Allyson Felix offers Sha’carri Richardson words of encouragement on Jimmy Kimmel and Sha’carri throws shade saying that “it’s not real”.— Delonté (@dilemmv) August 25, 2021
This is the woman y’all stan on twitter. pic.twitter.com/vpPfjM1aPp
* 11x Olympic medalist and living legend visited Jimmy Kimmel the other day
* While on the show, she offered words of encouragement to Sha'Carri, who has had a difficult couple of months, after losing her spot on the Olympic track & field team due to a positive drug test and coming in last in her first post-Olympics race
* Said Felix: “I know that she’s obviously been through so much and I hope that she’s just supported. I hope people rally around her. Obviously she has a great personality and she’s brought a lot of attention to the sport and I think she’ll be in the sport for a very long time. I think just more than anything, for all athletes, there’s so much that goes into it. Just give her the support that she needs.”
* Sha'Carri seemingly responded by calling words of encouragement spoken on TV fake
* Could drama be brewing or is this just a misunderstanding / coincidence?
In other news, Sha'Carri liked a tweet perpetuating derogatory steoreotypes about Jamaicans
She has since unliked the tweet.
It's not the first time she has like and subsequently unliked a "shady" tweet. After coming in 9th at the Nike Prefontaine Classic, she liked a tweet comparing Jamaican runner Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce's looks to those of rapper Lil Wayne.
Sha'Carri Richardson liked this tweet saying Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce looked like Lil Wayne... Now this is misogynoir. I expect everybody who has been making excuses for Sha'Carri in the name of "protecting Black women" to come to Shelly-Ann's defense. pic.twitter.com/sWj0zZvQEH— ♠♥♣♦LunarSkye♦♣♥♠𓆩♤𓆪 (@LunarSkye_) August 22, 2021
ONTD, should Sha'Carri hire a social media manager or are these just the growing pains of a woman ,who suddenly finds herself under intense, public scrutiny?
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4,