I'm now so incredibly anxious about trying to get tickets for the ceremony!
- "I can't definitively say I know the ramifications of the storm. I mean, I don't know if the hacking honestly is because of our movie, definitively or not," Rogen said. "I know that it has been the center of a lot of media attention lately. It is weird because we just wanted to make a really funny, entertaining movie and the movie itself is very silly and wasn't meant to be controversial in any way."
- Rogen doesn't regret making it. He said that it's the responsibility of others "who are much smarter than me" to analyze the possible repercussions of making a film like this. His job, he said, is just to make people laugh.
- “To be fair,” Franco, “it satirizes American culture just as much.”
- "At this point, it's too late to have any second thoughts. I mean, no, I think again, I like the movie. I can't in my head over-connect everything surrounding it with the movie itself," he said. "When I've seen the movie with 30-plus audiences in 30-plus movie theaters and every time, they really like it, that's what I have to keep coming back to. We set out to make a movie that was really entertaining to audiences and I genuinely think we did that. And that's where my job ends."
tweet + Watch the Kim Jong-un Death Scene That Has Sony Terrified
• Kaya Scodelario, Lucy Boynton, Gabriella Wilde, Jenna Thiam, and Alexandra Dowling will be tested this week for the female lead in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
• Role will likely be the love interest to Brenton Thwaites' British soldier, Henry. No other details of the role are known.
• Javier Bardem is playing the villian.
• Production will commence in the first quarter of 2015, and will be released July 7, 2017.
According to a survey of 1,100 people ages 13-49 in the U.S., 77-year-old Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman is considered to be the most liked celebrity in the country and "more appealing than any other celebrity".
2. Tom Hanks / 3. Sandra Bullock / 4. Betty White / 5. Will Smith
9. Leonardo DiCaprio / 18. Whoopi Goldberg / 20. Taylor Swift / 22. Oprah Winfrey / 23. Jay Leno (?)
#6-25 at the Source
Toronto Film Critics Name 'Boyhood' Best Picture http://t.co/jjWtZJHY5b— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) December 16, 2014
Toronto Film Critics Association best of 2014:
Best Film: Boyhood
Best Director: Richard Linklater
Best Actor: Tom Hardy, Locke
Best Actress: Marion Cotillard, The Immigrant
Best Supporting Actor: J.K. Simmons, Whiplash
Best Supporting Actress: Patricia Arquette, Boyhood
Best Screenplay: The Grand Budapest Hotel,
Best Animated Feature: Isao Takahata’s The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Best First Feature: Ritesh Batra’s The Lunchbox
Best Foreign-Language Film: Ruben Östlund’s Force Majeure
Best Documentary Film: Jesse Moss’s The Overnighters
( Collapse )
Tiffany "New York" Pollard
Flavour of Love // I Love New York
The undisputed Queen of reality television. While there have been murmurs of her return to reality for some time now, and we were even teased with the deliciously sounding Ratchet Queens, nothing has quite come to fruition just yet. However, things are looking up, after a string of successful club appearances, it seems New York may finally be headed back to reality tv, with VH1 all but confirming it themselves.
source: me and google images
sorry if your fave isn't included, i intended on including a few others (namely: goldie) but was disappointed to find nothing recent about them.
-He talks about his current play The River.
-He talks about his at home routine and being happy he's home each day doing the theater.
-Talks about Oklahoma and his audition for Wolverine
-Height issue with Wolverine
-Talks about his early career
-He talks about X-Men: Apocalypse and Wolverine 3
-Talks about Star Wars and Indiana Jones briefly
-Mini Q&A at the end, apparently he loves Superman
-And his workout
I still think he's so handsome.
She's currently in Germany right now
Even though the music drought is getting serious, YAAAAAAS Rih! Get on that business woman shit! So inspiring to see her take so many big steps. She's about to "My Adidas!" Puma.
- Most anti-piracy tools take one of two paths: they either target the server that's sharing the files (pulling videos off YouTube or taking down sites like The Pirate Bay) or they make it harder to find (delisting offshore sites that share infringing content). But leaked documents reveal a frightening line of attack that's currently being considered by the MPAA: What if you simply erased any record that the site was there in the first place?
- You could still type http://www.piratebay.se into your browser, but without a working DNS record, you wouldn't be able to find the site itself. If a takedown notice could blacklist a site from every available DNS provider, the URL would be effectively erased from the internet.
- It's still unclear whether the plan would prove technically feasible or whether the legal arguments would survive in court, but the document suggests the MPAA hasn’t backed away from its goal of blocking any site that shares pirated content, and it isn’t afraid to leave systems like DNS as collateral damage. Even worse, while the rest of the web seems to have moved on from SOPA, the MPAA is still using it as a playbook.
Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014: The stand-up comic and actress Chelsea Handler tells Barbara Walters why she didn't want a network TV show.
Source 1 and 2
Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack of Theaters That Show 'The Interview' http://t.co/2lutRVOoQj— TheWrap (@TheWrap) December 16, 2014
The message reads:
We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.
Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.
The world will be full of fear.
Remember the 11th of September 2001.
We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.
(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)
Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
All the world will denounce the SONY.
Natalie remembers the point in her career when she was getting flack for playing Padme Amidala in the second installment of the Star Wars franchise. Mike was working with her in a stage production of Seagull and vouched for her to be cast in Cold Mountain. Nichols would eventually cast her in the film adaptation of Closer (co-starring Julia Roberts, Clive Owen, and Jude Law). She credits him for rebooting her career (which in a nutshell means her eventual casting in Garden State and V for Vendetta).
"[...] everyone thought I was a horrible actress. I was in the biggest-grossing movie of the decade, and no director wanted to work with me."
Just to tie it up in a bow, Natalie won the Oscar for Best Actress in 2011 for her performance in Black Swan
Watching tv n can't stop crying.Cant believe how religion can be used for such a horrid act of violence.No God says it's ok to kill!N kids?!— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) December 16, 2014
My heart has broken.. The world failed those children in Peshawar ... It's a sad sad day.— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) December 16, 2014
( Collapse )
More than 132 children as young as 2-years old are presumed dead.
Mods, I didn't know how else to post this to ONTD unless it had to do with celebrities.
I was born in Karachi and I cannot contain my rage and sadness.
Universal has moved Legendary’s King Kong origins movie — now titled Kong: Skull Island — from Nov. 4, 2016, to March 10, 2017.
The film will be released in 3D. The studio and Legendary announced the 2016 date for Skull Island during Comic-Con in July, then disclosed in September that Tom Hiddleston was on board to star with Jordan Vogt-Roberts directing.
John Gatins (“Flight”) and Max Borenstein (“Godzilla”) wrote the script, set in King Kong’s home as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the primordial island. Legendary said the story honors the foundations of existing King Kong lore created in the iconic 1933 film.
Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni will produce and Alex Garcia will exec produce.
Hiddleston will also star in Legendary’s upcoming Crimson Peak horror film from director Guillermo del Toro.
( Collapse )
Who do you think she is playing? my money is on Viola's mum or a career mentor type figure. Viola idolises Cicely so would be interesting to see the role they cast her in.
Around the 1:30 mark
"Im really in touch with my fans and I know what they like...What my fans in general were afraid of was that I would start making pop music and I would stop writing smart lyrics or I would stop writing emotional lyrics and when they heard the new music they realized this wasn't the case at all"
Sat and talked to a homeless man about Jesus at the gas station after blessing him. We were both moved to tears. THAT'S real life. 🙏🌎— Keri Hilson (@KeriHilson) December 16, 2014
I blessed him physically, but he blessed me spiritually. I dare you to interact with someone who you "think" can do nothing in return...— Keri Hilson (@KeriHilson) December 16, 2014
SOURCE 1 2
When was the last time you blessed someone, ONTD?
let it go @ ryan murphy
EXCLUSIVE: Teacher reveals how Mark Wahlberg taunted and threw rocks at her fourth graders http://t.co/1dQXPi5mVQ— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) December 15, 2014
- The girls' teacher, Mary Belmonte tells awful source about how a class outing to play in the sand turned into a nightmare for her mostly African-Americans students.
- Two of the little girls in her care - one black and one white - were hit in the head by a barrage of stones.
- Kristyn Atwood, one of the girls, does not think it is fair that Wahlberg should get his conviction overturned.
- One of the racist trio Marky Mark usd to roll with - Michael Guilfoyle - is now a senior Boston firefighter.
- Mary would like a face-to-face apology from the racist street thug popularly known as Marky Mark..
- One of the Vietnamese men he attacked, the one in the news last week - Hoa Trinh - said he forgives the megastar, and Wahlberg has now invited him to fly to Los Angeles from his new home in Texas for a face-to-face meeting. lol - ONTD was so right about that pay off.
No Active Plot Against Movie Theaters, Says Department of Homeland Security http://t.co/9OxxwY1KUe— Variety (@Variety) December 16, 2014
“We are still analyzing the credibility of these statements, but at this time there is no credible intelligence to indicate an active plot against movie theaters within the United States,” the statement reads.
“The Interview” is still scheduled to open on Christmas Day. Neither Sony or theaters have yet made a decision to pull the movie.
follow-up from this post
In addition to the media blackout at the LA premiere, all broadcast with Seth and James to promote 'The Interview', including Late Night with Seth Meyers and Buzzfeed Brews, has been canceled.
The NY screening on Thursday at Sunshine is still happening, apparently. We'll see how long that plan lasts.
"The Cold War" -- Samaritan shows its power by erasing crime from the city for a day in an attempt to force The Machine out of hiding, on Person of Interest, Tuesday, Dec. 16 at 10/9c on the CBS Television Network. Guest starring are Jonah Nolan's delightfully creepy uncle John Nolan, Cara Buono and Julian Ovenden (i.e. all the Decima/Samaritan peeps. Bring it).
( Collapse )
lollll I love those ridiculous moments. Also, i c that cross. Also, ARE YOU READY? Tonight’s episode is the first part of the trilogy and that means we have to wait until January until we see the other 2 parts. I can only imagine there will be a cliffhanger. Goddammit.
cbs website, cbs twitter, youtube 1, 2
Evin Cosby writes on her Facebook page:
Rape is a serious allegation and it is suppose to be taken VERY seriously but so is Falsely accusing someone. When someone rapes a person they go to prison. THAT should also happen to the person that has wrongfully accused an innocent victim.They are not ONLY destroying innocent people's life they are ALSO making it hard for the MEN and Women to find justice when they have been raped.
i just...sigh. thoughts ontd? cuz i have no fucking words rn
...Mickey Rourke's 29-year-old opponent in the 62-year-old actor's grand "return" to the boxing ring last month in Russia was indeed - gasp - paid to take a dive.
Elliot Seymour, a mentally ill homeless man with a career 1-9 record, told (who else?) TMZ that he was paid $10,000 to throw the fight by going down from a body shot in the fourth round, and was paid another five grand upon his return to the U.S. for a total of $15,000.
He said that he was specifically instructed not to hit Rourke in the head, but also believed that Rourke did not know of the fix.
However, Seymour, who has since consequentially been banned from boxing in New Jersey, later recanted his story: he was actually paid to fight, not to lose, and he lost because he only had one month to train.
Source 1 / Source 2
Have you ever thrown a boxing match, ONTD?
The season finale of Survivor airs Wednesday, December 17th on CBS!
Who do you think will win? Who do you want to win?
If we get it, Boston should host hands down. One of our oldest cities. <333
EDIT: ONTD, CHILL OUT. How old will you be in 2024? OLD AS DIRT, that's how old you'll be. We have a good chance of winning this bid. Quit complaining. If we don't get 2024, then we'll have to try for 2028. And then how old will you be, grandma/grandpa?
MTV's the Challenge: Battle of The Exes premieres January 5th. Final season to feature Diem Brown and Knight. Diem is briefly featured at the beginning of the trailer.
Are you excited for this season or do you wish MTV would scrap this season?
Coming early 2015! Share your gamertags in comments. Maybe we can start an ONTD crime gang.
- Playboy ranked all episodes of Star Trek that have ever been made, which is over 700.
- Two-parters were counted as one episode, so the list is actually under 700.
- The movies don't count, but the animated series does.
( Collapse )
Episode summaries taken from Wikipedia: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Rest of list + commentary here.
On finding balance with her new philosophy in life: “I’m not about the biggest and the best. I’m about enjoying my life, more than anything.”
( Collapse )
interview source interview source2 interview source3
after what she's been through she's the only celeb that 1st quote sounds believable from and not completely contrived.
( Collapse )
( Collapse )
Source: 1, 2, 3
Paraphrased by moi.
Only a few more weeks until Kelly's new era is upon us. I can't wait.
- Jen was seen at the Los Angeles home of Red Army director and producer Gabe Polsky on Friday afternoon, according to the New York Daily News.
- She was apparently there for five hours; they ordered pizza twice (lmfao)
- About him: Polsky's documentary Red Army is about Soviet dominance in ice hockey; only documentary included in the offical selections at Cannes, TIFF, other festivals and is one of the best received films of 2014 (100% Rotten Tomatoes rating)
( Collapse )
she really loves a man with a massive forehead and tiny teeth huh
It’s been a while since we’ve made fun of Blake Lively’s pet project, Preserve. From describing an ice cream sundae as “a message from the subconscious,” to “being so bold as to posit that a barbecue is an inherently medieval affair,” this site can be hilariously pretentious. Click behind the cut to enjoy some snippets from their newer posts. Blake may have read the previous ONTD comments because the new content is nowhere near as bad as the earlier posts, but there are still some amusing things in here!
I hope you enjoy this post with the "ease of a hummingbird relishing a pastoral bloom!"
( Collapse )
You want Finn take him
no return, no exchange, no refunds
The CW Television Network
lol at least that was quick
Anyone else catch it? I was really impressed with the cast and loved all the stories woven together. This episode is probably up there now with White Bear, Entire History of You, and Be Right Back as my top episodes (I sat stunned for a while after White Bear ended... holy shit).
Meghan's Best Song For Training:
All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor
( Collapse )
What were your most played songs & albums this year ontd?