"I remember, pre her leaving I'd go to set some days and I'd be very anxious about having a scene with her." https://t.co/egaDCUaYao— E! News (@enews) October 13, 2021
During a recent interview, actress Emma Kenney (Debbie Gallagher) shared some tidbits about her experience on Shameless:
- She stole toilet paper from trailers.
- She had her first on-camera kiss on the show.
- Emmy Rossum, who played the part of Fiona, was like a real sister "in good and bad ways."
- Emma said, "I was obviously a lot younger. There were times when she would try to be a good influence and then there were times where she would be blatantly giving me bad...not the best advice.
- Emma also said that she used to feel like there was a "weird competition" between herself and Emmy. "I don't know if it was other people on set creating that or if it was her creating that, but I know I wasn't creating it."
- When Emmy left the show, Emma said, "It was weird at first, for sure, but the set became a little bit more of a positive place. I'm not gonna lie. I remember, pre her leaving I'd go to set some days and I'd be very anxious about having a scene with her... because if she had a bad day, she made it a bad day for everyone."
A source close to Emmy says that the actress is "planning to reach out to Emma privately" after hearing this. "This is not how Emmy remembers their work relationship and friendship. She's really surprised and disappointed about this as it's not the way she remembers her time spent on set and especially with Emma."