"I never changed my name officially." https://t.co/4txff3Pnh5— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) June 21, 2022
- Martin Sheen spoke to Closer Weekly, saying one of his regrets was never using his real name Ramon Estévez.
- "That’s one of my regrets. I never changed my name officially. It’s still Ramon Estévez on my birth certificate,"
- He added that his given name is also still listed on his marriage license, passport, and driver’s license. Martin's parents were both immigrants, his mother Irish and father Spanish.
- "Sometimes, you get persuaded when you don’t have enough insight or even enough courage to stand up for what you believe in, and you pay for it later," he said, adding, "But, of course, I’m only speaking for myself."
- And while he regrets not using Ramon in the public eye, he says he's thankful he was able to persuade his son Emilio to keep his real name.
- "The only influence I had on Emilio was to keep his name...When he started out, his agent was advising him to change his name to Sheen, and he wouldn’t do it. And I thank God he didn’t."
- Seems he was unable to persuade Charlie to keep his, whose real name is Carlos Irwin Estevez.
ONTD have you felt pressure to hide/change a middle/family name?