November 19th, 2014
yoooooooo they went awf!!
"The product you’re seeing today is fast, fun, and incredibly simple. After you enter your debit card, it’s securely stored by Square, who will swiftly process your payment and send cash directly to your friend’s bank account. Just swipe into chat, type the dollar sign, an amount (e.g. $11.25), and hit the green button.
We set out to make payments faster and more fun, but we also know that security is essential when you’re dealing with money. Square has a ton of experience in this area and our teams have been hard at work to make Snapcash a great experience for everyone. For now, Snapcash is available to Snapchatters in the United States who have a debit card and are 18 or older."
What a time to be alive. ONTD, will you be swiping three fingers to make it rain anytime soon?
$ource 1, 2
1989 is nearly double platinum now!
Early predictions for next week:
"According to very, very early reads, FOUR, the new set from SYCO/Columbia's One Direction, looks set to bow in the vicinity of 400-450k next week. 1D have naturally been looming large at iTunes (see below) on both the album and singles sides. Meanwhile, Republic's Nickelback is looking to do 55-60k, while the label's Lorde-curated Hunger Games: Mockingjay Pt. 1. is set for a 20-25k debut."
Source (the predictions bit was just a snippet :/ without it's own url
The reigning Miss Honduras had attended a birthday party with her sister on Thursday night and was to leave for London three days later for the Miss Universe pageant. Authorities believe that both women were abducted, shot and killed shortly after the party.
The head of the National Directorate of Criminal Investigation, Leandro Osorio, confirmed with a local newspaper that the bodies of both women were found today buried in a small mountain village. He stated that Alvarado had been shot in the back while Hernandez had been shot in the front.
Police currently have two suspects, including Hernandez's boyfriend, in custody. They also have a witness under police protection.
Source: USA Today
Edit: The Daily Mail is now reporting that Hernandez's boyfriend became jealous that she was dancing with another man. They got into an argument about it and he shot her and then shot Alvarado as she tried to flee.
If you don't think you can handle watching the video, the transcript is below the cut:
( Collapse )
Like, how has he not been fired yet? How are you gonna ask a woman why she didn't fight back? There are a lot of reasons women don't resist, and I don't know if Don Lemon or any journalist should be questioning it.
Jesus Christ. Don Lemon's ineptitude was almost funny before, but now it's getting ridiculous.
Natalie Morales and Willie Geist are getting dropped from the Today show in a massive shake-up: get the details http://t.co/vKqbUtwVnO— Us Weekly (@usweekly) November 19, 2014
Your concern & kind tweets were overwhelming. Thank you. And don't hold it against @UsWeekly: "Stars… Just Like Us!" remains a must-read.— Willie Geist (@WillieGeist) November 19, 2014
in a move that seems inspired by lady gaga’s infamous social network, little monsters, marina diamandis has released her own social network on fahlo. what is fahlo? an app available for ios and android users, the developer indicates that it “gets you closer to the things and people you love.”
( Collapse )
source: marina & the diamonds facebook
source: fahlo on ios app store
article composed by jfk for ontd
does marina really have the pull to start her own social network? too close to gaga for comfort? is her frooty era off to a rotten start?
they completely changed the plot of the book :(((((( also who tf is still using the stereotype of 'rocker'
Netflix shelved a Bill Cosby comedy special following renewed attention to rape accusations http://t.co/1QotCETKKa— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 19, 2014
- originally was going to have one celebrating his 77th birthday
- it's been postponed, could possibly end up being shelved entirely
- his lawyers are still denying everything and is attempting to discredit victims
Mary J. Blige recently told Stella Magazine:
“All females for me, all guys for him. There’s none of that, ‘Oh, that’s my female friend. Oh, that’s my guy friend.’ No, not in a marriage, I’ve never seen that work.”
Naya Rivera was guest co-hosting The View this week and agreed with Ms. Blige. She is married to Ryan Dorsey (pictured above). Her quote:
“I think that’s amazing. I’m with Mary. I just got married and I’m pretty sure I told my husband that like two days ago.”
When the audience agreed, she shot back with this:
“I really didn’t think I would get support on that, thank you so much. It’s really not so much a rule as I understand it, because I feel like you’re playing with fire and opening up the floodgates here, and you’re having issues in your marriage, but someone is going to talk to the opposite sex to get advice or whatever and you should be talking to your partner. So I don’t believe in it.
I feel like there’s a difference between having an issue with that when you’re married and when you’re just dating someone. I feel like when you’re married, if you’re now someone’s wife, I’m sorry, ladies, but you got to get back a little bit more. It’s different.”
Do you agree?
The show will air on CBS on Friday, December 5. Ari's opening acts will include Pharrell Williams, Mary J. Blige, Tim McGraw, and Adam Levine.
Your favorite Girl You Wish You Hadn't Started a Conversation with at a Party is moving up in the world. THR reports she will host the White House Correspondents' Dinner on April 25 of next year.
--Fourth female host ever, succeeding Wanda Sykes, Paula Poundstone(?), and Aretha Franklin(!)
--One of many SNL cast members to do so (Seth Meyers hosted in 2011)
--She hails from the suburbs of Chicago, which explains her wonderful Midwestern accent
Do you like Cecily on SNL, ONTD?
not usually hf middle-aged white daddies but ioan gruffudd can get it, honestly.......
- “His life and legacy was the film I wanted to make the second after Hunger,” McQueen said, referring to his debut movie, about the IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands. “But I didn’t have the power, I didn’t have the juice.”
- The director told the audience that he first discovered Robeson at the age of 14. A neighbour called Mr Milton used to give McQueen books and articles he thought might be of interest, and one day put a cutting about Robeson through his parents’ letterbox. (how sweet - op)
- Paul Robeson was the son of an escaped slave. He abandoned a legal career after experiencing severe racism at work, and became a singer/actor.He campaigned against racism and social injustice, performed for loyalist soldiers in the Spanish civil war, at anti-Nazi demonstrations.
- During the McCarthy era in the US, Robeson was denounced as a communist, blacklisted from film studios and concert venues, and refused a passport to travel abroad. Though it was reinstated in 1958, his career – along with his mental health – had been brutally curtailed.
- McQueen did not divulge who would play Robeson, what Belafonte’s precise role was, or when the film would be out.
full article at the source
I can't even believe how dumb Claire is.... you really think nothing will change from having a child? I also wish they would stop making old characters pretty much glorified extras.
- The Misty Copeland Project (working title)
As talented hopefuls from diverse backgrounds descend upon New York to take on the next major step in their ballet careers, who better to train and mentor them than Copeland — the renowned ballerina who herself has defied all odds and shattered boundaries by overcoming the cultural pressures of professional ballet. With the opportunity of a lifetime and chance to catapult to the top of the ballet world, these aspiring dancers' passion, commitment and hard work will be center stage in Misty’s Master Class.
Entertainment Weekly announced today that Stuart Townsend has signed on for a multi-episode guest arc for the CBS show. Townsend, whose other credits include Betrayal and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, will play Del, the boss of Joan Watson (Lucy Liu) who takes a part-time job as an insurance investigator hoping for a well of fascinating cases.
“We’ll find out that the company has hired Joan a handful of times with small assignments, and she’s managed to catch their eye and they want her to join on a more permanent basis,” said EP Rob Doherty.
In regards to how Sherlock (Jonny Lee Miller) would take this, Doherty said,“When we meet Stuart’s character, Sherlock is finding out about all of this for the first time and has to figure out to what degree this might change the dynamics of the partnership again.”
So does this mean that Joan will have a new love interest? Currently she is dating Andrew (Raza Jaffrey).
We shouldn’t rule the potential out, according to Doherty. He could only say: “He was Dorian Grey for crying out loud! I won’t say he’s not an interest.”
More at the source
Story follows a professional couple that is unable to conceive a child and decides to hire a young blue collar woman as a surrogate, before she develops a psychotic fixation on the husband. Cassar is best known for his work on the TV series “24.”
Morris has also signed a 3 picture deal with Screen Gems. So, you are going to be seeing a lot more of his Chestnuts.
I'm here for it despite the lifetime plot. It would be nice to see Regina Hall in a non-comedic role for a change.
- In a Facebook post, songwriter and activist Billy Bragg has accused Taylor of 'corporate power play' after she pulled her music from Spotify
- Bragg said it was a “shame that Taylor Swift's principled stand against those who would give her music away for free has turned out to be nothing more than a corporate power play"
- Bragg claimed Swift had contradicted herself by after signing a deal with Google’s new streaming service Music Key.
- Bragg said “Google are going after Spotify and Taylor Swift has just chosen sides. That’s her prerogative as a savvy businesswoman – but please don’t try to sell this corporate power play to us as some sort of altruistic gesture in solidarity with struggling music makers”
- Bragg said "She should just be honest with her fans and say sorry ... I've sold my soul to Google”
- He added that “if Ms Swift was truly concerned about perpetuating the perception that music has no value and should be free, she should be removing her material from You Tube, not cosying up to it.”
- A spokesperson for Swift denied claims that she had entered into an arrangement with YouTube Music Key.
Source 1, Source 2
Saw the film and LOVED it. Both did good but Eddie wow he really disappeared into the Stephen
- Tyga booked an appearance at Greystone Manor in Hollywood - a 21 and older nightclub
- Wealth-backed entitlement made him think Kylie would just be able to stroll right in, but the club held up their no fetuses allowed rule
- Tyga then decides not to show up because he's totally not dating her and is just protective of his underage friend and stuff
Full Story at Source
Boo you should get your priorities straight or you'll be the next musician licking Honey Nut Cheerio's boots for airtime.
"You have always been My Angel. And now you have your wings. We've been thru so much over the years. Thru the ups and downs we somehow managed to keep our promise. We never gave up on each other. Our plan to be together forever hasn't changed... it's just going to take a little longer now. And I'm going to hold onto this ring for you till we are together again. So don't worry mama, I'm not afraid. I know you will always be with me to give me your strength. You are The Love of My Life. My reason to be a better man. I Love You Always and Forever"
Patricia Arquette (Boyhood), Laura Dern (Wild), Julianne Moore (Still Alice), Reese Witherspoon (Wild), Amy Adams (Big Eyes), Hilary Swank (The Homesman), Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything)
( Collapse )
source: thehollywoodreporter - read the rest/see part of the roundtable here
they also talk about jlaw's nude pics and renee zellweger's face
source: The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Slay dem vocals Jimmy!
- Fuse ODG was born in Tooting, South London. Moved back to Ghana as an infant and then returned to London at the age of 11. When he returned to London, being African was not seen as something to be proud of because of the negative image it brought up in the mind of the masses and it made him almost ashamed of who he was.
- Seeing the video and the shot of the corpse being taken out of the house made him realise he had made the right decision to not be part of the Band Aid 30. When he was asked to take part he was skepitcal because of the lyrics and videos of previous charity singles. He was worried this would play into the constant negative portray of the African continent. He spoke with Bob Geldof about this concerns, Bob agreed with him and assured him they would use this to show a positive side of Africa.
- When he received the lyrics he was - two days before it was due to be recorded. He was shocked and appalled by the content. He wrote - "The message of the Band Aid 30 song absolutely did not reflect what Africa is truly about and I started to question whether this was something I wanted to be a part of. I pointed out to Geldof the lyrics I did not agree with, such as the lines “Where a kiss of love can kill you and there’s death in every tear”, and “There is no peace and joy in west Africa this Christmas”. For the past four years I have gone to Ghana at Christmas for the sole purpose of peace and joy. So for me to sing these lyrics would simply be a lie."
- He is not disregarding the fact that Ebola is real, people are dying and in need of help. But, he believes that, "every human being deserves dignity in their suffering and the images flashed on our screens remove any remnants of this from Ebola sufferers, many in their dying moments, when they should have it the most."
- He is sharing his positive experience of Africa through his music. And if he can make chart-topping music that celebrates Africa, then Band Aid with all the connections they have can do the same. He has performed in two of the three west African countries affected by Ebola. He has friends and family in those countries and he will be donating the proceeds from his next single to help the fight. Finally, he says "Shock tactics and negative images may raise money in the short term, the long-term damage will take far longer to heal."
excuse my summary and read the full article at the source. it is an easy read and really worth it.
A few people have been asking/concerned about the lack of African musicians on the band aid 30 song. Fuse ODG turned it down and I read (through a reliable source) that Angelique kidjo only accepted on the condition that she could make changes to the lyrics.
The Norwegian director Harald Zwart ("Karate Kid," "The Mortal Instruments") and the Norwegian producer duo Stargate has created the framework for Ylvis this time.
The video features Shangela from RuPaul’s Drag Race! You can read more about it here.
I think I like this one even more than "Young Love"
Questions answered in the chat
Why she returned to music
Her favorite clothing line
Her favorite skin care stuff
Her favorite quote
How she stays in shape
How many tats she has
Her favorite treat
Can she still do gymnastics
The first CD she bought
Her favorite most recently read book
Her career if she wasn't acting/singing/etc
Her favorite movie
( Collapse )
Xabi Alonso: Neuer should win the Ballon d'OR...he's the best I've ever played with http://t.co/qRAWi3I0Up Poor Iker— MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) 19. November 2014
Rihanna stepped out on Tuesday night as MAC’s Viva Glam Cosmetics ambassador, showing her support in the fight against AIDS at the premiere of Andrew Jenks’ new documentary It’s Not Over.
MAC AIDS Fund chairman and group president John Demsey told ET that Rihanna is “the most successful MAC Viva Glam spokesperson the brand has ever had. She has raised more money, more awareness, garnered more fans, more engagement than anything we've ever done. So the power of Rihanna, coupled with MAC Viva Glam, has been unparalleled.”
( Collapse )
Rihanna at Giorgio Baldi Restaurant in Los Angeles
( Collapse )
src / 2 / 3
- The Hunger Games franchise could be the first ever to have three or more installments open with $150 million+ opening weekends
- Box office experts say it'll open to at least $150 mill +, Lionsgate is being cautious, is expecting anything in the $130-150 mill range
- Regardless, will be the biggest opening weekend since Catching Fire last year
The Hunger Games made $152 Million opening weekend on March 23rd.
mj1 has come out in some countries already, so if you've seen it please use a spoiler tag if you want to discuss!!!
Christopher Walken continues to show off his triple-threat skills with a dazzling performance as (little ol') Captain Hook in this new, full trailer for NBC's Peter Pan Live. The new trailer, released on the heels of a shorter promo ad, features premiere footage of a new song written for Hook ("Vengeance") as well as the first clip of Alison Williams actually sounding pretty lovely singing one of the most well-known songs from the show, "Neverland." The trailer also gives us our first glimpses of Alanna Saunders as Tiger-Lily.
Peter Pan Live! will air on NBC on December 4th at 8 PM EST.
ONTD, have you ever had someone say your hook isn't cute?
This is so creepy! Apparently Joanna plays a cabaret singer who is trapped singing night after night in a mysterious jazz lounge.
Angelina Jolie has enlisted son Maddox to work on her upcoming feature film By the Sea, which costars husband Brad Pitt. Speaking about the romantic drama with DuJour magazine's Adam Rathe recently, the Unbroken director shared that Maddox, 13, is a production assistant on the movie.
"It's so weird," the 39-year-old actress told Rathe for DuJour's winter 2014 issue, referring to her son's role as a PA.
More at the source
FKA twigs is opening up to the media about her relationship with Robert Pattinson for the first time.
“I really enjoy the fun of putting something out and people liking it or hating it or talking about it, but vacuous attention, it feels disgusting. It’s like a hangover. It’s weird,” the 26-year-old singer told USA Today. “I know that’s not really because of me or what I’m doing, [but] the positivity that I get from [my relationship] makes the more challenging aspects…very worth it.”
More at the source
Billboard, Changing the Charts, Will Count Streaming Services http://t.co/RYpiY44lG8— NYT Business (@nytimesbusiness) November 19, 2014
- Will start adding streams and downloads for the formula to figure out the Billboard 200
- The new chart system will begin on Monday 11/24 and be revealed on Billboard's website on December 4th
- Silvio Pietroluongo, Billboard’s director of charts, said that by looking at streams as well as sales, the new chart will more accurately reflect how people listen to music these days
- One expected result is that albums by big pop stars — which tend to open high on the chart and then plunge after just a few weeks — should linger higher on the charts. Ariana Grande’s “My Everything,” for example, which opened at No. 1 in September, was No. 36 on last week’s chart, with 10,000 sales. Under the new formula, it would have been No. 9
- 1,500 song streams from Spotify, Beats Music, Rdio, Rhapsody and Google Play will be equivalent to an album sale, 10 individual track downloads will also be equivalent to an album sale
- It may hurt artists who do not have their albums on streaming sevices
Read a lot more @ the source
Netflix finally announced that it would be launching it's video on demand service for Australian and New Zealand customers in March 2015. Netflix director of corporate communications and technology Cliff Edwards told Fairfax Media that Australia/New Zealand had been a long time coming for Netflix and that he was happy with the level of enthusiasm that could be found in both countries for the launch of the service.
The film was previously titled Welcome To Yesterday and had its first trailer released in December 2013. The film was originally supposed to be released on February 28, 2014, but Paramount removed it from their schedule. It will now be released on January 30, 2015.
Source 1 & 2
Are you excited for found footage to be continuing on into 2015? Thoughts on the year-long delay?
there's only one new song, and it's not even a proper recording, it's a demo, & they've re recorded i hate to see your heart break with joy williams from the civil wars. the rest are just live tracks & i am so annoyed!! like what kind of half assed money grab?
At a press event in London for the Season 8 DVD release, an IRL Sontaran told the Hollywood Reporter that Capaldi will be back for Seasons 9 and 10. However, there is no word on whether or not Jenna Coleman will return. Rumors have been circulating that she would be leaving at the end of Capaldi's first run, but she put those to rest saying, "“There’s lots of rumors. We’ve sat down with [showrunner/human brillo pad] Steven Moffat and we’ve all decided we don’t want anyone to know which way it’s going.” She later added, “If you know I’m in the next series -- or if you know I’m off -- you’ll know how the story ends.”
Jimmy Ruffin who sang the classic song "What Becomes of the the Brokenhearted" has died today. He was 78.
He was ill for some time now and was in the ICU in Vegas
He was signed to Motown's Miracle label. He was Temptation's David Ruffin's brother.
When David died due to a drug overdose, Jimmy became an anti-drug campaigner.
THE SOURCE IS BBC NEWS
RIP :( This is super sad news. Legends leaving us always makes me sad.
ONTD what are your favorite motown songs?
( Collapse )
Please use the LJ spoiler tags if you are going to discuss any future episode spoilers. People have requested that we please keep comment threads marked with spoilers so those who want to actively avoid spoilers can participate in discussion as well~
NONE OF THIS WAS OKAY
I worked with @BillCosby in '86 when I was 19. We were alone together many times. He was a perfect gentleman & became a mentor to me.— Stacey Dash (@REALStaceyDash) November 20, 2014
Gotta tweet it again to tag Entertainment Tonight!
Sources 1 2
Former LittleMissSunshine gives a mini mini mini interview to ET! and confirms that a new album is coming 'very soon'. Do you think she will pull a Beyoncé?!
Youtube Link (Source)
Billboard Hot 100: #1(+12) Blank Space, @taylorswift13 [3 weeks]. *her 3rd #1 single*— Chart News (@chartnews) November 19, 2014
-we're never, shake it off, blank space
-she's also the first artist this year to have two number ones
more at the source: tvbythenumbers
- Roger Goodell said Adrian Peterson is suspended for the year
- Goodell wants Peterson to undergo therapy, counseling, and treatment
- He's suspended without pay and loses out on 4.1 million dollars
- Goodell called him out on having no remorse for what he did in an open letter and Peterson saying he wouldn't eliminate whoopings
- Vikings say they respect Goodell's decision
- NFLPA (NFL Players Association) said they'll appeal this but the chances of anything coming from that look slim
Study says that New England is the only NFL region where 1D was the top-selling act
The study also shows areas that certain artists are big sellers:
( Collapse )
I am pretty surprised at how much Goodell is sticking with this punishment, but I guess after the Ray Rice scandal blew up in his face (rightfully), he's trying to save his ass
ONTD NFL fans, which artists do you go see live?
source one, source two, chart source