Michael Schumacher is a seven-time Formula 1 champion — with the support of his family, this new documentary uses rare interviews and previously unreleased footage to take a look at the man behind the wheel.— Netflix (@netflix) September 19, 2021
Schumacher is now on Netflix pic.twitter.com/AEW1gMgmin
The Schumacher documentary has premiered on Netflix. The documentary covers the racing star's life, career and achievements, and features interviews with his family, friends and colleagues.
Some things we learn in the documentary:
- He did not want to become famous or be a star
- He questioned himself racing after Senna's death
- He loved to throw people in pools at parties
- His go-to karaoke song was "My Way" by Frank Sinatra
- He was initially very suspicious of people and took a while getting to know them, but when he did he gave 100% of himself (according to his wife)
- He saw giving Ferrari another world championship as a personal challenge
- Before his skiing accident, he considered going to Dubai to skydive instead
David Coulthard: “Well surely you're wrong sometimes?”— Tom (@OveratedLama) September 15, 2021
Michael Schumacher: “Not that I remember.” pic.twitter.com/UZ5QP6ivLK
Source: 1, 2, 3
Have you watched it yet? Thoughts?