WHAT'S WHAT IN '08
December 31, 2007 -- PREDICTIONS. Wendy! The Psychics' Psychic, who Dec. 15, 2006 accurately predicted in this column the timing of Wall Street's 2007 ups and downs, Lindsay Lohan's worsening behavior, and India's weather chaos, now brings us for Year 2008:
* The economy. "The mortgage crisis stabilizes. New banking incentives win customers back, home building and housing prices and hotel rates and time-sharing all rise."
* The market. Erratic during March/April. Disturbing news. Good time to buy. Investors who hang in will win come May with a big jump starting mid-month. Summertime it zig-zags 'til end of August. The Dow could hit 15,000 by year's end. Also: "New dental technology for computerized diagnoses gives sector investors a good opportunity." And what that all means I personally have no idea.
* Madonna. Shaves her head in tribute to people suffering with disease; performs techno/alien style. And what that all means I personally have no idea either.
* Brad and Angelina. Another adoption for the two. A medical correction for her.
* Rihanna. More hit songs but no hit in films. She also introduces a nail polish. She also writes and illustrates a children's book about growing up in her country.
* Michael Jackson. Gets a theater named after him, releases a video with a Middle Eastern feel. And a past child molestation charge is recanted by a witness, now older, who admits he lied.
* Lindsay Lohan. Gets engaged. Gets pregnant. Gets twins.
* Tom Cruise. Loses his temper, hits a guy, ends up in trouble with the fuzz.