Ryan Gosling on his first-ever brand partnership and the acting-driving-watch-wearing legacy of Steve McQueen: https://t.co/kxDfqBS4B0— GQ Magazine (@GQMagazine) October 8, 2021
Tag Heuer threw a bash in Beverly Hills last night to celebrate Ryan Gosling becoming their global spokesperson. He and his yellow velvet suit chatted with GQ magazine at the event.
- Tag Heuer’s driving background (a racecar driver helped design the first watch) and the film Drive are what drew the company to Gosling as a spokesman. Gosling himself is a fan of the brand.
- For Ryan's first Father's Day, Eva Mendes gave him a watch. "The brand doesn't matter...the symbol was what mattered. It meant, you're on the clock now."
- His first watch was a Casio with Hulk Hogan on it. As an actor, he uses watches as a part of his characters' stories. His film First Man helped him appreciate the mechanical aspects of watches.
- In his upcoming Netflix film The Gray Man, all the characters wear Tag Heuer watches. Ryan will also be designing his own watch in the future.
- During the pandemic, Ryan did not make any sourdough bread. It was a hard time for his daughters (ages 7 and 5) because they had to be separated from other kids and family. "I think Eva and I did more acting in quarantine than we have in our whole careers."
Source, two, three, four, five