Another 10-task challenge. You obviously don’t need to do all 10 tasks, choose as many as you want, but I figured it gives you some variety and allows you to pick and choose movies that fit your taste but also maybe lead you to watch something you wouldn’t normally seek out. For each task, you can pick whatever movie fits within the guidelines, I've added links to help you out. I tried to add tasks that would allow you to get movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – but there’s also Kanopy and Hoopla (both of which you can get free access through your library or university). Have a different movie for each task – that is, don’t have the same movie for task 2 and task 6.
1. It's back to school time. Watch any movie involving school (lists 1 and 2). Thanks decemlvng for the task!
2. September 15th starts Hispanic Heritage Month, watch any movie staring someone Hispanic. Thanks decemlvng for the task!
3. Watch any movie about the afterlife (some ideas).
4. Summer is almost over, which means beach season is too, thankfully. Watch any movie heavily involving a beach (some ideas) - may I suggest one of the greatest movies of all time, 2019's Portrait of a Lady on Fire expertly directed by Céline Sciamma?
5. Ever wonder what Jimmy Carter watched while he was President? Watch any one of the movies he did watch; full list here.
6. Watch any movie, here is a random movie roulette.
7. It's September, watch any movie that features the song September by Earth Wind & Fire. I made a list with some options that is hopefully helpful, here, but I'm sure there's other options out there.
8. Watch any movie off the list of films that hits different at night.
9. Watch any movie with a runtime under 90 minutes.
10. Watch any movie featuring an actor/actress that for whatever reason you can't stand.
ONTD, what do you plan on watching this month? What did you watch during the month of August?
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Letterboxd list
Previous months challenges