It turns out there is a limit to what you can show on TV these days.
In light of the all too real drama encompassing ex-wife Britney Spears, Kevin Federline has scrapped plans for a reality show documenting his life as a single dad.
"His plans are on hold because of the Britney situation," a source close to Federline exclusively told E! News. "He had planned to do it, but not now."
A rep for the Playing with Fire purveyor had no comment on the situation, but the source from K-Fed's camp said he had been in talks with the show's would-be producers for months.
Federline had also recently looked into starting a business that would perhaps be incorporated into the show, but now "everything is on hold," the source said.
Last month, people close to the erstwhile aspiring rapper said Federline has been keeping busy cutting tracks and working with other artists in his home studio, an arrangement that allows him more time with his and Spears' two boys.
While he doesn't feel that he'll be taken seriously as an MC anytime soon, he has been focusing his energy on producing.
And on fatherhood, of course.
The 29-year-old former backup dancer has had primary physical and legal custody of toddlers Sean Preston and Jayden James since October.
Spears was stripped of her visitation privileges early last month, following an unexpected standoff with police at her Beverly Hills home after she refused to turn Jayden over to Federline's bodyguard when their visit had ended.
At the time, she spent just over 24 hours at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center undergoing a mental and physical checkup to further probe her increasingly erratic behavior.
The beleaguered pop princess was hospitalized for a second time early Thursday morning, this time on a 72-hour hold that was extended to 14 days after doctors determined her condition was serious enough to merit round-the-clock observation.
Spears' father, Jamie, has been granted temporary conservatorship of her estate and physical welfare.