- To further prove abusive men in Hollywood suffer 0-consequences, Shia LaBeouf has been added as the lead to Abel Ferrar's next film, a biopic of Italian saint Padre Pio.
- Earleir in February this year, FKA Twigs opened up about the alleged abuse she suffered while with her ex-boyfriend, LaBeouf.
- She told Gayle King that he would wake her in the middle of night and accuse her of plotting to leave him. He also would force her to only sleep naked - "because he said if I didn’t then I was keeping myself from him.”
- LaBeouf would allegedly tell Barnett (FKA Twigs) that she was “disgusting” and “vile".
- Last December (2020) she filed a lawsuit against LaBeouf, where for the first time she outlined the alleged abuse, including claims of sexual battery, assault and emotional distress. The suit also alleges LaBeouf knowingly gave Barnett an STD.
- In response, LaBeouf was dropped by his talent agency amid the allegations and had entered treatment. He also told the New York Times after the lawsuit was announced, “I’m not in any position to tell anyone how my behavior made them feel. I have no excuses for my alcoholism or aggression, only rationalizations. I have been abusive to myself and everyone around me for years. I have a history of hurting the people closest to me. I’m ashamed of that history and am sorry to those I hurt. There is nothing else I can really say.”
Source: 1 & 2
How ironic. The film industry is a joke.