- Cabin in the Woods (2011): I assumed it was just another generic horror gorefest, but it turned out to be such a great satire of the horror genre.
- Kung Fu panda (2008): Thought it was just going to be jack black spastic nonsense, got some of the best story telling and passionate voice acting and wonderful scenery. The sequels were just as good if not better.
- Kung fu hustle (2004): Saw it in the theatre as a kid with my dad and wasn’t too excited. Now it’s a classic for us lol
- Game night (2018): I don’t know why but I expected a mediocre comedy but I found myself laughing the entire time.
- Pacifc Rim (2013): I was expecting a standard Kaiju vs Mecha movie that would have half decent but it turned out to be an awesome movie. Even more miraculous was that they didn't shoehorn a romance into it despite having every opportunity for it.
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005): Didn’t have any if maybe low expectations, but ended up absolutely loving it.